Author Topic: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...  (Read 134667 times)

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 01:56:03 am »
In Rafa i dont trust he should of gone several years ago, bad tactics, bad man management, inept in the transfer market.

I do love Rafa the man, but not the football manager, now though enough is enough.... this is the worst Liverpool side i have ever seen, even more so than the Roy Evans and even the Greame Souness days and now this has happened thats the sign to move on.

The philosophy of Liverpool Football Club i.e. pass and move has never been seen during Rafas tenure, players like Kuyt, Insua, Cavalieri, Babel, Ngog, Aquilani, Lucas are a disgrace and would not get in any other Premier League team let alone ours.

Too many of the same excuses after every defeat i.e. we were controlling the game... it doesnt rub with me.

It may cost us a lot of money to get rid of Rafa, however it may cost us more for him to stay.

Some fans really need to look at everything, because for those who are supporting him you need to have a serious look at the whole situation, the control freek is ruining the club.

Am sorry rafa but your time is nigh.

Disgrace.

Offline MonsterMasch

• Main Stander
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 01:56:46 am »
Plus those wins against Chelsea, Juventus, Barca, Madrid etc.

details, details ;)
Justice for the 96

Don't Buy the S*n

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 01:58:50 am »
Im well and truely behind Rafa, he will sort this out, he deserves our respect for the time and effort he dedicates to our great club every single day since he has been here.

Keep going Rafa.  :champ :scarf

PSN:lr3487

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 01:58:55 am »
details, details ;)

Well, uh, I only remember the game where Agger scored and the Madrid game. Wasn't a fan before Istanbul, y'know?

Offline electric_bloom

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 01:58:58 am »
ANG ON ME PHONES GOIN

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 02:00:06 am »
ok if he shaves the beard off everything will be ok.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 02:00:51 am »
In Rafa i dont trust he should of gone several years ago, bad tactics, bad man management, inept in the transfer market.

I do love Rafa the man, but not the football manager, now though enough is enough.... this is the worst Liverpool side i have ever seen, even more so than the Roy Evans and even the Greame Souness days and now this has happened thats the sign to move on.

The philosophy of Liverpool Football Club i.e. pass and move has never been seen during Rafas tenure, players like Kuyt, Insua, Cavalieri, Babel, Ngog, Aquilani, Lucas are a disgrace and would not get in any other Premier League team let alone ours.

Too many of the same excuses after every defeat i.e. we were controlling the game... it doesnt rub with me.

It may cost us a lot of money to get rid of Rafa, however it may cost us more for him to stay.

Some fans really need to look at everything, because for those who are supporting him you need to have a serious look at the whole situation, the control freek is ruining the club.

how is the job searching going parry

Offline MonsterMasch

• Main Stander
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 02:05:49 am »
Well, uh, I only remember the game where Agger scored and the Madrid game. Wasn't a fan before Istanbul, y'know?

Istanbul? did we used to play there? only like football coz i'm gay for Torres :p

On a serious note its nice to see that Rafa does still have the majority of fans (on here at least!) supporting him. a win on sat and everything changes again.
Justice for the 96

Don't Buy the S*n

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 02:07:10 am »
If he walks out with the beard shaved next game i know everything will be alright. Signal of intent.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 02:09:08 am »

I learnt all I know from sly sports

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2010, 02:09:36 am »
how is the job searching going parry

Haha dont think so lad, no one celebrated more then me when he went.

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ĦSí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 02:12:59 am »
Haha dont think so lad, no one celebrated more then me when he went.

Moores? Sheikh Mo? Jose Mourinho?
C'est la vie.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2010, 02:14:33 am »
Really adore the man, and I love the way the media don't "get him".

He's got that scouse twinkle in his eye and a slight narky "fuck you" attitude that I just warm to.  ;D

If the time comes when he has to go then so be it, but he deserves more from us, after the ride he gave us last season.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 02:18:25 am »

Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 02:22:27 am »
Turn it round Rafa lad. I know you can do it

Stop looking at my mrs tits though...

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline yazeed

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 02:24:26 am »
IN RAFA WE TRUST..
" Some people seem to blame me for everything, from global warming to petrol prices. Everything".  Rafael Benitez.

