Author Topic: The Kingdom Untied - Pfeffel the Liar is STILL PM of these Sceptered Isles  (Read 141634 times)

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
Been ignoring this shit because we've had to bring bad big ears.

Is there any chance for Rory Stewart? He's always seemed alright for a Tory.

Cheers

He's moderate, thoughtful, has had a career outside of politics and favours a rational cross-party approach to big policy issues. The Tory party membership will never ever vote for him.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Personally I'm avoiding any predictions until all the candidates are known, and even then it will be impossible to call until a few rounds have gone by and we can see the swings in support as some candidates go. Never discount the machiavellian possibilites of an internal Tory selection process...
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
There are only maybe 15-20 sensible Tories.

Fewer still with any backbone.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Liam Fox endorsing Jeremy Typo. Curveball.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
OP updated... James Cleverly has dropped out of the running, realising that he hasn't got the support.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Malthouse gone!

I think words have been placed into a few ears from the '22 that a lengthy contest is going to look a mite self-indulgent given the state of the nation, the Government etc.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Malthouse gone!

I think words have been placed into a few ears from the '22 that a lengthy contest is going to look a mite self-indulgent given the state of the nation, the Government etc.

Tory leadership contest: Rule change agreed to limit candidates

Under the previous rules, all the candidates would have needed only two MPs supporting them, but the new rules raise that bar to eight.

After nominations close, all 313 Tory MPs will vote for their preferred candidate in a series of secret ballots that will whittle down the contenders one by one until only two are left.

The first ballot will take place on Thursday 13 June, with further rounds of voting scheduled for 18, 19 and 20 of June.

Under the new rules, candidates will need to win the votes of at least 17 MPs in the first ballot and 33 MPs in the second to proceed.

If all the candidates exceed this threshold, the person with the fewest votes will be eliminated, a process that will continue in subsequent rounds until only two remain.

Party members will get to question the final two candidates in a series of hustings beginning in the week of 22 June.

Then finally the entire Tory membership of 124,000 will choose the winner in a process to be overseen by the Conservative Party board, its national governing body.

17 MPs and 33 MPs are around 5% and 10% respectively of the total number of Tory MPs.

The size of the field has prompted criticism across the party, with former Conservative leader Iain Duncan Smith likening it to the Charge of the Light Brigade, and former Chancellor Ken Clarke calling the situation a "shambles".

Housing Secretary James Brokenshire said on Monday that some should consider pulling out because the party needed to find a new leader fast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48513896

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
@Riquende Suggestion: keep listed those who have have dropped out already using strikethrough. I'd like to see the whole, shambolic list. And, similarly, when others lose votes, strikethrough those too (maybe with a number next to them to indicate the voting round).
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This sounds like a great way to unite the (remain majority) party behind you.....  :lmao

Esther McVey vows to sack every Cabinet Remainer in Tory leadership purge

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/esther-mcvey-vows-sack-every-16258803.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
This sounds like a great way to unite the (remain majority) party behind you.....  :lmao

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/esther-mcvey-vows-sack-every-16258803.amp?__twitter_impression=true

She really is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
@Riquende Suggestion: keep listed those who have have dropped out already using strikethrough. I'd like to see the whole, shambolic list. And, similarly, when others lose votes, strikethrough those too (maybe with a number next to them to indicate the voting round).
Thank you! :)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Haha. Thats brilliant. Hope she becomes leader.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
also a couple of mars bars, coke cans, wine bottles, pick and mix short of one too

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
So the Tories are running to all the media to get the last 2 on TV, in live debates on different channels. Why aren't the media saying we will only do it if you sign the contract to do live debates at a general election.

God know why the BBC is doing one live, Public money funding a Tory leadership debate that only a few Tories can vote in.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
From what Ive seen of things so far its all about slagging Labour and Jeremy off and naming which Labour policies they will steal as their own.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
From what Ive seen of things so far its all about slagging Labour and Jeremy off

Matt Hancock has made comments about antisemitism with relation to Corbyn (which is a bit of an open goal) but I don't think I've seen his name come up otherwise.

and naming which Labour policies they will steal as their own.

I don't think the hopefuls will be leaning too heavily on Labour policies in their bid to capture the votes of the Tory parliamentary party and subsequently the blue-rinse members.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

:)

They're all a pretty weird bunch. To think of all the supposed 'breeding', money, expensive education and and some kiddy steps to the top and this shower of dickheads is what you end up with..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada

Rory Stewart
‏Verified account @RoryStewartUK

If I become Prime Minister I will introduce National Citizen Service - universal - for every young person. Purpose. Character. Coming together across the United Kingdom.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Rory Stewart
‏Verified account @RoryStewartUK

If I become Prime Minister I will introduce National Citizen Service - universal - for every young person. Purpose. Character. Coming together across the United Kingdom.

What a bellend.

Not you Trada. Rory Stewart.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don’t think that’s the worst idea to be honest

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not sure how forcing 16 year olds to pick up litter for a month is going to attract young people back to the Conservative party.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They would've had move chance knitting fog than forcing a 16yr old me to do it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
They’ve fucked over the next generation with tuition fees, unaffordable housing, stagnant wages, later retirement, Brexit, and now some bright spark thinks ‘I know, let’s see if we can piss on their cornflakes even more and ask them to work for free?’

Edit:

‘The Big Society’ anyone?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

What? The state forcing kids to do something that isnt school? Has he been listening to baby boomers who say the current young are a bad generation?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
:lmao

Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove in cocaine admission

What a cock. 

Anyway, this is even better

Max Hastings, ex editor of Telegraph and boss to Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson: “Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is one of the most brilliant and entertaining journalists that I know but the tragedy is he thinks he is Winston Churchill but the reality he is Steve Coogan” - on Radio4 any questions just now
A bit harsh on Steve acoogan if I’m honest.

Seldom heard a more corrucsctajng destruction of a person than that though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
...Michael Gove in cocaine admission

Boris dirty tricks.

Gove attempting to pre-empt it via the Mail ie his Mrs, Vine.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Boris dirty tricks.

Gove attempting to pre-empt it via the Mail ie his Mrs, Vine.
Oh yes, absolutely.  This is all that.

Whilst on the flip side, we all hope Boris is currently on cocaine or ketamine because nothing else explains how shit he is at his job
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Why is taking cocaine such a big admission? When Presidents boast of forcing them onto women, when countries in Europe have far right racist campaigning by the bucket load and where the favourite for the nextPM role is a massive racist, is taking cocaine really going to affect popularity?

Its 2019. Not 2010.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Why is taking cocaine such a big admission? When Presidents boast of forcing them onto women, when countries in Europe have far right racist campaigning by the bucket load and where the favourite for the nextPM role is a massive racist, is taking cocaine really going to affect popularity?

Its 2019. Not 2010.

It's not aimed at you or I, it's aimed at those who can vote for the Tory leader. They are stuck in the1950's.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What? The state forcing kids to do something that isnt school? Has he been listening to baby boomers who say the current young are a bad generation?

have you seen what the likes of raab have proposed in the past?

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Matthew Parris today:

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite

You can see why Trump likes him so much.

It must be like staring into a personality reflecting mirror.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Wow...

That’s an utter shoeing from Parris.
W

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Matthew Parris today:

I'm seeing a lot of people recommend that article but I'll be damned if I'm giving money to the Times.

In other news, an incredible lack of awareness from a writer at ConservativeHome who tells whoever wins the leadership contest they need to find a way to connect with 'low-income voters'. Apparently they needed to commission a poll to tell them that those on low incomes overwhelmingly feel the Tories don't care about them:

We commissioned an opinion poll of low-income voters, the results showed that those on the lowest incomes view the Conservative Party as ‘uncaring’ and disinterested in the concerns of low-income Britain:

- Only five per cent of low-income voters associate the Conservative Party with being “compassionate”
    - Three quarters (72 per cent) say the Conservative Party is unconcerned about people on low incomes
    - More than half (52 per cent) say that Conservatives “don’t understand what it is like to struggle”
    - Almost six in ten (57 per cent) say that the Conservatives “only care about the rich”

When we asked these voters to ‘describe the Conservative Party’s approach to poverty’ they overwhelmingly came back to a single phrase: ‘they don’t care’.

Insert youdon'tsay.jpg here I guess. Maybe they could have a policy to stop fucking over the poor? I mean it goes against a central plank of Tory politics, so it's really a non starter.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2019, 10:55:42 am by Riquende »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

When I was 16 I was working full time.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

My point is that less affluent households quite often had kids that had to work to bring money in even before they left school - I did.

By forcing kids to do stuff for free, the government are damaging familes even more.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm seeing a lot of people recommend that article but I'll be damned if I'm giving money to the Times.

I registered with an old email and get two free articles a week

Save
In this column I want to lift eyes from the immediate Tory leadership race starting on Monday and instead look three and perhaps four elections ahead. This is no scan of distant horizons. At least three and, I’ll hazard, four of those elections will have taken place before the end of next year, and two would be general elections.

The first starts on Monday as nominations for the Tory leadership semi-finals close. The second, the finals, when two candidates go before the whole national Conservative membership, will be decided by the end of next month.

The third would be the early general election that would be overwhelmingly likely once Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson had darkened Downing Street’s door, as the Commons wrestled him out of taking Britain out of the EU without a deal.

