Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 333220 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #3960 on: November 29, 2021, 02:31:15 pm »
Going to be reaching highs of 10 degrees tomorrow in the North West.

Barmy.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3961 on: December 1, 2021, 02:17:16 am »
Do one, wind

Don't make me come out there

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3962 on: December 1, 2021, 02:27:19 am »
Do one, wind

Never offer the wind out, Tone.  :missus

Mrs. Spion did just that when we camped in Snowdonia some years back. It didn't end well at all. Our tent was destroyed by over 50mph winds which snapped the poles. I had to bundle everything into the car in the dark then drive back to Liverpool.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3963 on: December 1, 2021, 08:30:23 am »
Do one, wind

Outside christmas lights came off the hook at one corner of the roof and were battering against the bedroom window at 2am :no

Up the ladders again today to secure them properly. I was leaning backwards when i put them up Sunday as it felt safer resting the ladder against the garage, than resting the ladder on the fascia - today I have to go the fascia route. Can't rest the ladder on the wall anymore as we had it rendered and I do not want to damage that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3964 on: December 4, 2021, 04:24:47 pm »
where the fuck did this storm come from?  Absolutely diabolical outside!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3965 on: December 4, 2021, 05:12:44 pm »
Horrendous weather today, and I've just seen five lightning strikes to the south of us. Lit the sky up lovely.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3966 on: December 4, 2021, 06:17:41 pm »
Heard the thunder. Don't think I'll be leaving the house today. Fuck my step counter. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3967 on: December 5, 2021, 07:19:09 pm »
Think I was wrong about the winter storms, there's nother one coming Tuesday/Wednesday.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3968 on: December 5, 2021, 08:02:23 pm »
Think I was wrong about the winter storms, there's nother one coming Tuesday/Wednesday.
Yep. Storm Barra, due to arrive Tuesday. 💦🌧️🌪️☔

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3969 on: December 6, 2021, 07:25:45 pm »
Look how rooted it was and the size of the earth it took with it.

I saw that today. ☹️

What a fantastic tree it was too.

They've cut it up and left large logs there, so I might have to borrow a wheel barrow to ferry some back home.

If you walk on the path north, down the left-hand side of the cafe there is a massive tree down there too. Hopefully we don't lose any more trees once the next storm hits tomorrow.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3970 on: December 6, 2021, 11:02:50 pm »
Yep. Storm Barra, due to arrive Tuesday. 💦🌧️🌪️☔

Shouldn't be as bad here, but Ireland looks in the firing line. Here's the Shipping Forecast for Shannon:

Shannon
GALE WARNING
Issued: 15:55 (UTC) on Mon 6 Dec 2021
Gale now ceased but southwesterly hurricane force 12 expected soon veering westerly later
WIND
West 5 to 7, becoming cyclonic storm 10 to hurricane force 12.
SEA STATE
Very rough or high, becoming high or very high, occasionally phenomenal later.
WEATHER
Showers.
VISIBILITY
Poor or very poor
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: December 6, 2021, 11:07:18 pm »
^
That looks nasty.

Hurricane force 12. 😱

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3972 on: December 6, 2021, 11:18:14 pm »

Every time I go out it crosses my mind that we haven't spoke much about the number of trees fallen in Liverpool last week, I've never know so many in any of the previous bad storms.

Was it the same all over the country.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3973 on: December 6, 2021, 11:39:49 pm »
Every time I go out it crosses my mind that we haven't spoke much about the number of trees fallen in Liverpool last week, I've never know so many in any of the previous bad storms.

Was it the same all over the country.
According to the BBC, tens of thousands of trees were felled or left in danger of falling by storm Arwen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-59481440

I know shortly after the storm the Echo were reporting over 60 trees down in the Liverpool area.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #3974 on: December 6, 2021, 11:53:01 pm »
We are on storm warning here, schools closed tomorrow too. Going to hammer the south West coast and the East is on high alert too.

