Author Topic: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...  (Read 134670 times)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2010, 08:59:21 am »
In Rafa We Trust

As mentioned previously by all sane people, he has done alot of good for us in the last 5 years, overachieved if anything and now because of his own success he is being shot down, it's insane! people with no perspective, I am glad there still a few of us who can see the man has Liverpool FC's interests at heart and I know he wants us to turn this around!! give him the time! if anyone can do it, it's Rafa!

best of luck Raf

Offline arnott237

• Kemlynite
  • Magic Hat
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2010, 09:02:15 am »

The injuries to our two greatest offensive threats all season don't reveal his weaknesses. They reveal what thin squad he was able to fashion into a steely side that was feared in the CL and in the league.

Absolutely spot on.
Great post.
"...maybe we score it will be different. we score... it was different"

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2010, 09:06:08 am »

Agreed, the disrespect disgusts me. It's at par with what rival fans say about Rafa. Should be ashamed of themselves, these so-called 'fans'.

RAWK has taught me a lot about the Liverpool way. Hope to learn more about this fine club and institution that is built on Shankly's ideals.
C'est la vie.

Offline arnott237

• Kemlynite
  • Magic Hat
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2010, 09:08:13 am »
everyone is entitled to their opinions, thats what forums are for to discuss.

Dont go insulting people just because you dont agree

Sorry if I've upset you. But if you look at the earlier posts you see I'm not the only one. Not an excuse, and point taken.
Having said that the original post asked for positivity only so you do have to question the motives of posting those opinions, to which he is entitled, on this particular thread when there are plenty of others to chose from. It seems fairly clear it was posted to wind people up, and clearly it worked. You reap what you sow.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:15:47 am by arnott237 »
"...maybe we score it will be different. we score... it was different"

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2010, 09:09:37 am »
anyway to register our support for rafa?
this is probably his most difficult time so far..
White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2010, 09:09:52 am »
There's not a great deal I can do to help Rafa but I can support him and the team during this shitty time.

I will support him at the match, when anybody asks me what I think I'll support him and when they think I'm mad well I'm still supporting him 100%

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2010, 09:10:03 am »
Rafa is the best manager we've had at the club for twenty years. FULL STOP.

The media don't like him because he doesn't pander to twats like Ferguson and he clearly despises the media in entirety. He is too clever for them and they don't like it. He also doesn't play along with them. They hate that.

He's taken us from a laughed at team in domestic and European competition to a team that's feared in Europe and one challenging for the league title.

If he goes, then we may be waiting 20 years for the next great manager.

As I've said before though in this day and age of 'fans' and supposed 'supporters' - he probably will get kicked into touch and then they'll be bleating about the 'yes man' the idiotic owners have installed to do their bidding without rocking the boat.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2010, 09:23:01 am »

The media don't like him because he doesn't pander to twats like Ferguson and he clearly despises the media in entirety. He is too clever for them and they don't like it. He also doesn't play along with them. They hate that.

He's taken us from a laughed at team in domestic and European competition to a team that's feared in Europe and one challenging for the league title.

If he goes, then we may be waiting 20 years for the next great manager.

As I've said before though in this day and age of 'fans' and supposed 'supporters' - he probably will get kicked into touch and then they'll be bleating about the 'yes man' the idiotic owners have installed to do their bidding without rocking the boat.

Good man, well said.
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline andrew1978

• Kopite
  • The Truth we all knew now known by all. RIP 96
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2010, 09:25:40 am »
sat down for chelsea pens.
his comments re: a certain newspaper
resigning Robert Bernard Fowler
Istanbul and Athens. and all the other european nights, olympiakos, Juve, Chelsea, Inter, Barça, Arsenal, prob forgotten a couple!
sigining world class players in, Torres, Alonso, Reina, Masch, Morientes (ok flopped here but still)
Making us a force in Europe again.
Making us dare to believe again
DOING ALL THE ABOVE with no money waring owners or both.

