Author Topic: Glastonbury 2023  (Read 24111 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: Glastonbury 2023
« Reply #40 on: November 3, 2022, 06:32:59 pm »
me neither, reckon i've probably got more chance of winning the lottery haha

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: November 6, 2022, 08:58:00 am »
Trying for these tickets makes the Liverpool ticketing website seem like a doddle, can never even get in to it

Good luck everyone

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #42 on: November 6, 2022, 09:35:59 am »
I managed to get some!!!

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 6, 2022, 09:37:56 am »
I managed to get some!!!

Well in mate but how?!?!? Been trying the last few years with loads of us with multiple browsers/ devices and can't get in

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #44 on: November 6, 2022, 09:38:02 am »
Well done, good effort

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #45 on: November 6, 2022, 09:41:15 am »
Well in mate but how?!?!? Been trying the last few years with loads of us with multiple browsers/ devices and can't get in

well i had a MacBook and phone, loads of tabs open and wasn't getting anywhere, then around 9.15 i just decided to do one tab on my mac and constantly refresh and then somehow managed to get some! a few hairy moments at the confirm booking page though! thought the site had crashed on me

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 6, 2022, 10:10:58 am »
They need to fuck this see tickets right off! Got through to the details page and put them in dead fast then it crashed. They can get fucked.

Offline cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 6, 2022, 10:16:30 am »
Nothing again :(

Ah well try again next year

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #48 on: November 6, 2022, 10:19:23 am »
They need to fuck this see tickets right off! Got through to the details page and put them in dead fast then it crashed. They can get fucked.

same happened to me but somehow i was able to refresh and get back on to where i was, then it crashed again on the payment page and had to refresh again, honestly thought at that point i wasn't going to get any but it worked!

Anyone know when the line up is out?
« Last Edit: November 6, 2022, 10:21:20 am by LiamG »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 6, 2022, 10:51:40 am »
Probably start getting headliner announcements over the winter. In recent years the major line up announcement is usually just before the balance payments are due to be paid.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 6, 2022, 10:56:49 am »
I’m not even trying in the resale, be arsed with that hassle again. They need to change the system up.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 6, 2022, 11:06:31 am »
A friend got me sorted. I was trying for an hour and didnt get past the blue screen once. Ticketmaster are a lot better at this.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 6, 2022, 11:08:58 am »
Probably start getting headliner announcements over the winter. In recent years the major line up announcement is usually just before the balance payments are due to be paid.

Spoiler
AM, GnR and Elton.
[close]
is the word.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #53 on: November 6, 2022, 12:35:22 pm »
Fucking brutal trying to get tickets, I had a few people trying for us and didn’t get past the holding page. I know about 6 groups which had around 30 people in and not one person got a ticket.

Multiple people claiming they got to the payment page and it crashed on them.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #54 on: November 6, 2022, 01:49:23 pm »
Fucking brutal trying to get tickets, I had a few people trying for us and didn’t get past the holding page. I know about 6 groups which had around 30 people in and not one person got a ticket.

Multiple people claiming they got to the payment page and it crashed on them./b]

very nearly did for me, i had to refresh and hope that i didnt lose them luckily i never

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 6, 2022, 01:55:31 pm »
Not sure why they don't sell them in weekly rounds.

Gives everyone a fair crack at getting tickets.

Anjunadeep sell their tickets in 4 weekly rounds for their events, with a slight increase in ticket price every time the next round is available.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #56 on: November 9, 2022, 08:51:42 am »
As this will be my first ever Glastonbury, anyone got any tips?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 9, 2022, 09:00:41 am »

You'll get over the smell of piss about 4 weeks after you get home. YouTube virtually all the bands you've never heard of, that aren't playing the Pyramid Stage and go see the ones you want. Headliners are just that, there's alway a better story to tell somewhere else. The food options are usually great compared to most other festivals. Look after your mates. Clean up after yourself when you're done. Enjoy.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 9, 2022, 10:26:31 am »

A big empty Lenor bottle !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 9, 2022, 12:04:41 pm »
Ignore the main stages

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 9, 2022, 03:14:17 pm »
Spoiler
AM, GnR and Elton.
[close]
is the word.

That's the speculation at the moment. AM look fairly certain, the rest rumours.

Either way it's a pretty dreadful set of headliners if it turns out to be the case.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 9, 2022, 03:17:13 pm »

Eat well
Get some sleep
Keep hydrated
Do at least one all nighter, preferably 4
Too much alcohol is what fucks you up, there are better alternatives
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 9, 2022, 03:34:21 pm »
Another dreadful rumour has surfaced...

Bon Jovi  ::)

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #63 on: November 9, 2022, 05:42:04 pm »
Try and get there before the music starts and, before you get completely off your tits, take maybe half a day to do a full circuit of the whole site (preferably in daylight). Not only will it give you a sense of the overwhelming variety of stages, entertainment, traders and food, it will help you get your bearings when its dark and you are off your tits.

In particular note things like the HV pylons that run east-west and the Old Railway Line which runs north west to south east. Other things that can be seen from a distance day or night are the Ribbon Tower in the Park to the south of the site, and the neon Worthy FM sign to the north.

Some folk can get a bit overwhelmed, especially after dark, but the stewards for the most part are lovely and will always offer directions and help. Loads have been volunteering at the site for many years and will know every blade of grass.

What sort of time you have will depend on what you are in to - if you want to park your arse in a camping chair in front of the Pyramid for the weekend that's up to you (many do) but never underestimate the smaller and non-music stages - it is where some of the best times can be had - Avalon, Glade, Leftfield, and hell, even Poetry and Words have all been fantastic over the years. And if it is just too hot or too wet, or you need a little lie down to recoup before the evening gets going again, the Cabaret tent is perfect.

