Author Topic: Premier League suspended until safe to resume  (Read 160827 times)

Online Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League suspended until 3rd April
« Reply #1080 on: March 19, 2020, 07:20:20 am »
But South Korea is a liberal democracy and their isolation policies have been very effective.  There is every cause for optimism and a combination of isolation measures and warmer weather could dramatically reduce this virus. We’re still looking at restrictions to prevent a resurgence but we will have data from other countries that are ahead of us in the cycle before we relax restrictions.

I do think the season will resume albeit behind closed doors. I think we’d all take that.

games behind closed

What is this based on?
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Online Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: March 19, 2020, 07:22:03 am »
Also, China only took action, any action at all, at the point it was far too late. They denied the existence of COVID-19 for ages. And then overnight into total lockdown. By that point the thing was everywhere. Hopefully we've kept a lid on it better than denying its existence managed. Because we definitely can't force it back in its box with Chinese measures.

If China couldn't handle this virus, you better believe the west is ill-equipped to handle it too. The number of resources China can muster is unprecedented in the west.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #1082 on: March 19, 2020, 07:51:39 am »
The EFL statement said they wanted it to finish by the 30th June, subject to safety.

There was no talk of wanting it to finish at all costs. No talk of considering extensions beyond that.

I’m looking for reassurance from the PL that today that they want this season finished regardless, which the correct and proper thing to do.

The 30th June needs to be forgotten. It’s a pipe dream and there’s not a chance games will be done by then.

I think 30 June is when most yearly contracts run out. So it allows players to leave that are leaving and pre-contracted players to join.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1083 on: March 19, 2020, 08:38:18 am »
Premier League football clubs have been urged to follow the leads of Liverpool and Brighton to “avoid a disaster waiting to happen” by fighting the threat of the coronavirus crisis to food banks and ensuring casual staff are paid during football’s suspension.

The move, by the organisation Fans Supporting Foodbanks, comes the Premier League and its clubs prepare for Thursday’s emergency meeting called to discuss the postponement of matches, which is all but certain to stretch beyond the initial 3 April date because the disease continues to spread.

This means collections by FSF before home games are no longer possible, raising concern that food banks will struggle to feed the sizeable constituency dependent on them. There is also doubt regarding the livelihoods of thousands of casual workers in the game.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/19/premier-league-clubs-urged-to-help-food-banks-during-coronavirus-crisis
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: March 19, 2020, 10:37:04 am »
The EFL statement said they wanted it to finish by the 30th June, subject to safety.

There was no talk of wanting it to finish at all costs. No talk of considering extensions beyond that.

I’m looking for reassurance from the PL that today that they want this season finished regardless, which the correct and proper thing to do.

The 30th June needs to be forgotten. It’s a pipe dream and there’s not a chance games will be done by then.

Contacts auctally finish on July 31st.

All players at end of notice get 4,weeks pay for leave.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: March 19, 2020, 11:06:14 am »
Just thinking if it’s null and void do the clubs have to pay back the tv money, that twat brady should be pressed on that for wanting it nulled and she will do a 180

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1086 on: March 19, 2020, 11:23:43 am »
Just thinking if it’s null and void do the clubs have to pay back the tv money, that twat brady should be pressed on that for wanting it nulled and she will do a 180

I hate the bitch I knew she would be the first to come out wanting it to be null and void to save west ham going down.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1087 on: March 19, 2020, 12:00:38 pm »
If the quarantine is successful then I don't see why the league couldn't re-start on Apr 3 or a week after. 3 weeks is a long time to quarantine.

Those who will fall sick will fall sick by that time and we know who they are. Caveat is that people must be discipline in the way they isolate themselves and family members of those infected should also take a conservative approach as well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:07:31 pm by RedForeverTT »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1088 on: March 19, 2020, 12:04:49 pm »
If we quarantine is successful then I don't see why the league couldn't re-start on Apr 3 or a week after. 3 weeks is a long time to quarantine.

Those who will fall sick will fall sick by that time and we know who they are. Caveat is that people must be discipline in the way they isolate themselves and family members of those infected should also take a conservative approach as well.

You honestly think they can restart on April 3?
I just find that a bit mind boggling to be honest, with everything that's gone on in the last week.   

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1089 on: March 19, 2020, 12:06:13 pm »
If we quarantine is successful then I don't see why the league couldn't re-start on Apr 3 or a week after. 3 weeks is a long time to quarantine.

Those who will fall sick will fall sick by that time and we know who they are.

???
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: March 19, 2020, 12:15:19 pm »
If the quarantine is successful then I don't see why the league couldn't re-start on Apr 3 or a week after. 3 weeks is a long time to quarantine.

Wow..

There's fuck all chance I would say.
Remote chance a ball gets kicked before August

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: March 19, 2020, 12:17:48 pm »
The league isn't being restarted on April 3rd. Make peace with that.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: March 19, 2020, 12:31:02 pm »
At some point we will undergo a proper 2 week lockdown, then there will be another week after that to see what the situation is, then probably another week of basically "pre-season" training. So I would say the League starts a month after the lockdown really begins.

