Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III  (Read 3125 times)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
« Reply #40 on: November 9, 2023, 04:03:38 pm »
Had a little go against bots on Afghan and Terminal. It's mad how you don't forget

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 9, 2023, 06:21:38 pm »
In mainland Europe, servers are open from what i read on Reddit.

A few Brits are reporting they can only play in Hardcore lobbies right now.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2023, 05:40:13 am »
Just had a go on zombies all a bit hectic and didn't have a clue what I was doing or even what was going on.

And when you call a helicopter to leave you tend to get swamped by hundreds of zombies
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2023, 04:32:08 pm »
Just had a go on zombies all a bit hectic and didn't have a clue what I was doing or even what was going on.

And when you call a helicopter to leave you tend to get swamped by hundreds of zombies

Essentially Zombies is DMZ but without the PVP. If first time experiencing Zombies, I.e not played COD Black Ops Cold War then it’ll be a bit new but the way they have designed it though it should be relatively easy to pick up and blast your way through.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2023, 06:40:42 pm »
The Armoury is fucking stupid.

Other than that this game is amazing, i cannot fault the game play at all, TTK is perfect and consistent and can see enemy players way better now.

Sledgehammer are brilliant.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2023, 07:40:35 pm »
M13C is really strong in this game. I can't get a feel for the MW3 AR's, I don't like them they feel sluggish.

My best matches today have been with the M13C.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2023, 09:51:01 am »
My early impressions of MW3 are definitely mixed.

Campaign is pretty much as bad as it gets,. Short, spec ops type missions bar one or two, poorly written (seriously the early cod games had great writing and pacing with some amazing set pieces)

Zombies is DMZ with Zombies from outbreak on the new Warzone map. That's it and there's a real feeling of a lack of progression within it and I've yet to feel rewarded in anyway from playing it, wether that's extracting something valuable or taking down a group of enemies or enemy to progress.

Multiplayer is an improvement over MW2 for me because of better movement, maps with a better flow albeit they are old maps just with more detail and the saturation turned up. Some guns feel satisfying like the Pulemyot and the Riveter but others feel way less impactful, the striker for one, I know it got a nerf but it just feels odd to shoot even with different barrels.

The armoury is just another way to make the player grind for attachments and perks etc. Having to achieve daily challenges is stupid as shit since I'm limited to three a day and one of those was a tactical insertion challenge which I don't unlock till level 45 anyway!!!

I've had fun playing the War Mode which is kind of like a mini rush from battlefield. Unfortunately there's only one map and a third of that is crossfire from cod4 lol

For me MW3 will live and die by Warzone because there's just too much copy and paste content in the full release to keep players entertained long term. It's only function is levelling weapons for Warzone/Resurgence
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 09:56:52 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2023, 10:39:17 am »
They need to fix split screen multiplayer pronto. Me and the Mrs play split screen online and some maps are unplayable because of the graining on the screen.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2023, 11:32:01 am »
I am loving Zombies it is so much fun even solo.  Been ranking the guns up for MP easily and the missions are a decent variation.

It's mindless fun just going to an extract point calling the chopper and mowing down the zombies.  Taking me about 2 hours to max rank weapons.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2023, 11:55:46 pm »
Played a few games of Zombies. Haven't got a fucking clue what i'm doing, but it's great for ranking weapons up.

I also haven't got a clue about how I'm unlocking things in the Armoury, I'll choose something to unlock, I can't not see what I have to do unlock, but yesterday I got my covert boots and Ghost perk.

SVA 545, been using that today and it's ridiculous OP, the range on the thing with the long barrell is amazing, it was my favourite gun in the Beta but inconsistent, but in the game it's a laser and the TTK bursting it is so lethal, it's my favourite gun right now.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2023, 03:14:47 pm »
The Armoury unlocks at level 25.

If something in the armoury takes 3 challenges to unlock, you'll unlock it by completing 3 daily challenges.  Doesn't have to be on the day, just do 3.

Once unlocked, then wins count as daily challenges, so you may have something else that takes 3 challenges to unlock.  So to get them both on the same day you'll need to do your 3 dailies and win 3 games.

Zombies has it's own daily too, and they replace wins with contracts (think 3 contracts count as one daily challenge) once the original dailies are completed

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2023, 05:56:53 pm »
Striker got a massive buff, increase damage of 114%. ;D, damage increase to 40 metres.

Amr9 got buffed as well.

Striker 9 got a big damage range nerf.