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2010, 02:29:02 am »
Would be nice to hear the manager's name being sung abit louder and for longer than has been recently against Stoke, would certainly be a statement to Sly Sports on Sat.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2010, 02:32:55 am »
Would be nice to hear the manager's name being sung abit louder and for longer than has been recently against Stoke, would certainly be a statement to Sly Sports on Sat.
yep

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 02:33:24 am »
Aquilani.......disgrace and would not get in any other Premier League team let alone ours.
Ignoring all the other shite you just spouted, are you fucking serious? You are saying that after he has played one full game? Mate if you actually think that then I am sorry, you are a fucking knob.
ynwa

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 02:34:05 am »
IN RAFA I TRUST!!!!!!!

let him finish his job until end of this season..

I bet he's glad your not against him then mate.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2010, 02:34:06 am »
This.  :)

It's doing my head in listening to twats like Houghton saying that we are booing vociferously at the final whistle.  I haven't heard any such thing, but these people have a national forum that our "supporters" down South will believe, and we need to make liars of them at every opportunity!   :no
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2010, 02:36:13 am »

Agree, get behind him.
I just hope Thompson is in the studio to prevent him being completly ripped to pieces by the genius Paul Merson. Can't see Thommo doing a whelan!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2010, 02:36:36 am »

In a thread supporting the manager? 

'RTK.....Spirit of Shankly.......Liverpool is an institution...ShanksLegend?'
Just noticed your picture too........you don't see the fucking irony?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:45:59 am by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2010, 02:37:10 am »
Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez............

A thread to support our manager during this difficult time.

Great Rafa memories in here.

Positive only please.

Mods, feel free to delete if it's shite ;D

I support Rafa, you don't become a bad manager over night - and to be honest it looks like the problems are mainly due to things outside his control.  Still think he'll get 4th and turn it around next season (provided he's given money)

Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2010, 02:49:04 am »
Get behind him!!! (Geddit?)

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2010, 03:10:58 am »
[
sat down for chelsea pens.
his comments re: a certain newspaper
resigning Robert Bernard Fowler
Istanbul and Athens. and all the other european nights, olympiakos, Juve, Chelsea, Inter, Barça, Arsenal, prob forgotten a couple!
sigining world class players in, Torres, Alonso, Reina, Masch, Morientes (ok flopped here but still)
Making us a force in Europe again.
Making us dare to believe again
DOING ALL THE ABOVE with no money waring owners or both.

But most of all the fact Rafa just gets us, Liverpool the club, the city and the Fans, and we can't forget that just because we've had a rough ol' season SO FAR

In Rafa I will always Trust

Hear Hear!!   :scarf

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2010, 03:16:58 am »
I am from America. All the forums hate the fact I support Rafa. They don't understand why, just like many here don't. Many who LIVE THERE! I've never been to Anfield in my life!

For the fifth or whatever time, Rafa is a victim of his own success. What happened the last 15 years before he arrived?

If he's sacked, nothing I or anyone could do. But right now, he is our manager. He is not trying to help us lose, remember? Talking to fans of other clubs, and asking them; what would you do then?

No matter what they say, even though the confidence within the squad is currently low (very low), are you saying it is Rafa's fault?

If he kept Carragher as a substitute, I'm sure some of you would want his head! Gerrard is playing worst than Lucas, but if he subbed him Rafa would get the shit if they lost!

You expect Rafa to work miracles, win something every season, when you have hardly won shit under anyone else the last ten years before he came

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2010, 03:20:25 am »
I'd lock this thread but it's too entertaining to read........for now.

Give some people enough rope and they hang themselves for you :D

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2010, 03:25:37 am »
I'd lock this thread but it's too entertaining to read........for now.

Give some people enough rope and they hang themselves for you :D

If you are referring to me, I guess that would make sense

I don't know as much as I wish I did about Liverpool, but RAWK is my only source really. I don't know which sites to trust other than this

Isn't the first team similar to last years? Who hardly ended up in 2nd?

Offline toshi

• Kopite
  • Respect
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2010, 03:25:50 am »
this

Don't care if its a shite thread.

I'm behind our manager. 100%

Just wish most of these post 2005 'supporters' would fuck off and 'support' some other team.
CJ        : "Morton, this is President Bartlett"
Bartlett : "Hey Morton"
Morton (stunned) : "WOW"
Bartlett  : "Well Said"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2010, 03:27:33 am »
If you are referring to me, I guess that would make sense
I am referring to no-one in particular - would I were to aim at you, then you would know it :)

However, it is encouraging that you deem RAWK to be a reliable source of knowledge and wisdom. That removes you from our sights and not from our site ;)

For now :lmao

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2010, 03:27:34 am »

What he said! :wave
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2010, 03:31:44 am »
I am referring to no-one in particular - would I were to aim at you, then you would know it :)

However, it is encouraging that you deem RAWK to be a reliable source of knowledge and wisdom. That removes you from our sights and not from our site ;)

For now :lmao

that works for me :)

Although going the the "current match" threads get to me, you can always tell who knows what they are talking about, and who is caught up in the moment...which can last for months apparently. Acting like Rafa was the worst thing to happen to Liverpool, how?

