Author Topic: UEFA Team Of The Year - 2012  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
UEFA Team Of The Year - 2012
« on: December 4, 2012, 04:39:12 am »

You can go to UEFA's official site and select your team of the year. Here is the link:- http://en.toty.uefa.com/

MY TEAM F THE YEAR:-

« Last Edit: December 4, 2012, 05:07:23 am by Saint Kopite™ »
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline SYLENTm

• ight be a total uppet :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is Anfield!
    • The Liverpool Way / My FM Story (to start soon)
Re: UEFA Team Of The Year - 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 4, 2012, 06:41:14 am »
I went for:

4-4-2: Cech - Lahm Ramos Barzagli Alba - Iniesta Xavi Pirlo Silva - Messi Ronaldo

Cech for his wonders in UCL, Barzagli for his amazing Serie A campaign, Alba for his European Championship and blistering start at his Barca career

« Last Edit: December 4, 2012, 06:55:50 am by SYLENTm »
Must admint Cesc is a great prospect new him before he went to Arsenal, same with Pique(now at ManU) and Messi also from Barcelona. Watch out for these guys in the future look very good.

Get him in the scouting team ASAP!

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 4, 2012, 08:05:26 pm »
4-3-3: Buffon / Lahm Hummels Kompany Alba / Iniesta Pirlo Alonso / Messi Falcao Ronaldo

There sure were a lot of Chelsea players in the selection, weren't there? I guess it's hard to argue with winning the CL, but those of us who've watched their domestic campaigns (not to mention the style in which they won the CL) would find it hard to put any of them in a starting XI.

I showed bias towards Xabi and I make no apologies for that. Found it hard to leave out RVP but Falcao is even better and you cannot exclude Messi or Ronaldo, plus he is a Manc now so fuck him.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 4, 2012, 08:17:17 pm »

I'd of had Vidal in their personally. Lots of people have rightly talked up Pirlo for his performances last year but Vidal as been just as good if not better, absolutely sensational.

There are obvious candidates missing from my line up, most notable probably Iniesta, Ronaldo and Xavi. They were all great this year, Iniesta especially so but I just think Reus, Toure and Huntelaar were too good to leave out. Huntelaar has really blossomed at Schalke and is an absolute beast right now, all you have to look at is the reaction from Dutch fans and media at him being benched at the Euros in favour of that no mark RVP.....Also easy to forget just how good Toure has been for much of the last year. Absolutely lit up the Premiership with some phenomenal displays.

My image doesn't appear to be working, I went for 433 Buffon - Alba - Hummels - Kompany - Lahm - Toure - Reus - Pirlo - Falcao - Huntelaar - Messi
« Last Edit: December 4, 2012, 08:21:48 pm by ghost1359 »
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #4 on: December 4, 2012, 08:19:48 pm »
Some mad candidates in there. Pique? He's been gash everytime I've seen him for ages.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline SYLENTm

• ight be a total uppet :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is Anfield!
    • The Liverpool Way / My FM Story (to start soon)
« Reply #5 on: December 4, 2012, 08:21:31 pm »
Huntelaar had a very good season but this one he isn't picking  the form up, barely scores anymore ( at least in the past couple of months )
Must admint Cesc is a great prospect new him before he went to Arsenal, same with Pique(now at ManU) and Messi also from Barcelona. Watch out for these guys in the future look very good.

Get him in the scouting team ASAP!