Holger and DG48 got nerfed as well.

SMGs finally getting tweaked. 8)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2023, 06:01:38 pm »
10 v 10 moshpit is a blast, especially Hardpoint.

Looks like SBMM has been relaxed on it as well.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2023, 05:02:40 pm »
Happy Shipment day.

I have the LMG's, both Knives, RGL and one Battle rifle left.

Been deep on Rust the last week or so unlocking camos, knives has a glitch, the 5 kills in row 10 times doesn't work, you can get forged just by getting 5 kills in a game, unless it gets patched today.

This is the 1st CoD i haven't cared about my KD, i'm just having a blast on it.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2023, 05:28:57 pm »
Loving zombies still, looking forward to entering MP with all of my guns fully levelled.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 8, 2023, 10:26:42 am »
The new map Meat is bloody good fun.

Reminds me of the maps on Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2, it flows brilliantly on Objective game modes.

I just forged the Pistols on Meat 24/7, I made a cool mini shotgun build with the TYR with a Merc Foregrip, the thing hits like a truck, looking forward to using this build when Shipmas arrives. ;D

I have forged all the guns except the LMG's, not looking forward to using them for the next few days, I hate the mobility of LMG's.

« Last Edit: December 8, 2023, 10:28:27 am by RedSince86 »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #56 on: December 8, 2023, 03:14:24 pm »
I've had to totally wipe my PS4 and reinstall the system software after the latest update fucked the console up, the update for season 1 worked fine it's just yesterday there was another smaller 3 gig upgrade it took ages to download and hours to install for some reason.

Then a message popped up that it was corrupt and I should uninstall MW3 and reinstall it again, restart the console but won't boot tried loads of times in the end put it in safe mode had to wipe it and reinstall the system software it did start up afterward now downloading MW3 again that will take hours hopefully my game progress won't be lost

Its been a pain I will be nervous for the next update one thing I noticed, they have already knocked £20 off the price you can now buy it for £48 in the Playstation store.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #57 on: December 8, 2023, 07:16:51 pm »
Thankfully got it all up and running again and nothing was lost I could just carry on from where I left off

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2023, 11:35:46 pm »
They need to fix split screen multiplayer pronto. Me and the Mrs play split screen online and some maps are unplayable because of the graining on the screen.

Don’t know why but it won’t let me play hardcore TDM split screen with the missus. Only standard, but if we go on individually it’s fine. Really annoying as we’ve always played HC on previous games.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2023, 06:52:18 am »
Taking a rest from Camo grinding now, forged 36 weapons finally. Luckily the new Sniper, LMG and Ram 7 made me skip the launchers.

Not sure if you know but the M4 and M13B got massive damage buffs in the last patch. The M13B is so good on this this game, was using it on a session yesterday and it's just amazing, holds it own against the MW3 AR's in close and mid range.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2023, 04:12:51 pm »
In warzone 3 - is it all the MW3 guns ruling or do any MW2 guns fair well?

I'm not sure i want to invest in MW3 to level up guns.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2023, 09:39:12 pm »

MW3 weapons seem to be what all the YouTube lot are using.

Meta is MCW, Holger for AR's on Warzone.

I read a few times on Reddit that the MW2 guns will get better balancing for when season 2 is out.

Also MW3 Multiplayer is free access from 14-18.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2023, 03:43:34 pm »
MW3 weapons seem to be what all the YouTube lot are using.

Meta is MCW, Holger for AR's on Warzone.

I read a few times on Reddit that the MW2 guns will get better balancing for when season 2 is out.

Also MW3 Multiplayer is free access from 14-18.

Interesting! Thanks!
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2023, 06:47:57 pm »

Bas-B as a hybrid ar-smg build. Fastest TTK at the minute

Although Raven just nerfed it today so maybe ignore that!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 06:51:50 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2023, 10:02:04 am »

Don’t know why but it won’t let me play hardcore TDM split screen with the missus. Only standard, but if we go on individually it’s fine. Really annoying as we’ve always played HC on previous games.

Added to this playing standard and getting blasted up close by arseholes with snipers is totally ruining our experience.

they need to fix spawning on the smaller maps too. Rust and Meat in particular is awful, respawning next to one or multiple opponents to die within seconds.  Even on Shipment on previous games was never as  bad as this.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2023, 08:19:03 pm »
Added to this playing standard and getting blasted up close by arseholes with snipers is totally ruining our experience.

they need to fix spawning on the smaller maps too. Rust and Meat in particular is awful, respawning next to one or multiple opponents to die within seconds.  Even on Shipment on previous games was never as  bad as this.
XRK sniper with a red dot.

