Author Topic: Jordan Henderson*  (Read 63256 times)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson*
« Reply #160 on: September 5, 2023, 08:35:45 pm »
There's so much to unpick and try to digest in that Henderson interview but one of them is the statement that he want's to make the Saudi league one of the best in the world.
My query is a big fucking WHY?
Why make it a personal mission in your early 30's to make a despicable country with an atrocious human rights record aim for an internationally competitive league and elevate the status of the country beyond what it presently deserves?

How does this accord with your values and respect for other cultures Jordan, this poor bloke has been sentenced to death just for a fucking Tweet.
https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/08/29/saudi-arabia-man-sentenced-death-tweets

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #161 on: September 5, 2023, 08:36:14 pm »
Lock the thread, auto correct his name to BULLSHITTER and let him fade into a distant memory.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 5, 2023, 08:37:12 pm »
Getting loads off Amnesty International now and SSN covering it.

Backfired big time this did it you wanker
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: September 5, 2023, 08:40:36 pm »
I disliked him for other reasons, just pointing out that he was average and never deserved to be captain of the club.

What were the other reasons?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 5, 2023, 08:48:02 pm »
Sometimes, Jordan, it's best to just not open your gob. Total car crash of an interview. I've defended him to an extent on the grounds of his conduct being so exemplary for all the years he represented our club. He was a brilliant captain, won everything and by all accounts is a top bloke. But he's just digging himself a mahoosive hole with his mixed up logic.

I still think if he came back to Anfield he'd get a good reception but he's just making it a lot harder for himself to even get in that position.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 5, 2023, 08:48:43 pm »
Should have been a fucking brick.

You spelt grenade wrong.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #166 on: September 5, 2023, 08:49:49 pm »

The sad part is that it probably isn't backfiring.

His target audience is the knuckle-dragging Ingerlund fans. Their moral viewpoint on most issues is probably perfectly aligned with the brutal Saudi regime. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 5, 2023, 08:50:59 pm »
Wanted to guarantee more playing time - checks out
Didn’t have loads of offers - certainly don’t didn’t have any others for £750k a week
Still believes in championing LGBTQ rights - erm …
Can’t be disrespectful towards his hosts’ religion - how convenient!

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #168 on: September 5, 2023, 08:54:12 pm »

Good, what a daft thing to come out with. I'm glad he's getting roasted now, he deserves it for acting as the Murderers jester.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 5, 2023, 09:02:57 pm »
https://twitter.com/__Beav/status/1698974761357807686

Slight Succession spoilers perhaps. But funny.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 5, 2023, 09:03:58 pm »
That was one of the most depressing interviews I've read for a good number of years. Every negative opinion that I had about all this and from every angle just seems to have ballooned so badly that I wouldn't even know where to start unpicking it all. Everything he said in this pile-up was wind - you should have just kept quiet Jordan and got on with it instead of digging a big hole for yourself... a hole that you'll lie in forever with nobody fucking arsed with filling it in.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #171 on: September 5, 2023, 09:06:27 pm »
he was always getting that contract extension, it was just taking too long for his liking, so he went running to the press. Klopp just wanted it sorted, as it was turning into a distraction it didn’t need to be, he didn’t sit there in the room negotiating it. 

But yeah, his arrogance is something, I get many players are arrogant, but his belief that he should be a starting 11 player for this team isn’t just confidence or bravado, it’s madness, and seems to point at someone who just doesn’t ‘get it’.  And didn’t realise he was a part of the problem last year.

It was ridiculous, he was 31, coming off a bad injury, and he had 2 years left on his deal and he went running to the press demanding 'give me the contract I want or i'm leaving'. I compared it at the time to Carragher's antics manouvering for a new deal when the club were in court for its future (when his legs had gone as well).

Up till then I thought he was dead sound, but didn't care much for him after that and was happy to get rid of him when the Saudis came calling, given his performances last season.

