Author Topic: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...  (Read 134672 times)

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2010, 05:13:23 pm »
Maybe my rant was out of hand but i am a hurting Liverpool fan who is entitled to my opinion.
No, you're an ITK who has respect and influence on these boards, and while you're entitled to your opinion you should take a lot more care about spouting bitter and inaccurate claptrap, which you've done more than a few times, saying a lot of things that aren't even close to 'opinion' but are just pure bullshit.

Like your list of players who 'aren't even good enough for the Premier League, let alone Liverpool football club'. Like your abysmal thread after the Spurs game about 'why can us fans see the problems but Rafa can't'. After ONE game, after we finished on 86 points the season before, a total you've been around long enough to know is top, top class.

I'd love to think you were urging your insider contacts to back Rafa 100%, and telling them to buck up their ideas, pointing out the potential disaster if we sack him and that he's got ideas that could take us forward if they followed his plans and trusted him.

But you're not doing that are you? Just like with Keane last season, if they moan at you about Rafa you aren't disagreeing, you're nodding along and adding the kind of shite you spout on here on top of it.

It's not good enough to justify your absolute bullshit in the position you are in in with a 'maybe' followed by a 'but'. You can't get away with everything just because it's 'your opinion'.

Signed, a pissed off fan who's sick of people in positions of influence, including the likes of you, ATK on TLW, Hansen, Lawro, Whelan and SO many others using their positions to talk shit about Rafa, instead of concentrating on the two tumours in charge of the club.

I respect your promotion of some of the good causes you support, but I don't respect your opinion or the way you express it all too regularly. Not one bit.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 05:15:56 pm by hesbighesred »
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2010, 05:14:02 pm »
100% behind Rafa and always will be

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2010, 05:21:58 pm »
Just watched todays press conference and have to say well done to Rafa, took a lot a balls that.

Maybe my rant was out of hand but i am a hurting Liverpool fan who is entitled to my opinion.

Anyway Stoke tomorrow, lets kick on.

Personally thought you're rant was a disgrace. Exactly the sort of thing I've come to expect from the typical Middle England Liverpool "fans" I've unfortunately found myself surrounded by for a lot of my life, not from real Reds as I suspect you are. Now's when we should show him the most loyalty, it's easy to champion him when we're in a title race (yes, we were in a title race about 8 months ago - remember?) but when things get tough to just turn on him as so many have is a disgrace.

I pray to Robbie that we stick with him and hopefully SL, you may change your mind. Because I was never surprised to see and hear the S*n reading, Gray loving, Lucas hating Liverpool "fans" speaking about Rafa so negatively, but when genuine Liverpool fans, who understand the way the club works and breathes and lives (which I believe you to be SL) start turning on a man who embodies that attitude so well that's a massive worry.

Honestly I disagreed with the list of players you gave as being 'not good enough', but one that really got to me was the inclusion of Aquilani in that. Seriously? I don't think I need to explain why I find that unbelievable.

I do understand the frustration, but we have a massive responsibility as fans because as soon as we turn against Rafa the board will probably get rid of him. Which would be a disaster.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 05:23:37 pm by Gaz88 »
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2010, 05:23:23 pm »

Need to get a few Liverpool fans on just to shut that fat (I'll respond from the obvious) gough up. Nothing annoys me more than people who have nothing to do with my club telling me who we should sack or buy.

a while ago he actually said that mascherano wouldn't get in chelsea or man city's sides.

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: January 15, 2010, 05:28:14 pm »
I think I love Rafa. His press conference today was absolutely first class. Brilliant. Yes, we've got problems, and he knows it, but by God he's not half got some dignity. Complete class act that many supporters and members of the media need to emulate.

Do you know where i can watch this online mate?
PSN:lr3487

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #245 on: January 15, 2010, 05:30:25 pm »
We support him through the good, and we support him through the not so good!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 15, 2010, 05:35:05 pm »
Never thought I would say thank you Harry Redknapp.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8462403.stm
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 15, 2010, 05:37:42 pm »

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 15, 2010, 05:41:05 pm »

Not a huge fan of Redknapp but he's gone way up in my estimation after seeing that.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: January 15, 2010, 05:41:54 pm »
Think something should be done on the kop for our next home game, some thing that show these fuckers in the media that we are always focased on supporting our manager

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #250 on: January 15, 2010, 05:44:40 pm »
Not a huge fan of Redknapp but he's gone way up in my estimation after seeing that.
Fair play to the man. Spot on on almost every count and very respectful, and very honestly so. Good on him, and didn't expect that from him at all. I might have to stop ranting about him, at least for a while.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 05:47:26 pm by hesbighesred »
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: January 15, 2010, 05:51:54 pm »
Fair play to the man. Spot on on almost every count and very respectful, and very honestly so. Good on him, and didn't expect that from him at all. I might have to stop ranting about him, at least for a while.