Start of May is possible (if the lockdown is somewhat successful), but really the League could start at the beginning of June and still be finished before the end of the month.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #1093 on: March 19, 2020, 12:33:15 pm »
Sitting in a school full of tearful, fearful teenagers, it is hard to remember a time when football mattered less.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1094 on: March 19, 2020, 01:06:48 pm »
At some point we will undergo a proper 2 week lockdown, then there will be another week after that to see what the situation is, then probably another week of basically "pre-season" training. So I would say the League starts a month after the lockdown really begins.

Start of May is possible (if the lockdown is somewhat successful), but really the League could start at the beginning of June and still be finished before the end of the month.
Hubei province is starting to recover, but the schools are still off, after three months. I cannot see normality beginning to return until then which is mid June.

The players will need at least three weeks back to regain match fitness. That takes you to July.

Sensibly, I cannot see normality returning for at least four months, mid July, the old season being completed after "pre season, till the end of September, and the new season starting till October with the domestic cups cancelled, and the EL and CL reduced to knock out competitions.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: March 19, 2020, 01:07:57 pm »
Sitting in a school full of tearful, fearful teenagers, it is hard to remember a time when football mattered less.

On the other hand, if we could somehow get some football on even if it had to be concluded in Tahiti imagine how much that would lift everybody. It’s difficult at the minute because people have nothing to look forward to, quarantine feels like it’ll be prison time and so people who should actually be at home aren’t.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: March 19, 2020, 01:08:10 pm »
Can almost taste the Liverpool haters tears

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1098 on: March 19, 2020, 01:09:49 pm »
Thank fuck!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: March 19, 2020, 01:11:42 pm »
What does that tweet say?

BBC

Coronavirus: Elite football in England suspended until at least 30 April

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1101 on: March 19, 2020, 01:11:47 pm »
Where is Fromola?  ;D
And what problem is he gonna find now?

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1102 on: March 19, 2020, 01:12:06 pm »
Correct decision. Everyone can stop pissing their pants in here now eh?
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: March 19, 2020, 01:12:46 pm »
Correct decision. Everyone can stop pissing their pants in here now eh?

Hahah think again  :D

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1104 on: March 19, 2020, 01:13:38 pm »
https://twitter.com/samwallacetel/status/1240625450461868032?s=21

Whoop!
An indefinite suspension means that the pressure relating to a new season may, in time, become greater than our attention on the old.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: March 19, 2020, 01:15:03 pm »
The league isn't being restarted on April 3rd. Make peace with that.

:)

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1106 on: March 19, 2020, 01:15:20 pm »
An indefinite suspension means that the pressure relating to a new season may, in time, become greater than our attention on the old.
Jesus. Can't accept any scrap of good news given the current circumstances?
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1107 on: March 19, 2020, 01:15:42 pm »
I'll take that news at the minute. They were never getting it started by the 4th so obviously the best thing to do. Good to hear they do want an end to the season.

Still concerned about this peak virus stuff in Britain, though. Isn't it meant for April? Don't know where we'll be come May, but even if they have to wait until June to start it that's encouraging news to hear.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: March 19, 2020, 01:16:31 pm »

Sure because not being able to finish the current season because of the virus, automatically means you can focus on the new season even though the virus is still around. How in the hell did that make sense in your head that there will be pressure to start the new season when the issue still remains?  :D

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1109 on: March 19, 2020, 01:16:37 pm »
And what problem is he gonna find now?

As I've said before the intention is very much to complete the season and they'll do what they can to complete it. It's whether that remains the case in 3 months time if football hasn't resumed.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1110 on: March 19, 2020, 01:17:27 pm »
Can we all calm down now? Myself included ;D

Edit: Or not

As I've said before the intention is very much to complete the season and they'll do what they can to complete it. It's whether that remains the case in 3 months time if football hasn't resumed.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: March 19, 2020, 01:17:49 pm »

Fuck it, we're all going to die at some point anyway. I reckon we should just scrap all the seasons going forward.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline McLovin

• Boys Pen

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: March 19, 2020, 01:22:57 pm »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: March 19, 2020, 01:24:17 pm »
Nice ray of sunshine in these bleak times, fuck yeah!!!

The Mancs, Brady, Keys and the Bitters right now though.  ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #1115 on: March 19, 2020, 01:25:48 pm »
Imagine we all die as Premier League, European Champions and World Champions....not a bad way to go :).....see ya later fuckers !!!
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #1116 on: March 19, 2020, 01:27:04 pm »
thank fuck for that  :hally :hally

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1117 on: March 19, 2020, 01:28:41 pm »
If it was to resume in say May, do you reckon we'd first play the scheduled fixtures for that month, and then the ones left over, or just carry on from Everton, Palace etc?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #1118 on: March 19, 2020, 01:30:55 pm »
'The message is clear' - Fantastic. They would not have used the word 'indefinitely' lightly - The reds are winning the league whenever it is appropriate to do so.
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1119 on: March 19, 2020, 01:31:22 pm »
English football will be suspended until at least 30 April because of the continued spread of coronavirus.

All games in England's Premier League, EFL, Women's Super League and Women's Championship, and all fixtures in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, are currently postponed.

The Football Association has also agreed that the current season can be "extended indefinitely" beyond the original end date of 1 June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51962751
#Sausages