This interview though is something else, what a whopper.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 5, 2023, 09:14:22 pm »
I'll laugh myself silly if SSN take Henderson to pieces on this. They're exactly the people he wanted to get onside, because it's through them he can reach the Ingerlund mob. If they start taking the piss out of him, he's going to be seen as fool in every international game he manages to scrounge. Which I doubt will be many now.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #173 on: September 5, 2023, 09:27:34 pm »
'Kaveh Solhekol discusses Jordan Henderson's interview with the Athletic' - 5 minute Sky Sports News video segment:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fH1-Q984upw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fH1-Q984upw</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/fH1-Q984upw

'Jordan Henderson is struggling to justify Saudi Arabia move - Adam Crafton of The Athletic' - 3 minute Sky Sports News video segment:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IoZE4Ijs3zI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IoZE4Ijs3zI</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/IoZE4Ijs3zI

'LGBTQ+ groups react to Jordan Henderson interview in which he explains his move to Saudi Arabia' - 5 minute Sky Sports News video segment:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MTYIAZ_Yh38" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MTYIAZ_Yh38</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/MTYIAZ_Yh38

'Jordan Henderson apology ‘isn’t good enough,’ says Liverpool LGBTQ fans group':-

The England footballer says sorry to those who feel hurt by his transfer to Saudi Arabia — but gay supporters aren’t buying it.

www.outsports.com/2023/9/5/23860242/jordan-henderson-liverpool-saudi-arabia-gay-ally-lgbtq-fans

From the Athletic interview: Henderson questioning Amnesty International... because despite the 6500+ deaths and appalling work & living conditions reported over the years by the media and numerous human rights groups... Qatar wheeled out some happy workers for him to talk to... whilst living in luxury in an isolated England training camp for a month.

« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 09:56:38 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 5, 2023, 09:29:16 pm »
The sad part is that it probably isn't backfiring.

His target audience is the knuckle-dragging Ingerlund fans. Their moral viewpoint on most issues is probably perfectly aligned with the brutal Saudi regime. 

It'll appeal to the knuckle draggers yes, but the decent people will see him being a c*nt. In the statement SSN read out from Amnesty, they mentioned the jailing of Salma al-Shehab and the death sentence handed down to Muhammad al-Ghamdi for tweets as well as pointing out he is assisting the sportswashing

Kop Outs are calling him out on it

Kop Outs! 🌈⚽🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️
@LFC_LGBT
No acceptance by Henderson of his role in sportswashing, trying to disguise the disgusting Saudi human rights record. This sounds more like an attempt to rebuild his "brand", sorry isn't good enough
@JHenderson
, actions speak louder than words.
Adam Crafton
@AdamCrafton_
·
13h
🚨Exclusive @TheAthleticFC
Jordan Henderson’s first interview since leaving Liverpool for Saudi Arabia (with me & @David_Ornstein). Everything on the table: why he left, new life in Saudi & extended conversation on his perceived betrayal of LGBT community https://theathletic.com/4831793/2023/09/05/jordan-henderson-interview-saudi/
8:29 AM · Sep 5, 2023

Jurgen YNWA

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 5, 2023, 09:30:38 pm »
Respecting their religion and culture?

It's certainly an interesting argument.

I wonder, after months of taking the knee, would he make that case if it was a country where black people had no rights. If it was like apartheid South Africa, would he just shrug his shoulders and put any racial discrimination down to a matter of cultural/religious difference? A set of beliefs that should be respected? Somehow, I think not.

Funny how cognitive dissonance works.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #176 on: September 5, 2023, 09:34:21 pm »
There's so much to unpick and try to digest in that Henderson interview but one of them is the statement that he want's to make the Saudi league one of the best in the world.
Why make it a personal mission in your early 30's to make a despicable country with an atrocious human rights record aim for an internationally competitive league and elevate the status of the country beyond what it presently deserves?

How does this accord with your values and respect for other cultures Jordan, this poor bloke has been sentenced to death just for a fucking Tweet.
A logical but disgusting reason could be that he sees this as a long term thing, being an ambassador for the saudis after his career as player has ended.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #177 on: September 5, 2023, 09:40:06 pm »
A logical but disgusting reason could be that he sees this as a long term thing, being an ambassador for the saudis after his career as player has ended.