Really, how?

Offline wzh999

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2010, 03:36:06 am »

WTF is your problem seriously? Surely he deserves some credit?

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2010, 03:41:14 am »
Moores? Sheikh Mo? Jose Mourinho?

No.  SL is just some jumped-up, self-important twat who likes to think that people think he's someone like those listed above, and thinks everyone should bow to his 'higher' knowledge/inside information.  But is in fact nothing more than you or I ... ie, a fan.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:46:27 am by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2010, 03:41:22 am »
Love the man to bits. Sometimes he is spot on, sometimes is brilliant, but he's human, and the mistakes come and go.
There are many managers out there who would like to have at least half of his resume.
Rafa Benitez YNWA
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2010, 03:44:29 am »
I bet you all loved ShanksLegend when he was saying things you wanted to hear

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2010, 03:53:26 am »
He still has my backing. I don't think there are many (any?) manager's who would have coped better with the luck and injuries we've had against us this season, not to mention the unrest with the owners and the limited resources.

He's a loyal, hard working man who'd do anything to bring success to this club. He's given us some great moments since he came here, we've made progress every season up until now, he deserves the chance to turn it around.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2010, 04:01:45 am »
What other manager could we get that can sign a player like Maxi on a fucking FREE? Rafa's hands are tied behind his back and he's still managing to find players. Give the man some fucking real money then judge him, and I don't want to hear this age old bollocks of "oh, but he's had 250 million"! Aye, 250 million in installments, fucking chicken feed for a club as massive as ours over five years.

I'm backing him to the hilt. The rest can get fucked.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2010, 04:04:33 am »
I'm still supporting him.

I'm still supporting him, because I know logically this season is an abberation. A sick joke. A fluke. The second Darren Bent's goal deflected off a beach ball (a beach ball!!), you knew it was going to a topsy-turvy season. One in which one minute you see a ray of hope, the next you wonder whether the manager should be bringing in a priest to exorcise the ground. It's been one injury plagued mess with minimal on the field leadership and too many players preferring to sulk than accept personal criticism for their own performances or grind it out.

We were four points away from winning the league. Four. Macheda not scoring against Villa and Gerrard's free-kick against Stoke being allowed could have given us the title. And yet for some, the idea we were so close has been forgotten.

It's been a season of short memories on the stands  and in the forums with many giving into fickleness and impatience, rather than balanced reflection. Some have let the media that serves the lowest common denominator get to them, rather than building a siege mentality. We've been spoiled by our recent success under Rafa. We weren't a lock to get into the CL before he came. We weren't feared throughout Europe, as we had been under Shankly and Paisley. We weren't closer to the league than we have since we last won it. But under Benitez, we have become that team. But now, it's almost like some fans just want Benitez gone now so they won't have to hear the jibes from their friends or colleagues supporting other clubs.

I'm not promoting a Rafa FC, Rafa is bigger than the club agenda. This is about the core values of the club. The idea we have the most knowledgeable fans in the business. The idea that we give our managers time to craft out a vision. We let them build something, because we know that the best ones are generally the most stubborn, the ones with a crystalline direction. We abandon that now and we might as well go down the road of Newcastle, letting players become bigger than the club and sway the focus. If players don't want to be here that's fine, the door will be open in the summer.
If the supporters don't want to be here, there are other teams.

I personally am not going to let irrationality and short-term emotions override a logical analysis of the events at hand. The season on the face of it looks to be a disaster, but under its pain and frustration are lessons. Lessons we need to learn in order to properly challenge next season. Lessons such as realizing a win is a win. Only through gaining a run of good results can form, consistency and confidence be born. To realize that a myopic focus and a driven mentality is required from fans, manager and players.

People often talk about giving players who have in the past demonstrated quality and success, but are presently suffering on the pitch through a poor spell, a chance to redeem themselves. Why should this only apply to players? Why not Rafa? Does he not at the very least deserve more time. Shankly went seven years without winning anything. Wenger hasn't won anything in five years. Nor has Martin O'Neill. Ferguson took six to win his first title.

Rafa is one of the top managers in world football. The problem is people will only realize this after he is gone.

Give him time. Sing his name. Do not give in to the pathetic media agenda. And most importantly, get behind your team: its players and its manager

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:08:45 am by rafathegaffa83 »