Oh my it's like running around with the Marksman rifles  SaB or Spr from MW2, it's so good on Shipment, its way better than the Longbow with a red dot as it's consistently one hit kills from close to mid range.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 08:39:25 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2023, 11:04:28 pm »
Activision boss Phill Spencer has ordered SBMM to be toned down.

Supposed to be something from Sledgehammer Games coming soon, something they alluded to a post a few weeks ago about how they will mention something regarding SBMM.

I think the poor sales spooked Activison.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2023, 11:37:59 pm »
Activision boss Phill Spencer has ordered SBMM to be toned down.

Supposed to be something from Sledgehammer Games coming soon, something they alluded to a post a few weeks ago about how they will mention something regarding SBMM.

I think the poor sales spooked Activison.

I didn't buy it and have no plans to, they seem to have been upping the bullshit with each iteration of MW. Stun grenades impair KBM player more than controller players, aim assist is basically a cheat at this point, they removed the ability for PC players to disable crossplay and their matchmaking seems designed to throw you an easy win every few rounds and annihilate you the rest of the time. Matches felt predetermined when I was playing MWII.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2023, 11:19:41 am »
It's not skill based matchmaking, it is engagement optimised matchmaking.

You are playing a massive fruit machine every game, and the result is happening regardless of how you play. They'll match you with certain players who have bought store bundles, those players will have a great game and you'll want to buy the bundle (their theory).

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2023, 03:34:16 pm »
I need help please.

I'm a long time xbox player of Call of Duty and recently downloaded Warzone on the PS5. Now, am i missing something in the controls as the gameplay feels very slow, clunky and the movement is awful.

On xbox, i would double click the left analog stick to tac sprint - PS seems i have to hold the stick to keep tac sprinting - I'm sure there's a setting I've not got right - but the game just feels awful

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2023, 04:12:33 pm »
Go into your xbox settings and just take photos of every screen, and then copy them over to your PS5 version.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2023, 11:00:52 pm »
It's not skill based matchmaking, it is engagement optimised matchmaking.

You are playing a massive fruit machine every game, and the result is happening regardless of how you play. They'll match you with certain players who have bought store bundles, those players will have a great game and you'll want to buy the bundle (their theory).
I should be good then, i get duped into buying bundles. :-\

Only thing what pisses me off about the bundles especially the guns with death effects, is if you change the ammo then you lose the death effects, its so stupid and cunning from Activision.

For MP i always prefer not using a barrel and using the ammo with High Velocity/Range so that way you don't get the ADS penalty or slower mobility than if you used a long barrel, but since i'm using the M13B again in MP i have to use the Long Barrell and it's actually better i've noticed in this game using High grain ammo instead when i tested it out, i have 3 M13B's with death effects and it's my go to AR on MW3.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 3, 2024, 10:12:32 pm »
Add me with me a message letting me know you're from Rawk if you wanna game Marty_Magin on PS

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2024, 04:31:26 pm »
Started playing ranked war zone for the first time and am enjoying it. I am a decent player (~1.4 KD), but I get in squads with player's from higher ranks who are absolutely worthless at times. Feels like you have to grind through the lower ranks before you start coming across better players.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2024, 10:58:34 pm »
I've got Modern Warfare 3 - what's Modern Warfare III and why is it £40?!

Not played MW3 for yonks though.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2024, 02:44:57 pm »
I've got Modern Warfare 3 - what's Modern Warfare III and why is it £40?!

Not played MW3 for yonks though.
Don't bother with story mode it's absolute shite.

Multiplayer is where it's at, it's super fun.

10v10 is amazing.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: March 4, 2024, 10:57:10 am »
So this was my first game in about 5 years, don't really care about the story but heard the multiplayer was decent so gave it a go.

I completed season 1 and reached level 250 then took a break for a couple of months. Played one match the other day but the matchmaking has completely killed it for me. I have no motivation to play it again.

I guess I got my moneys worth, but it's just a miserable head pounding experience if you're anything above average at online shooters.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2024, 08:45:25 pm »
Longbow with the Jak 762 kit is ridiculously OP.

It's fun though.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 4, 2024, 06:28:52 pm »
There is another Multiplayer free trial.

It ends on Monday 6pm.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2024, 09:00:05 am by RedSince86 »