Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2196211 times)

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
Re: Rafa's got the Blues *
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2021, 02:56:27 am »
How can their stadium be iconic when the sewage works is next door? Can’t they see it on all of these pictures? I for one will be flushing my toilet at 3pm on the day they play their first game there ( if I am still alive that is) .

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2021, 07:54:31 am »
On Gerrard. ;D

I thought Alonso was a poor man’s Arteta according to them?

Much like Houllier, when talked about in isolation they’ll say he’s shit. But suddenly becomes brilliant if it can be used as an opportunity to diminish the achievement of someone slightly further up “redshite bastard” rankings.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2021, 10:25:08 am »
To be fair they wouldnt recognise a world class player because theyve never had one. Stephen was most definately world class. It is churlish to suggest otherwise. But in character for a bitter.

No Everton player would get in the top million.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2021, 04:36:20 pm »
To be fair they wouldnt recognise a world class player because theyve never had one. Stephen was most definately world class. It is churlish to suggest otherwise. But in character for a bitter.

Rooney, and if you discount him because his prime was with Man Utd (although his breakthrough was as an Everton player), Southall.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2021, 04:48:27 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2021, 04:56:40 pm »
I thought Alonso was a poor man’s Arteta according to them?

Much like Houllier, when talked about in isolation they’ll say he’s shit. But suddenly becomes brilliant if it can be used as an opportunity to diminish the achievement of someone slightly further up “redshite bastard” rankings.
I remember them saying Alonso was overrated and actually shite when he was here. Now, Gerrard was hanging onto Alonso's coat-tails to garner a reputation.

:lmao :lmao :lmao
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2021, 09:14:16 pm »

Samuel Eto'o
Paul Gascoigne
James Rodriguez
Gary Linekar
David Ginola
Andersen de Silva
Preki

Come on, their history is full of 'greats'
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2021, 09:23:52 pm »
When did the Mersey turn that colour?

Is the colour of the river a big deal in a picture showing a completed stadium though?  ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2021, 09:07:07 am »
Is there nothing these bitter blues won't be outraged by? Mike Parry on GMB this morning absolutely raging about Caravans. CARAVANS! Managed to fit in that he drives a 70k Jag into his rant too. GOBSHITE.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2021, 02:04:10 pm »
Is there nothing these bitter blues won't be outraged by? Mike Parry on GMB this morning absolutely raging about Caravans. CARAVANS! Managed to fit in that he drives a 70k Jag into his rant too. GOBSHITE.
The guy really knows his stuff though, proof...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Cwaf8pyN4
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #290 on: July 30, 2021, 02:28:21 pm »
Samuel Eto'o
Paul Gascoigne
James Rodriguez
Gary Linekar
David Ginola
Andersen de Silva
Preki

Come on, their history is full of 'greats'
🤣🤣🤣 Preki, ffs.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2021, 01:35:47 am »
Ifithadnerbinferthecaravans.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2021, 07:07:35 am »
Ifithadnerbinferthecaravans.
Winner-begos without winner-begos
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2021, 07:11:58 am »
Gerrard was a force of nature, not many in a top 50 list can have that said about him, it’s because he played for us that he’s not held in the esteem that he should well be

Yep. If Stevie had spent his entire career playing for Everton he would be head and shoulders their best ever player, no question. Saying that if he had a 5 minute cameo in the milk cup he would too.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2021, 08:52:12 am »
Winner-begos without winner-begos
Winner-forgoers more like.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2021, 10:16:24 am »
Yep. If Stevie had spent his entire career playing for Everton he would be head and shoulders their best ever player, no question. Saying that if he had a 5 minute cameo in the milk cup he would too.

Or sold him at 18 and then after a career spent winning trophies and kissing the badge of the opposition at Goodison Park, welcomed back a hero in his 30's when he can't run anymore. At least that's what happened to their 'best player' in a generation.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2021, 10:52:05 am »
I saw a massive International Removals wagon with two trailers outside the house Ancelotti had on Hall Road East on Wednesday evening.

Honestly, I'm amazed he needs one of those to take his stuff to Madrid. I thought the most he'd have packed for his stint at the Pit of Despair was an overnight bag. He was never staying there long enough to even need to unpack much more than a fresh pair of boxers and socks.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #297 on: July 31, 2021, 12:10:10 pm »
Maybe he's nicked the contents of their trophy room. Oh, wait, you said a massive wagon, not a cuckoo clock sized shoulder bag...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #298 on: July 31, 2021, 03:25:58 pm »
Maybe he's nicked the contents of their trophy room. Oh, wait, you said a massive wagon, not a cuckoo clock sized shoulder bag...

Don't forget the the Marbella water skiing trophy

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #299 on: July 31, 2021, 07:01:33 pm »
The Esk thinks Everton have broken the proper league’s profitability and sustainability limits..

