Author Topic: El Hadji Diouf  (Read 3825 times)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
El Hadji Diouf
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:37:19 pm »
I'm glad he's let bygones be bygones...  ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-40379715

El Hadji Diouf is a hero in Senegal. Everywhere he goes, he is mobbed by fans both young and old. His countrymen are still grateful for the stellar role he played during the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea.

But in England, he is remembered more for his controversial antics than for his football talent.

It is a trait that followed him in the English league clubs he played for - from Liverpool and Blackburn Rovers to Bolton Wanderers, with a spell for Rangers in Scotland as well.

Diouf was aggressive, spat at opponents and confronted match officials as well as opponents.
But now in his retirement, he is telling his story.

'I am a bad loser'
"I am a lion, I am a bad loser and it's not wrong to be a bad loser," said Diouf of his often combative mood during his playing days.

El Hadji Diouf: I'm fit, sexy and helping Senegal

"I have got character and I want people to respect me."

Diouf, who has moved back to the Senegalese capital Dakar, says he was often misunderstood during his playing days in England.

He said: "I am an easy target. It's easy to talk about El Hadji Diouf and I let them talk but I know in my heart I am a good guy. My family know, my population knows, my continent knows I am a good guy and that's the best thing. The rest is not my problem."

Despite this defence, Diouf admits he has done some bad things.

When asked why, for example, he used to spit at opponents, he said: "Maybe they used to tell me something I didn't want to hear. I did that, I paid and now it's finished."

The Senegalese legend had a drawn-out row with former Liverpool team-mates such as Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard.
Steven Gerrard of Liverpool looks on during the International Friendly match between Sydney FC and Liverpool FC at ANZ Stadium on

Even today, Diouf and Gerrard continue their feud through the media. So what exactly is the problem?

"I have no problem with him," Diouf said. "He [Gerrard] is a strong character and I am a strong character.

"'Stevie G' was a very good player. People like him in Liverpool but he never did anything for his country. I am Mr El Hadji Diouf, Mr Senegal but he is Mr Liverpool and Senegal is bigger than Liverpool and he has to know that."

Diouf is working in Senegal as a government goodwill ambassador. He is President Macky Sall's adviser on sport as well as running his own sports newspaper business in Dakar - and is often mobbed by young people when he visits his gym in the city.

"My life is about sport but the government cannot do everything alone, they need help from people like me," Diouf said.

"The president believes in me and that's why when I finished playing football, he called me and told me he wants me to help because the young generation believe in me. I am an example to them."

Asked if he would consider a role in politics, Diouf said he was concentrating on helping to develop his country - but could not rule out entering politics in future.

He said: "I am interested because we have to make things change. People like me can make things change.

"We have a country to build, a continent to build and why not be involved in politics tomorrow?"
'We put Senegal on the world map'

The 2002 World Cup gave El Hadj Diouf (centre) his greatest sense of achievement

Twice presented with the African Footballer of the Year award by the Confederation of African football (Caf), Diouf was part of the Senegal side which reached the last eight at the 2002 World Cup, beating defending champions France along the way.

He describes that period as the greatest achievement of his career - putting it on a par with Diego Maradona's World Cup-winning achievements with Argentina.

"We put Senegal on the world map," he said. "Before the World Cup nobody knew Senegal, but after the World Cup everybody wanted to know where Senegal was.

"What Maradona did for his country is what I did for Senegal. I was one of the biggest men at the 2002 World Cup.
"We were colonised by France. Most of the businesses are run by French people here and to beat them was a big thing for us.
"Before the game, they used to say, 'The reserve team is going to play against the first team' - because most of the players used to play in the French league.

"I used to be at Lens, Salif Diao [was at Sedan], Khalilou Fadiga [was at Auxerre], most of the players played in the French league but we used to say: 'Be careful before you kill the lion.'"

Diouf says he would like to do more to help develop football on the African continent, but feels structural changes need to take place.
"Fifa has changed and now it's time for African football federations to change too," he said.
This is the first in this week's Where Are They Now? series by Stanley Kwenda, looking at what some of Africa's ex-football stars are doing after hanging up their boots. He will also speak to Salif Diao, Peter Ndlovu, Benni McCarthy and Nwankwo Kanu.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: El Hadji Diouf
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 04:45:27 pm »
Well this is a bit awkward El Hadji but the best you did in the World Cup was get to the quarters, which is coincidentally also the best Gerrard managed with England...

Anyhoo.. No point giving this guy the time of day. 
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 04:46:54 pm »

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 04:48:46 pm »
Well, this thread should last a long time.....

