Author Topic: Ps4 - General Help Please  (Read 589 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Ps4 - General Help Please
« on: February 28, 2021, 08:42:31 pm »
Firstly, some background. I'm almost 50, haven't been into gaming for mist of my adult life, beyond playing the family Wii with the kids and some simple apps on my phone.

The kids haven't been big gamers, although the youngest has had spells of going at Minecraft and Roblox. We've just got her a PS4 for her birthday (she asked for one) and I assumed she'd know all about it.

Not really.

The issue we have is that she wants to play 2-player games with our other daughter (against or collaborate). I got an extra controller thinking this sort of gaming would be the norm; I'm obviously stuck in the past. Never thought to check the game that came with it would be compatible. It's not.

My question is, what games are there where 2 players can play at the same time through the same console? And are any of these on the 'free' list?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ps4 - General Help Please
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 09:21:23 pm »
Crash Team Racing is good for kids, racing games tend to have that split screen for 2 players.

I think Rocket League is free and also has multiplayer mode. Not much of a gamer myself so those are the only two I could think of straight off the bat.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 09:33:59 pm »
Bomberman, Overcooked and TrackMania Turbo are all fun local co-op games that should be fairly cheap if not free.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 09:46:29 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Youngest is 13 (oldest 17) and happy for them to play any age games, so not limited to kids games.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 09:47:25 pm »
How about the Lego games?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 10:20:51 pm »
Firstly, some background. I'm almost 50, haven't been into gaming for mist of my adult life, beyond playing the family Wii with the kids and some simple apps on my phone.

The kids haven't been big gamers, although the youngest has had spells of going at Minecraft and Roblox. We've just got her a PS4 for her birthday (she asked for one) and I assumed she'd know all about it.

Not really.

The issue we have is that she wants to play 2-player games with our other daughter (against or collaborate). I got an extra controller thinking this sort of gaming would be the norm; I'm obviously stuck in the past. Never thought to check the game that came with it would be compatible. It's not.

My question is, what games are there where 2 players can play at the same time through the same console? And are any of these on the 'free' list?

There's a site dedicated to these games.

https://www.co-optimus.com/system/22/playstation-4.html

Select 'Couch Co-Op' and then organise by review score:

:D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2021, 12:40:27 pm »
Thanks for your feedback, chaps.

After posting that last night, and after some Googling and the girls talking to friends, 'we' managed to get the free Fortnight up and running with a split screen.

It's not as bad as I feared, but still frustrating that for the vast majority of multi-player games, it's a case of one player per console.

When I say 'frustrating', I mean 'shit, I wish I'd have done proper research first'

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: March 1, 2021, 02:55:49 pm »
Thanks for your feedback, chaps.

After posting that last night, and after some Googling and the girls talking to friends, 'we' managed to get the free Fortnight up and running with a split screen.

It's not as bad as I feared, but still frustrating that for the vast majority of multi-player games, it's a case of one player per console.

When I say 'frustrating', I mean 'shit, I wish I'd have done proper research first'

You can pick Borderlands 3 up for £10 & The Handsome Jack Collection (1+2 & all DLC) for the same,really fun games.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2021, 03:02:24 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 12:37:18 am »
Right, i've got the PS remote play, installed on my laptop, so i can use my PS4 through my laptop, however the issue is my dualshock 4 controller signal is blocking access, that i end up not being able to connect the PS4 to my laptop?
#Sausages