Haha . . . might throw that link into his thread now.

Offline George Costanza

• Main Stander
  • "I am not for everyone."
« Reply #252 on: January 15, 2010, 05:55:11 pm »
Some fantastic posts on this thread lads.

I just want to say that I. Fucking. Love. Rafa.  His character is what this club of ours is all about.
"OUR manager"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »

That's quite sound of Redknapp I have to say, very complimentary of our players, Rafa and the fans and he seemed quite genuine
about it rather than the usual cliched stuff you hear. Good to hear. If only some of the mugs on internet forums would try
and have a bit of perspective and realise that supporting is all about highs and lows and we are Liverpool we don't do managerial witchhunts.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 15, 2010, 06:00:58 pm »
love this rafa song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh_HG_YYBs4

any one got the full words to it.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: January 15, 2010, 06:07:51 pm »

Yeah he spoke well but that conference as a whole just summed up the ridiculous vitriol Rafa has to put up with week in week out from the press in comparison to Good Ol Arry.

He told the reporters he wouldn't talk about the charges he had just been hit with. The reporters response? 'Are you alright Harry? You don't seem yourself'  ::)

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #256 on: January 15, 2010, 06:09:34 pm »
Just watched todays press conference and have to say well done to Rafa, took a lot a balls that.

Anyway Stoke tomorrow, lets kick on.

We're all fucking hurting and we are all entitled to our opinions but in my 40 years we have always supported our own and backed our manager.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sky Sports - It's shite
« Reply #257 on: January 15, 2010, 06:40:24 pm »
Be nice to think that maybe some of the players read RAWK and if they could read this thread maybe they'd start to sprout some balls and start fighting for Rafa themselves, we can only do so much, they have the ultimate responsibility. For all the upset about the way we are playing and for all the bewilderment at some of Rafa's decisions at times - you just can't help but love the man to bits, we will never get another manager who loves us and the club as much as him. Such a crying shame that it appears the only people who can actually save Rafa (the players) seem incapable of doing so and if they don't save him they will never be forgiven. Come on boys, time to man up and start performing, mission impossible is nothing at this club
If Kenny Dalglish cannot influence the team to play with more pride in their shirts for the millions of fans they represent, then what chance does anyone else have?

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2010, 06:42:20 pm »
love this rafa song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh_HG_YYBs4

any one got the full words to it.

Mourinho said don't worry Chelsea have nothing to fear; But how he went so quiet when up popped Luis Garcia; His strike it had no power but then he took his goal;And now he's taking Rafa to Istanbu...   
Mourinho said don't worry Chelsea have nothing to fear; But how he went so quiet when up popped Luis Garcia; His strike it had no power but then he took his goal;And now he's taking Rafa to Istanbul
Rafael, Rafael, Rafa in Istanbul
Benitez said don't worry I'll wipe away your tears; Cos Stevie G's a red and a red he'll be for years; You can keep your John Terry stick your Lampard up your arse; Cos Carragher is here and Gerrard's staying ours
Rafael, Rafael, Rafa in Istanbul

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #259 on: January 15, 2010, 06:44:42 pm »
No, you're an ITK who has respect and influence on these boards, and while you're entitled to your opinion you should take a lot more care about spouting bitter and inaccurate claptrap, which you've done more than a few times, saying a lot of things that aren't even close to 'opinion' but are just pure bullshit.

Like your list of players who 'aren't even good enough for the Premier League, let alone Liverpool football club'. Like your abysmal thread after the Spurs game about 'why can us fans see the problems but Rafa can't'. After ONE game, after we finished on 86 points the season before, a total you've been around long enough to know is top, top class.

I'd love to think you were urging your insider contacts to back Rafa 100%, and telling them to buck up their ideas, pointing out the potential disaster if we sack him and that he's got ideas that could take us forward if they followed his plans and trusted him.

But you're not doing that are you? Just like with Keane last season, if they moan at you about Rafa you aren't disagreeing, you're nodding along and adding the kind of shite you spout on here on top of it.

It's not good enough to justify your absolute bullshit in the position you are in in with a 'maybe' followed by a 'but'. You can't get away with everything just because it's 'your opinion'.

