Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 388279 times)

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #320 on: July 18, 2011, 09:45:19 pm »
I still need to see the last episode of the 1st series.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #321 on: July 18, 2011, 09:52:47 pm »
lightweight stuff compared to some of the other US imports......lost interest half way through to be honest

I really enjoyed the pilot- I liked the way they showed it over here without ad breaks so it felt more like watching a film. After a couple of episodes though it got a bit too cliched I thought. Still watched it to the end though ;)
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #322 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:54 am »
I really enjoyed the pilot- I liked the way they showed it over here without ad breaks so it felt more like watching a film. After a couple of episodes though it got a bit too cliched I thought. Still watched it to the end though ;)

Which may explain why the producers sacked the entire writing team before the end of the first series?
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: July 23, 2011, 03:45:43 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RwpkWH0rYnk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RwpkWH0rYnk</a>

Looks awesome.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: July 28, 2011, 04:55:36 am »
So Frank Darabont has stepped down and walked away from the show. Not good.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: July 28, 2011, 05:36:24 am »

Bad thing?
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #326 on: July 28, 2011, 10:25:30 am »
So another season without finding silencers for their weapons? These people are too dumb to live, it's the U.S. ffs. Anyway, really looking forward to it.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2011, 11:02:45 am »
So another season without finding silencers for their weapons? These people are too dumb to live, it's the U.S. ffs. Anyway, really looking forward to it.

You do realize the world is coming to an end and everything that they hold dear is gone. The last thing on their minds are silencers and plasma rounds in a world gone bad.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #328 on: July 28, 2011, 12:02:43 pm »

You do realize the world is coming to an end and everything that they hold dear is gone. The last thing on their minds are silencers and plasma rounds in a world gone bad.

Nah, balls to that.

Spoiler
If you're going to return to a huge zombie filled metropolis to rescue some shotguns and a violent, racist redneck, you may as well consider trying to find a gun shop or barracks along the way which might have a few Berettas etc. and some silencers knocking about. As it stands, the best weapon any of them has is that crossbow that redneck B owns and why? Because it doesn't draw attention.
[close]

I'd deffo be putting that on my to-do list.

I half agree with you though. Last thing I'd be looking for are plasma rounds. :P

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2011, 03:10:07 pm »

I'm not so sure it's such a bad thing. I think we're all agreed that the phrase that describes the first season would be "could do better". I know they fired the whole writing team and maybe with Darabont leaving it could give us a clean break. And besides, the guy replacing him was exec producer on most of The Shield and wrote quite a few episodes of it. He clearly knows how to run a show, something Darabont hadn't done before The Walking Dead.

I think it could be a good move for the show. Hope it is, any road.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2011, 03:14:53 pm »
If this is halfway through filming of season 2, I have basement expectations for the first half.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2011, 03:54:19 pm »
Nah, balls to that.

Spoiler
If you're going to return to a huge zombie filled metropolis to rescue some shotguns and a violent, racist redneck, you may as well consider trying to find a gun shop or barracks along the way which might have a few Berettas etc. and some silencers knocking about. As it stands, the best weapon any of them has is that crossbow that redneck B owns and why? Because it doesn't draw attention.
[close]

I'd deffo be putting that on my to-do list.

I half agree with you though. Last thing I'd be looking for are plasma rounds. :P
They already got guns from the police station. In the comic, Rick and Glen went into Atlanta to a gun shop, but the TV show changed it somewhat in the episode called "Guts". Anyway, I don't think silencers are exactly legal to be sold at retail, and in the real world a silencer isn't exactly silent the way we are all lead to believe from gangster, spy shows and Call of Duty. A real life silencer is fairly loud, and the low darting sound you hear in films is a myth. The reason being is that  once a bullet is fired, it causes a mini sonic boom to report back from the bullet, so no matter what you put in front of a gun, you're still going to hear it.

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: July 28, 2011, 03:55:53 pm »
Or they could just use potatoes.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: July 28, 2011, 04:36:19 pm »
I'm not so sure it's such a bad thing. I think we're all agreed that the phrase that describes the first season would be "could do better". I know they fired the whole writing team and maybe with Darabont leaving it could give us a clean break. And besides, the guy replacing him was exec producer on most of The Shield and wrote quite a few episodes of it. He clearly knows how to run a show, something Darabont hadn't done before The Walking Dead.

