Author Topic: signed merchandise  (Read 1390 times)

Offline nandos_bitch

• Main Stander
signed merchandise
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:18:37 pm »
apologies if this is in the wrong place

i have been offered some signed merchandise at what i'm told are knock down prices. the items include a signed ball n a presentation box for £90, a signed gerrard shirt framed for £90 and some signed framed photos for £25. all the items come with certificates of authenticity. i'm keen to buy the items but have never done so before.
just wondering if anyone knows do these prices sound good and also if theres any way of knowing if the certificates are genuine? thanks to anyone who may have any advice

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: signed merchandise
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:23:00 pm »
Best buy them here mate

http://www.torres-2008.webs.com/
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 12:27:22 pm »
I know from doing the HJC Fundraiser and the auction we held for 5 various signed shirts, that the items you mentioned are very, very cheap.

The jerseys we auctioned were unframed too, as they can cost around £50 to get them done properly.

I know to auction such items on a fundraising night is all about hiking the price up, but the Gerrard jersey went for about £250 I think, the Torres one around £270.

The Certificates of Authenticity should look geniune with your items, if so maybe you've been offered some real bargains. Are these items of somebody you know, or can someone vouch for the person selling them?

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline nandos_bitch

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:47:20 pm »
my next door neighbours cousin is selling them on behalf of a friend who apparently needs a quick sale. i have seen a pic of the ball and it is in a real nice case with a mirror at the back and a liver bird on it which makes me think it would be alot of trouble to go to for a fake

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 03:59:32 pm »
90 nicker for a signed Gerrard shirt is amazingly good mate. Snap his hand off.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline nandos_bitch

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 06:00:10 pm »
thanks guys, think i'll be parting with some cash tonight as long as the certificates seem genuine enough. thanks for the comments

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 09:50:56 pm »
My sis bought me a signed framed pic of gerrard lifting champions league with a coa from a high street shop and cost her £225. I thought this was a little steep at the time but I'd say what you've been offered sounds like a bargain.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers