Author Topic: Baldurs Gate 3  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Baldurs Gate 3
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2023, 02:38:23 pm »
The support they're doing via patches is great, really impressed with Larian

Yeah, they are really putting in the effort to deliver not only bug fixes, but also plot, questline and quality of life improvement.
Well on them. I'll definitely buy it second time around on a console, just to support them.

Much like From and select few other developers, they are worthy of the support.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2023, 03:49:20 pm »
He’s a big softie.

I guess contextual spoilers for Astarion

Spoiler
I find it incredibly sad that his name means Little Star, which is very childish, because Elves reach "adulthood" in their culture at 100 and take an adult name - Astarion never reached it to 100. In Elvish culture he was basically a baby when he died

Also with a name like Little Star, it really gives the impression of someone who was very much loved by his family
[close]

Offline Santiago

• Main Stander
  • Yeeeessss!!!
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2023, 04:14:47 pm »
Yeah, they are really putting in the effort to deliver not only bug fixes, but also plot, questline and quality of life improvement.

That new giving the bags from your party everytime you swap them out is driving me mad!!

Hotfix #8 remove this thank fuck
« Last Edit: October 3, 2023, 08:02:40 pm by Santiago »

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 5, 2023, 08:49:46 am »
So anyone else finished it?
Thoughts? Another playthrough?

Offline Santiago

• Main Stander
  • Yeeeessss!!!
« Reply #84 on: October 5, 2023, 04:19:52 pm »

Not yet, still on Act1
Spoiler
Gith Creche
[close]

Will definitely do another playthrough after, already got ideas, maybe even the Dark Urge, seems like a good opportunity to roleplay

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 5, 2023, 11:08:59 pm »

For some reason I’ve got 3 chars on the go. Primary one - elf sorcerer I have at beginning of Act 3. Human Monk as my secondary I have at Act 1 but about to go to an area with a particular tower spoiler free & 3rd char as a Dragonborn Ranger and just finished prologue. I can’t explain why I’ve done what I’ve done but it’s good fun none the less

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2023, 07:28:15 pm »
Getting into this now and really starting to enjoy it, about 12 hours in. I wish I could have 5 party members though because apparently Karlach is crazy good so I want a Barbarian! But I can't decide what to drop from mine - I'm a Paladin which seems just a solid all-rounder, with Astarion, Shadowheart, Gale. Astarion is both very handy and funny/interesting, Shadowheart is OK so far but I'll need a dedicated healer. Gale probably the most likely I'd drop because he's a bit of a wet wipe so far but Wizard seems like it's gonna be so useful later on when he unlocks more spells. What have you guys been running with?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2023, 07:30:25 pm »
You can respec Shadow to be a full on healer. She’s the best one you can get.

I played as a Barbarian. 90% of the game with Shadow, Astarion and Laezel. Few fights with Gale. Others I never even tried.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2023, 08:27:55 pm »
You can respec Shadow to be a full on healer. She’s the best one you can get.

I played as a Barbarian. 90% of the game with Shadow, Astarion and Laezel. Few fights with Gale. Others I never even tried.

Always go Full Barbarian...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2023, 08:39:42 pm »
It’s the only way to go. 😁
I got so many laughs out of dialogue options with label ‘REASON: BARBARIAN’.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2023, 08:44:29 pm »
I tried to enjoy it but can't, wish I could get my money back. It's a great game and everything just really not my style of game.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2023, 09:12:26 am »
I'm super close to the end now. After 110 hours I can safely say it's one of my favourite games ever. Can't wait for my next play through and I'm already thinking about my multiclass builds and who I'll pick up along the way and what different decisions I'll make.

I've played mostly with Lae'zel, Karlach and Shadowheart and my own character who was a druid half elf but I didn't mess with the multiclass system for my first playthrough. I'm actually thinking about rogue/monk next which seems like a really interesting mix, plus Asterion and I'll get the hop on quite a few enemies.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 09:15:48 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2023, 03:15:39 pm »
Started a co-op campaign with 2 mates last night, having an absolute blast. Basically trying to be the biggest c*nts possible, stealing everything, fighting and killing anyone the game will allow us to.
Spoiler
So far we've murdered Nettie the healer, the little girl in the druid grove + her parents, the gnome on the windmill, Shadowheart, Gale, the Owlbear and its cub, the cultist siblings, been put in prison twice etc. So much fun :D
[close]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 03:17:16 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2023, 03:39:02 pm »
😂
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2023, 05:32:42 pm »
I tried to enjoy it but can't, wish I could get my money back. It's a great game and everything just really not my style of game.