I think it could be a good move for the show. Hope it is, any road.
Might not be. Hope not anyway. So long as KNB and Nicotero don't fuck off, then the show shouldn't lose any of it's horror element, because I think that's what he's there for other than special effects. There really isn't anyone on the production team that I can see that has any experience with the horror genre.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #334 on: July 28, 2011, 07:44:32 pm »
They already got guns from the police station. In the comic, Rick and Glen went into Atlanta to a gun shop, but the TV show changed it somewhat in the episode called "Guts". Anyway, I don't think silencers are exactly legal to be sold at retail, and in the real world a silencer isn't exactly silent the way we are all lead to believe from gangster, spy shows and Call of Duty. A real life silencer is fairly loud, and the low darting sound you hear in films is a myth. The reason being is that  once a bullet is fired, it causes a mini sonic boom to report back from the bullet, so no matter what you put in front of a gun, you're still going to hear it.

Yeah, I know all that. It's a zombie themed sci-fi show though. If every spy/action movie gets away with tweaking reality, then the The Walking Dead damn well can too!

Hell of a lot more quiet than a 12 gauge like.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #335 on: July 28, 2011, 10:36:56 pm »
Or they could just use potatoes.

Cats make good silencers.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2011, 12:06:21 am »
Yeah, I know all that. It's a zombie themed sci-fi show though. If every spy/action movie gets away with tweaking reality, then the The Walking Dead damn well can too!

Hell of a lot more quiet than a 12 gauge like.

Ah well, if a rotting pile of flesh is after you to bite your bollocks off, you really aren't going to care if you make noise or not. You're going to take the fucker down.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: September 2, 2011, 11:45:46 pm »
The pilot for season two is going to be another hour and a half just like season 1 was.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: September 20, 2011, 10:44:53 am »
Good Old FX HD channel comes through once again. Channel surfing late last night and came across this. Luckily it was Season 1 episode 1.

Absolutley loved it. Gripped already. Episode 2 is on Friday and repeated On Monday nights.

Now my Friday night Dexter viewing on FX has come to an end this will do me just fine.

Long live FX HD!!!

Online DominicQ

• Kopite
« Reply #339 on: September 20, 2011, 07:34:12 pm »
The comic is a lot better than the show. That said, the show is pretty good.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2011, 07:44:30 pm »
The comic is a lot better than the show. That said, the show is pretty good.

aye, i agree. Looks like they'll be following some of the story arcs from the comics in terms of locations which will be good viewing if it turns out as tense as they are.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: September 26, 2011, 10:35:52 pm »
Sorry to harp on about this show, but i have just watched episode 2 of Season 1 and have to say that following on from episode 1 it didn't let me down and was absolutely brilliant.

Episode 3 on Friday can't come quick enough. Only six episodes in total then season 2 starts straight away on FX channel on 21st October. Happy days.

The way the 'Walkers' have been created are brilliant. Every one seems unique and I'm sure the make-up and effects department have won awards for their efforts.

Loved Fridays epsiode when Rick and Glenn covered themselves in the Walker's blood and guts then nervously walked through the masses of walking dead. Real nerve jangling stuff as the walkers sniffed at them. I was willing them on to get to the end of the street without alerting the zombies.

Didn't realize the main character was Egg out of 'This Life' until the other day!!

The original air date of season 2 is 16th October 2011 in the USA.  Means we only get it on FX channel 5 days later which is pretty good.  Usually have to wait 6 months for Dexter to hit our channels in the UK.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #342 on: September 27, 2011, 01:00:43 am »
I agree, Pete. While some thought it weakened as it went on - maybe even me! - it was very enjoyable throughout. Looking forward to season two.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: September 27, 2011, 05:31:55 am »
Does anyone know when Season 2 will get an airing??
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: September 27, 2011, 10:02:01 am »
Does anyone know when Season 2 will get an airing??

Sorry to harp on about this show, but i have just watched episode 2 of Season 1 and have to say that following on from episode 1 it didn't let me down and was absolutely brilliant.

Episode 3 on Friday can't come quick enough. Only six episodes in total then season 2 starts straight away on FX channel on 21st October. Happy days.

The way the 'Walkers' have been created are brilliant. Every one seems unique and I'm sure the make-up and effects department have won awards for their efforts.

Loved Fridays epsiode when Rick and Glenn covered themselves in the Walker's blood and guts then nervously walked through the masses of walking dead. Real nerve jangling stuff as the walkers sniffed at them. I was willing them on to get to the end of the street without alerting the zombies.

Didn't realize the main character was Egg out of 'This Life' until the other day!!

The original air date of season 2 is 16th October 2011 in the USA.  Means we only get it on FX channel 5 days later which is pretty good.  Usually have to wait 6 months for Dexter to hit our channels in the UK.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2011, 10:24:52 am »
I agree, Pete. While some thought it weakened as it went on - maybe even me! - it was very enjoyable throughout. Looking forward to season two.

The lack of a strong guiding hand on the narrative increased the anticipation. There were so many plot points left hanging, you really could not guess what was going to happen next. But they should close at least some of them off in the next season, otherwise it'll end up like Lost...