Y.N.W.A.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: December 7, 2021, 08:46:50 am »
65 mph winds and torrential rain here this morning.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3976 on: December 7, 2021, 09:09:08 am »
65 mph winds and torrential rain here this morning.

You seem to get some horrendous weather mate.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3977 on: December 7, 2021, 09:28:46 am »
You seem to get some horrendous weather mate.

We're in Pembrokeshire,right on the coast.

I can't remember the last time we went a whole twenty four hours without rain.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3978 on: December 7, 2021, 10:15:29 am »
According to the BBC, tens of thousands of trees were felled or left in danger of falling by storm Arwen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-59481440

I know shortly after the storm the Echo were reporting over 60 trees down in the Liverpool area.

There's a few places off the beaten track in sefton park where you can see big trees that toppled many years ago, but managed to cling on to life, with branches changing direction and growing upwards. I guess the tap root and a few other major ones were still intact.

Sadly that's just not an option when a fallen tree blocks a pathway.  :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #3979 on: December 7, 2021, 10:17:00 am »
We're in Pembrokeshire,right on the coast.

I can't remember the last time we went a whole twenty four hours without rain.

One of my favourite places. Go every year, sometimes twice. But, when it’s wet. It’s wet.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3980 on: December 7, 2021, 10:35:32 am »
One of my favourite places. Go every year, sometimes twice. But, when it’s wet. It’s wet.
Oh it is. My Uncle lives in St Davids, I don't think I've ever been when it wasn't raining and we visit twice a year.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3981 on: December 9, 2021, 03:38:07 pm »
After another week of unsettled weather (a couple of dry days should happen between wet days), things should begin to settle down from next Thursday as high pressure builds in.

Depending on the positioning and orientation of the high, we will likely be looking at 1-2 weeks of settled weather with some frosts and some fog. Sunshine levels will depend on how much 'anti-cyclonic gloom' is mixed into the high, but it's feasible we could have a few days of cold and low cloud. Typically atmospheric December days!

Tentative signs that there's the possibility of a colder flow of air may develop as we approach Xmas itself - but that's a long way off.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: December 9, 2021, 08:25:50 pm »
After another week of unsettled weather (a couple of dry days should happen between wet days), things should begin to settle down from next Thursday as high pressure builds in.

Depending on the positioning and orientation of the high, we will likely be looking at 1-2 weeks of settled weather with some frosts and some fog. Sunshine levels will depend on how much 'anti-cyclonic gloom' is mixed into the high, but it's feasible we could have a few days of cold and low cloud. Typically atmospheric December days!

Tentative signs that there's the possibility of a colder flow of air may develop as we approach Xmas itself - but that's a long way off.
You're such a tease, Nobby.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3983 on: December 10, 2021, 12:13:50 am »
I saw that today. ☹️

She is rooting again .
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 12:22:17 am by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3984 on: December 10, 2021, 01:30:34 pm »
Santa Claus Village

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp4RRAEgpeU

Impressive snow at the entrance to Mont Blanc Tunnel, too:

https://www.tunnelmb.net//webcam/portale_FR.mp4?ts=1639142832177

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: December 10, 2021, 08:51:23 pm »
Maybe it's the pandemic combined with the time of year and the miserable weather, but I'm feeling the worst case of cabin fever I've had in ages.  Not sure I felt this way even during lockdown.  I've had it up to fucking here with days of incessant fucking rain.  Feels Like I'm going nuts.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3986 on: December 10, 2021, 09:04:50 pm »
Maybe it's the pandemic combined with the time of year and the miserable weather, but I'm feeling the worst case of cabin fever I've had in ages.  Not sure I felt this way even during lockdown.  I've had it up to fucking here with days of incessant fucking rain.  Feels Like I'm going nuts.
Easy for me to say, but don't let it get to you Paul mate. Think about any positive it gives to nature and the ease it comes out of your tap. Seriously, be pissed off at rain but don't let it get you down.

