Author Topic: VR Consoles - Are they any good and which one?  (Read 2916 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: VR Consoles - Are they any good and which one?
« Reply #40 on: January 6, 2022, 05:12:46 pm »
Sold my PSVR today with 2 games for £200 to CEX. Not bad at all.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #41 on: January 6, 2022, 05:22:25 pm »
That's a really good.

I bought a PSVR 2nd version, boxed and with 2 move controllers for £160 for my lad's Christmas pressie.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 7, 2022, 02:38:38 am »
It'll be down to individual devs to patch their games for the new controllers and possibly for adaptive resolution. Games that have that already see a bump visually on the PS5.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #43 on: January 7, 2022, 07:21:29 am »
I'm undecided whether to get one, or wait for PSVR2.

Can they both play the same games?

No

The Quest 2 is standalone, but really at its best tethered to a decent PC. I play Half Life Alyx wirelessly, it's pretty solid. The Airlink is improving all the time though Virtual Desktop is my go to

So with the Quest 2 you can do the heavy hitter PC VR titles

Still has the bloody Fedbook account requirement though

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: January 9, 2022, 09:39:50 pm »
is the valve VR any good?

id consider getting a VR headset. nothing so far about modern gaming and particular the xbox series x and playstation 5 gives me that wow factor. i think graphics have got to the point of realism where its like whatever.. VR does though but i have been put off by the cost and the fact that a lot of space is needed.  Half life Alyx is a game i have to play though.

Also, id be very reluctant to purchase anything from Oculus.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2022, 12:33:23 am »
The Valve Index is very good, though by this time next year, or maybe sooner, it'll more than likely be dated and have a sucessor for the same cost. My advice is to wait for the PSVR2. It'll likely shake the VR scene up a bit, not least where the VR market needs it most: the content and games.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2022, 09:59:43 pm »

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2022, 07:09:59 am »
PSVR2 will be a day one purchase for me if I can nab one. The specs look great and Sony are putting some big studios into making games for it. Have to assume GT7 will include a VR mode as well which should be great fun.

Might be out by Christmas?!…
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2022, 12:24:47 am »
Probably, could be out by Christmas. Who knows. The PR from Sony lately has been weird, revealing what should be regarded as a big deal on a blog of all places. The pandemic, economic circumstances and chip shortages has really pissed on the chips of the current gen of consoles. If they didn't release, I don't think anyone would have noticed.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2022, 03:11:54 am »
This screams comfort

:D

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2022, 08:27:38 pm »
Its got a venting system in it. Hopefully powered by a fan rather than just being passive. The designer is particularly proud of it so it must be efficient. Its something that is badly needed in most headsets, especially the PSVR as I've sometimes found myself removing the rubber light shroud for comfort when the weather is a bit warm. Still would like to see some venting on that forehead pad, though. Thats still a heat trap.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2022, 08:31:28 pm »
PSVR2 will be a day one purchase for me if I can nab one. The specs look great and Sony are putting some big studios into making games for it. Have to assume GT7 will include a VR mode as well which should be great fun.

Might be out by Christmas?!…
Rumours now suggesting Febuary next year.