Author Topic: Hurumph  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Hurumph
« on: August 5, 2010, 12:59:14 pm »
Gibbed the auto-ticket scheme as part of the protest against the owners and in an unprecedented move, the club have emailed me and given me a last chance to take it up.

I don't want to give the Yanks the money. But what if we get bought today or tomorrow or next week?

I'm in a quandry what to do now..

Obviously everyone gibbing it has caused the club to change its stance.

What do to? What to do?

If I don't go today that's the first unforced (Sickness/holiday) 'not going to Anfield' I can remember in the last - I don't know.. bloody hell.. probably nearly 20 years.

Bugger. Bugger. Bugger.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Re: Hurumph
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2010, 01:01:43 pm »
Do it, mate. I understand not wanting to give the Yanks money, but you'll still be a fan after they've gone. The takeover is in the end-game now, don't put your future as a fan in jepoardy.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 5, 2010, 01:02:57 pm »
How dirty will you feel if you backtrack and Jabba and growth stick around, mate? Will that outweigh the gutted feelings if we get new owners?

Offline Redguard

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2010, 02:42:53 pm »
Gibbed the auto-ticket scheme as part of the protest against the owners and in an unprecedented move, the club have emailed me and given me a last chance to take it up.

I don't want to give the Yanks the money. But what if we get bought today or tomorrow or next week?

I'm in a quandry what to do now..

Obviously everyone gibbing it has caused the club to change its stance.

What do to? What to do?

If I don't go today that's the first unforced (Sickness/holiday) 'not going to Anfield' I can remember in the last - I don't know.. bloody hell.. probably nearly 20 years.

Bugger. Bugger. Bugger.

I think that we're all a bit wiser and realise that nothing is finalised until the deal is done......

China’s CIC denies interest in Liverpool FC

A spokesperson for China Investment Corp, the country’s main sovereign wealth fund, told the Financial Times on Thursday they had never heard of a plan to buy Liverpool or of Kenneth Huang, the man widely reported to be fronting a Chinese bid to buy the English Premier League club......

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5db97946-a084-11df-a669-00144feabdc0.html?ftcamp=rss

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2010, 07:21:26 pm »
Well. Never renewed it. At home now. Feel very strange seeing Anfield and me not in my ST seat.

Just hope it's going to be worth it.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Redguard

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: August 5, 2010, 10:03:53 pm »
Well. Never renewed it. At home now. Feel very strange seeing Anfield and me not in my ST seat.

You're not alone... there are thousands of us. well done mate.

Offline fatherjack

• Anny Roader
  • Keep the faith and Walk On.
« Reply #6 on: August 5, 2010, 10:27:45 pm »

Proud of you mate and there where quite a few empty seats there tonight so you are far from alone in taking this stance. :wave
SOS member 3252

LiverpoolFC............Did you think we would leave you dying?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7 on: August 5, 2010, 10:47:26 pm »
Still pissed off about it though :(

Offline Redguard

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: August 6, 2010, 01:02:07 am »
Still pissed off about it though :(

Understandable though, we're all gutted. However, you're not alone. You ultimately have joined the lads who have decided to fight for their beliefs and put individual agendas secondary. YNWA.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 6, 2010, 01:47:55 am »

If it's any consolation Andy I sat there feeling like I didn't belong for the first time in my life....wishing I'd stayed at home.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #10 on: August 6, 2010, 02:23:26 am »

:thumbup
didnt go myself.
normally do to this sought of game.
Saved thirty quid,felt fucking brilliant...enjoyed watching it on the box,no hastles getting home blah blah.
Oh and got a cuppa in at half time too...
joking aside,it was a bit frustrating coz it was an enjoyable atmosphere an all that ,but still glad i didnt go all up.
Was suprised there was that many there to be truthfull....30,000 they said on the telly.
thats probably a couple of hundred grand short of a million in a slimy arse pocket....ahhh well
Maybe if we dont sell to a goodun by next year,we can abandon all support?

on the football front,so many positives to take out of that one.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2010, 02:26:18 am by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline OOT'erConnie

• ...but I'm alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: August 6, 2010, 02:41:54 am »
I'm happy to have avoided that tonight to be honest. I was a little annoyed at myself at about 6pm but by 10 I was glad.

If it's any consolation Andy I sat there feeling like I didn't belong for the first time in my life....wishing I'd stayed at home.

I can imagine.

Offline jeremyh94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: August 6, 2010, 11:27:11 pm »
The absolutely bottom line is that it is quite good to have a different seat for cup games. If you go the auto option you always get the same seat.
The next-to-bottom line is that we should do just something to make the administrators realise we are not just sheep.
There is a top line too, but I have forgotten what it is.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #13 on: August 6, 2010, 11:50:53 pm »
You have to wonder if the auto cup scheme boycott and the attendance last night had an effect on this or not.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kids-europa-tickets-5-pounds

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: August 6, 2010, 11:51:47 pm »
The absolutely bottom line is that it is quite good to have a different seat for cup games. If you go the auto option you always get the same seat.
The next-to-bottom line is that we should do just something to make the administrators realise we are not just sheep.
There is a top line too, but I have forgotten what it is.

You don't get the same seat.  My seat has been taken by the 'European Family' in the last few yrs for Champs Lge games and I got shunted to a corner of the cent stand.

Funnily enough this never happened in the Europa last term.

Wouldn't know about this term, as won't be going.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 7, 2010, 12:04:10 am »
I wanted to boycott but my mate renewed on his card and automatically put me down for the autocup as we'd always been in it and as he was  doing me a big favour had to accept it. I totally wanted to boycott but no point after it's been paid for. I'll be honest, I felt like a scab going the match last night, when the usual suspects started groaning when ever Lucas touched the ball. I looked around and thought to myself, what the fuck am I doing here, felt like an outsider at Anfield last night, surreal An outsider after literaly decades of being part of something so special and different.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 7, 2010, 10:49:50 pm »
Like most people at about 7 o'clock. felt gutted that I wasn't there but felt glad I hadn't caved in after the game. Don't have a season ticket but not missed a European game at home for years.
Haven't renewed me membership yet but managed to get tickets for Arsenal, felt pissed right off on the first day of sales, had the eleven credits & thought I had no chance in the general sale or late availability, what ever the fuck its called now. So happy days, £60 saved for the Mrs & my membership.
The day they fuck off, is the day I'll rejoin. Roll on.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 8, 2010, 11:15:11 pm »
spent a lot of time on here getting to know the board,,A quote stuck me some days ago but ill be damned if i can find it,,

''they didnt change the club,they changed the fans''
or something along those lines,,tough choicee but an honourable one you made Andy..

Lets hope the quote doesnt come true,,,,Fickleness is a real sign of the times
bollocks