Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2514394 times)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #361 on: December 4, 2014, 03:07:34 pm »
you wouldnt get the return on this work in 20 years so i think you are right.  Not sure there will any need to move. 
particularly when the kop and centenary stands are not that old

Liverpool are so shite we get a digger when we needed a spade! :P

whats this got to do with John Barnes
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: December 4, 2014, 03:17:12 pm »
Woohooo!  ;D

Should there be a thread about this in the main forum?

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 4, 2014, 03:28:41 pm »

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #364 on: December 4, 2014, 03:31:19 pm »
whats this got to do with John Barnes
Well we've got him building our new stand when we need him out there on the pitch! :P

Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #365 on: December 4, 2014, 03:45:10 pm »
It`s gonna look freakin phenomenal. Shame that pitch wont be bigger though.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 4, 2014, 04:00:15 pm »
anyone rip that 2:43 long video from the site. browser not playing it here properly.

Offline webby1982

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #367 on: December 4, 2014, 04:02:13 pm »
This thread is definitely going to be a must read over the next couple of years. Fascinating how they are going to build it.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #368 on: December 4, 2014, 04:05:36 pm »
Can't quite believe it's finally happening after all this time :)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #369 on: December 4, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »
Very nice to hear

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #370 on: December 4, 2014, 05:15:51 pm »
After all the years, FINALLY!  ;D
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: December 4, 2014, 05:36:54 pm »
anyone rip that 2:43 long video from the site. browser not playing it here properly.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qjP3iucjAdk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qjP3iucjAdk</a>

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #372 on: December 4, 2014, 05:54:46 pm »
Does anyone know whether the capacity will be reduced next season during building works?

That's my question too. I haven't read anything confirming either way, but maybe I haven't read the right things.

Presumabely they will build up behind the main stand and then so the work pulling it together in the summer.
We're on our way to glory...

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #373 on: December 4, 2014, 05:58:26 pm »
The plan is to only carry out work that reduces capacity during the summer, so no loss in capacity at all.

That video is really good, is good to see how they're going to do it around the current stand. Shows a few more details (presuming that's closer to what we'll see built) than a few of the pics too.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #374 on: December 4, 2014, 06:11:40 pm »
Great news.

Fascinating video, showing them building behind the main stand then doing all the joining over the summer.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 4, 2014, 06:22:07 pm »
That's my question too. I haven't read anything confirming either way, but maybe I haven't read the right things.

Presumabely they will build up behind the main stand and then so the work pulling it together in the summer.

I'm certain I've read before that capacity won't be affected. Maybe on this thread but wouldnt know where to look.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #376 on: December 4, 2014, 07:12:12 pm »
Anfield stadium development: We won't raise ticket prices to pay for it, says Ian Ayre

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/anfield-stadium-development-wont-raise-8228244 (pics and video in link)

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #377 on: December 4, 2014, 07:15:02 pm »
I'm certain I've read before that capacity won't be affected. Maybe on this thread but wouldnt know where to look.

Yeah Im sure I saw it on one of the initial Q&As. They have two 3-month windows to do all the capacity reducing work. I guess it's possible that we won't play an Anfield friendly before the start of next season (15/16).
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online mjk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #378 on: December 4, 2014, 07:20:14 pm »

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #379 on: December 4, 2014, 07:48:05 pm »
Is the Anny Road development just a maybe? Main Stand development basically gets us level with St James' Park. Not exactly something to do cartwheels over if we're not guaranteed the further development.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #380 on: December 4, 2014, 07:54:03 pm »
Is the Anny Road development just a maybe? Main Stand development basically gets us level with St James' Park. Not exactly something to do cartwheels over if we're not guaranteed the further development.

Depends if you view the capacity figure as a dick swinging contest or the redevelopment to be something which is financially beneficial to the club and to a level which gives the best return.

For what it's worth, we have outline planning for the Anny Rd and will be dependent on if demand is there at the required price points to make it a viable option.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #381 on: December 4, 2014, 08:07:32 pm »
Depends if you view the capacity figure as a dick swinging contest or the redevelopment to be something which is financially beneficial to the club and to a level which gives the best return.

For what it's worth, we have outline planning for the Anny Rd and will be dependent on if demand is there at the required price points to make it a viable option.

The Main Stand should look boss when it's done and the extra matchday revenues are needed and it should pay for itself within a few years as long as we're not back to being 7th for a few years and demand doesn't fall off a cliff.

What it will do is make the other 3 stands look outdated and small
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #382 on: December 4, 2014, 08:24:05 pm »
The 114m loan to build it is an interest-free loan from FSG which will be paid back within the next 5.5 years at 20m per year. Wonder how that will affect our transfer funds?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #383 on: December 4, 2014, 08:27:35 pm »
Half will probably come from naming rights of the redeveloped main stand.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: December 4, 2014, 08:32:02 pm »
The 114m loan to build it is an interest-free loan from FSG which will be paid back within the next 5.5 years at 20m per year. Wonder how that will affect our transfer funds?