But most of all the fact Rafa just gets us, Liverpool the club, the city and the Fans, and we can't forget that just because we've had a rough ol' season SO FAR

In Rafa I will always Trust

All of the above
Where once we watched King Kenny Play.....And Could He Play

Offline barneyk100

• Main Stander
  • Our lads have come from all over the place
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2010, 09:26:42 am »
Would not want anyone else here. A man with dignity, class, a fine father, tactical acumen, steely determination to keep on fighting despite the pathetic sniping of lesser men who jerk their knees when things get a bit tough.

Luckily, and I believe this, he looks at a players attitude as well as their ability when he brings them to a club. We don't have players who will jump ship just because things got a bit rough for a few months.

It's not that in Rafa I Trust (though I do), it's that I trust in the strength of character of those that matter.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2010, 09:34:56 am »
Someone posted a rumour about Hiddink - exactly the sort of fan, media friendly 'yes man' who you describe there, a thought so depressing I find myself half beleiving it will happen.

So many people want to see us use 'tried and tested methods'. Don't these people get that there's other teams using those methods already, who have more money than us, and better players to do them with?

Rafa is a true original, an innovator. In terms of skills needed to do the kind of impossible job he's been tasked with here, there is no-one else who comes remotely close to being as suited as the man we already have in charge. The only others like him are a young breed of interesting mangers, several of whom cite Rafa as one of their main influences.

It's like our prize is on a very high shelf - our rivals have massive ladders that reach that shelf. What are we going to do? Hiddink, though I've no doubt he could motivate us short term to top 4, say, is the equivalent of buying a shorter ladder because that's all we can afford.

Rafa is trying to build us a jet pack. Yes, it's difficult. Yes, it looks stupid when it goes wrong. Yes, it's complicated and harder to understand than a ladder. But what choice do we have? The other option is to basically just give up on the prize, and settle for the shelves below, all of which are well stocked with mediocrity.

We should be giving Rafa whatever tools he asks for. Instead, he's been trying to build that jet pack with components for a ladder. He's finally got the owners to accept the need for the jet pack, and now they won't give him the money for it - money they did give to incompetent cowboy ladder builder Parry.

Yet instead of taking a step back and seeing the bigger picture, backing our rocket man and taking aim at our owners, we're on the verge of forcing him out, replacing him with some over-rated ladder afficionado, and once again shooting ourselves in both feet with a fucking machine gun, the kind of insane decision making that has characterised our utter joke of a board for two decades now.

Two fucking decades, and in all that time, the only one who really scaled the heights, showed us how pretty the view is from up there again is Rafa Benitez - the only one who's brought home one of the big two our legend is built on. The only one who's put a mark in the history books that will live on alongside our true greats.

Are these people going to show an ounce of contrition, of 'mea culpa'...are they going to learn from this and apply the lessons if the fear's of Rafa's fans are proved correct? Are they fuck. They're going to take aim at the next poor bastard while telling all and sundry about how stupid we were to let Rafa go in the first place.

As for Rafa himself, he'll take some time out, recover from the emotional pain, take stock, pick the best of the slurry of offers he will inevitably get as the most highly rated manager in Europe (and he is, outside of Britain fans and media rate him as numero uno, the big kahuna - he will be inundated with offers from the very biggest, Inter, with the media love spud moron in charge, would sack him in an instant to get Rafa, because Moratti craves what Rafa is more likely than anyone else to get him - CL glory), he will set conditions, and finally get the backing he needs - not so much financial but just to be left to do what he needs to do his way without bullshit - and I would bet that he will build that club into something huge, something that will make him a living legend with the fans of that club, just like he is to Valencia's fans, and (thankfully still) to many of ours.

The media will respond to this with a bout of the collective amnesia they do so well, and use Rafa's success and his successors lack of it as yet another stick to beat us with, while probably mounting another hysterical campaigng to get our new man out. Why? Because it sells and because they can.

Fuck that. Rafa is the man, and I really hope we don't all realise just how much the man he is only after he's left.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline stoop

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2010, 09:46:12 am »
It's like our prize is on a very high shelf - our rivals have massive ladders that reach that shelf. What are we going to do? Hiddink, though I've no doubt he could motivate us short term to top 4, say, is the equivalent of buying a shorter ladder because that's all we can afford.