One of my really good mates said to me a few weeks ago he longs for December 21st when days finally start getting longer. And this mate is a lucky happy fella. But fuck that, it doesn't matter how unhappy you are or wish for a different life, never wish it away.

Stay chilled RB. Hugs.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3987 on: December 10, 2021, 09:13:06 pm »
Easy for me to say, but don't let it get to you Paul mate. Think about any positive it gives to nature and the ease it comes out of your tap. Seriously, be pissed off at rain but don't let it get you down.

One of my really good mates said to me a few weeks ago he longs for December 21st when days finally start getting longer. And this mate is a lucky happy fella. But fuck that, it doesn't matter how unhappy you are or wish for a different life, never wish it away.

Stay chilled RB. Hugs.

Not wishing my life away John, just wish I was someplace else with a bit more sun and a bit more blue sky. Doesn't even have to be warm! ;D

Some days even the old SAD light can't plug the gap. I totally relate to your mate, as I'm also counting the days down to Dec 21st!

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: December 11, 2021, 12:23:25 am »
I know, I know what you mean RB. You've a more appreciative and open mind to the seasons than you allow yourself to be though. Haven't you?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: December 11, 2021, 05:43:32 pm »
Not wishing my life away John, just wish I was someplace else with a bit more sun and a bit more blue sky. Doesn't even have to be warm! ;D

Your wishes should be granted from about next Thursday/Friday (only potential problem could be lingering fog)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3990 on: December 11, 2021, 05:45:41 pm »
I know, I know what you mean RB. You've a more appreciative and open mind to the seasons than you allow yourself to be though. Haven't you?

Well for myself I've always hated winter. I can deal with being cold, it's the dark that does me in. Incessantly cloudy days, day on day, just grind me down. ;D

Your wishes should be granted from about next Thursday/Friday (only potential problem could be lingering fog)

Here's hoping!

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3991 on: December 11, 2021, 09:34:11 pm »

Hoping for a nice weekend, I'm working Saturday and Sunday next week.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3992 on: December 12, 2021, 09:15:18 pm »
Hoping for a nice weekend, I'm working Saturday and Sunday next week.

It'll be dry.

Too early to say how murky the sky will be, but with wind likely to be from somewhere SW to SE, a decent chance of clear. All depends how far north the migrating high pressure gets by then.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3993 on: December 13, 2021, 03:42:15 pm »
It's so fucking miserable out there again,I'm sick of mist and rain.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3994 on: December 13, 2021, 04:07:46 pm »
It's so fucking miserable out there again,I'm sick of mist and rain.

Another day or two of unsettled, then it should be dry right up to Xmas (barring a small chance the high pressure that's going to settle over us moves further north in the couple of days before Xmas, allowing cold air to advect westwards over us, likely bringing some wintry showers; but, like I say, only a small chance)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: December 13, 2021, 04:08:32 pm »
I'm keeping the Michael Fish chair warm for 24/7.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3996 on: December 13, 2021, 09:13:35 pm »
Just popped out to the big Tesco on Park Road for a few bits.  Was pissing down rain when I left. 15 minutes later and leave the store and walk straight into a fog bank. Rain has stopped but visibility is down to about 200 meters maximum.  :o ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: December 13, 2021, 09:46:30 pm »
It will rain nay piss down in stoke tomorrow around the 12 - 12:15 pm mark.

Psychic? no, iv got me booster at that time and the size of the venue means you have to queue outside so i will guarantee torrential rain, arctic gales, localised flooding.

Mark my words.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3998 on: December 18, 2021, 10:42:29 am »
A beautiful cold,crisp sunny day here. :)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3999 on: December 18, 2021, 06:39:55 pm »
I see the faint sunny spells forecast for the next week have now been replaced by yet more rain. Fuck off, winter.

Popcorn's Art