Author Topic: All Time PL Draft - With a Twist! (Discussion Thread & Sign up)  (Read 24244 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: All Time PL Draft - With a Twist! (Discussion Thread & Sign up)
« Reply #480 on: December 7, 2021, 04:48:41 pm »
There's nothing wrong with those picks. Salah at chelsea is a joke pick ffs lads. Atleast don't take the piss

Yeah for me I'm fine with Fowler for Leeds (14 PL goals) or Man City (21) but Blackburn is a bit of a joke.
Linudden.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #481 on: December 7, 2021, 04:51:47 pm »
I thought we have established the player would be judged for his time at the club chosen. Jordan even changed my pick from Chelsea to Liverpool because of it. But now it seems like the only problematic pick was that, but Robertson at Hull is cool and he will be judged at his time at Liverpool? What a fucking mess of a draft.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #482 on: December 7, 2021, 04:52:34 pm »
Wasn’t all the talk the other day that it’s boring seeing all the same names coming up? ;D

Surely there would have been a wider variety of teams if we did pick players and judged them at a certain club. As it is, you can’t now say player x is fine but y isn’t. It’s a PL draft at the end of the day so can understand Weah getting in a team being bizarre but I think Salah at Chelsea is creative and fair game.
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #483 on: December 7, 2021, 04:53:29 pm »
Yeah we can only really blame Tremenderson for the undecisiveness but hey you've got Salah and Hazard in the same team cutting in from either wing so who are you to complain? ;D

Hopefully our man Tremendo shows up and finishes the draft for us or else we'll have to arrange the knockouts ourselves. My suggestion would be, automatic highest vs lowest draft order all the way.
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #484 on: December 7, 2021, 04:54:13 pm »
Wasn’t all the talk the other day that it’s boring seeing all the same names coming up? ;D

Surely there would have been a wider variety of teams if we did pick players and judged them at a certain club. As it is, you can’t now say player x is fine but y isn’t. It’s a PL draft at the end of the day so can understand Weah getting in a team being bizarre but I think Salah at Chelsea is creative and fair game.

Mate, no-one's stopping you picking Fowler for Blackburn or Ljungberg for West Ham but don't forget that Betty votes too ;D
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: December 7, 2021, 04:57:07 pm »
I thought we have established the player would be judged for his time at the club chosen. Jordan even changed my pick from Chelsea to Liverpool because of it. But now it seems like the only problematic pick was that, but Robertson at Hull is cool and he will be judged at his time at Liverpool? What a fucking mess of a draft.
Guess it doesn't matter now but if you wanna bin hazard then?? you got one of the best chelsea players in recent memory and you still have salah!!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: December 7, 2021, 05:00:22 pm »
Robertson played a full season at hull. Same keane with forest, petrescu at wendesday. It wasn't a handful of sub appearances

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #487 on: December 7, 2021, 05:05:46 pm »
Robertson played a full season at hull. Same keane with forest, petrescu at wendesday. It wasn't a handful of sub appearances

I've no problem with players being judged on their whole careers in the pl no matter what team they get picked for. My issue was if a player played for two or three teams, then the team he had the most appearances for, generally tied in with most success, is the team he should be chosen to represent. Just to stop another draft becoming an easy, pick a team with your eyes closed, full of the usual suspects that get picked time and time again. All these teams will just be full of players from the same top 5 or 6 clubs which is the antithesis of the original point of the draft aswell if you ask me!

Nobody associates roy keane with forest ffs. He's a utd player, he should be picked for utd

At the least a minimum appearance for the club chosen would have stopped all this shite

Make up your mind lad.  ;D

Anyway, I don't care either way (although I might change my Gary Mac pick to Coventry), I just want all of us to be on the same page regarding this.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #488 on: December 7, 2021, 05:06:29 pm »

Anyway, I don't care either way (although I might change my Gary Mac pick to Coventry), I just want all of us to be on the same page regarding this.