Would be fucking hilarious if true.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2021, 07:02:27 pm »
I saw a massive International Removals wagon with two trailers outside the house Ancelotti had on Hall Road East on Wednesday evening.

Honestly, I'm amazed he needs one of those to take his stuff to Madrid. I thought the most he'd have packed for his stint at the Pit of Despair was an overnight bag. He was never staying there long enough to even need to unpack much more than a fresh pair of boxers and socks.

Got to take all his red decorations too.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2021, 07:08:51 pm »
Got to take all his red decorations too.
True.  :)

Imagine how many container units Koeman would have needed for his red deccies and Christmas tree.  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2021, 07:11:02 pm »
The Esk thinks Everton have broken the proper league’s profitability and sustainability limits..

What are the caveats?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2021, 07:12:38 pm »

Can't Usmanov sponsor a brick in the ground for another 50 million?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2021, 07:15:04 pm »
Can't Usmanov sponsor a brick in the ground for another 50 million?
Maybe another mega-expensive traffic cone, or option to name one?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2021, 07:23:31 pm »

What would that mean for them?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2021, 10:48:55 pm »

He doesn't appear to have adjusted for the 1 time investment of £30m on stadium naming rights, or the £9m rebate due TV companies. He may have, but I didn't see it on the first pass.

Everton only barely avoided FFP penalties thanks to Covid and creative accounting last year, not sure how long they can keep the charade up without cash injections from Uncle Uzzzy.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2021, 10:59:49 pm »
He doesn't appear to have adjusted for the 1 time investment of £30m on stadium naming rights, or the £9m rebate due TV companies. He may have, but I didn't see it on the first pass.

Everton only barely avoided FFP penalties thanks to Covid and creative accounting last year, not sure how long they can keep the charade up without cash injections  from Uncle Uzzzy.

Are they the transactions that generate a Suspicious Activity Report?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2021, 11:01:21 pm »

If I was that rich, I’d donate all my furnishings etc to a local charity whenever I moved jobs.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: July 31, 2021, 11:02:10 pm »

They’ve lost £250m in two years. Not surprised.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2021, 11:26:41 pm »
Are they the transactions that generate a Suspicious Activity Report?
No, just a one time lump sum (as an option on the naming of the new stadium) that was used to avoid triggering automatic questions over the running of the club. Not so much suspicious as not recurring (unless  Moshirio pumps more cash in). The rebate is from all clubs to TV companies due to loss of TV viewing associated with lockdown etc. So, the clubs got broadcast money for games in 2019, but had to return some of it because of lockdown. Also due to lockdown some of the games were after the period the fiannces were recorded for.

So, the available accounts are for 2019/2020 (i.e. the season Liverpool won the league), but because the league overshot due to lockdown some of the games played at the end of the season were included in the accounts for 2020/21. These won't be available until December 2021, but will be for the period ending June 2021. Revenue from the seven games (£20m) from the end of the 2019/20 will be included in the next set of accounts, and the ESK includes that in his estimates. However, I didn't see him mention a rebate to broadcasters (as they believe closed door games devalued their product) of £9m, though he may have included it.

A potentially more serious ommission is the naming rights money. As the Swiss Ramble explains it; "commercial revenue increased by £35m (86%) from £41m to £76m, comprising sponsorship, advertising & merchandising £64m and other commercial £12m, though this does include once-off £30m payment from USM for stadium naming rights option." That was announced in Jan 2020.

According to the ESK he said "Looking at 2020/21 I have forecast revenues of £210 million (including the broadcast revenue from the final games of the 2019/20 season played after 1 July 2020). "

Turnover for 2020 was £186m, 2019, £187m and £189m for 2018. I think what he has done is added the £20m broadcast money from 2019/20 to the figure for turnover for 2018 and rounded it out to £210m. I could be wrong, it might be more than that. But if he hasn't factored in the £9m rebate and once off payment, it means the figures might be even worse.

I might be getting confused here, someone correct me if I am wrong please.

For anyone looking for the details of the 2019/20 accounts, see the Swiss Ramble thread. 

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1338378124011167744

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #311 on: August 1, 2021, 12:51:39 am »