Rafa is trying to build us a jet pack. Yes, it's difficult. Yes, it looks stupid when it goes wrong. Yes, it's complicated and harder to understand than a ladder. But what choice do we have? The other option is to basically just give up on the prize, and settle for the shelves below, all of which are well stocked with mediocrity.

We should be giving Rafa whatever tools he asks for. Instead, he's been trying to build that jet pack with components for a ladder. He's finally got the owners to accept the need for the jet pack, and now they won't give him the money for it - money they did give to incompetent cowboy ladder builder Parry.

Quite possibly the funniest analogy I've read in a long time. And something I agree with 100%. Good post.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2010, 09:48:30 am »
Proper quality, couldn't want for more from a manager. Needs better support from the club and fans at this moment in time and i'm sure he'll pull us through this mess. Also by all accounts he's a gent off the pitch as well.

Mr Benitez i look forward to seeing you in our dug out next season and for further seasons in the future.

In Rafa we trust!!

Apparenty the scum held a poll and 90% of supporters want him out. I suspect that 90% only represents 10% or less of our support as we all know not to read the scum!!
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2010, 09:51:15 am »
100% behind the boss as always.

The problem is in the players heads.  People point to Xabi as the reason we're not the same team and I agree with that but not for the same reason.  He's the first key player to choose to leave under Rafa's reign and thats damaged the belief in the team on top of that you could add the masch situation.  You could point to other departures like Crouch, Keane etc but they left because they were only seen as squad players.  A similar thing happened to Arsenal when Flamini and Helb left the club they fell apart.  The belief will eventually come back into the team and we will once again start making a mockery of teams ala Real and the mancs back in March.

Keep doing your job Rafa son we will get through this.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2010, 09:51:49 am »
I hope he can turn it round but, from what I've seen of late are players (ie torres and Gerrard) not looking interested and when they don't play LFC don't play.  He has a big job to do to get his 'Stars' playing for him again.  I think Torres has wrote this season off and is thinking about getting himself totally fit for South Africa and so has Gerrard.

some people on here are saying that it's post 2005 supporters who are on Rafa's case, maybe it's the other way round and its the ones who can remember great managers in the past building on their success and not living on it.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2010, 09:57:17 am »
100% behind Rafa, not only do I admire him for his knowledge of the game, but also for the way he conducts himself as a representative of Liverpool Football Club.

This is a truly terrible time for us, but with unity and support we will get through it.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2010, 10:00:58 am »
Quite possibly the funniest analogy I've read in a long time. And something I agree with 100%. Good post.
Cheers feller. I've been rather chuffed with my analogies recently, glad you enjoyed it. God knows we could all do with a smile right now. ;)

Offline kenny78

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2010, 10:08:15 am »
100% behind our manger

YNWA

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2010, 10:11:36 am »

The media are exhibiting the most insidious bullying I've come across towards a football manager.

I support Rafa the man and manager 100%.

I just wish the players had the fight and loyalty they need to get us out of this. I am utterly disgusted with their attitude as much as I am with mob mentality of the media.
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2010, 10:15:02 am »
It is sickening how quickly some of our "fans" have turned, they are so naive if they think getting another manager in will be the answer so quickly.

We came very close last season and we will go close again with a few quality additions to the squad, we are a good team with a fantastic manager who gives his all.

Look what we have achieved under Rafa with massive off the field issues and limited funds he has my upmost respect and he deserves yours too.

Some of our "fans" need their fucking head checking if we loose Rafa who knows how long itll be before we are able to attract another manager as great as himself, who would give everything he has and puts up with the shite he does.

Said it before but Rafa, keep going!

Ra-ra-ra-Rafa Benitez
PSN:lr3487

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2010, 10:22:38 am »
No other manager would have brought us what he has brought us for 5 years. No other manager.

Who could have taken that team to Istanbul...
Then taken us to the finals again?

Who could have beaten 'the great one' so many times?

Who could have brought us Torres for that price?

Who could have kept things steady during one ownership change, two owners feuding and trying to sell their halves of the team to buyers anywhere they can find them, and a financial crisis that impoverishes the owners and so the team?