After the WiFi to Tremendo's doomsday bunker cut it seems like we are ;D
Linudden.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #489 on: December 7, 2021, 05:07:27 pm »
So in the last couple of hours it’s been stated that Fowler at Blackburn would be both fine and a joke depending on which side of the fence you sit ;D

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #490 on: December 7, 2021, 05:11:48 pm »
So in the last couple of hours it’s been stated that Fowler at Blackburn would be both fine and a joke depending on which side of the fence you sit ;D

The covid tread calls me a Libertarian as an insult, so with that label in mind I'll reserve you the right to choose and the voters the right to judge ;D
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: December 7, 2021, 05:13:14 pm »

Yeah that was at the start but nobody wanted that type of logic, not one person backed me up with it so i was obviously pissing up against a wall and pushed atleast a minimum appearance for the team selected. Atleast a season played for the team isn't taking the piss. None of us are on the same page because the draft organiser has took a waltz

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #492 on: December 7, 2021, 05:13:16 pm »
I honestly thought the intention of JT was to have players be picked for the clubs they excelled with. Otherwise, I would have drafted quite differently. Many others probably would have too.

I don't care either way, to be honest.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: December 7, 2021, 05:14:14 pm »
Fowler being selected for blackburn would kill the draft

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #494 on: December 7, 2021, 05:15:08 pm »
The covid tread calls me a Libertarian as an insult, so with that label in mind I'll reserve you the right to choose and the voters the right to judge ;D

I’m not arsed about the voting aspect of these drafts, but seems a bit daft that this has been started without everyone on the same page from the offset ;D

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #495 on: December 7, 2021, 05:15:56 pm »
I honestly thought the intention of JT was to have players be picked for the clubs they excelled with. Otherwise, I would have drafted quite differently. Many others probably would have too.

I don't care either way, to be honest.

I think we’ve been doing a completely different draft ;D

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #496 on: December 7, 2021, 05:16:29 pm »
We cant change the clubs we chose already surely? That's a load of shite. I wasnt saying anything but I thought SOL Campbell TBC and Mane Southampton or liverpool was crap to be honest. Should have to declare your team

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #497 on: December 7, 2021, 05:17:22 pm »
Fowler being selected for blackburn would kill the draft

I could understand that if there was a minimum appearance threshold in (would have been an easy solution to all of this), but there isn’t so why would it?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #498 on: December 7, 2021, 05:17:57 pm »
Yeah that was at the start but nobody wanted that type of logic, not one person backed me up with it so i was obviously pissing up against a wall and pushed atleast a minimum appearance for the team selected. Atleast a season played for the team isn't taking the piss. None of us are on the same page because the draft organiser has took a waltz

Tremendo right now:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5nIjbXV7hA8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5nIjbXV7hA8</a>

I'd draft Don Henley in a heartbeat if he was eligible. He can be stadium announcer if he can't play :wave
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #499 on: December 7, 2021, 05:19:17 pm »
We cant change the clubs we chose already surely? That's a load of shite. I wasnt saying anything but I thought SOL Campbell TBC and Mane Southampton or liverpool was crap to be honest. Should have to declare your team

Have we awoken a Basque anticyclone December storm here, Xabi mate? ;D
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: December 7, 2021, 05:21:24 pm »
I could understand that if there was a minimum appearance threshold in (would have been an easy solution to all of this), but there isn’t so why would it?
We couldn't agree on the voting criteria, the min appearance and club selected but a few pages back it seemed we were all atleast on the same page regarding pisstake picks

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #501 on: December 7, 2021, 05:22:23 pm »
I took it as your complaint, which I agree with, made Jordan change the ruling on how players would be judged.

No I answered that above.

The rule changed from the initial idea.  You pick the club where the players was best at.

It's very simple.

