Author Topic: The Kingdom Untied - Pfeffel the Liar is STILL PM of these Sceptered Isles  (Read 141640 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Surprised Penny Mordaunt isn’t running. Pretty well thought of and a Brexit supporter, would think she ticks the boxes for the Tories. Seems to be enjoying it as Defence Secretary though so might be hoping to stay on side to keep that role.
I'd guess she's playing the long game.  Whoever gets elected is going to have a hell of job on just surviving Brexit - whichever way that ultimately goes - never mind sustaining a run as Tory leader, never mind sustaining a run as PM.  I think both Mordaunt and Priti Patel will be eyeing up the next leadership contest after some of the heavyweights (relatively!) have torn each other down.

It’s an uninspiring list. No idea how their core membership might vote but Gove would seem the pick of the bunch if he hasn’t burned bridges from two years ago
What a damning indictment of the Tory party.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Priti Patel as PM, if that happens never tell you kids they can’t do anything

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why hasn't Mogg come forward yet?

That posh snake was a constantly berating the PM at every opportunity and wasting no time having his moment on camera.

Well, heres your chance you c*nt, lets see what you can do.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Why hasn't Mogg come forward yet?

That posh snake was a constantly berating the PM at every opportunity and wasting no time having his moment on camera.

Well, heres your chance you c*nt, lets see what you can do.

Rees-Mogg has stated several times that all Tory PMs should have served in one of the great offices of state (chancellor, home or foreign secretary) prior to being PM; and he's never been any sort of minister, let alone a senior member of cabinet.

I would imagine that he's lining up one of those roles as the price for his support and will look at the leadership next time around.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
And James Cleverly is in!

According to wikipedia the mostly likely entrants that we're still waiting on news from are:

- Steve 'Bulldozer' Baker
- Graham 'Brady Amendment' Brady
- Jesse 'Who?' Norman
- Priti 'Vacant' Patel

and possibly

- Penny 'Dreadful' Mordaunt
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:32:01 am by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Priti Patel as PM, if that happens never tell you kids they can’t do anything

Thankfully the racist blue rinse hoards that are the Tory Party membership mean we are Priti (see what I did there) safe from this particular nightmare.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Another day, another nail in the coffin of Rory Stewart’s leadership bid. He has pledged to increase Britain’s foreign aid budget.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Incredible bad timing for Boris with this proposed court appearance anyone would think one of his opponents planned it in a how can we put a spanner in his works.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:05:20 pm by Mutton Geoff »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Another day, another nail in the coffin of Rory Stewart’s leadership bid. He has pledged to increase Britain’s foreign aid budget.

;D

Not sure he's actually running to win this particular vote of MPs.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
Not sure he's actually running to win this particular vote of MPs.
Is he under the impression this is the Lib Dems’ contest?

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Incredible bad timing for Boris with this proposed court appearance anyone would think one of his opponents planned it in a how can we put a spanner in his works.

Well since we seem to be going full Trumpian, how about people just start chanting ‘lock him up, lock him up’ every time he appears anywhere.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who's the most right-wing batshit Tory there is?

Because I want that one in, no moderate Rory ta, just some crazy fuck who wants the union flag tattooed onto all babies.  Make them less electable than the Come Spaff All Your Money On Nigerian Prince Scams Party.

Sadly, I think they'd actually get a decent percentage in this day and age.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Is he under the impression this is the Lib Dems’ contest?

;D

Think he's running for the "oh shit, we need a cross-party government of national unity and there's no fucking way we're putting Corbyn in No.10" or the "holy fuck, Raab was a really bad idea in retrospect, wasn't he?" contests.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
;D

Think he's running for the "oh shit, we need a cross-party government of national unity and there's no fucking way we're putting Corbyn in No.10" or the "holy fuck, Raab was a really bad idea in retrospect, wasn't he?" contests.

