Author Topic: GTA VI  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
GTA VI
« on: December 4, 2023, 11:25:18 pm »
6 comes out in 2025 so it could still be 2 years away

It looks great .....but more of the same but I just know I will purchase it

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QdBZY2fkU-0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QdBZY2fkU-0</a>
« Last Edit: December 5, 2023, 06:17:55 pm by JerseyKloppite »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: Re: GTA V1
« Reply #1 on: December 4, 2023, 11:36:03 pm »
Even the release of a new GTA trailer feels like a momentous occasion.

Going to be a long two years mind.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 4, 2023, 11:47:59 pm »
Game looks good but what a shit trailer. Looks more like a music video.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #3 on: December 4, 2023, 11:53:23 pm »
It’s basically what the first trailer for GTAV was. An introduction to the protagonist and a brief hint at their story, whilst revealing the location.

Personally I think that’s enough for now.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2023, 12:44:24 am »
Love the trailer but struggle to get too excited with a 2025 release date. Could be autumn 2025 and that's two fucking years away :lmao

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2023, 01:17:28 am »
Love the trailer but struggle to get too excited with a 2025 release date. Could be autumn 2025 and that's two fucking years away :lmao

Early 2025 would be a good guess because Rockstar's financial report a while back said a massive title was scheduled before March 31st 2025.

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 5, 2023, 01:31:16 am »
Lots of Americans online praising how accurately they captured Miami/Florida 'culture' in a short video lol

On console you don't have the obnoxious rockstar launcher - anyone seen the captchas lately? One with choosing a "pair of dice" when it shows four dice; count the sides and then when you're on 4 tries out of 5, it'll say do it out of 20

I'd rather pay for online than do that in a game I'm loving
I think the hype will get to me eventually and I'll get a PS5 Pro then lol.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 5, 2023, 04:38:11 am »
Wake me up when there's unedited gameplay footage.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #8 on: December 5, 2023, 06:06:34 am »
I think I'll wait for the remaster on the PS7
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9 on: December 5, 2023, 06:59:08 am »
Not sure if my hearts into playing a game dedicated to scum and villainy anymore. It used to be quirky, now it’s a bit too IRL.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #10 on: December 5, 2023, 07:03:14 am »
2025? I'm not even going to bother watching it

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: December 5, 2023, 07:24:52 am »
Will definitely pick it up for the PS5 Pro

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: GTA VI
« Reply #12 on: December 5, 2023, 08:36:27 am »
Thread title should be VI, not V1...

Not really too much to say about it, it's clearly GTA and I think most people know already if they'll be buying or avoiding. My only general request is for a game that feels fun, in a way that GTA IV really struggled with. V was better on that regard.

Also, hopefully they don't wait about 2 years for the PC port this time as they did with V.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #13 on: December 5, 2023, 09:09:14 am »
Early 2025 would be a good guess because Rockstar's financial report a while back said a massive title was scheduled before March 31st 2025.

Yeah it's looking like a March 2025 release date which isn't too bad.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #14 on: December 5, 2023, 09:19:33 am »
Not really a fan of them not releasing the game on PC at the same time as consoles (at least that's what it looks like right now), but will probably get it on Xbox when it comes out. Will be interesting to see what they're doing with the whole online part. I hope they don't somehow tie it in with singeplayer mode in some way.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #15 on: December 5, 2023, 10:21:35 am »
GTA 5 (and online) made more money than most marvel films combined and spanned 3 console generations. So time to start investing in the next round

They need to really start plugging the leaks though. A company as big as rockstar can't have source code and trailers leak out

Of course it'll be a day 1 buy for me

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 5, 2023, 10:54:27 am »
Watching this trailer and then looking at the price of graphics cards is making me finally think of abandoning PC gaming and buying a PS5

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #17 on: December 5, 2023, 12:29:46 pm »
Looks exactly like a GTA trailer should. It certainly whets the appetite even if the game is probably 18 months away. Really excited for it.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 5, 2023, 12:50:31 pm »
I bought a PS4 to play the last one and will buy a PS5 just to play this game, happy I have more time for the price to drop!

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 5, 2023, 01:25:22 pm »
If they make the world feel as involved as Red Dead, but in the GTA world then this will be phenomenal.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2023, 01:55:45 pm »
Looks like a great setting for it. I'm sure there'll be lots of irritating, too true to life NPC's, but that's the beauty of a GTA game as you can smash their faces in.

It's not long since I bought a PS5 so I hope this isn't something that runs like shit unless you get the pro version.

Offline CortexVortex

• Main Stander
  • I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red
Re: GTA V1
« Reply #21 on: December 5, 2023, 01:56:52 pm »
Absolutely insane level of detail. R* and Naughty Dog are just on another level when it comes to this stuff.
Hopefully the PS5 Pro is out by then as I fear the base console might struggle a bit.