No chance, he’s just trying any which way he can to justify his move. Rather than being honest for just once in this whole sorry saga, and say it’s for money, he and whoever advises him (REALLY FUCKING BADLY I might add), decided to think up a few reasons why he went there. And this was one of them.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 5, 2023, 09:40:51 pm »

Think he's just repeating what they told him when they signed him. It sounded good to him, so it must make sense, right?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #179 on: September 5, 2023, 09:41:20 pm »
That was one of the most depressing interviews I've read for a good number of years. Every negative opinion that I had about all this and from every angle just seems to have ballooned so badly that I wouldn't even know where to start unpicking it all. Everything he said in this pile-up was wind - you should have just kept quiet Jordan and got on with it instead of digging a big hole for yourself... a hole that you'll lie in forever with nobody fucking arsed with filling it in.

Exactly. Better to remain silent and be thought a shallow sportswashing shill than to speak and remove all doubt.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 5, 2023, 09:49:34 pm »
Been procesing this a bit throught the day. My opinion moved from mildy disgusted to actually full on ‘go fuck yourself you asshole’.

Time heals I guess.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: September 5, 2023, 09:49:40 pm »
Never thought I'd see a man demolish his LFC legacy quicker than Michael Owen did, but here we are.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 5, 2023, 10:01:55 pm »
I've never liked this guy. Always thought he was a very average player who had a few good moments and was made to look good by the players around him, but obviously never said it on here as I'd get pelters.

Always hated the fact that he was our captain for years and got to do all the trophy lifts when it should've been VVD, Alisson or Salah.
Disagree entirely. He was everything about Klopp’s Liverpool. He didn’t have to be technically outstanding. His work off the ball made him crucial to the way we played. As a captain, by all accounts he was fantastic. He should have been one of our biggest legends and fondly remembered for many years to come, but he really messed that up and it’s a huge shame.

I think the Torres transfer is used quite commonly when fans say that they’ll never get invested in a player again, but Henderson’s situation really hits differently. Less anger, more disappointment, a feeling of being let down.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 10:04:31 pm by Clint Eastwood »

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #183 on: September 5, 2023, 10:09:18 pm »
It's certainly an interesting argument.

I wonder, after months of taking the knee, would he make that case if it was a country where black people had no rights. If it was like apartheid South Africa, would he just shrug his shoulders and put any racial discrimination down to a matter of cultural/religious difference? A set of beliefs that should be respected? Somehow, I think not.

Funny how cognitive dissonance works.

I am really disappointed with all of our former players who have bent the knee for Saudi coin. But, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt after that interview, I do wonder if Jordan is just a bit thick. Like maybe he is just so isolated from the real world and simply not smart enough to understand  the situation and why his actions have upset people so he ends up digging a deeper hole trying to explain himself.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 5, 2023, 10:09:36 pm »
Weird interview.

He can't be the brightest.

It’s great work by The Athletic. He probably thinks it’s a PR piece for him, but they’ve basically just outed him as an absolute c*nt.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 5, 2023, 10:10:26 pm »
I said he only cared about England and was right!

Southgate even said he called him said would moving affect me getting into the squad. He isn’t arsed about being on the England bench.

The man has lost all credibility!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #186 on: September 5, 2023, 10:19:17 pm »
I’ve said before how disappointing this was to me, probably more so than any of the others who sold their souls. I do have some sympathy though if we believe that no one made any effort to convince him he was wanted or should stay. With everything he’s done for the club and given in terms of leadership and commitment, that is quite sad.

However that is very much tempered as he still had the choice, albeit if he was told he wasn’t going to be involved as much it made leaving easier.

Just not to there, there’s no excuse for that. He could have found other interested parties if he felt unwanted. They may not have paid as much but he’d have been ok money wise.

So ultimately still not buying it Jordan, even if it is disappointing to me that he was left feeling that way by the club
Why though?
No one's told him to go. That's how EVERYONE who wants to stay, are "treated". If they're surplus, they will be told- and one thing we can agree on, is that LFC honors its valuable players- if they want to stay and run down their contracts, they can. Not ideal, but they put in a shift over the years.

