Author Topic: Malaysian passenger plane reportedly shot down.  (Read 62358 times)

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Malaysian passenger plane reportedly shot down.
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »
Sky news reports that 23 us citizens aboard
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Online GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2014, 09:56:26 pm »
Pentagon confirming via @CNN crashed #MH17 Malaysian Airlines jet WAS shot by a missile originating from #Russia.
Hayes Brown ‏@HayesBrown 7m

! RT @Galrahn: 20 minutes ago my Pentagon source suggested missile originated from Russian territory. I think that may become official soon.

Putin is crazy but not dumb (at least what I think) to have authorize to do this.  Shooting a made in Russia missile from Russia...mmmh too easy to be the final story
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Malaysian passenger plane reportedly shot down.
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2014, 10:04:23 pm »
6 Brits confirmed on board. BBC news.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »
What's this then?

Strelkov's only confirmed online presence is on his war reenactment forum, as far as I'm aware. That VK page has been rumoured to be fan-made for a while. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't take it at face value at the moment.

RIP. Utter tragedy.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2014, 10:07:14 pm »
Joe Biden says Malaysia Airlines jet was shot down, “not an accident, blown out of the sky."

The crash of a Malaysian passenger jet over Ukraine was no accident, Vice President Biden said Thursday.

Biden stressed that the U.S. had not confirmed details yet, but that the flight "apparently had been shot down."

"Not an accident. Blown out of the sky," Biden said.

The vice president said it was "important to get to the bottom of this" because of the "possible repercussions that could flow" from the downing. He said the U.S. team would be "on their way rapidly to see if we can get to the bottom of this."

Biden told reporters in Detroit he made an offer of assistance to Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in a phone call following the "tragic event that's taken place on the Ukrainian border." Poroshenko accepted.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/212602-us-to-send-investigators-to-ukraine
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2014, 10:08:17 pm »
Truly horrific. RIP.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2014, 10:10:11 pm »
Putin is crazy but not dumb (at least what I think) to have authorize to do this.  Shooting a made in Russia missile from Russia...mmmh too easy to be the final story

I doubt that Putin pulled the trigger or pressed the button. It's a tactical weapon not a strategic weapon so wouldn't need presidential authorisation to fire it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2014, 10:13:36 pm »
Problem is that on both sides of the Ukrainian conflict there are renegade groups not under any central control.
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2014, 10:25:04 pm »
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline wellred99

• Anny Roader
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2014, 10:29:16 pm »

Problem is that on both sides of the Ukrainian conflict there are renegade groups not under any central control.

If that's the case then no one can really pin it on the Russians or Putin.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2014, 10:30:25 pm »
RIP to the victims it is terrible news. It is rumoured that the black box has been found, so hopefully they will be able to tell whether the crew had any warning, or if indeed as seems likely they were blown out of the skies.

Either way this is what happens when nations plough weapons to groups of fighters, Putin has a lot to answer for in how he's behaved recently.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2014, 10:30:56 pm »

Incredibly well armed it would seem as well
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2014, 10:32:45 pm »
If that's the case then no one can really pin it on the Russians or Putin.

It wouldn't be 'Russians' or Putin, not a chance Russian air-defence would have been unable to determine between a civilian airliner and a military plane, neither would they be shooting down aircraft in Ukrainian air-space.

Anyway, all the evidence points towards the seperatists. Here's a video of the BUK system being moved away from the area of the downing.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2014, 10:41:02 pm »
RIP to the victims it is terrible news. It is rumoured that the black box has been found, so hopefully they will be able to tell whether the crew had any warning, or if indeed as seems likely they were blown out of the skies.

Rebels found it and sent it straight to Russia.  Now if it was  the rebels/russians involved you seriously think they will release the real data?  No doubt it is damaged and no data can be retrieved from it  ::)  That would be very handy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:43:51 pm by Carly »

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2014, 10:42:50 pm »
The local Russian commander was celebrating and tweeting earlier they had shot down another Ukrainian transport.
Now that their mistake is clearly obvious, they are trying to deny it.

Will we finally see a response from NATO?

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2014, 10:44:34 pm »

Already typing up another angry letter to Russia.  That will teach them.

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2014, 10:44:50 pm »
Rebels found it and sent it straight to Russia.  Now if it was  teh rebels/russians involved you seriously think they will release the real data?

There is more than one black box, there is also the Boeing one which requires their intervention to interrogate the data.
It won't Putin much good to obstruct the investigation, the separtists already went public claiming it at the time.

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2014, 10:45:30 pm »
Already typing up another angry letter to Russia.  That will teach them.

NATO's spam deterrent.

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2014, 10:45:53 pm »
The local Russian commander was celebrating and tweeting earlier they had shot down another Ukrainian transport.
Now that their mistake is clearly obvious, they are trying to deny it.

I'll say it again, anything from Strelkov that isn't off icorpus.ru or from the war re-enactment forum which he frequents is not him if it's online.

Strelkov doesn't tweet or Facebook.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:25 pm »
Rebels found it and sent it straight to Russia.  Now if it was  teh rebels/russians involved you seriously think they will release the real data?

I only heard that the black box had been found they didn't say by whom, they said that investigators were there so I was hoping they'd found it. If it is the Rebels who found it then chances are you could be right.

If it is proved that the Rebels did it, I think the Russians will find themselves in a very awkward position. This crazy war has got a lot bigger now sadly.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2014, 10:51:51 pm »
I only heard that the black box had been found they didn't say by whom, they said that investigators were there so I was hoping they'd found it. If it is the Rebels who found it then chances are you could be right.