Online redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #22 on: December 5, 2023, 06:24:58 pm »
Looks great and as someone who loved the original Vice City game (and prefers the setting to Liberty or Los Santos), this is perfect.

Also as someone who considers RDR2 as one of the top 3 games of all time, I cannot wait to see what Rockstar do with a game on the current gen (although as some posters have said, given this will be released 5 years into the PS5 lifecycle it wouldn’t surprise me if the definitive version is on the PS6!)

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 5, 2023, 08:08:10 pm »
Looks alright. It's not gameplay footage though, but knowing R* it's going to be amazing  :)
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 5, 2023, 08:14:07 pm »
Fingers crossed the soundtrack is as good as Vice City. By far the best in the series for me.

That said, with the state of my fingers nowadays I'll be in no fit condition to play this by the time it comes out.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 6, 2023, 10:49:56 am »

Every other game, bar GTA IV (which was released in April 2008, after a 6 month delay after aiming for October 2007), was released in October.  Red Dead 1 was May, but 2 (by that time a bigger game) was Oct - but even then, initially Red Dead Redemption was aiming for a late 2009 release, before being pushed back to May.  LA Noire was due to be released Sept 2010 before being pushed back as well to May 2011.  Max Payne was aiming for "late-2009" before multiple push backs eventually resulted in a May 2012 release.

Suffice to say, that with every other big Rock Star game either releasing in Q4, or aiming to do so (before being delayed), it would be surprising if they aimed for earlier than that (especially given March 2025 is only 15 months away, much shorter time than usual) - GTA 5 for instance had it's announcement trailer 2 years before release; GTA4 was announced at E3 in May, 15 months before the release - which was then delayed by 6 months as it was too soon; RDR2 was announced in October 2016 2 years before it released in 2018 etc.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 6, 2023, 11:19:22 am »
Looks alright. It's not gameplay footage though, but knowing R* it's going to be amazing  :)

Oddly, I have never really "loved" any R* game.  The original Red Dead Redemption I played for about 15-20 hours, liked, but went on holiday, and when I came back didn't switch the PS3 on for another week or 2, and I had no urge to continue playing it,so never went back.  GTA4 bored me within 10 hours and I switched it off.  GTA5 I liked a lot more, but about halfway through the game the constant "battles with the cops, chases, crimes etc" got boring, so gave it a break and haven't finished it to this day. Haven't played RDR2, but will play it probably after I finish Spider-Man Remastered (and possibly playing Miles Morales straight away too) - hopefully it will be the first that really draws me in and makes me want to finish everything.

No doubt the polish they put into their games is amazing, but just something about them has never really clicked with me.  Maybe its that the worlds feel empty - games like Yakuza have a much smaller map, but a much more interesting and activity packed one meaning you learn it quicker and it feels more like home.  Or maybe it is not RPGey enough - no skill trees to plan levelling around - I think the only open world I really loved that didn't have the RPG style approach to skills and skill trees is Assassins Creed 2 (where there are "skills" you just unlock them by doing story missions IIRC).  Maybe Sleeping Dogs as well (can't remember how it handled the skill stuff).  All the other open world games I liked a lot or loved (Ass Creed Odyssey, Cyberpunk 2077, Spider-Man, God of War, Yakuza games, Witcher, Skyrim, Elden Ring, Saints Row, Horizon, Borderlands, Deus Ex: HR) have  more RPG skills and skill trees.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #27 on: December 6, 2023, 03:16:50 pm »
On the plus side by the time GTA 6 comes out the PS5, maybe £299 or something like that.

hopefully anyway I need to upgrade........ But Sony know that lots of people will need to upgrade to a PS5 to play this game so will they keep console prices higher knowing that.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 6, 2023, 07:55:55 pm »
There may well be a PS5 Pro by then too which some people will cave and buy just to get GTA6 at its best.

Not going to lie, I could be one of those people if they’re easy enough to get hold of.

I thought the trailer was great and can’t wait to get lost in another GTA creation. It reminded me to give RDR2 another go as I only got as far as Chapter 2. The 2025 release means I’ll be chipping away at my backlog between now and the launch, silver linings!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 6, 2023, 08:55:01 pm »

Pity about you. I'm waiting  for half life 3 for about 16 years now

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 8, 2023, 06:11:56 am »
I'm eagerly awaiting 2029 now, when Rockstar will release this on PC after milking the fuck out of it on consoles.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #31 on: December 8, 2023, 07:50:44 am »
I'm eagerly awaiting 2029 now, when Rockstar will release this on PC after milking the fuck out of it on consoles.

To be fair, PC normally gets its version when they're still in the middle of milking consoles... ;D

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #32 on: December 8, 2023, 08:24:16 am »

Ah. I see you're an optimist.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2023, 10:10:46 am »
Going to have self-aware AI in it apparantly!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.