Fair but I for one would be interested in the reasons

Not to tell you you're wrong though. I've bounced off many a classic.... this one is great, shame you couldn't enjoy it, it'd be interesting to see criticism of a game that just seems such a modern classic

Haven't touched it in a while myself. I've been busy. I dunno. I know it's there. Waiting to be finished. I think I had my fill.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2023, 06:18:55 pm »
Fair but I for one would be interested in the reasons

Not to tell you you're wrong though. I've bounced off many a classic.... this one is great, shame you couldn't enjoy it, it'd be interesting to see criticism of a game that just seems such a modern classic

Haven't touched it in a while myself. I've been busy. I dunno. I know it's there. Waiting to be finished. I think I had my fill.

Honestly I just don't enjoy the turn based nature of it. I thought I would, but it's just not for me.

Also the spells and everything are a bit confusing, they don't really do a good job of explaining all the spells and powers.

I dunno it just left a lot of out for me.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2023, 07:18:02 pm »
Finally finished this, genuinely one of the GOATs in my opinion.

One of my personal highlights was
Spoiler
Raphael’s Disney villain banger
[close]
;D

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2023, 07:18:58 pm »
Started a co-op campaign with 2 mates last night, having an absolute blast. Basically trying to be the biggest c*nts possible, stealing everything, fighting and killing anyone the game will allow us to.
Spoiler
So far we've murdered Nettie the healer, the little girl in the druid grove + her parents, the gnome on the windmill, Shadowheart, Gale, the Owlbear and its cub, the cultist siblings, been put in prison twice etc. So much fun :D
[close]

Everything on this list I can accept except the owlbears. You fucking monsters.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2023, 07:32:46 pm »
Finally finished this, genuinely one of the GOATs in my opinion.

One of my personal highlights was
Spoiler
Raphael’s Disney villain banger
[close]
;D

Oh yes. 😁
I laughed too hard at that.

Was a fun fight as well.

Offline Santiago

• Main Stander
  • Yeeeessss!!!
« Reply #99 on: December 1, 2023, 02:00:56 pm »
Patch 5 is out
don't have to swap out characters at camp to sort their inventory anymore :thumbup :thumbup

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 8, 2023, 06:24:32 am »
Released on Xbox Series X/S. 👋

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 8, 2023, 07:22:23 am »
Won GoTY at TGA's.

No surprise it's incredible.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 8, 2023, 09:17:29 am »
Released on Xbox Series X/S. 👋

Out now?

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 8, 2023, 09:24:35 am »
Yeah. Last nights event was announced as the date when they'll confirm when is the game coming out on Xbox. Instead they just said 'It's out now'. Which is a nice little stunt. I checked, and yes - it's out for latest Xbox gen.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 8, 2023, 09:27:58 am »
Excellent-Christmas present to myself 😉

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2023, 06:05:14 pm »
Done two runs on PS5 and just bought it for my laptop, first game I've ever bought twice but it's fine, they deserve it ;D

I just want to play it more portably / not hog the telly too much, I'd like to mod for the larger parties, pretty hair and pretty clothes but it's not really feasible on Mac at the moment which is a shame, but it's one of the downsides of leaving Windows I guess.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2023, 06:06:17 pm »
I played it via GeForce now on Macbook and it was great.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2023, 07:52:10 pm »
Done two runs on PS5 and just bought it for my laptop, first game I've ever bought twice but it's fine, they deserve it ;D

I just want to play it more portably / not hog the telly too much, I'd like to mod for the larger parties, pretty hair and pretty clothes but it's not really feasible on Mac at the moment which is a shame, but it's one of the downsides of leaving Windows I guess.

Finances aside but have you looked into PS portable or steam deck?

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2023, 08:31:12 pm »
So, what's the deal with this if I wanted to play solo ?  It's really not the sort of game my friends and family would want to play.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2023, 09:15:10 pm »
So, what's the deal with this if I wanted to play solo ?  It's really not the sort of game my friends and family would want to play.
Go for it. You pick companions up as you go along and you will make them part of your party/team. I'm currently playing it with a mate but plenty play it solo and I'll be doing a 2nd run-through solo (my mate got us in some terrible predicaments 😂)

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2023, 09:32:06 pm »

it's a single player game first and foremost

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2024, 10:50:51 am »
Finished my Oath of Vengeance resist!Durge run the other day, great fun.