If it is proved that the Rebels did it, I think the Russians will find themselves in a very awkward position. This crazy war has got a lot bigger now sadly.

Sky reported that the rebels had announced they had discovered it.

You'd imagine they would of had some pretty high ranking advice on exactly what they was looking for considering they found it so quickly...
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:32 pm »
Update on MH17 passengers:

154 Netherlands
27 Australia
23 Malaysia
11 Indonesia
6 UK
4 Germany
4 Belgium
3 Philippines
1 Canada
Rest unconfirmed so far.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2014, 10:58:53 pm »
RIP.

Fucked up world we live in.

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2014, 10:59:05 pm »
Looking at the numbers. It seems like it's major tragedy for the Dutch rather than Malaysia.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:01:55 pm by Kadian »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2014, 10:59:53 pm »
Sky reported that the rebels had announced they had discovered it.

You'd imagine they would of had some pretty high ranking advice on exactly what they was looking for considering they found it so quickly...

I have not listened to any Sky reports so far only the BBC. It did strike my mind about them finding the box very quickly. Did they have help as you suggested, or where they just very lucky they came across it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »

154 Netherlands
27 Australia
23 Malaysia
11 Indonesia
6 UK
4 Germany
4 Belgium
3 Philippines
1 Canada
Rest unconfirmed so far.

Didn't they say 23 Americans earlier on?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2014, 11:03:05 pm »
What awful, awful news. RIP to all on board. :(

Saw this on Facebook. Apparently a Dutch fellow who was on the plane took a picture of it right before boarding in Amsterdam then posted it on Facebook. Don't know what the caption says, so if anyone who speaks Dutch can translate feel free.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=465419050262262&set=a.121009184703252.21333.100003825135026&type=1&theater

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2014, 11:03:40 pm »
I have not listened to any Sky reports so far only the BBC. It did strike my mind about them finding the box very quickly. Did they have help as you suggested, or where they just very lucky they came across it.
It will have been transmitting various beacons, it wont have been that hard to find if they have made a concerted effort to search for it.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2014, 11:05:18 pm »

Saw this on Facebook. Apparently a Dutch fellow who was on the plane took a picture of it right before boarding in Amsterdam then posted it on Faceboon. Don't know what the caption says, so if anyone who speaks Dutch can translate feel free.

Apparently he said if we go missing this is what the plane looks like. Probably not the only person to have done a joke like that since the last one went missing, came back badly this time though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2014, 11:06:15 pm »
It will have been transmitting various beacons, it wont have been that hard to find if they have made a concerted effort to search for it.

Fair enough, what about what someone said earlier that there are actually two black boxes, one of them can only be open by Boeing? Do you know if this is true?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2014, 11:07:48 pm »

Saw this on Facebook. Apparently a Dutch fellow who was on the plane took a picture of it right before boarding in Amsterdam then posted it on Facebook. Don't know what the caption says, so if anyone who speaks Dutch can translate feel free.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=465419050262262&set=a.121009184703252.21333.100003825135026&type=1&theater

I read online that it says something like "In case this plane disappears, this is what it looks like"

Very eerie to read.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2014, 11:07:56 pm »
Apparently he said if we go missing this is what the plane looks like. Probably not the only person to have done a joke like that since the last one went missing, came back badly this time though.

Yeah, I've taken dozens of photos like that myself of the plane I'm about to board. It's just one of those things you might do while you wait there and have nothing else to do. I've never posted it on Facebook, but this time it was posted and it's just chilling seeing that. The mother of all coincidences.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2014, 11:09:41 pm »
Fair enough, what about what someone said earlier that there are actually two black boxes, one of them can only be open by Boeing? Do you know if this is true?

Aircraft either have an FDR (Data) and CVR (Cockpit voice) or a CVFDR (single unit that does both), the investigative branch who has juristiction, normally the country where the aircraft came down or airspace involved, would normally send it back to the equipment manufacturer (of the recorder) for data download - under strict conditions.

I work for one of those said 'equipment manufacturers' and even though the product (recorders) are not ours, there are not too many other organizations that design and develop them.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:12:42 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2014, 11:10:57 pm »

154 Netherlands
27 Australia
23 Malaysia
11 Indonesia
6 UK
4 Germany
4 Belgium
3 Philippines
1 Canada
Rest unconfirmed so far.

Front page of the Mirror says 80 children thought to be on board. :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:16 pm »
I think it is pretty clear what has happened.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2014, 11:15:40 pm »
Aircraft either have an FDR (Data) and CVR (Cockpit voice) or a CVFDR (single unit that does both), the investigative branch who has juristiction, normally the country where the aircraft came down or airspace involved, would normally send it back to the equipment manufacturer (of the recorder) for data download - under strict conditions.

I work for one of those said 'equipment manufacturers' and even though the product (recorders) are not ours, there are not too many other organizations that design and develop them.

Interesting, thanks for that.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2014, 11:17:22 pm »
Interesting, thanks for that.

Sure.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2014, 11:19:40 pm »
I think it is pretty clear what has happened.

Is it?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2014, 11:20:17 pm »
That would be true. I've seen a video of people going through a load of passports at the crash site. Most of them were kids.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2014, 11:22:30 pm »

Holy fucking shit.

I was just passively listening to sky in the background, thought it said '8' children. I was thinking only 8 children aboard a flight that size was a low number.

80 is absolutely awful  :'( (Not that 8 isnt, mind)
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981