I think he is playing the long game and looking to be the David Cameron style figure for them. Demographics and political opinion is changing with younger people and he may be banking on the Tories fucking up big time and then having to turn to a more centre right leader.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
I think he is playing the long game and looking to be the David Cameron style figure for them. Demographics and political opinion is changing with younger people and he may be banking on the Tories fucking up big time and then having to turn to a more centre right leader.

There's also a massive problem with the Tory vote in the south turning Lib Dem and/or Labour over the shorter term too. Great to win Mansfield and Stoke and Bury if you can convince enough Kippers that you're going to bring back hanging. Not so great to lose most of the Devon seats, the London commuter belt etc. at the same time.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
McVey getting angry with the Breakfast presenters? Hilarious. It’s hardly a harsh cross examination.
Internet terrorist

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Yet more rumours today that Mordaunt and Patel are joining up. Mordaunt has an article going live today calling for a 'different kind of leadership', and Patel also has a similar article in the Telegraph and seen filming a talking head piece near Westminster.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1134008889660325888

Words fail me, an absolute disgrace.

She is and always has been a grade A disgusting c*nt,that just shows how fucking dumb she is to boot.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
I'll admit to not being a parent and so not having an emotional bias about 'my kids', but where's the rationale for the notion "the parents know best"? Virtually anyone can be a parent, with no training or licence required, just a matching set of functional genitals.

Do parents know best when they neglect children who are subsequently taken away by social services?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1134008889660325888

Words fail me, an absolute disgrace.

Hahaha. Please become leader. She will die on her feet with gaffes every day.

By the way, Dominic Raab has a logo.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mark Harper (exactly?) has now thrown his hat in to the ring and is standing.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan

Isn't that just the Saab logo with an R?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan

A former immigration minister who resigned because of his illegal immigrant cleaner.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
Business lobby group CBI warns Tories over no-deal Brexit

The Confederation of British Industry has warned Conservative leadership candidates over leaving the EU without a deal.

A no-deal scenario would do "severe" damage to businesses, it said in an open letter to all the MPs running to lead the party.

Director general Carolyn Fairbairn warned them that smaller companies can not afford the necessary preparations for leaving without a plan.

She invited them to meet her members.

The CBI's letter says: "Firms large and small are clear that leaving the EU with a deal is the best way forward."

"Short-term disruption and long-term damage to British competitiveness will be severe if we leave without one. The vast majority of firms can never be prepared for no-deal, particularly our [small and medium-sized] members who cannot afford complex and costly contingency plans."

The CBI says it speaks on behalf of 190,000 businesses employing a third of the UK's private sector workforce.

Business has traditionally been important to the Conservative Party as one of its main sources of financial support.

However, overall donations to the party collapsed in the first quarter of the year, according to figures published by the Electoral Commission. The party received £3.7m in donations and public funds in the three months to March. For the fourth quarter of 2018, it was £7.5m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/48465791

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
Fuck business.
Internet terrorist

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck business.
:) Says the most likely next Tory PM, cue to all the small buisnesses in the UK owned by people who want to leave the EU. I love Boris.he's the only politician who will deliver Brexit.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Isn't that just the Saab logo with an R?

I expect so, that's what I was aiming for...

Does this work better?

I'm hoping he sees it, likes it and pays me a massive fee, like five whole pounds.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:08:07 am by Riquende »

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
8 of the candidates have confirmed that they are in fact feminists.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Jeremy C*nt, Sajid Javid, Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove, Matthew Hancock, Andrea Leadsom, Rory Stewart and James Cleverly.

Raab definitely isn't one (feminism is 'sexism against men'), McVey had no comment (probably didn't understand the term) and Malthouse didn't answer.

I can't be bothered to go through the voting records of all the positive respondees to find out how their actions tally up to their claims but I think I know who is most likely to have a disparity between them.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία

Thanks, seen that this morning. Added him in.

I wonder what the largest field in something like this has ever been? Harper wasn't even on the 'ones to watch' list, although he had been endorsed before confirming.