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: October 5, 2011, 05:41:53 pm »
There's a series of 6 "webisodes" out telling the story of how the bicycle girl that Rick went back to shoot in the first episode came to be. Not the best acting in the world, but the special effects are great. You can find each episode as you go.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/avBSfFArUTM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/avBSfFArUTM</a>

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 16, 2011, 05:32:08 pm »
Back on tonight in The States, and back on over here on Friday.
Don't know wether to wait or download in the morning.....
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Bondred

• Wouldn't know a palindrome from an emordnilap. Hi, I'm Bond. Blames Bond.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: October 16, 2011, 05:33:03 pm »

I can't wait for it
'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #349 on: October 16, 2011, 07:05:20 pm »

Really? Fuck me. Dexter, Homeland, AND The Walking Dead to download and enjoy tomorrow. Fucking sweeeeet.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 16, 2011, 07:52:57 pm »
Going into this season with zero expectations, hoping to be pleasantly surprised(Is that a contradiction?).

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: October 16, 2011, 08:01:35 pm »
Going into this season with zero expectations, hoping to be pleasantly surprised(Is that a contradiction?).

Nah, I'm the same. I was fairly disappointed overall at the end of the last season, especially after the very strong start. But, I'm definitely willing to give it another chance this season with the new writing staff, longer season etc. And the trailers have looked good.

I hope it's great.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: October 17, 2011, 12:18:34 pm »
A Double bill for me on FX HD Friday.

Last episode of Season 1 followed by the start of season 2 straight after.

Happy Days!!!

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: October 17, 2011, 12:44:14 pm »
Been waiting for this for a while definatley downlaoding tonight, am i right that its a 2 hour special?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:50:31 pm by El Zhar 31 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 17, 2011, 12:50:36 pm »
Been waiting for this for a while definatley downlaoding tonight, am i right that its a 12 hour special?

No you're not.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: October 17, 2011, 01:50:04 pm »
No you're not.
Ahh ok that's what i heard a few weeks ago. :(

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: October 17, 2011, 02:18:38 pm »
Ahh ok that's what i heard a few weeks ago. :(

I was responding to your post pre-edit.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2011, 04:10:33 pm »
One thing that always bothers me about the zombie genre, people have said about in this why dont they get silencers for their guns, then the whole back and forth of how available they are, how silent they are etc. But what bothers me is why does no one ever set the fuckers on fire? No petrol bombs, no flame throwers, not even a can of lighter fluid, nothin!

Of course there is the concern that until they cook off they will wander about setting property a light and spreading mass fires, but you could plan it, you get yourself a tank or APC in the middle of a big fuck off field, soak the ground around it with fuel, get a load to chase you to the tank, then drop a match and shut the hatch and wait until they are all crispy.

Anyway, good first ep, lots going on, enjoyed it even with my why dont they just burn the fuckers frustration.

Oh but.........

Spoiler
I was going fucking mental, they broke down with the dodge pick up right in front of them, the back of which was filled with stuff covered by a tarp. I was going mental wanting to know what was in it, two days there and no one looked!!
[close]
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2011, 04:23:41 pm »
I couldn't wait. But I'll still end up watching it on Friday.
Spoiler
I didn't think the hiding-under-car scenario was believable, because I thought they could "get" you just by smelling you. Surely the Walkers would have picked that up? And I had a feeling one of the kids was gonna fuck-up sooner or later.
Still, great episode, and the ending came as a bit of a surprise!
[close]
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2011, 08:21:26 pm »
One thing that always bothers me about the zombie genre, people have said about in this why dont they get silencers for their guns, then the whole back and forth of how available they are, how silent they are etc. But what bothers me is why does no one ever set the fuckers on fire? No petrol bombs, no flame throwers, not even a can of lighter fluid, nothin!

Of course there is the concern that until they cook off they will wander about setting property a light and spreading mass fires, but you could plan it, you get yourself a tank or APC in the middle of a big fuck off field, soak the ground around it with fuel, get a load to chase you to the tank, then drop a match and shut the hatch and wait until they are all crispy.

Anyway, good first ep, lots going on, enjoyed it even with my why dont they just burn the fuckers frustration.

Oh but.........

Spoiler
I was going fucking mental, they broke down with the dodge pick up right in front of them, the back of which was filled with stuff covered by a tarp. I was going mental wanting to know what was in it, two days there and no one looked!!
[close]
I remember when I used to read the Dredd comics as a kid there was a running story in it called Judgement Day that involved zombies. Mega City 1 was surrounded and they used fire to torch them when ammo was running out. Sounds like the logical thing to do, but where do you get the fuel from and the bollocks to do it?