Who would have stuck to his guns while the owners talked to other managers about his job?

Who would have fought the owners to get control of the academy during his contract talks and maybe produce a player of quality from it for a change?

Who would have fought Stevie G to get him to play right, so he could score buckets of goals and then get him to play behind Torres for such great effect?

Who would have summoned the crowds at Anfield to make our home ground feared? Who would have thought that much about every detail, every edge?

Answer: Nobody else could have done all that.

The injuries to our two greatest offensive threats all season don't reveal his weaknesses. They reveal what thin squad he was able to fashion into a steely side that was feared in the CL and in the league.

We had our greatest season in a long long time last season. Why? He put Gerrard and Torres together up front. It was his idea. I don't expect us to duplicate that without Torres and Gerrard.

Some of you cry babies want to change because he spoiled you. We have been spoiled. We have fought above our weight class dispatching the AC Milans, Juventus, Real Madrids, Barcelonas, Chelseas, etc. of this world. All these teams are rich. We are not. We didn't out-spend these teams...we out-managed them.

I love Rafa for what he has brought us. And what he will bring us.

I want to see what his Academy has in store for us. I want to see what his youngsters have in store for us. We have already seen Insua, Ngog and Lucas step-up. We have Darby, Kelly and Ayala thrown into action briefly, but they performed well. I want to see the result of all that. Then there is Pacheco, Ecclestone, Nemeth...

I want to see Rafa's Liverpool in the future.

To all of you who want to sack Rafa I have 3 things to say:

We won't win the league this year, get over it. The media picked us because it would have made a better story than Man U or Chelsea yet again. But it won't be us. Have a good cry and get on with life.

Sacking Rafa won't turn this into a successful season and won't make us favourites to win it all next season.We'll have to wait another 4 years if we are lucky. And we won't keep Torres.

Find an outlet Go to some politics, movie or restaurant site and piss all over their site. That's what they iare there for. That is not what RAWK is here for.

this! top post, mate.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2010, 10:29:13 am »
We have had a terrible, terrible amount of bad luck with injuries, decisions going against us (Sunderland/stupid beach ball) and a loss of confidence amongst our players....its probably the worst I have seen in year's but its not the end of the world.

We are afterall Liverpool football club..we hang in there, support our own and stand with the manager and players when times are tough.

That makes us what we are..and why we are different from those other clubs.

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2010, 10:36:22 am »
Class post, sad story, says it all really.

I think that's what does it for me, and has utterly cemented my hatred for the media in this country - it's not the criticism, it's the fucking disrespect. The cheap jokes, the pathetic jibes and name calling. The total bullshit about, for example, him being a sore loser - all of this shit true only in the media, none of it, NONE, from Rafa himself.

Like, number of times I've heard Rafa blame others for bad results, or make shit excuses = 0
Number of times I've heard him even point to other factors or mention refs = rarely.
Number of times I've heard fans say stuff like 'I'm sick of his excuses' = so many that it is almost beyond belief.

Sadly, as an OOT, the last two seasons have seriously tarnished my romantic image of the LFC and it's 'knowledgable' fans, an image that thankfully this site always helps repair with it's selection of awesome Auld' Arses, passionate supporters from all around the world, and a new generation of dyed in the wool scousers (or even desperate to be scouse wools :P ) who show me regularly that the flame Shankly lit still hasn't gone out. It may be guttering, but it's still burning. For which I'm very thankful, because to me and others like me this isn't something we're born into, but something that has sucked us in and kept us trapped, and the force that sucked us in goes a long way beyond football, though football is of course right at the heart of it.

It's something that Rafa gets, gets completely. It's something that even a decent man like Houllier did not get in the same way, and it's something we have no real chance of replacing. It's also that which makes me so livid at the disrespect he gets shown from all too many fans.

Outstanding post HBHR
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2010, 10:40:11 am »
These figures are interesting. League Game to win ratio of all recent LFC Managers..

