Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147647 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #1800 on: September 30, 2020, 10:45:24 am »
My sisters dog has taken to gobbling up the really big ones, keeping them in his mouth and then presenting them to her live and soggy as a present when she’s sitting down watching TV
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1801 on: September 30, 2020, 10:48:16 am »
Luckily it seems the cats are having a field day with the spiders.  Only seen one live big fucker but I've seen several dead ones about the house.

Dead ones...or is it just the skins they’ve shed?

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1802 on: September 30, 2020, 11:49:26 am »
They're coming in.

I've spotted one in the bedroom, one on the landing and one in the kitchen tonight.
They don't come in.  They already live in your house.  They're actually coming out!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1803 on: September 30, 2020, 12:31:02 pm »
They don't come in.  They already live in your house.  They're actually coming out!

You've just made so many people on heres day ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1804 on: September 30, 2020, 05:00:56 pm »
Thanks for putting my mind at rest.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: September 30, 2020, 05:14:13 pm »
Thanks for putting my mind at rest.  :o

At least they can help sort out any mice you might have in the kitchen

Jurgen YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1806 on: September 30, 2020, 05:14:38 pm »
LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU'RE NERVOUS ABOUT SPIDERS

My mate sent me this (it is NOT Photoshopped - it's a Camel spider)

look at those double jaws/fangs

this actually helped me with my aversion to our (UK) spiders as seeing this made ours look like friggin wimps

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1807 on: September 30, 2020, 06:08:33 pm »

this actually helped me with my aversion to our (UK) spiders as seeing this made ours look like friggin wimps
Interestingly, neither a spider nor a scorpion - and non-venomous.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1808 on: September 30, 2020, 06:14:11 pm »
Interestingly, neither a spider nor a scorpion - and non-venomous.

Yeah we call them red romans, they're fucking terrifying up close. I've had one "chase" me.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1809 on: September 30, 2020, 06:15:59 pm »
They can only give you a little nip, and would be more scared of you than you should be of them.

Another interesting fact about them, they have 8 legs, but also an additional pair of appendages that look like legs.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1810 on: September 30, 2020, 06:17:40 pm »
They can only give you a little nip, and would be more scared of you than you should be of them.

Another interesting fact about them, they have 8 legs, but also an additional pair of appendages that look like legs.

Well that's nice :-\

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1811 on: September 30, 2020, 06:18:00 pm »
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1812 on: September 30, 2020, 06:32:37 pm »
Yeah we call them red romans, they're fucking terrifying up close. I've had one "chase" me.

We’ve spoken about this before I’m sure! Came across one of those coming out of the Bush on my honeymoon. Absolutely no innuendo there whatsoever. Scary fucker came charging towards the light of the torch I think.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1813 on: September 30, 2020, 08:15:48 pm »
This could also go in the Stupid People thread - tormenting a Brazilian Wandering Spider  :wanker

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cbXKl99t_pc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cbXKl99t_pc</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1814 on: September 30, 2020, 08:47:52 pm »
This could also go in the Stupid People thread - tormenting a Brazilian Wandering Spider  :wanker

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cbXKl99t_pc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cbXKl99t_pc</a>

Big, long legged aggressive Brazilian. Sounds like Fabinho.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1815 on: September 30, 2020, 08:49:04 pm »
Big, long legged aggressive Brazilian. Sounds like Fabinho.

Bite is probably as deadly too
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1816 on: September 30, 2020, 08:51:37 pm »
Actually watched that all the way through. Nice karate kid moves. You can actually see its fangs and now I feel a bit queasy and remembered why I don’t think I want to go to South America.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1817 on: September 30, 2020, 09:27:03 pm »

Seem to remember reading up on these not-so-little buggers.  Apparently scared the piss out of our squaddies in the Middle East.  They were after the shade where soldiers were standing, so when the soliders moved, the camels would move with them to stay in their shadow.  They'd end up stalking people and following them around. ;D

They're not actually spiders, and they can grow up to six inches (depending on species, up to three inches in the body, and the leg length will vary)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1818 on: September 30, 2020, 09:29:08 pm »
Seem to remember reading up on these not-so-little buggers.  Apparently scared the piss out of our squaddies in the Middle East.  They were after the shade where soldiers were standing, so when the soliders moved, the camels would move with them to stay in their shadow.  They'd end up stalking people and following them around. ;D

They're not actually spiders, and they can grow up to six inches (depending on species, up to three inches in the body, and the leg length will vary)

Yup hence the "chase" ;)

We’ve spoken about this before I’m sure! Came across one of those coming out of the Bush on my honeymoon. Absolutely no innuendo there whatsoever. Scary fucker came charging towards the light of the torch I think.

Yeah we've discussed this, I was on a paddle trip down the orange river, fucker decided it didn't like the firelight and scurried towards me of all people, it could smell my fear and followed me.

Ended up sitting on a cooler box while it went away.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1819 on: September 30, 2020, 09:35:34 pm »
Enjoy.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1pfdRBahCG8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1pfdRBahCG8</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1820 on: September 30, 2020, 10:53:42 pm »
Enjoy.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1pfdRBahCG8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1pfdRBahCG8</a>

These are everywhere here in Tucson, big docile fuckers but when they buzz past it sounds like a jet fighter next to your ear.  :D
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: September 30, 2020, 11:05:11 pm »

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1822 on: October 3, 2020, 11:23:49 pm »
It’s that time of year again when they appear everywhere!!  :(

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1823 on: October 4, 2020, 09:50:36 am »
It’s that time of year again when they appear everywhere!!  :(

I've seen three smallish ones in the house and one of those had been squished.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: October 7, 2020, 05:06:50 pm »
Posted as a meme somewhere

The bigass spider in my room is now
named Cotton Eyed Joe because i
want to know two things:
where did he come from
where did he go

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1825 on: October 7, 2020, 05:34:21 pm »
We had a big spider stuck in the bathroom sink last night. Every time it tried to climb out, it slipped back down again.

I made a toilet roll ladder for it to climb on, then let it go on its merry way out of the window.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1826 on: October 7, 2020, 05:52:58 pm »
We had a big spider stuck in the bathroom sink last night. Every time it tried to climb out, it slipped back down again.

I made a toilet roll ladder for it to climb on, then let it go on its merry way out of the window.

Where it tumbled to his death?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1827 on: October 7, 2020, 05:59:26 pm »

Into the roaring fire?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: October 7, 2020, 06:35:19 pm »
:D

Onto the windowsill.  8)

Those buggers could fall of the Empire State Building and unfurl themselves from a ball and scuttle off.  :o

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1829 on: December 11, 2020, 06:07:59 pm »
Woman Has Shared Her Home With A Giant Spider For The Past Year

Her name is Charlotte, and she's basically part of the family ❤️

These days, Annette Gray has been sharing her home in Australia with a rather imposing uninvited houseguest.

Her name is Charlotte. She’s a giant spider who wandered in one day and decided to stay.

According to Gray’s son, Jake, Charlotte is a huntsman spider — a species that can grow quite large but are actually pretty friendly. When left alone, huntsman spiders pose no threat to people. And that's the approach Jake’s mom’s taken toward Charlotte, letting her be.

“We've watched [Charlotte] grow over the last year or so,” Jake told The Dodo. “[She] never bothered us. She moves about the house, pops up room to room, eats all the bugs.”

Evidently, Charlotte has been pretty busy with that activity.

“[She] is about 15 centimeters wide,” Jake said. (That’s almost 6 inches.)

“I think [Charlotte] is getting bigger,” Annette added later in a comment online.

The spider has caused quite a stir among the Grays’ family and friends, some of whom have jokingly suggested the house be burned down to rid it of Charlotte. But fortunately, Annette knows what it means to be a good host, even to spiders who moved in.

“I don’t kill them,” she wrote. "[Charlotte’s] harmless.”

https://www.thedodo.com/daily-dodo/woman-shares-her-home-with-a-giant-spider
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1830 on: December 11, 2020, 06:16:33 pm »
She deserves to have John Goodman burn down her house
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1831 on: December 11, 2020, 06:21:40 pm »
I spent 10 months living in that fucking country and have no idea how! Thank god the internet wasn’t such a thing before I travelled there. If I’d seen pictures like that I’d have stayed at home. :D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1832 on: December 11, 2020, 10:50:31 pm »
If she lets that stay in her house, she must be a witch

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1833 on: December 11, 2020, 10:54:16 pm »
If she lets that stay in her house, she must be a witch

The only thing worse than seeing that on your wall...is not seeing that on your wall.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1834 on: December 11, 2020, 11:02:12 pm »
Woman Has Shared Her Home With A Giant Spider For The Past Year

Imagine that chasing you around the house trying to hit you with the Echo.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1835 on: December 12, 2020, 08:18:51 am »
Not even Bonjella would work on that thing! :o
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1836 on: December 12, 2020, 07:36:49 pm »
Wouldn't you just constantly be looking out for it?  I'd be worried I'd sit on it or something.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1837 on: December 12, 2020, 07:40:01 pm »
Wouldn't you just constantly be looking out for it?  I'd be worried I'd sit on it or something.
I'd be more worried of it sitting on me. 

If it had a tail it would look like Alien. Imagine waking up with that on your face.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1838 on: December 12, 2020, 08:06:46 pm »
I'd be more worried of it sitting on me. 

If it had a tail it would look like Alien. Imagine waking up with that on your face.

Its still growing too, its only 6 inches across, another couple of inches at least to grow yet
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1839 on: December 12, 2020, 08:14:31 pm »
Nah fuck that.