Author Topic: The GAA Thread  (Read 634092 times)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
Re: GAA Thread 2012
« Reply #280 on: March 25, 2012, 11:32:35 pm »
Conor Lehane is going to be some player, good performance from him again today, probably didn't really deserve the man of the match to be honest but that'll do his confidence and belief in himself a lot of good.

There was a beuor behind me kept saying "go on Ben" every time he got the ball

Eventually a kid in front of us turned around and said "here girl, have a loan of my program'

Epically funny ;D
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2012, 12:30:12 am »
There was a beuor behind me kept saying "go on Ben" every time he got the ball

Eventually a kid in front of us turned around and said "here girl, have a loan of my program'

Epically funny ;D
;D

To be fair to her there are some similarites between them, both very exciting players.

The number 10 and black helmet wouldn't of helped either haha. Pity Ben isn't staying for another year though.

Future looking bright though.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2012, 03:10:58 am »
There's so much hurling going on around here it would make your head spin, am I the only bastion of Gaelic football greatness ? I suppose it would be fitting as that I'm the only Kerryman as well.

Offline Spirit_of_Istanbul

• 100º Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2012, 09:23:41 am »
Can someone tell me the format for the hurling leagues. Is there a league final so to speak for each division or how does it work? I know there is a relegation playoff in each division just wanted to know about the top. They seems to have changed the format this year?
"There is no one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club."

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2012, 10:03:27 am »
When are we doing one of those draft thingys for this?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #285 on: March 27, 2012, 10:08:08 am »
Can someone tell me the format for the hurling leagues. Is there a league final so to speak for each division or how does it work? I know there is a relegation playoff in each division just wanted to know about the top. They seems to have changed the format this year?

Yeah, there's a final for each division

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #286 on: March 27, 2012, 10:13:36 am »
When are we doing one of those draft thingys for this?
Everyone up for it?

And vote amongst ourselves?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2012, 10:24:06 am »
Everyone up for it?

And vote amongst ourselves?

Yeah, we'll deffo have to vote amongst ourselves. I'm just trying tho think who'll make up the numbers

Me, you, Kerrykop, Corkopite, Lawnmower, and Mackeroo are the only real 'regularish" posters in this thread

We could PM corkboy, MBL, wardides and a few more and tell them to get their ass in gear

Obviously we'd have to let Sarge play or he'll throw a fit. Thats 10 participants there

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2012, 10:26:26 am »
I forgot about Dermot too mon. He'll shtart throwin shlaps if we don't let him in as well

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2012, 10:28:36 am »
Didi?

Himself and KERRYKOP will be a fierce battle, come the voting.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2012, 10:31:05 am »
Yeah didi, he'll pick all Dublin players the fruit

Who else is there? Ashborne red, timmy onions, 51cam, spirit of istanbul?

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2012, 10:47:15 am »
Didi?

Himself and KERRYKOP will be a fierce battle, come the voting.
Me and Didi have patched it up us both being Clondalkinites and all

Good stuff Bill, never done one of these before so I'm not sure how they work. I have the general jest, but might need some clarification.

Are we doing a Hurling and a football team or a mix of both?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:28:55 am by KERRYKOP »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2012, 11:08:25 am »
Out of interest, when shall this be commencing, rough idea?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2012, 12:44:37 pm »
If this commences this week, I'll have to miss it.

A second draft I'll have to pass on, in the space of ten days, due to my jet-set lifestyle.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2012, 01:39:36 pm »
Come on Carlow!

Are we still in it?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2012, 01:50:07 pm »
Out of interest, when shall this be commencing, rough idea?

When Sarge organizes it

Lets start with a football one first, then we can do hurling one after it

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »
Come on Carlow!

Are we still in it?
The hurlers are on course for a divison 2A title, but I'm afraid the footballers are languishing at the bottom of division 4 :(

Have you picked up the new shirt yet?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2012, 09:30:12 pm »
Yeah go on then.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:34 pm »
At least I'll definitely be able to partake in the hurling one.

Would have been fun, schooling all you Gaelic heads, with my vast knowledge of such an inferior sport.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2012, 10:16:42 pm »
Would have been fun, schooling all you Gaelic heads, with my vast knowledge of such an inferior sport.
One could argue that Football is in a far healthier state than Hurling at the moment, the inferior sport has thrown up better games in the last few championship'a for one thing. Just look at the state of the Munster championship, the once Jewell in the hurling crown has seen the frenetic cut and thrust fall to a slow trickle. Was it Waterford or Tipp who won it last year? I'm not sure.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2012, 01:01:48 am »
Overall Gaelic is in a healthier state, but there's still no finer sight in GAA than Kilkenny in September.