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 04:49:35 pm »
An abhorrent, attention-seeking twat of a man. I wish he'd fuck off entirely.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 04:49:39 pm »
Just read him on the Echo website. What a loathsome character he is. An embarrassment to the Liverpool shirt while he was here. His name pops into my head first when people talk about our worst ever signings. Gerrard must laugh his head off when reading Diouf's nonsense.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »
He was shit and a c*nt.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 04:55:45 pm »
And should have been sacked after spitting at that lad in Parkhead.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 05:00:13 pm »
Just read him on the Echo website. What a loathsome character he is. An embarrassment to the Liverpool shirt while he was here. His name pops into my head first when people talk about our worst ever signings. Gerrard must laugh his head off when reading Diouf's nonsense.

The Echo shouldn't be giving him the time of day, quite disappointed in them. As expected for Diouf...

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 05:03:36 pm »
In all honesty, that bolded quote is the most reasonable thing he's ever said
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 06:59:45 pm »
He said: "I am an easy target. It's easy to talk about El Hadji Diouf and I let them talk but I know in my heart I am a good guy. My family know, my population knows, my continent knows I am a good guy and that's the best thing. The rest is not my problem."

Humble as ever, I see.

The only Liverpool player, I've ever genuinely hated.

Fuck off you bellend.

El Hadji  with his minder,

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:25:21 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 07:28:29 pm »
Interesting he compares himself to Maradona, who of course won Argentina the World Cup.  This fella is probably best remembered in his country for missing the final penalty of the 2002 African Cup of Nations final. Which, so far, is their only appearance in the final. So not only has he not won his country anything he fucked up their only chance of doing so.

Now I acknowledge that that could happen to anyone, but then not many others have a gob and an ego the size of the African continent without having much to back it up with.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 07:34:43 pm »
What an awful signing he was.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 07:54:14 pm »
Absolutely can't stand this bloke. Shit goal return for a supposed striker too.

Comparing scoring in the group stage of a world cup to spearheading your country to actually winning it is criminally deluded too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:59:10 pm by ggcc14 »
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 08:27:17 pm »
c*nt

Nothing more to say, really.

Not fit to lick dog-shit off Stevie's boots.
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 08:58:19 pm »
Without a doubt the worst player to ever pull on a Liverpool shirt. 

Mediocre, bad attitude; Costa levels of tw@ttishness with Paul Konchesky levels of sub standard ability.  Don't confuse being a dick with being passionate.  Not a single redeeming quality. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 09:41:24 pm »
Would actually be in favour of deleting this thread. Diouf comes out with these things to get himself publicity, nothing else.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 10:42:43 pm »

No wonder he ended up at Rangers. :)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 11:09:29 pm »
Isn't this 'story' years old? Or has he just regurgitated the same shite when someone else has given him a voice?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 02:19:46 am »
Awful player, even worse human being.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 04:09:51 am »
When you have to keep telling people you're a good guy, you're not a good guy.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 08:32:09 am »
When you have to keep telling people you're a good guy, you're not a good guy.

Trump-esque.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 08:57:11 am »

If he'd have cost £1m, rather than £10m, then he possibly would have been.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 09:21:41 am »
Says a lot when I would even forgive Owen.

Please close this thread. Makes me nauseate everytime I think of Houllier's biggest ever mistake.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 09:23:16 am »
The only thing he was world class at in his career was being a c*nt.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 10:07:51 am »
haha sorry to those who want the thread gone, we are not really giving him time of the day or the attention he wants in this "private" forum... he's just a massive bell and it is funny to laugh about him (see my avatar for years now)

Guy actually lives in his own world where he thinks he is some sort of football prodigy.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 10:10:04 am »
It would be funny if Mane came out and said "as a fellow countryman, even I think he's an asshole."

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 10:10:48 am »
Just a small word of warning to posters. In the spirit of consistency anyone found not to be personally abusing him in this thread will be given a short holiday. Ta :wave

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 10:11:58 am »
I have hated very few Liverpool players but this guy is one of them. Absolutely detest him.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 10:12:54 am »
Just a small word of warning to posters. In the spirit of consistency anyone found not to be personally abusing him in this thread will be given a short holiday. Ta :wave
I have hated very few Liverpool players but this guy is one of them. Absolutely detest him.
It's good but you can do better than that Gerry.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 11:09:41 am »
He doesn't deserve a thread

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 04:16:01 pm »
Weapons grade c*nt and a shit footballer to boot.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 04:26:30 pm »
Bellend

Disgrace to the red shirt

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 05:10:22 pm »
Three goals in 55 appearances for us (two in his first home game!), one goal in six matches over his entire club career.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 09:19:40 pm »
Three goals in 55 appearances for us (two in his first home game!), one goal in six matches over his entire club career.

I think he was our first ever number 9 to go a whole season without a league goal. Disgrace that he got to wear that shirt
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2017, 09:25:25 pm »
El who?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2017, 09:26:10 pm »

Southampton at home. I was at that one, thought we had a real poacher on our hands.

Turns out he was just a knobhead.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2017, 10:36:00 pm »
Locked. This will only go one way.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.