Spoiler
The cut scene before you fight Orin as Durge is so fucking good and it was nice to hear my VA speak more than a line! Romance with Astarion was extra cute too  :-*
[close]

I have 250 hours on PS5 and rapidly approaching 200 hours on Steam. Madness.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2024, 06:49:45 pm »
Getting into this now and really starting to enjoy it, about 12 hours in. I wish I could have 5 party members though because apparently Karlach is crazy good so I want a Barbarian! But I can't decide what to drop from mine - I'm a Paladin which seems just a solid all-rounder, with Astarion, Shadowheart, Gale. Astarion is both very handy and funny/interesting, Shadowheart is OK so far but I'll need a dedicated healer. Gale probably the most likely I'd drop because he's a bit of a wet wipe so far but Wizard seems like it's gonna be so useful later on when he unlocks more spells. What have you guys been running with?

Late to the party but just starting Act 2, I'm a Sorcadin at level 7, with Gale (Storm Wizard), Shadowheart (Light Cleric) and Lae'zel (Battlemaster). Was very happy when I read you can respec your companions although that did add hours of more research time :)

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2024, 11:28:27 am »
I absolutely hate missing things so finding it hard to move on -

Spoiler
Have done most of the underdark, including finding the fish people. About to take on the Arcane Tower bit, then randomly found the hag quest while messing about. Want to make sure I have done everything but know the whole point is that the story kind of adapts
[close]

Bastards eating my evenings alive :D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2024, 11:32:46 am »

Spoiler
Have done most of the underdark, including finding the fish people. About to take on the Arcane Tower bit, then randomly found the hag quest while messing about. Want to make sure I have done everything but know the whole point is that the story kind of adapts
[close]

There really should be a quest marker which says "this quest won't be available when you move to act 2/3" I had 3 I lost due to this, yes you get a generic message but some quests still exist.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2024, 01:06:19 pm »
Does anyone else regret talking enemies out of fights?  ;D

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2024, 01:21:26 pm »
Picked this up for Christmas, just finished Act 1.

I'm playing a Ranger, and a personal highlight was remembering I had "Speak with Animals", and my first chat being with a squirrel, who promptly bit me on the foot and told me to get lost :lmao

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I think I did just about everything in the Underdark, but there were several bits I missed out above ground.

I did mess up the quest to rescue the guy stuck in the mushrooms.

I didn't realise there was a difference between throwing something to someone or at them, and promptly killed the bloke with his own pack. Whoops!
[close]

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2024, 07:36:01 pm »
There's probably stuff I've still missed with this game on my second playthrough. While my first playthrough was definitely experimenting with the mechanics and just trying to do the "right thing" my second has seen me go full rampage. Created a badass female drow wizard who slaughtered everything in her way. With the goal to get minthara and I absolutely got minthara (if you get my drift) female leads are so good in this game. Plus I love going against the grain and seeing how it turns out. Even now I think I've still hardly used wyll, basically no gale on two playthroughs so there's still loads of room for a third playthrough with a different lead playstyle (I'm thinking monk/fighter). The depth to this game is something I haven't experienced very often

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2024, 09:46:32 am »
There's probably stuff I've still missed with this game on my second playthrough. While my first playthrough was definitely experimenting with the mechanics and just trying to do the "right thing" my second has seen me go full rampage. Created a badass female drow wizard who slaughtered everything in her way. With the goal to get minthara and I absolutely got minthara (if you get my drift) female leads are so good in this game. Plus I love going against the grain and seeing how it turns out. Even now I think I've still hardly used wyll, basically no gale on two playthroughs so there's still loads of room for a third playthrough with a different lead playstyle (I'm thinking monk/fighter). The depth to this game is something I haven't experienced very often

Do you not get bored of the same content? I've tried to do every mission/side mission, I get you can go "evil" etc. But the content is pretty much the same stuff.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2024, 12:35:00 pm »
Do you not get bored of the same content? I've tried to do every mission/side mission, I get you can go "evil" etc. But the content is pretty much the same stuff.

I put off a second playthrough but I really thought this for ages as I put so much time in first time through, and I've been proven wrong

There's just layers and layers and layers to it.

I'm deliberately doing some things differently to my first run, but I'm amazed there's so much. There's just... so many voice lines, so many possibilities

I'd love in the future a game with this depth having randomised campaigns / dungeons etc. to some extent (I love the storytelling) but it's got so many possibilities it's very, very replayable.

It's so replayable you can't even really compare to any other story-based game. I'd say, in fact, it is designed to be replayed