Why do they need to tell him they want him to stay, when they didn't tell him, he's free to go in the first place?

He's a grown man, a senior at the club, and a "captain". Now he needs an arm around the shoulder?
That's just a sneaky way to throw Klopp and the staff under the bus, and blame them for his greed.

"Nothing bad to say about the club..".. yeah, cause you did it already!
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 10:25:40 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 5, 2023, 10:23:57 pm »
https://twitter.com/adamrowecomedy/status/1698996661798744445

Amnesty International: Qatar used slaves to build their World Cup stadiums, they lived in horrific conditions and a lot of them died whilst building them due to lack of humanity from the slave driving regime.

Jordan Henderson: a dunnaaa abowt that lyk they picked me up inna limo

His timeline is great.  Some great shouts out there just laying into the tit.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 5, 2023, 10:31:58 pm »
Might be a huge exaggeration here, but this kills him off, but will hopefully stop others making the same move out there. He has exposed the hypocrisy in it all in one interview.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 5, 2023, 10:32:01 pm »
The interview or the move doesn't tarnish what he did as player or captain for me. But the move lessened my respect for him as a human being and this interview confirms he's a bit of a dimwit with no sense of perspective.

As for the idea he could be welcomed back to Anfield, he's delusional. He'd be booed out of the building. Unfortunately, with this kind of outlook, people often move to the other extremes because people on their side 'didn't want them' or 'turned against them'. I'd hate to see that with Hendo, I just hope he (and Gerrard, Fowler, Bobby, etc) can gain that empathy, perspective and moral backbone to do the right thing someday and look beyond their own personal interest.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #190 on: September 5, 2023, 10:34:20 pm »
Think the reason why many are fuming is because they spent eons defending his footballing ability and putting him up on the pedestal by saying shit like he’s a decent human being and the best captain ever, how he’s a better captain than Gerrard and all that nonsense. He conned pretty much the entire fanbase lmao. I feel vindictive knowing that I have always shat on him being a waste of space in our team. Rode on so many backs for the glory over the last several years. A supposed piano carrier, but the team ended up carrying him. Fuck off Jordan

I come from a different direction. I never thought Henderson was much cop as a footballer and I think it's a wonderful thing that Jurgen can no longer pick him (even to come on as a sub). He had some good games of course but on the whole he was carried by the team. We won't miss him for his football and in Dominik Szoboszlai we're already seeing what a proper number 8 can do in a Liverpool team coached by Klopp.

However I grew to like Henderson as a captain and as a man. I was proud that a Liverpool skipper could show some solidarity with the gay community, and talk intelligently about Black Lives Matter etc. I even began to temper my criticism of his football shortcomings because I liked the bloke. So his departure is a kick in the teeth. Black lives do NOT matter in Saudi Arabia and gay people live in a state of permanent fear and denial. I don't know whether he wrestled with the decision to drop LFC and take the Saudi coin. But it hardly matters. He should have known instinctively what was the right thing to do. I very much doubt he'll get much respect if he ever comes back to Anfield for a day out.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #191 on: September 5, 2023, 10:47:18 pm »
This isn’t true. He was a great captain, one of the best the club ever had. However he’s ruined that legacy, but to say he didn’t deserve to be captain is bollocks. While you can call into question the level of his talent, you can’t do that about his captaincy.

Some real revisionism going on now.

He should be rightly criticised for his move and the very deep hole he’s dug with this inane interview but all of a sudden to rewrite history is a bit weird.