Steady on, you may say. Johnson hasn’t even got through to the last round yet, let alone won it. But the realist in me knows it’s becoming likely. Wise colleagues inform me that his personal unfitness for the post is already “priced in” so we can forget about it. That he’s a habitual liar, a cheat, a conspirator with a criminal pal to have an offending journalist’s ribs broken, a cruel betrayer of the women he seduces, a politician who connived in a bid for a court order to suppress mention of a daughter he fathered, a do-nothing mayor of London and the worst foreign secretary in living memory . . . such truths are apparently already “priced in” to Mr Johnson. One just hopes the actual electorate are informed that his rascality is already “priced in” and they’re not to bother their little heads with such horrors.

So, reader, let’s “price in” the fact that this candidate is a nasty piece of work, but assume he makes it through. I’m told his people are already playing dirty, using private information to frighten colleagues into declaring themselves early for Johnson. A spokesman for his campaign to whom I put this tells me he has heard of no such thing, and Johnson is running “a positive campaign”. And no journalist can confirm such rumours unless a direct witness emerges to do so publicly.

But I’m beginning to wonder, noticing Johnson’s spectacular transformation from tousle-headed talkalot to smartened-up say-nothing, whether he’s already yielding to behind-the-scenes handlers. Say what you like about Johnson, he knows his limitations.

So let’s imagine him into Downing Street and an early general election — remarking just in passing that it remains within the power of his parliamentary colleagues to prefer a candidate who is not shackled to a “leave on October 31, come what may” promise, and the emergency general election this would bring.

But instead, suppose Tory MPs choose the candidate almost guaranteed to provoke and lose the Commons vote of confidence that would be triggered as Britain headed for an imminent no-deal Brexit.

Johnson would lose a confidence vote because there are at least a dozen colleagues whose party loyalty would snap at that point. Might he win the ensuing general election? Not convincingly, I suspect, but Jeremy Corbyn is surely not impossible to beat and Johnson might do a deal with Nigel Frottage before or after the election. Thursday’s by-election in Peterborough may have dashed Frottage’s hopes of his new party storming to predominance in one leap in a general election, but it confirms his potency as a spoiler
and potential kingmaker. It is entirely possible Johnson could be wobbling back into Downing Street before Christmas.

What then? Let me examine a hypothetical Johnson premiership. His showmanship might get him through a general election this year; it is unlikely to see him through many months before another, in 2020.

What’s it like in Downing Street? You and I cannot know, but over the years I have talked with a few former prime ministers and they all say the same. “You can have no idea,” one once said to me, “of the weight and complexity of what begins to hit you from the very first day.”

Background briefings thud on to your desk or ping on to your screen in stupefying detail. Mastering them is essential. Nothing we know about Johnson suggests talent for the conscientious absorption of detail. I’ve heard horror stories about his negotiations as London mayor with government departments where he so failed to prepare that he left having conceded hundreds of millions more in cuts than the department had planned to be its final offer.

You need to prioritise, a former PM told me, “pick out issues where the decision must be yours, and take it, and decisions you can leave to trusted cabinet colleagues”.

Who in Johnson’s case will these trusted colleagues be? What jobs has he offered to potential foes? Part of Theresa May’s downfall was a cabinet that was a balancing act instead of a band of comrades. Does Johnson even have comrades?

Another former PM told me that the problems that tend to survive Whitehall filters and reach the top are all the insoluble ones: judgments of Solomon, sure to leave one or both sides of the argument deeply unhappy. “It’s no good,” they told me, “wanting too much to be liked.”

A PM needs especially to be a good listener to senior colleagues: to understand in outline and in detail the proposals and problems they bring, to get inside the mind of a senior colleague and understand their situation. Beyond the sly wink and the confiding glance, what evidence have we that Johnson would listen to and understand a colleague’s perspectives?

Foreign policy decisions tend in particular to surface on a prime minister’s desk. Here he will often have a final say. Johnson’s demonstrated talent in this field? Enough said.

The sadness, and it frustrates his critics tremendously, is that in writing this I’m preaching to the converted. They know he’s lazy. They know he’s untrustworthy. They know how he tries to wing things for which he ought to prepare. They look at the £700,000 he has earned since he quit government, much of it on the national and international speaking circuit, and wonder. They know he ducks. They know he makes conflicting promises. They know he skates on thin ice.

And in their hearts they have no confidence in Boris. But they’re scared. They think he may possess a kind of magic. The magic, my friends, will fade.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/let-me-assure-you-boris-johnson-will-fail-as-pm-hl7b6tkx5
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan

It's a shite idea and in reality it won't be anything like a brutal Victorian style regime that the ones salivating over the prospect of it will be expecting.

It's designed to get the pants wet of the nationalist 55-75 year old generation that think they fought and won the war despite most being a mere twinkle in their Dad's ballbag at the time. The ones that saw national service abolished before most reached their teenage years and same crowd that are most enthusiastic about bringing back capital punishment despite them barely being out of short pants when it was abolished.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2019, 01:18:22 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Wow...

That’s an utter shoeing from Parris.

Yup, and it will sadly make fuck all difference to anything. He’ll still be elected Tory leader by the membership because you know, he’s Boris so it’s all ok.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.