Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1923811 times)

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #10920 on: January 15, 2019, 12:57:45 pm »
It's more Clyne's request to move on which was bizarre. He was one injury away from starting and now with TAA out, he would have had a month's action  in a title run-in. He could have played a big part in a possible title winners medal and felt really part of the group if we were to win the title.

Instead he chose to play for Bournemouth who are just doing nothing.

Like Sturridge learned last season from his loan at West Brom. Being part of a squad who are challenging for major honours is far more incredible than playing for a small club with nothing to work for.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #10921 on: January 15, 2019, 12:57:56 pm »
No recall option. Doubt he'd want to come back here anyway to play 3-4 games then not get a look in again.

He'd probably be on the bench anyway.

The only game Clyne started was when TAA, Gomez and Milner were unavailable. All 3 have been picked ahead of him this season.

If Gomez is back for Leicester then it's 1 game (potential 2 max) where we'd have needed Clyne on the bench as back up to Milner at RB. We still have enough midfield depth to more Milner to RB for a game or 2.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10922 on: January 15, 2019, 01:04:41 pm »
If the 4 weeks is accurate, he'll be back for United game. We play Palace, Leicester and Bournemouth at home, and West Ham away before then. Not ideal to have lost him, but we should be winning those 4 without him.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10923 on: January 15, 2019, 01:09:07 pm »
When did Gomez get a setback? I thought he was supposed to be back for the Palace match :(

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10924 on: January 15, 2019, 01:09:25 pm »
Play Alberto Moreno @ RB... sorted!

:lmao

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #10925 on: January 15, 2019, 01:15:18 pm »
Play Alberto Moreno @ RB... sorted!

:lmao

That’s like asking McDonald’s to look after your cows!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #10926 on: January 15, 2019, 01:17:14 pm »
Said at the time loaning Clyne was daft, this shows now how much it was. We have no genuine right back now, we can talk about others like Milner but not his natural position.
Crazy.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10927 on: January 15, 2019, 01:17:54 pm »
Man....we are gonna lose quite of bit of pace with milner on the right flank. Do we have any outstanding RB in our reserve team ?
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #10928 on: January 15, 2019, 01:20:34 pm »
Clyne loan was daft for this reason.

We have cover and we will survive and what will be will be but im sorry, if him wanting to play more was the only reason he was let go its stupid.
Move him on in the summer and tell him to stay put for now. Or maybe loan him at the end of the window and not so early??

We will be fine but its an unecessary problem and one of our own making
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10929 on: January 15, 2019, 01:23:42 pm »
Assume Milner slots in for the next game with Camacho on the bench. Gini being injured potentially leaves us a little light in the middle. Fact we're not in the domestic cups and it's a fairly quiet January games wise is good for us now.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10930 on: January 15, 2019, 01:23:42 pm »
The problem with these injuries is that while we are not in crisis YET, each injury not only makes the next one more significant but makes it more likely too.

eg now we are needing Milner to play RB, which could mean less rotation for Gini/Fabinho/Henderson in MF and make it more likely one of them gets something.

Like I say, for now we are fine but we're on a tightrope IMO.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #10931 on: January 15, 2019, 01:25:52 pm »
The problem with these injuries is that while we are not in crisis YET, each injury not only makes the next one more significant but makes it more likely too.

eg now we are needing Milner to play RB, which could mean less rotation for Gini/Fabinho/Henderson in MF and make it more likely one of them gets something.

Like I say, for now we are fine but we're on a tightrope IMO.

There will be no rotation for Gini while he is injured btw! Keita will have to step up.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10932 on: January 15, 2019, 01:26:03 pm »
Milner against Zaha is a major worry.

Wijnaldum may be ready for the weekend, he's not been ruled out for sure.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10933 on: January 15, 2019, 01:27:52 pm »
There will be no rotation for Gini while he is injured btw! Keita will have to step up.

He could still play this weekend, Gini hasn't been ruled out for certain

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10934 on: January 15, 2019, 01:30:08 pm »
Appreciate why everyone's saying it'll be milner, but actually think if Matip's fit [likely] it's much more likely to be fabinho.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10935 on: January 15, 2019, 01:31:23 pm »
Appreciate why everyone's saying it'll be milner, but actually think if Matip's fit [likely] it's much more likely to be fabinho.