Christmas Tree (check)
New Blue Christmas (check, will keep just in case)
1 box soundproof cotton wool ear buds (check)
1 Video, History of Everton's golden years (35 minutes) (check)
1 Stuffed racing pidgeon, welcome gift from Dunc (check)
1 box of begging letters from Bill and Mosh, Dec 2019 (check)
1 box of begging letters from Bill and Mosh, May 2021 (check)
1 box of fan mail, Dec 2019 (check)
1 box of hate mail, June 2021 (check)
1 Map of Liverpool, Goodison highlighted (check)
1 Book, Lern Yerself Scouse (check)
1 Book, The Little Book of Essential English Swear Words (check)
1 Map of Liverpool, Halewood highlighted (check)
1 Large Swagbag (check)
108 Blue Superlambananas (check)
1 Book, A Walk from the wild edge (check)
1 Book, Walking Your Blues Away (check)
1 Book, Walking to get your life back (check)
1 Book, A Guided Journal for Mindful Trauma Recovery (check)
1 Book, Restore your Self Esteem (check)
1 Book, An Idiots guide to dealing with Scottish Yobs (check)
1 Punchbag (check)
1 Book, Investing an unexpected windfall (check)
1 Book, An idiots guide to living without success (check)
1 Map, guide to the Old Liverpool Docks (Unopened) (check)
1 Book, A hundred things to do in Liverpool when you've lost the will to live (check)
1 DVD, The Great Escape (check)
1 Photograph Album, The Glory Years (check)
1 CD, Has it come to this, The Streets (check)
1 CD How did it come to this, Take That (check)
1 CD, We gotta get out of this place, The Animals (check)
1 Map of Madrid (unmarked)

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 1, 2021, 08:13:13 am »
As per the Echo today,  Rodriguez is paid over 200k a week,  their biggest earner.  For a player who misses loads of games,  can't run,  prevents a team from playing a pressing game due to him being the outball for the opposition defenders and ultimately was part of a team attack that struck only 47 goals last season... That's a hell of a gig if you can get it.  No chance Benitez wants him around imo,  yet almost no club outside the top few / poorly run top division english clubs like err Everton,  can afford such wages.

I would happily watch a coach I rate manage a team in the Italian third division,  so watching these a bit more isn't a big deal.  It's actually perplexing how a guy who's still only 30 has lost fitness so badly that he moves in a different time zone to the other 19 outfielders in their pre-season games.  Recall doing some digging on Rodriguez when he was linked with Napoli,  apparently lived it up,  party boy lifestyle after Monaco but it's still bizarre.  Even slower players for us like Alonso,  Kuyt still  had the football fitness to keep up the sequence in the press,  to move comfortably at the  pace of the game. Maybe there's a medical issue or something else with Rodriguez.  Looking' cut' for the magazines is distinct from football fitness.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2021, 08:47:20 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #313 on: August 1, 2021, 08:32:22 am »
I remember them saying Alonso was overrated and actually shite when he was here.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

The same Alonso who ran rings around their midfield in the 2006 derby despite the fact we were down to 10 men after Gerrard was sent off?

Xabi fucking wiped the floor with them that day with one arm behind his back. It was actually embarrassing what he did to them

If a supposedly overrated player did that to our midfield I'd keep my mouth shut in the hope it'd never be spoken about again

Not these c*nts though. The just can't help shooting their own arguments in the foot, can they?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #314 on: August 1, 2021, 08:42:36 am »
You should know by now all our players are overrated until the moment they're transferred to some other club, at which point they become one of the best in the world and we'll go into a downward spiral because of their loss
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #315 on: August 1, 2021, 11:49:31 am »
The same Alonso who ran rings around their midfield in the 2006 derby despite the fact we were down to 10 men after Gerrard was sent off?

Xabi fucking wiped the floor with them that day with one arm behind his back. It was actually embarrassing what he did to them

If a supposedly overrated player did that to our midfield I'd keep my mouth shut in the hope it'd never be spoken about again

Not these c*nts though. The just can't help shooting their own arguments in the foot, can they?

They were always saying Arteta was the better midfielder. Then they discovered that not only did Alonso and Arteta live close together but they were boyhood friends growing up together in the Basque region.

Then the paranoia kicked in that RS Alonso was trying to seduce and subvert Arteta to agitate for a transfer and join the hated Reds.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 1, 2021, 11:56:31 am »
They were always saying Arteta was the better midfielder. Then they discovered that not only did Alonso and Arteta live close together but they were boyhood friends growing up together in the Basque region.

Then the paranoia kicked in that RS Alonso was trying to seduce and subvert Arteta to agitate for a transfer and join the hated Reds.

Which he eventually did, despite all their pleadings. Arteta would rather be out on his Arse than stay with the Toffees.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: August 1, 2021, 01:06:35 pm »

I've no idea why the rumour started, but near the end of Alonso's time with us there was some talk of the shite being in for him. Probably started by a Blueshite taxi driver or something. Anyway, I recall shouts from them of, "wouldn't want him here" and "He's shite. Don't want him." "Overrated" Etc...

Funny how easily things change with our bitter cousins, isn't it?
Now, after leaving Liverpool, Alonso was world class and Gerrard clung to his coat-tails in order to bolster his reputation.

I'd say you couldn't make this shit up, but that lot do all the time.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2021, 01:08:26 pm by Son of Spion* »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #318 on: August 1, 2021, 01:14:43 pm »
Gary Cahill is out of contract.. just saying
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 1, 2021, 03:34:49 pm »
Gary Cahill is out of contract.. just saying

Gerrard wants him for Rangers I've read. Rafa v Stevie in a player tug of war?
Jurgen YNWA