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 5, 2023, 10:48:12 pm »
It's all very grim, he will regret the move if not already. If he educated himself realised he was targeted by saudi because of what he said about people's rights  and fucked it off sharpish it could actually have a beneficial affect on the issue, won't hold my breath interview seems he is badly advised and not sharp enough to see how he is being exploited albeit being paid riches.
No time for caution.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 5, 2023, 10:49:15 pm »
What a prick. Love how he thought this interview was the smart thing to do.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 5, 2023, 10:51:48 pm »
It's all very grim, he will regret the move if not already. If he educated himself realised he was targeted by saudi because of what he said about people's rights  and fucked it off sharpish it could actually have a beneficial affect on the issue, won't hold my breath interview seems he is badly advised and not sharp enough to see how he is being exploited albeit being paid riches.
i think he might regret not being loved by our fans, but i no longer think - seeing this interview - that he has the faculties/introspection or motivation to really explore the decision and whether he fucked up. strikes me as the kind of insecure little man who will contort and do all kinds of mental gymnastics to avoid having to consider that he didn't act perfectly. I think he'll find some way or another to blame others 100% and himself 0%.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #195 on: September 5, 2023, 10:56:59 pm »
Prince Andrew's interview with Emily Maitlis was comically bad. This is up there. Fuck me.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #196 on: September 5, 2023, 11:02:23 pm »
Why though?
No one's told him to go. That's how EVERYONE who wants to stay, are "treated". If they're surplus, they will be told- and one thing we can agree on, is that LFC honors its valuable players- if they want to stay and run down their contracts, they can. Not ideal, but they put in a shift over the years.

Why do they need to tell him they want him to stay, when they didn't tell him, he's free to go in the first place?

He's a grown man. Now he needs an arm around the shoulder?
That's just a rat-like way to throw Klopp and the staff under the bus, and blame them for his greed.
Perhaps I’ve not put this very well. Sympathy was definitely the wrong word.

Just felt sad to me that our captain of 12 years, and he was a great captain was not wanted anymore. Although being totally ruthless, maybe that was the correct call.

I guess on first seeing that, it felt a bit of a harsh way to deal with our captain. That’s all I was trying to to say. I suppose I did initially feel some sympathy for that and that alone.

The rest of it as I’ve said before is extremely disappointing. And the interview in itself is a bit Ron Atkinson-esque and was another terrible decision, and maybe what it does show is that he wasn’t what he seemed.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 5, 2023, 11:03:36 pm »
Some real revisionism going on now.

He should be rightly criticised for his move and the very deep hole he’s dug with this inane interview but all of a sudden to rewrite history is a bit weird.
The ‘revisionists’ might be taking it a little far, largely because of annoyance at his recent decisions as well as the fact that they can finally say what they thought of Henderson for so long, but they do have a point.

He was one of the least naturally talented first team regulars we had at the time, and, perhaps relative to his position, the very least talented:  The only regulars who were less talented footballers than him were playing in defence and were meant to have other skills. while he had quite good technical ability in some areas, in others he was weak for a midfielder playing in one of the great English sides of the last 30 years.

He was good, and a good leader, but not great. We don’t have to pretend anymore.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #198 on: September 5, 2023, 11:07:37 pm »
The ‘revisionists’ might be taking it a little far, largely because of annoyance at his recent decisions as well as the fact that they can finally say what they thought of Henderson for so long, but they do have a point.

He was one of the least naturally talented first team regulars we had at the time, and, perhaps relative to his position, the very least talented:  The only regulars who were less talented footballers than him were playing in defence and were meant to have other skills. while he had quite good technical ability in some areas, in others he was weak for a midfielder playing in one of the great English sides of the last 30 years.

He was good, and a good leader, but not great. We don’t have to pretend anymore.

But did anyone ever say he was great? He was a member of a very ‘water carrier’ midfield that let more talented players show their skills.

Once Thiago came on the scene it became apparent what a skilful midfielder looked like. Just a pity he’s not available on a regular basis.

Offline seandundee16

• Main Stander
« Reply #199 on: September 5, 2023, 11:14:19 pm »
How he thought giving that interview was a good idea is anyones guess. He’s never come across as the most cerebral of footballers and his judgement in this instance was very poor. He’s trying to insult peoples intelligence and has probably stood on a few peoples toes in the process (mostly Klopp).

He owes Liverpool and Klopp an awful lot and he overachieved massively relative to his level of natural ability. That’s not to say he wasn’t a good player and a very well respected lad in the dressing room. Plus he will be attached to our recent successful spell as people will associate the vision of him lifting the trophies with his status within the club. However compared to say Milner, who to my mind was much more of a natural born leader and more intelligent footballer he doesn’t compare favourably.