Oh, Liam Fox is now on the 'considering standing' list as well. Great.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Marina Hyde on cracking form as per usual

Opium-pipers, bluffers and no-dealers impress in this Tory battle of nonentities

The Conservative party leadership race is already providing rich entertainment at the whole country’s expense

The official tagline for the Tory leadership contest is “EXPERIENCE MAGIC THIS SUMMER”. Its key value divide is between candidates who would smoke opium at an Iranian wedding, and candidates who would order a drone strike on one. We haven’t even begun to hear from frontrunner Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, that flytipped sofa, who will probably be endorsed next week by visiting indignitary Donald Trump.

Still, plenty to be getting on with. Esther McVey would order you a drone strike, no problem. The only issue is whether she’d be able to get all the gays in one place. This week, Esther waded into the grimly regressive row about LGBT teaching, suggesting that parents should have the right to deny their children educational access to reality (I’m paraphrasing). As she put it: “I believe parents know best for their children.” Yes babe! That’s why measles is back. That’s why you personally defend the refusal to pay a mother benefits for her third child unless she can prove she was raped.

McVey joins every other Tory candidate in promising to “deliver Brexit”, even though it’s a parcel 30 times bigger than Britain’s letterbox. Esther’s full no-deal, naturally, while Sajid Javid … well, The Saj has bravely refused to reveal any spoilers about his thinking on Brexit.

Or perhaps you prefer the look of Dominic Raab? For reference, that look is “white-collar guy who’s never done anything wrong in his life before this. You have to believe him, he was just trying to keep her quiet – OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THERE’S SO MUCH BLOOD – OK, keep calm, keep calm. Panic’s how they’re going to get you. There’s that bit of copse past the golf club …” And so on. Dan Stevens stars.  ;D

As for Jeremy C*nt, I do enjoy the way Jeremy talks about his previous business running an educational courses database as though it were the East India Company or something. “Doing deals is my bread and butter,” he Andrew Carnegie-d this week. “I’ve taken risks, I’ve employed people. You have to do deals the whole time.” Deals Jeremy has struck with the taxpayer include claiming 27p for a 900m car journey, and repaying £9,500 for second home expenses. You win some, you lose some. Still, I’m looking forward to the bit in early July, if the field is whittled down as expected, where I find myself whispering, “Maybe … maybe Hunt’s not the worst?” at my reflection in a bathroom mirror, which I will then punch into a thousand pieces. Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove … ? I can’t. I just can’t. Maybe next week.

Across all candidates there is an absolute refusal to admit Brexit is a mass Tory sex game that’s gone badly wrong. See modernity’s Matt Hancock, who this week attempted to attack Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson with the words: “To the people who say ‘fuck business’, I say fuck fuck business.” Gut response to this is: life, no parole. But for those who believe Matt’s crime should be in some way understood, this grammatical construction is known as the “double fuckative”. Contrary to assumption, there are policy positions beyond it – for instance “fuck the fucker of fuck business”, and “fuck fucking the fucker of fuck business”. Don’t ask what they mean – just let them mist you like three fragrant sprays of Matt by Matt Hancock.

After all, this is an election where shooting a selfie video makes you some Tomorrow Man who’s just landed in a whirlybird from the future. In my particular filter bubble, this tactic has helped make Rory Stewart everyone’s favourite outsider. He is certainly to be commended for an absolute refusal to admit that the target voter in this particular election is a 73-year-old woman from Beaconsfield who wants to bring back hanging and describes Aids as “nature’s way”.

That said, the Tory membership are easily sophisticated enough to get that there are two kinds of class A drugs: the ones you take out of politeness 14 years before being appointed prisons minister, and the ones that get you sent to prison, where they’re just as easy to get hold of, unlike any sort of a job once you get out. Make sure you take the right kind, kids! Also, please don’t expect us to have a grownup drugs policy ever. That’s one of the many, many things we’re leaving to your generation to sort out, while we wank on about sovereignty and the Blitz.