Yeah I believe so as well, I am not keen on Milner marking Zaha all game

Could we even recall Clyne?

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10936 on: January 15, 2019, 01:33:25 pm »
Why are we calling for Clyne when Milner was clearly ahead of him in the pecking order anyway?

I actually fancy Milner defensively vs Zaha more than I would TAA. The biggest argument you could make in favour of TAA is that hopefully his attacking threat would put Zaha on the back foot, but Milner certainly has the nous defensively and I can't recall him ever being embarrassed when playing FB for us.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #10937 on: January 15, 2019, 01:35:22 pm »
Worrying about Zaha? He's fucking shite

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10938 on: January 15, 2019, 01:38:41 pm »

I actually fancy Milner defensively vs Zaha more than I would TAA. The biggest argument you could make in favour of TAA is that hopefully his attacking threat would put Zaha on the back foot, but Milner certainly has the nous defensively and I can't recall him ever being embarrassed when playing FB for us.

I love Milner but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know his weakness is pace. When he played LB in 16/17 he really struggled against Sterling at the Etihad for example.

Obviously Palace won't have as much of the ball so these dangerous scenarios should hopefully be relatively sporadic. Far from ideal though.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10939 on: January 15, 2019, 01:39:37 pm »

I was thinking the exact same. What has he done all season? Also we're at bloody Anfield!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #10940 on: January 15, 2019, 01:42:32 pm »
Keita needs to step up now and start performing.
Seen us win everything

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10941 on: January 15, 2019, 01:43:32 pm »
Matip is back. Joe won't be too long either hopefully. Milner is a good right back and so is Fab. On the scale of how injuries could fuck us this is minor.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10942 on: January 15, 2019, 01:45:42 pm »
Matip is back. Joe won't be too long either hopefully. Milner is a good right back and so is Fab. On the scale of how injuries could fuck us this is minor.

Exactly, the main thing is he will be back for the CL games, along with Matip and Gomez. I don't get the panicking.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #10943 on: January 15, 2019, 01:46:00 pm »
Correct.

Palace, Leicester, West Ham and Bournemouth won't even get a touch of the ball to worry us at the back anyway. 

Everyone needs to chillout. By the way, BBC site says TAA out for two weeks

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10944 on: January 15, 2019, 01:57:05 pm »

I'm worried about Zaha. He's on form, especially these past 13 games.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10945 on: January 15, 2019, 01:58:58 pm »
Correct.

Palace, Leicester, West Ham and Bournemouth won't even get a touch of the ball to worry us at the back anyway. 

Everyone needs to chillout. By the way, BBC site says TAA out for two weeks

This site has got a bit ridiculous over the past few weeks. People saying Brighton was a must win, now people freaking out because Trent is out for a few weeks when we have Milner and Fab at the absolute minimum for cover and who are good options.

Gonna sound like a moaner but it’s doing my head in reading all the flapping and bedwetting. Particularly in a season like this everyone needs to calm the fuck down and stop adding hysteria and pressure where it’s not needed.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10946 on: January 15, 2019, 01:59:53 pm »
I'm worried about Zaha. He's on form, especially these past 13 games.

13 games is a very precise figure, or am I being whooshed?

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #10947 on: January 15, 2019, 02:01:20 pm »
This site has got a bit ridiculous over the past few weeks. People saying Brighton was a must win, now people freaking out because Trent is out for a few weeks when we have Milner and Fab at the absolute minimum for cover and who are good options.

Gonna sound like a moaner but it’s doing my head in reading all the flapping and bedwetting. Particularly in a season like this everyone needs to calm the fuck down and stop adding hysteria and pressure where it’s not needed.

This. All teams suffer injuries to important players, we have enough to cover and then some.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #10948 on: January 15, 2019, 02:01:56 pm »

Assuming Matip starts at CB, I'm not sure I'd want Fabinho going to RB. I know he can play there but having to play 3 different positions in the space of a few weeks could be hard on him, especially as we want him to concentrate on contributing from midfield. Milner obviously has a bit more knowledge on what Klopp wants from an RB so would be a better bet.

Shit news for TAA, can't help but think he may have caused the injury by over-compensating for his ankle problem on Saturday but only the physio would be able to tell us that.

In some ways, the suggestion of asking Clyne to wait till the end of Jan would've been prudent, but again, the speed of him leaving (after a few months of speculation) indicates he just wanted to get out probably wouldn't have been much use to us.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #10949 on: January 15, 2019, 02:06:41 pm »
Two midfielders in back 4.

Thought Matip was ready? Was on the bench on Saturday.

Fab  Matip  VVD  Robbo

No sweat

Aand Gomez back soon as well.

Just be thankful that it's not our BEST defender who's injured. We can shuffle around with others but if big Virgil was out, THEN I'd worry.

We've got his. The squad depth is good this year.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10950 on: January 15, 2019, 02:10:15 pm »
This. All teams suffer injuries to important players, we have enough to cover and then some.

Exactly.  Can you imagine the bed-wetting if VVD or Mo got injured. FFS. We have a great squad.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #10951 on: January 15, 2019, 02:10:34 pm »

I suppose it is because we haven't found ourselves in a position like this before and some people are worrying we may fuck it up.

Next four games, 12 more points on the board, stop worrying about an injured RB and start thinking of how many goals we can score and boost our goal difference.

Be positive, doubters into believers an all that

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10952 on: January 15, 2019, 02:10:36 pm »
No one can convince me that loaning Clyne out was anything other than sheer stupidity by the club. Yeah, I get that we can play Milner or Fabinho there but if we pick up an injury in midfield (like we just have with Wijnaldum) then putting in a midfielder there further weakens us in midfield. Ideally Gomez comes back and we play Matip alongside VVD and he goes at RB, but he might still be weeks away. There's always a chance of a setback too.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10953 on: January 15, 2019, 02:14:04 pm »
No one can convince me that loaning Clyne out was anything other than sheer stupidity by the club. Yeah, I get that we can play Milner or Fabinho there but if we pick up an injury in midfield (like we just have with Wijnaldum) then putting in a midfielder there further weakens us in midfield. Ideally Gomez comes back and we play Matip alongside VVD and he goes at RB, but he might still be weeks away. There's always a chance of a setback too.

The manager decided this, not the club.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #10954 on: January 15, 2019, 02:14:49 pm »
Imagine thinking a player who has played a handful of times in two years was important to Klopp.

Clyne wanted to leave, why stop him? He isn't needed and still isn't

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #10955 on: January 15, 2019, 02:15:08 pm »
Its not a huge problem right now no. We have cover and we will be fine....dont think its bedwetting to suggest letting go of Clyne struck a few as odd (even before this news) for all the reasons stated.

But yeah we will be ok and if it comes down to the fact that we'll have to score a few more to settle games so be it....i mean it almost worked in 13/14!  ;) especially against the likes of our next few opponents.....

Instant reactions to the news is all this is. I mean we can explain away any discussion with klopp knows best/is happy with his options, we should be happy where we are and enjoy the ride and one game at a time etc until May then just mute the whole forum until May i guess!  ;D
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10956 on: January 15, 2019, 02:16:03 pm »
The manager decided this, not the club.

Then it's a bit daft especially considering Clyne played right before we let him go and looked alright, against United no less.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10957 on: January 15, 2019, 02:19:46 pm »
I would guess Matip will play and start saturday

means Milner or Fabinho right back. one of them in midfield. my guess is milner rb, fabinho midfield

Gini wasnt definitely ruled out but no reason Keita cant come in to the team

no need to panic. I hope Benteke doesnt play as he is a jinx for us but he has only played 12 minutes the last while. plus as i mentioned they have a keeper crisis

again we have one game until 30th january. by then we hopefully have Lovren and Gomez back
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10958 on: January 15, 2019, 02:21:33 pm »
Letting Clyne go would only look stupid if we'd lost TAA and Gomez for the whole season.

But we haven't.

People shat the bed when Joe got injured at Burnley.

We went and won the next 5 games easily.

Stop panicking, twats!

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10959 on: January 15, 2019, 02:21:48 pm »
Then it's a bit daft especially considering Clyne played right before we let him go and looked alright, against United no less.

Maybe Mr Klopp has decided he'd rather keep Camacho as understudy than Clyne?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid