Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 796053 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #3960 on: November 15, 2020, 10:56:25 pm »
If he plays for Scotland then we shouldn’t really start him against Leicester.

The fact the game is Sunday night now might help. Quick turnaround to Atalanta though so we'll see changes between those two games.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3961 on: November 15, 2020, 11:01:44 pm »
The fact the game is Sunday night now might help. Quick turnaround to Atalanta though so we'll see changes between those two games.

But that’s not how injuries work? He could get injured playing against Atalanta but he has already accumulated a load of minutes and that problem could flare up against Leicester, particularly if he has only played Wednesday.

We spent good money on Tsimikas so we should use him.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3962 on: November 16, 2020, 01:25:39 am »
If he plays for Scotland then we shouldn’t really start him against Leicester.
I agree. Trent and Robbo were already at breaking point before the Internationals. We shouldn't take any risks with Robbo's hamstrings for a short term gain. Let him rest. Time to use the squad players and rest the first team for the gruelling December fixture list.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3963 on: November 16, 2020, 07:05:57 am »
But that’s not how injuries work? He could get injured playing against Atalanta but he has already accumulated a load of minutes and that problem could flare up against Leicester, particularly if he has only played Wednesday.

We spent good money on Tsimikas so we should use him.

Same could be said of quite a few players. It's stupid enough that the games come thick and fast, that there probably aren't enough substitutions allowed and if you then add pointless international games during a pandemic, then it's just a recipe for disaster. JK will need to be very wise with his rotation this season.

Online RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3964 on: November 16, 2020, 07:22:37 am »
If he needs to rest then rest the lad. We have Tsimikas for this very reason surely? Play him against Leicester and then deffo use him v Atlanta and then see how things are.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3965 on: November 16, 2020, 09:26:24 am »
Same could be said of quite a few players. It's stupid enough that the games come thick and fast, that there probably aren't enough substitutions allowed and if you then add pointless international games during a pandemic, then it's just a recipe for disaster. JK will need to be very wise with his rotation this season.

Yes it could but the situation is stark at the back. Mane will have a week off from playing, Jota isnt piling on significant minutes, Firmino has been out the team a bit recently and Thiago, Keita and Fabinho will be back as well and none of them are currently clocking up loads of minutes either. Salah as well now gets a nice 2 week breather.

However there are a handful of players we do need to worry about and that includes Wijnaldum, Robertson and due to his previous injuries, Henderson. We have enough in the squad to cover them three. By the end of this week Robertson and Wijnaldum will have clocked an insane amount of minutes.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3966 on: November 18, 2020, 06:46:55 pm »
Starts for Scotland

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3967 on: November 18, 2020, 06:48:29 pm »
WTF
mines a pint

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3968 on: November 18, 2020, 06:49:51 pm »

Utter, utter fuckwits
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3969 on: November 18, 2020, 06:50:32 pm »
If he comes back injured I will be fuming.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #3970 on: November 18, 2020, 06:51:34 pm »
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: November 18, 2020, 06:52:45 pm »
Just have to hope that he starts because he's fully fit

Going to be a long couple of hours

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3972 on: November 18, 2020, 06:54:11 pm »
Well at least it means that there isn’t any issue with his hamstring  :-\
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3973 on: November 18, 2020, 07:10:15 pm »
He shouldnt really play for us on Sunday if thats the case.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3974 on: November 18, 2020, 07:13:02 pm »
Starts for Scotland

This is the worst news possible, other than that he comes back injured.  >:(

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: November 18, 2020, 07:14:54 pm »
Let’s see how tonight goes, we may have no choice and he joins the rest of the defence in the treatment room. Fifa, Uefa, National team managers and the International fixtures can all fuck off.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #3976 on: November 18, 2020, 07:15:07 pm »
This is the worst news possible, other than that he comes back injured.  >:(

Give it a couple of hours.
Internet terrorist

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3977 on: November 18, 2020, 07:17:04 pm »
Succeeded in the biggest match over the last 22 years in their history and they now still start him in a dead rubber against Israel? Utter cretins. Steve Clark is a fucking idiot.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3978 on: November 18, 2020, 07:17:29 pm »
Just Fucking What.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3979 on: November 18, 2020, 07:18:10 pm »
Bloddy hell Clarke! This beggars belief. Couldnt Robertson have told him to piss off?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3980 on: November 18, 2020, 07:18:27 pm »

I would agree, he should be dropped from the team on Sunday.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3981 on: November 18, 2020, 07:19:11 pm »
Succeeded in the biggest match over the last 22 years in their history and they now still start him in a dead rubber against Israel? Utter cretins. Steve Clark is a fucking idiot.
It's not a dead rubber though, is it? Might not be important to Liverpool fans (non-Scottish ones), but it's important for Scotland.

Of course, wish he wasn't playing. But glad he's not injured and out of tonight's match because of that.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: November 18, 2020, 07:21:59 pm »
I would agree, he should be dropped from the team on Sunday.