Bill Shankly 52.38%
Bob Paisley 56.08%
Joe Fagan 52.38%
Kenny Dalglish 60.71%
Graeme Souness 40.87%
Roy Evans 48.26%
Gerard Houllier 50%
Rafa Benitez 56.19%
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2010, 10:43:32 am »
These figures are interesting. League Game to win ratio of all recent LFC Managers..

Bill Shankly 52.38%
Bob Paisley 56.08%
Joe Fagan 52.38%
Kenny Dalglish 60.71%
Graeme Souness 40.87%
Roy Evans 48.26%
Gerard Houllier 50%
Rafa Benitez 56.19%

No one's interested in stats like these Andy, unless it's about the 250 million pounds the boss has thrown down the drain.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2010, 10:47:05 am »
I have avoided coming on here recently due to the ignorant shite that seems to dominate most of the threads, but I am really glad I read this one. Some top posts, wish I was as eloquent.

I keep reading statements like, "I have a right to my opinion!" and that may be true, but nobody ever mentions the other side of that coin, what about your responsibilities?

My responsibility is to publicly support my club, always has been and always will be. I was lucky enough (or is it just old enough?) to have been in Rome and at Wembley and I, like many others was part of something you can't put into words during those times. Like it's already been said, I supported all the managers of the 20 years, even Souness but I never gave up hope that we could get back to those heights. It didn't happen.

Then Sr. Benitez started something, tackling years of inertia within our youth and reserve set up, instilling a sense of belief in good players that have made them world class players. I wasn't able to afford to go to Istanbul, but I unashamedly cried tears of joy that night, It was like being that kid again, sitting on that bleedin train on the way back from Italy, nothing mattered because we were the best team in the world. Rafa Benitez brought that back for me, and I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for my club.

To have stood up to the thieves and incompetants that infest my club, and to do so with grace, dignity and huge passion, he deserves the freedom of the city, never mind the vicious and unfounded criticism he faces on a daily basis - and from so-called LFC supporters. Some of you should be ashamed.

Times change, maybe I don't understand, or maybe I'm too old fashioned, but Sr. Benitez was bringing back a feeling that was missing from my club - it was about a city, it was about pride and not a global brand or profit margins. He has brought players from all over the world who understand what it means to be part of a unique club in a unique city. I can't really explain - Shanks knew, Sir Bob knew, Kenny knows; Rafa knows but he is up against people who don't. They don't understand how to support Liverpool Football Club, never will sadly. The only hope I have is when I read some of the posters who do know what I am trying to get at (unsuccessfully I think) - who have been around long enough to appreciate what we have in our manager, and just how you are supposed to behave if you profess to support this club. I got my football education in the 60's and 70's from lads who had supported us in the 2nd Division and watched a manager come in and change the way the club acted, from top to bottom. A period of massive upheaval that paved the way for a club that changed the face of football.

We are still in a transitional phase, with so much needing to be changed and if you think that happens overnight, or in 3 years then you are a knobhead. There is nobody better in the world to be in charge during this phase, but it needs everybody to do their bit - something that is woefully lacking, and something that is hamstringing Sr. Benitez.

Sr. Benitez, you are the manager of the greatest club in the world, and given the proper support, both inside and out, (and so many of the players need to take a long look at themselves this season), you could bring a new era of success that I dream of.

Stay strong and know that there are many many supporters who will back you 100%. I believe you can turn it around.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2010, 10:49:19 am »

Bill Shankly 52.38%
Bob Paisley 56.08%
Joe Fagan 52.38%
Kenny Dalglish 60.71%
Graeme Souness 40.87%
Roy Evans 48.26%
Gerard Houllier 50%
Rafa Benitez 56.19%

Good stat attack!

Rafa has a better record in league games than Shanks, Paisley and Fagan!

Take it in, because you won't see this anywhere else!!!