Not sure how much I'll be on over the next couple of days but, regarding the GAA draft, if it starts before Friday week, go ahead without me. If it's start Friday week, include me but just put me as last person on the list to pick.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2012, 01:59:23 am »
Yeah I'll play anyway. Sarge, I volunteer you to organise it, you're the best at this sort of thing. 

****hehehe sucker****
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: March 28, 2012, 02:01:13 am »
Yeah I'll play anyway. Sarge, I volunteer you to organise it, you're the best at this sort of thing. 

****hehehe sucker****

"Sarge, will you go get me a cuppa?"

"No"

"Gwaaaan, I'll time ya".

• 100º Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2012, 11:54:10 am »

I'm in if thats possible!
"There is no one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club."

• 100º Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #304 on: March 28, 2012, 12:20:32 pm »
My accumulator for the 4 provinces this year. Comments welcome!!!

Dublin
Kerry
Down
Galway

85/1

Going to do a littel saver too on replacing Down with Tyrone and it's 42/1

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #305 on: March 28, 2012, 01:52:47 pm »
My accumulator for the 4 provinces this year. Comments welcome!!!

Dublin
Kerry
Down
Galway

Have you seen Galway recently? They are shocking, the only hope they have is if Michael Meehan regains fitness and plays the best football of his life. Hard to look past Tyrone after they're run in the league, but as always Ulster is hard to call, Down, Donegal, Derry and Armagh in that order all have realistic chances at it. Kerry and Dublin are the only things approaching a safe bet, but on the other hand its time Dublin lost a Leinster championship and Kerry v Cork is a toss of a coin, so to wrap it up I think that bet is 85/1 for a reason  :D

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #306 on: March 28, 2012, 02:00:31 pm »
No doing it taking part alrighty.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #307 on: March 28, 2012, 07:16:19 pm »
I wouldn't touch the Ulster Championship, too hard to call.

A Dublin/Kerry provincial double would make more sense 

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: March 28, 2012, 10:50:05 pm »
No doing it taking part alrighty.
You're not organising the draft?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2012, 12:04:10 am »
You're not organising the draft?

Correct.
Y.N.W.A.

• 100º Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »
Have you seen Galway recently? They are shocking, the only hope they have is if Michael Meehan regains fitness and plays the best football of his life. Hard to look past Tyrone after they're run in the league, but as always Ulster is hard to call, Down, Donegal, Derry and Armagh in that order all have realistic chances at it. Kerry and Dublin are the only things approaching a safe bet, but on the other hand its time Dublin lost a Leinster championship and Kerry v Cork is a toss of a coin, so to wrap it up I think that bet is 85/1 for a reason  :D

I'm doing it for value to be honest, the draw for Ulster is very favourable to Down if you take a looo at it. Tyrone, Armagh,  and Donegal are all on the other side. They have to play Fermanagh in the 1st round and then winners of Monaghan and Antrim in the semi final. They should get to an Ulster final and then it's anyones. Tyrone do look excellent but I think they have a very tough draw.

If Galway beat Kildare in last league game they are promoted to division 1 so I think they are going alright. Mayo are shite and I think Galway have a chance of beating them in a connacth final.

As I said I'm doing it for value rather than going with odds on favourites. Chances of it coming in are slim but if it does happy days!

I have one going for the league that was 90-1 and it's looking good so hopefully it will happen again..  ;)

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #311 on: March 31, 2012, 06:23:40 pm »
All-ireland Club Football Championship Final -

Result

Crossmaglen Rangers 2-18  1-07 Garry Castle.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: March 31, 2012, 08:32:32 pm »

Whats this now?

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #313 on: March 31, 2012, 09:06:31 pm »
Crossmaglen are a fucking machine
YNWA

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2012, 09:47:35 pm »
Fair bowls to Crossmaglen.They`ve some record to be fair.Year in year out they`re there.Brilliant.

How does this draft work lads?

Im up for it no bother if ye`ll have me.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #315 on: March 31, 2012, 10:11:42 pm »
Fair bowls to Crossmaglen.They`ve some record to be fair.Year in year out they`re there.Brilliant.

How does this draft work lads?

Im up for it no bother if ye`ll have me.

Ask Sarge he is the Draft Master.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: April 1, 2012, 01:04:43 am »
What's this about a draft now? Quick run through would be very helpful.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #317 on: April 1, 2012, 01:56:43 am »
Now that Sarge has put his foot down and decided not to do the draft no one else will pull the finger out.

I would step up myself only I dont know how it works  :P

Dubs getting tonked by Mayo tonight, Sam is heading Wesht mon!

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #318 on: April 1, 2012, 11:59:02 am »
;D No not my fault.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!