Signed, a pissed off fan who's sick of people in positions of influence, including the likes of you, ATK on TLW, Hansen, Lawro, Whelan and SO many others using their positions to talk shit about Rafa, instead of concentrating on the two tumours in charge of the club.

I respect your promotion of some of the good causes you support, but I don't respect your opinion or the way you express it all too regularly. Not one bit.

NICE ONE

Offline RAM09

• Main Stander

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 15, 2010, 06:48:09 pm »
Shows he is human today…good laugh with the FACT
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #262 on: January 15, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »

Great stuff from Redknapp who 1. shouldn't have been asked that question as he's fuck all to do with us and 2. Didn't give the press the satisfaction of the Benitez-bashing the question was obviously intended to provoke.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2010, 06:53:57 pm »

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #264 on: January 15, 2010, 06:54:50 pm »
question for everyone

does anyone remember if wenger got this much abuse from all the media last season?,asking other managers what they thought?

for me its just a witch hunt from the fergie manc loving brigade

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2010, 06:55:48 pm »
question for everyone

does anyone remember if wenger got this much abuse from all the media last season?,asking other managers what they thought?

Arsenal didn't get knocked out of the Champions League group stages or get knocked out of the FA Cup by one of the worst teams in the Championship.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2010, 06:56:30 pm »
I actually dunno if he is taking the piss or being serious.

What the fuck are you doing in here? ;)

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2010, 06:57:00 pm »
Think something should be done on the kop for our next home game, some thing that show these fuckers in the media that we are always focased on supporting our manager

Good idea..
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2010, 07:00:13 pm »
What the fuck are you doing in here? ;)

If he wants to apologize to the fans for the shite that he has been producing these last few months, I don't think sarcastically talking about "facts" is the best thing to do. It's not a joke. it's a serious matter.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2010, 07:02:34 pm »
If he wants to apologize to the fans for the shite that he has been producing these last few months, I don't think sarcastically talking about "facts" is the best thing to do. It's not a joke. it's a serious matter.
ok if its gonna be like that,i think that everytime someone slates a player that then goes and has a good game should come on here and apologise to said player

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2010, 07:03:53 pm »

Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2010, 07:04:36 pm »
:lmao

lolcats
C'est la vie.

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2010, 07:05:48 pm »
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_5862460,00.html

Thanks.

Nice from arry.

Good to see Rafa smiling.

This is my favourite thread, nice to see everyone in here or mostly everyone showing their support and appreciation for Rafa.

PSN:lr3487

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2010, 07:06:34 pm »
Arsenal didn't get knocked out of the Champions League group stages or get knocked out of the FA Cup by one of the worst teams in the Championship.

But Arsenal have a decent set of owners who back their man 100%
If Kenny Dalglish cannot influence the team to play with more pride in their shirts for the millions of fans they represent, then what chance does anyone else have?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #274 on: January 15, 2010, 07:08:24 pm »
We're all fucking hurting and we are all entitled to our opinions but in my 40 years we have always supported our own and backed our manager.
:thumbup

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2010, 07:09:45 pm »

No shit?

Maybe its our highly-paid players, in whom Rafa places his trust, that need to inject some testosterone into their collective scrotum and start doing what they're paid to do, no?

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2010, 07:10:55 pm »
No shit?

Maybe its our highly-paid players, in whom Rafa places his trust, that need to inject some testosterone into their collective scrotum and start doing what they're paid to do, no?

Ffs it's down to everyone to get things moving.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2010, 07:11:40 pm »

Would you rather he walked round in sack cloth and ashes? Give the wankers in the press the satisfaction of knowing their campaign against him is working?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2010, 07:13:30 pm »
Would you rather he walked round in sack cloth and ashes? Give the wankers in the press the satisfaction of knowing their campaign against him is working?

Agree. That was class. how many other managers under the pressure  and in the eye of a shitstorm would take the piss out of themselves and employ a bit of sly humour? Joe Kinnear anyone?
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: January 15, 2010, 07:16:52 pm »
Ffs it's down to everyone to get things moving.

I know mate but its only the players out there on the pitch that can actually physically do anything and they are feeling sorry for themselves when they really need to roll their fucking sleeves up and start fighting for this club. Rafa trusts them to do just that, thats why he keeps picking them to play, so our clubs future is in their hands at the end of the day. Its a bit like people in work who go hiding or skiving or phone in sick when they got a bit of a cold or something - leaving the rest of us to do the job on our own. We all need to pull together and that means getting behind our figure-head - our manager - and that includes the most important part of the club - the players