Meanwhile, on with the show, with viewers asked to accept increasingly ridiculous plot developments. On Thursday, this was a person called “Mark Harper” claiming to have been chief whip under David Cameron. I mean, maybe??? Mark joins a slew of candidates who might as well have been living in witness protection, who are now suggesting their anonymity makes them the perfect cleanskin to get us out of this mess. The alternative view is that Mark is someone whose leadership experience consists of telling a backbencher it’s totally cool to vote against austerity as long as he doesn’t mind his wife knowing he fucked an Adam Smith spokesmodel at party conference.

In similar vein, The Malthouse Ultimatum has also entered the fray. Leadership pitch: “You may know me from the compromise I named after myself.” Or as Kit prefers it of his momentarily-coalesced-around fantasy that had already been unequivocally pre-rejected by the EU: “Many commentators said it was the first time in 45 years that the Conservative party had been so united on Europe.” Remind us: how’s that looking now?

Ultimately, the intractable problems of Brexit mean anyone claiming to be “untainted” will be tainted by actual reality within minutes of acceding to the job. A “new face” is going to solve the Tory party’s underlying problems about as much as a “new face” used to solve Michael Jackson’s underlying problems.

Still, there will apparently be TV debates for this election you can’t vote in, which will at least facilitate a drinking game. The rules of this particular one are: as soon as you see the opening credits, drink. Then keep doing it until the mid-2030s.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks, seen that this morning. Added him in.

I wonder what the largest field in something like this has ever been? Harper wasn't even on the 'ones to watch' list, although he had been endorsed before confirming.

Oh, Liam Fox is now on the 'considering standing' list as well. Great.

The way I look at it the more of the bastards who put themselves forward, the more to stab each other in the back and the more Tory collateral damage as they step on each other’s corpses to get to the top.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
The way I look at it the more of the bastards who put themselves forward, the more to stab each other in the back and the more Tory collateral damage as they step on each other’s corpses to get to the top.

The feeling is that being leadership contender helped secure people some pretty cushy jobs last time. Makes sense, if many of them get enough backing and you are trying to unite that party, why not have the most backed candidates in cabinet.

I agree though that the more there are, the better and especially that there are a huge number of Brexiteers. Let them all lynch themselves.

I have said it before but I am hoping its one of Boris, McVey, Leadsom, Truss or Hancock. Someone like that who is really fucking incompetent.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
Javid laying down a marker in the "well, he/she is a fucking idiot" contest.

He said he planned to negotiate an amendment to the Irish backstop "directly with Ireland" to get a deal that could pass through Parliament.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Javid laying down a marker in the "well, he/she is a fucking idiot" contest.

At this stage it's all about convincing the Tory grassroots, who are likely all of the opinion that Mr Juncker, Tusk, Barnier etc don't like it up 'em and all that's needed is a bit of English spunk. Can't remember if it was a member, MP (think it might have been McVey) but there was on Tory who said something along the lines of "Maybe the EU will cave in on the backstop but we don't know because it hasn't been asked for in Brussels".

After all, once you're PM you can then deal with the reality of the situation and the members can't do anything about it until the MPs get antsy again.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2019, 02:30:47 pm by Riquende »

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Completely missed this this morning what with other things going on but Sam Gyimah has decided to run. What's interesting is that he's one of the more vocal opponents of Brexit in the Tory party and is explicitly calling for a second referendum.

Will such an overt move cause other sensible Tories to break cover and finally put the national interest before their own electoral chances? Probably not, but it's a big twist in the race.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
Completely missed this this morning what with other things going on but Sam Gyimah has decided to run. What's interesting is that he's one of the more vocal opponents of Brexit in the Tory party and is explicitly calling for a second referendum.

Will such an overt move cause other sensible Tories to break cover and finally put the national interest before their own electoral chances? Probably not, but it's a big twist in the race.

There are only maybe 15-20 sensible Tories.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Been ignoring this shit because we've had to bring bad big ears.

Is there any chance for Rory Stewart? He's always seemed alright for a Tory.

Cheers
:D