Its not about punishing him but protecting him. He has clocked up an incredible number of minutes and was carrying an issue. He probably needs a good break and Leicester and Atalanta are two games we can afford to.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3983 on: November 18, 2020, 07:23:53 pm »
It's not a dead rubber though, is it? Might not be important to Liverpool fans (non-Scottish ones), but it's important for Scotland.

Of course, wish he wasn't playing. But glad he's not injured and out of tonight's match because of that.

Yes just read that if they win their group they essentially put themselves two matches away from the world cup.

Convoluted reason but topping the group gives them better seeding for the qualifiers

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3984 on: November 18, 2020, 07:24:55 pm »
Its not about punishing him but protecting him. He has clocked up an incredible number of minutes and was carrying an issue. He probably needs a good break and Leicester and Atalanta are two games we can afford to.

Not saying anything about punishing him, but if he comes back fit and isn't picked it will be seen as him being dropped. Which I have no problem with as we have to manage these players.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: November 18, 2020, 07:25:44 pm »
I've already accepted that he will come back with an injury.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3986 on: November 18, 2020, 07:26:03 pm »

Can we? Leicester will be a huge test for a makeshift defence. Taking out another first choice defender would be madness. Atalanta is a different story though as we are ahead in the group. Tsimikas should definitely start that.
Internet terrorist

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3987 on: November 18, 2020, 07:27:50 pm »
Can we? Leicester will be a huge test for a makeshift defence. Taking out another first choice defender would be madness. Atalanta is a different story though as we are ahead in the group. Tsimikas should definitely start that.

But what if he breaks down against Leicester? He may or may not, but surely we are risking him if we make him go again?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: November 18, 2020, 07:28:33 pm »

Can we afford to play him when you consider how much he has already played? There comes a time when we have to use the squad we have a good guy who can come in for him. If he doesn't get injured tonight, he will do against Leicester. Personally I would be sensible and rest him.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: November 18, 2020, 07:31:11 pm »
I've already accepted that he will come back with an injury.
Who, Matip? He's just popped to the toilet...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3990 on: November 18, 2020, 07:37:30 pm »
I’m sure the sports science team will have a say on whether he is at risk of breaking down from cumulative minutes and Klopp wouldn’t risk him if there was the slightest hint of it. But Klopp will be looking at the impact of taking Robbo out of the team in addition to Joe and TAA now missing. It’s a huge ask to rebuild a back four. It’s a difficult balance though.

Hopefully he gets through OK tonight first.
Internet terrorist

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #3991 on: November 18, 2020, 07:40:45 pm »
Starting him in this game is absolutely criminal.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3992 on: November 18, 2020, 07:42:22 pm »
Starting him in this game is absolutely criminal.

Why is it? By his own admission he only had cramp after the Serbia game, he probably could have played Sunday but they thought better of it.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #3993 on: November 18, 2020, 07:45:21 pm »
Why is it? By his own admission he only had cramp after the Serbia game, he probably could have played Sunday but they thought better of it.
They don't need to and he missed the last game through injury. Minor injury or no starting him in those circumstances is stupid and a bit of a slap in the face for liverpool given the situation they are already having to deal with.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3994 on: November 18, 2020, 07:52:30 pm »
They don't need to and he missed the last game through injury. Minor injury or no starting him in those circumstances is stupid and a bit of a slap in the face for liverpool given the situation they are already having to deal with.

They do need to as this game determines whether they top the group or not. Just because Liverpool fans consider this a dead rubber doesn't mean Scotland don't. He missed the last game after suffering, from his own words, cramp in the Serbia game with Scotland using common sense not to play him Sunday, there's absolutely no need to leave him out if he's recovered from that. As much as you don't want to believe Scotland wouldn't be playing him if he wasn't fit to play.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3995 on: November 18, 2020, 07:56:41 pm »
And we are actually covered at left back aren't we? Tsimikas is ready to go, right? And that lad is absolutely no slouch. It could be a good thing for Robbo to face a bit of competition at Liverpool.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3996 on: November 18, 2020, 08:01:16 pm »
And we are actually covered at left back aren't we? Tsimikas is ready to go, right? And that lad is absolutely no slouch. It could be a good thing for Robbo to face a bit of competition at Liverpool.

Well he's starting for Greece tonight which is probably a disgrace because he's spent time out injured this season too

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: November 18, 2020, 08:07:43 pm »
Well he's starting for Greece tonight which is probably a disgrace because he's spent time out injured this season too
Probably good for him to get some minutes, whilst the other left back is clocking up too many...
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3998 on: November 18, 2020, 08:39:51 pm »
I'm made up for the lad. He deserves it. I love the Jocks. Have an affinity with them. Glasgow, kindred spirit. We have many things in common but hating the English tops my list. We all love our teams. We love football. We'll cope if he's injured. I bet he plays against Leicester.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3999 on: November 18, 2020, 08:51:48 pm »
He Scottish and the team captain. You could see last week what it means to him. Some of the comments in here are ridicuous.

It is an important game, for his country, and by his own admission he only had cramp.

I wish we (Scotland) had won at the weekend so he didn't have to play today but of course he was going to get picked tonight and rightfully so.