Finally I would say don't stress about not being able to do everything you want to. Crowds can make traversing the site difficult, especially if it is wet, so you will almost certainly miss out on some stuff you might have liked to have seen. Just be willing to abandon your best laid plans and dive into a nearby venue or stop off en route if something catches your eye or ear.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 9, 2022, 06:07:44 pm »

It's a marathon not a sprint, there'll be times you'll be completely knackered due to lack or sleep and all the walking, well laid plans will go to waste. Just push through the tiredness and you'll look back with no regrets on what you missed. I had the choice of walking half a mile to see the end of McCartney or heading back to the tent this year when I was absolutely busted. Lifetime regret that one!

If it's your first time, and if you don't think you'll go again, definitely 100% go and see at least one headliner. There is no better outdoor music venue that the Pyramid stage in full flow, headlined by a world class act, it's electrifying.

If you are making a solid plan on what to see, build in some time for things to go wrong, getting lost, dealing with crowds, not being able to find friends. I walked to the acoustic stage this year thinking it was the John Peel (they look identical from afar). Silly mistake and missed half of Phoebe Bridgers because of it.

Getting excited talking about it now!

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2022, 01:43:18 pm »
Make the most of the Wednesday and Thursday exploring the site and the areas of the festival away from the main stages.

Walk up to the Glastonbury sign at the top of The Park but don't turn round to see the view until you reach it.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2022, 07:54:52 am »
Cheers everyone for all the tips! Can't wait to go! it's something i've wanted to do for a very very long time haha

Regarding camping, Which area is the best place for peace and quiet? i'm a bit too old now for being in party central, We were thinking up by the family area

Also, we are getting a coach down  from manchester, any idea how much stuff we can take with us?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 08:25:31 am by LiamG »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2022, 03:41:34 pm »
If your getting the coach down that means you'd come in via Gate A. Camped there a few times and it was fine, never really filled up. Only issue with camping far out is the walk to the main areas, plus A gate is probably the farthest you can get from the naughty corner.

What you can fit onto the coach will be completely up to what the driver allows. Especially as you'd imagine nearly everyone will have a giant backpack and tent to fit in.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2022, 03:46:26 pm »
A gate is probably the farthest you can get from the naughty corner.

I park up right next to the naughty corner, 2 minute walk, which although handy, I actually like an early morning stroll through the site.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2022, 08:44:32 am »
If your getting the coach down that means you'd come in via Gate A. Camped there a few times and it was fine, never really filled up. Only issue with camping far out is the walk to the main areas, plus A gate is probably the farthest you can get from the naughty corner.

What you can fit onto the coach will be completely up to what the driver allows. Especially as you'd imagine nearly everyone will have a giant backpack and tent to fit in.

Which area did you camp in? we were thinking either lime kiln ground or hitching hill ground, But not sure because i've read they are both on slopes?

Also not too fussed if we are that far away from the naughty corner, it's something we will probably one do one night of anyways

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2022, 06:10:41 pm »
Looking at the map we camped in Darble twice which as I mentioned was right by Gate A.

Dairy Ground the first year as we came in via Gate D

2 years we camped at Bushy Ground so not far from the railway line which is great for quickly walking through large parts of the site. However on both occasions friends had wallets stolen from their tents over night (2013, 2017), I'd hope we were just unlucky but I can only suggest trying to sleep with any valuables kept on your person. That's partly on a slope but not too bad. It also filled up quickly on the Wednesday both times.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2022, 09:06:22 pm »
Looking at the map we camped in Darble twice which as I mentioned was right by Gate A.

2 years we camped at Bushy Ground so not far from the railway line which is great for quickly walking through large parts of the site. However on both occasions friends had wallets stolen from their tents over night (2013, 2017), I'd hope we were just unlucky but I can only suggest trying to sleep with any valuables kept on your person. That's partly on a slope but not too bad. It also filled up quickly on the Wednesday both times.

There are lockups in various locations around site, I believe they are free to use.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2022, 08:09:22 am »

Which camping area would you say was the best? i did look at Darble, just assumed it might fill up quite quick?

and yeah we don't plan on leaving our wallets in the tent when we go out

There are lockups in various locations around site, I believe they are free to use.

yeah there is, one even in darble and bushy ground camping areas, not sure if they are free though!

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2022, 10:30:33 am »

yeah there is, one even in darble and bushy ground camping areas, not sure if they are free though!

Property Lock-ups are open 24 hours a day and are free of charge to use. As well as looking after your belongings, the Lock-ups also distribute toilet rolls free of charge.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/property-lock-ups/

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2022, 12:58:43 pm »
Which camping area would you say was the best? i did look at Darble, just assumed it might fill up quite quick?

and yeah we don't plan on leaving our wallets in the tent when we go out

Darble didn't really fill up until the Friday, most early arrivals will want to get further into the festival as possible. Usually by the dance area  or Pennards Hill.

Re the tent thefts my friends were in the tents when their wallets got nicked they'd not just left them in their and gone into the festival.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2022, 02:38:59 pm »
Glastonbury 2023 line up announced

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2022, 11:35:22 pm »
Can't believe no chance are headlining the other stage. Brilliant!

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 2, 2022, 08:20:33 am »
First headliner

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63824422

can't say I'm impressed at all

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 2, 2022, 08:24:59 am »
Personally I may swerve Elton but there's no doubt he's a huge name. First time ever too.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 2, 2022, 08:46:58 am »
Massive name but from what I've seen of his live performances on telly lately they have been half arsed to say the least.