Offline chuckmynorris

• Anny Roader
  • It's wonderful!!! It's marvelous!!
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2010, 10:54:59 am »
Today in Daily Mail found this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1243361/Guus-Hiddink-closes-embattled-Liverpool-boss-Rafael-Benitez-Chelsea-coach-admits-jump-Kop-job.html
Yeah I know it's basically just shite like always but if Rafa had to leave I couldn't think of anyone better for the job. That said I really really really don't want to see Rafa go. Still have a lot of faith in him and just love the big man.
People in here and 'fans' everywhere has turned they're back on Rafa so fast it's disgusting. Last year he almost guided us to the title and has been doing a fucking brilliant job while in Liverpool. Don't remember people being this negative towards Rafa when things we're looking better. Yes it's been a shit season but show some respect and support for him! And to be honest most of the blame can be put on the players not showing up or basically looking like they don't give a fuck.

In Rafa I trust.

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2010, 10:56:37 am »

To have stood up to the thieves and incompetants that infest my club, and to do so with grace, dignity and huge passion, he deserves the freedom of the city, never mind the vicious and unfounded criticism he faces on a daily basis - and from so-called LFC supporters. Some of you should be ashamed.

Sr. Benitez, you are the manager of the greatest club in the world, andgiven the proper support, both inside and out, (and so many of theplayers need to take a long look at themselves this season), you couldbring a new era of success that I dream of. Stay strong and know that there are many many supporters who will back you 100%.

Word!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:00:05 am by Huytonian »

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2010, 10:58:15 am »
This is goddamn nail on head stuff too. Many quality posts in here - thank you Spanish Fan for starting it. Fucking relief to read this.

Nice that there's plenty of just, I don't want to sound like a twat but 'ordinary posters', by which I mean ones who just say a bit here and there but aren't tedious wafflers like me, registering their support, and lots of them.

It's also nice to see some really well written longer posts, some from posters I recognise, some from posters I don't, also giving proper, well thought out reasons why Rafa is still a cut above.

It's reassuring that he has both popular support, and that there's still so much good reason to back him, reading this thead has cheered me right up, and makes me more hopeful, even if this horror season carries on. I mean, so many in here can see the problems of injuries and owners etc, and while the latter aren't going away, at least the former should.

I'll judge him when he's had a fit squad to choose from. He hasn't had that, and fuck that, not even squad.

Rafa hasn't had his 'best 11' fit for two games in a row this season. Not even including Aquilani.

Just think of that, and they sympathy Fungus got for his minor 'crisis' when their back four was out.

Rafa hasn't had his best 11 fit, let alone fit and on form, for even two games in a row, this entire season.

No wonder we're in a bit of a mess.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2010, 10:58:24 am »
Was reading a piece on BBC about Purslow saying Rafa's job was safe and it included quotes from whelen etc

but finished off with this

Benitez, whose contract runs until 2014, arrived at Liverpool from Valencia in 2004 and guided the club to Champions League glory in 2005 and an FA Cup triumph in 2006.

The Reds also reached the Champions League final in 2007 and were runners-up to Manchester United in the Premier League last season.

and you think how can people call for Rafa's head after 5 seasons where we have done that I mean he's taken us to TWO european cup finals!!!

Bill Shankly 52.38%
Bob Paisley 56.08%
Joe Fagan 52.38%
Kenny Dalglish 60.71%
Graeme Souness 40.87%
Roy Evans 48.26%
Gerard Houllier 50%
Rafa Benitez 56.19%
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Keens

• Kopite
  • Thanks for the memories Rafa!
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2010, 11:06:49 am »
Reading Guillem's article today, is seems Rafa could possibly go, maybe Guillem's opinion or maybe inside info. Whatever it is, I feel Rafa will get sacked (he won't walk in my opinion) and Liverpool will NOT succeed with another manager period, that is because people sadly refuse to look at the source of our problems, the club's ownership! They want to band-aid the problems on the pitch and think it will go away. Sadly it will continue to fester until the root of the problem is addressed.

People are constantly talking about Benitez' transfers that went bad, Most of them probably were 3rd choices, we would possibly have had Mata, Silva, Villa, Upson, Kaladze, Malouda, Vidic, Barry and many others we don't know about if Rafa had his way, but now we constantly want to ridicule a manager who is being told to go to the 1 pound store to buy a player then expect him to play like he was bought at Harrod's. The players need a real kick up the ass in my opinion.