I'm pretty sure i've heard on here it won't.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #385 on: December 4, 2014, 08:32:53 pm »

Where are those figures from?

I imagine a huge chunk will be naming rights, and the rest will well be covered by the increased revenue (let's not forget it is adding a huge amount of corp seating.)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #386 on: December 4, 2014, 08:35:05 pm »
That might be big enough to cast a bigger than normal shadow over Goodiso.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 4, 2014, 08:38:24 pm »
Digger in the ground in five days.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #388 on: December 4, 2014, 08:39:15 pm »

The Guardian's article about todays news, speculates that the club expect to get a £10 million naming rights deal for the stand and expect matchday revenues to go up by £20 million per season, so it may be a case of the extra revenue each season will payback the loan for the next 5 years, so there won't be any hit to our transfer funds from were they currently stand, but it would be 6 years before we see the benefit of the extra £20 million per season, personally if thats how it works out i am happy enough.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/04/liverpool-new-main-stand-anfield-corporate-seats

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #389 on: December 4, 2014, 08:50:24 pm »
Does anyone know whether the capacity will be reduced next season during building works?

Video here

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/stadium/stadium-expansion/21st-century-anfield

Showing how it will be constructed.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/175618-lfc-confirm-anfield-stadium-expansion

"There has been a tremendous amount of work done to get us where we are today but this is just the beginning. This is a major construction project which will take place during the football season and while we will make every effort to minimise any impact or disruption to normal operations, we ask for the continued support and understanding from our fans and the local community.

= we should expect at least a slight reduction in capacity at some point, especially when the new structure is to be joined to the old one. It has to be completed DURING 2016-2017 season, therefore the jointing is not going to happen next summer, as it should happen towards the end
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 4, 2014, 08:54:38 pm »
The Guardian's article about todays news, speculates that the club expect to get a £10 million naming rights deal for the stand and expect matchday revenues to go up by £20 million per season, so it may be a case of the extra revenue each season will payback the loan for the next 5 years, so there won't be any hit to our transfer funds from were they currently stand, but it would be 6 years before we see the benefit of the extra £20 million per season, personally if thats how it works out i am happy enough.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/04/liverpool-new-main-stand-anfield-corporate-seats

I'd guess we will also be having sponsors on other aspects of the stand. If we can pay back the new stand in 5 years that would be brilliant.

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #391 on: December 4, 2014, 09:00:42 pm »
Try day after the Basel game if I was a betting man
Cough ;)
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: December 4, 2014, 09:00:49 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qjP3iucjAdk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qjP3iucjAdk</a>
Smart that.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 4, 2014, 09:41:43 pm »
Cough ;)

You got something in you're throat there mate? It's as well I didn't put any bets on using your info or I'd have lost money.Day after the Basle game is WWednesday, not Monday.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #394 on: December 4, 2014, 09:43:01 pm »
More comments from Ian Ayre which seem to back up what i posted earlier

The cost of the redevelopment has been funded internally by owners Fenway Sports Group in the form of a loan which will be paid back over five years.
Ayre also expects new sponsorship opportunities to be generated by the stand with the possibility of naming rights for all or parts of the stand likely.
And while crippling debt under the previous regime of Tom Hicks and George Gillett took the club to the brink of administration, there will be no impact on squad strengthening.

"The funding has been put in place by the owners, we haven't gone outside, and it will come in as a loan and that is great news because it minimises the cost and allows us to move very quickly," he added.

"It is an effective way rather than going to a bank and paying escalating interest prices.

"It shouldn't affect squad development as we built this economic model on the basis it was important to find a solution where we could maintain our level of investment throughout the build.

"It can only improve once the construction is finished and the money is paid (off) then it is additional revenue so it is additional revenues to invest in the team.

"It shouldn't have any negative effect on investment in the football team.

"That is why we do this. We obviously want more of our fans to come through the door each week but we want to compete at the highest level with our biggest competitors.

"They have a bigger capacity and therefore bigger revenue so can invest bigger amounts so this is one of the final pieces in the jigsaw for us."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #395 on: December 4, 2014, 09:49:42 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Humperdinck

• Kopite
« Reply #396 on: December 4, 2014, 10:00:06 pm »
Cant wait!! Well in to the owners.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #397 on: December 4, 2014, 10:26:37 pm »
Woohooo!  ;D

Should there be a thread about this in the main forum?

Rather than the Stadium forum? It's in here so it gets the attention it deserves.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: December 4, 2014, 10:34:32 pm »
Some eye watering prices for the hospitality packages

http://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/contact-forms/hospitality-seasonal-packages

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: December 4, 2014, 11:01:57 pm »
I'd guess we will also be having sponsors on other aspects of the stand. If we can pay back the new stand in 5 years that would be brilliant.

Another thing is, if I understand FFP, the repayment of that loan will not be taken into account when calculating if we are breaking even. So in effect, we can overspend by £20m and not get punished for it, as the stadium is bringing in an extra £20m, but it won't be counted going back out to pay for the loan  :)