More picking, less moaning.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #502 on: December 7, 2021, 05:23:54 pm »
Well, we were promised a twist and we’ve got one. :D

I’ve played completely within the spirit of the game because I’m a good egg. In general I’ve gone for the club players are most associated with. Still easy enough to get a good team.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: December 7, 2021, 05:24:01 pm »
Tremendo right now:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5nIjbXV7hA8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5nIjbXV7hA8</a>

I'd draft Don Henley in a heartbeat if he was eligible. He can be stadium announcer if he can't play :wave
It's almost as if tremendos missing act and the air of ambiguousness he left behind was intentional. I wouldn't be surprised if he's reading and laughing his arse off at it all burning

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #504 on: December 7, 2021, 05:25:21 pm »

It doesn’t impact anyone else and gives people a bit of wiggle room so I don’t have too much of a problem with it.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #505 on: December 7, 2021, 05:28:26 pm »
It doesn’t impact anyone else and gives people a bit of wiggle room so I don’t have too much of a problem with it.
Nah, it definitely impacts decisions knowing someone can or can't choose from a certain club. You're up btw.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #506 on: December 7, 2021, 05:30:40 pm »
We couldn't agree on the voting criteria, the min appearance and club selected but a few pages back it seemed we were all atleast on the same page regarding pisstake picks

I’d argue that Fowler at Blackburn isn’t a pisstake pick though seeing as he sits 8th overall in the league’s top scorers charts, where as a name like Weah in this draft would be…

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #507 on: December 7, 2021, 05:31:29 pm »
Picking Fowler for Blackburn is going full Trump. Never go full Trump.

Deterrence enough? ;D

playing the Trump card at RAWK should unify everyone cause that's a bigger twat than anyone

:wave
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: December 7, 2021, 05:32:24 pm »
I took it as your complaint, which I agree with, made Jordan change the ruling on how players would be judged.
Yeah i was happy with that at the time but maybe being this far in it's too late to have that mindset.
For example keane will have to be changed to utd and that means no ronaldo for xabiart. Petrescu changed for tubby to chelsea and that means no Zola. we're too far gone.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #509 on: December 7, 2021, 05:33:01 pm »
I think most pics so far have been fine and been from players at their best club. Robertson and Petrescu are probably the only two contentious picks.

Edit: I guess Keane too

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: December 7, 2021, 05:33:47 pm »
I’d argue that Fowler at Blackburn isn’t a pisstake pick though seeing as he sits 8th overall in the league’s top scorers charts, where as a name like Weah in this draft would be…
he played 3 games for them mate!

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #511 on: December 7, 2021, 05:34:53 pm »
he played 3 games for them mate!

Yeah I know, but he was a boss PL striker overall though… see my point? ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: December 7, 2021, 05:34:53 pm »
Well, we were promised a twist and we’ve got one. :D

I’ve played completely within the spirit of the game because I’m a good egg. In general I’ve gone for the club players are most associated with. Still easy enough to get a good team.
Will you pick ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: December 7, 2021, 05:39:42 pm »
Maybe newbies shouldn't be doing their own drafts dickheads until they learn what's what. A bit of advice for the future.   :wave

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: December 7, 2021, 05:41:08 pm »
Maybe newbies shouldn't be doing their own drafts dickheads until they learn what's what. A bit of advice for the future.   :wave
Maybe you should have done it instead kimosabe!! Look at all the fun you're missing out on

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: December 7, 2021, 05:42:33 pm »
This isn't even mild fun mate compared to the golden days.  :D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: December 7, 2021, 05:43:10 pm »
Yeah I know, but he was a boss PL striker overall though… see my point? ;D
:D yeah for everyone but blackburn

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: December 7, 2021, 05:43:34 pm »
This isn't even mild fun mate compared to the golden days.  :D
Why don't you bring them back??

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #518 on: December 7, 2021, 05:44:12 pm »
Picking Fowler for Blackburn is going full Trump. Never go full Trump.

Deterrence enough? ;D

playing the Trump card at RAWK should unify everyone cause that's a bigger twat than anyone

:wave

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: December 7, 2021, 05:45:42 pm »
Trump was alright. Bring back samie to drafts and bring back trump