Instead we have fans who now sing " When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high because I will NOT be walking with you....."
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club....." - Kenny Dalglish

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2010, 11:09:29 am »
A lot of people are coming back with the argument that they support Liverpool, not Rafa. As long as Rafa is part of this club he deserves our support.

Rafa, Rafael
Rafa, Rafael
Rafa, Rafael
Rafael Benitez.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2010, 11:17:37 am »
I´d love to see any of the other top managers cope with the shite he´s put up with.
Behind Rafa 100% and that will never change.
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2010, 11:27:50 am »
I´d love to see any of the other top managers cope with the shite he´s put up with.
Behind Rafa 100% and that will never change.

Agreed...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2010, 11:30:51 am »
Check out his 3 seasons at Valencia - see where they finished in the second and the turn around the year after

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000%E2%80%9301_La_Liga - the season before Rafa came to Valencia - they were CL finalists that year. Finished 5th with 63 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001%E2%80%9302_La_Liga - the following year Rafa joins, they win the league for the first time in 31 years with 75 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002%E2%80%9303_La_Liga - then they finish 5th with a poor 60 points and miss out on the CL. There is a lot of unrest and disruption in the squad, even a player revolt from certain sections
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2%80%9304_La_Liga - Somehow he brings them back to the top of La Liga, winning the title with 77 points and adds the UEFA Cup to boot. I saw this team destroy Liverpool at Anfield in the CL - they were light years ahead of us in terms of work rate, quality and team spirit - they were like an unstoppable machine. Quite a turnaround from their season before.

I think the point I'm making is that Rafa has lost the dressing room before in that middle season at Valencia, but he stayed and turned it around without the resources that Real Madrid and Barcelona had available to them. He also had trouble with the board which ultimately made him leave. I think he should stay and fight on - he will turn it around

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2010, 11:35:02 am »
Check out his 3 seasons at Valencia - see where they finished in the second and the turn around the year after

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000%E2%80%9301_La_Liga - the season before Rafa came to Valencia - they were CL finalists that year. Finished 5th with 63 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001%E2%80%9302_La_Liga - the following year Rafa joins, they win the league for the first time in 31 years with 75 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002%E2%80%9303_La_Liga - then they finish 5th with a poor 60 points and miss out on the CL. There is a lot of unrest and disruption in the squad, even a player revolt from certain sections
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2%80%9304_La_Liga - Somehow he brings them back to the top of La Liga, winning the title with 77 points and adds the UEFA Cup to boot. I saw this team destroy Liverpool at Anfield in the CL - they were light years ahead of us in terms of work rate, quality and team spirit - they were like an unstoppable machine. Quite a turnaround from their season before.

I think the point I'm making is that Rafa has lost the dressing room before in that middle season at Valencia, but he stayed and turned it around without the resources that Real Madrid and Barcelona had available to them. He also had trouble with the board which ultimately made him leave. I think he should stay and fight on - he will turn it around

Don't forget that within 5 months of taking over from him Ranieri was sacked.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2010, 11:42:08 am »
I cant think of a better manager in all honesty, I am 100% behind Rafa to get us out of these bad times.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2010, 11:44:17 am »
Does anyone have or know how we could e-mail Rafa with support?
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline Jamila

• Main Stander
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2010, 11:48:15 am »
Rafa, I really wish you’d be able to see this thread, knowing that there are people supporting you, backing you 100% instead of hearing about all the shit that has been thrown at you in the past few months.

Rafa, you are the right man for this job and I am still confident you can turn this around. You are a brilliant manager and gave us many fantastic moments in the years that you’ve been here. Istanbul, FA cup, another final, beating the mancs, beating Real, making us believe we could actually win the premier league again.

I don’t think there is any other “top” manager in the world who could do what you have done and what you are still doing now. The amount of crap that you’ve had to deal with is ridiculous and that you are still here, fighting for our club says a lot. It says a lot about you as a manager, as you as a man, but also for the love you have for the club.

You are the best manager in the world and I was, am and will be backing you 100%. We trust in you Rafa and You’ll never walk alone.

'The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams'