Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 506005 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #13000 on: Today at 01:09:42 pm »
Song anyone?

This isn't Rotterdam or anywhere it's Liverpool not Rome, but everywhere that Arne goes he doesn't need a comb. Doesn't need a comb.

;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13001 on: Today at 01:14:44 pm »
Got his work cut out for him to be honest.

Online KC7

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13002 on: Today at 01:16:01 pm »
He will be looking at our vulnerable we are when teams break.

Endo is shockingly slow.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #13003 on: Today at 01:16:03 pm »
He's fucked if this is going to be the squad next season.

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #13004 on: Today at 01:19:46 pm »
All right, give the bloke a chance. Not even sat in his office yet.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13005 on: Today at 01:36:30 pm »
Delete that before rossi sees it.
Thanks but too late...

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13006 on: Today at 01:56:41 pm »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/dc_lfZKpJ3U?si=rtiyGyNvsZqnuyqE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/dc_lfZKpJ3U?si=rtiyGyNvsZqnuyqE</a>

That, for me, could be the reason that we DON'T offer him the job.

Even if he is currently the #1 option, given how tight-lipped our club are, would the simple fact that he quite obviously can't keep his mouth shut about an ongoing negotiation make us think again?

If he can't give a simple "No comment" to that, then he proven himself to be indiscrete, which probably won't sit well with our directors.
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13007 on: Today at 02:09:37 pm »

Even if he is currently the #1 option, given how tight-lipped our club are, would the simple fact that he quite obviously can't keep his mouth shut about an ongoing negotiation make us think again?

If he can't give a simple "No comment" to that, then he proven himself to be indiscrete, which probably won't sit well with our directors.

I'm liking everything I hear of him as a coach, but yes this side of him is a big negative. He did end up sacked at AZ because of the way he went about his negotiations with Feyenoord.

Actually seen an interview in where he stated his dream club to manage would be Barcelona. If he were to explode and become an elite manager and Barca ever came calling, you would have to worry about him acting in the same manner. Imagine a similar interview with Kelly Cates in where you replace Barca with Liverpool in his message.

Online Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13008 on: Today at 02:20:47 pm »
I'm liking everything I hear of him as a coach, but yes this side of him is a big negative. He did end up sacked at AZ because of the way he went about his negotiations with Feyenoord.

Actually seen an interview in where he stated his dream club to manage would be Barcelona. If he were to explode and become an elite manager and Barca ever came calling, you would have to worry about him acting in the same manner. Imagine a similar interview with Kelly Cates in where you replace Barca with Liverpool in his message.
As long as we win big in the interim- no problem
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13009 on: Today at 02:27:29 pm »
Amorim: "Obviously my trip was a mistake, the timing was completely wrong, it didn't seem right at the time. It was wrong, especially when I'm so demanding with my players and always the first to say that each one's problems don't go away. They can overpower the team, I have already removed players from the squad for much less. It was my mistake, I have to accept it and live with it."

So he was trying to flush us out. :lmao

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13010 on: Today at 02:28:29 pm »
It's mad Arne got more grief in this thread for saying he'd like the job than he got for his ridiculous antics.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13011 on: Today at 02:30:21 pm »
He sounds like a chancer.  ;D

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #13012 on: Today at 02:34:28 pm »
Whoever it is I don't care what formation he prefers I hope to fuck he knows how to sort out set piece defending. Oh and if possible come up with something clever in the opposite box.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online KC7

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13013 on: Today at 03:05:48 pm »
If he was watching that today I think he'd have liked alot of what he saw.

Wonderful technicians (as Rodgers would say) throughout the team, but a real lack of athleticism in key positions (DM and upfront (bar Diaz)).

He's big on speed, so expect those areas to be addressed in the window.

It's a great job for the new guy to take on as the things to work on, and there isn't that much, are obvious.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13014 on: Today at 03:08:15 pm »
Does he play with a Kante, Mascherano type of DM? I hope to fuck he does and that's his first signing.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13015 on: Today at 03:15:44 pm »
A double pivot would be good. Bit sick of seeing a central midfielder going out wide as if it's some sort of tactical masterstroke while we then lose the midfield battle right in the centre.
@paulair

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13016 on: Today at 03:28:27 pm »
Something about the mentality of the players that's not quite right. It's all or nothing. We've had too many moments under klopp where we reach huge heights then fall off completely. Obviously the former is because of his insane ability to get the best out of players and squeeze out every last % of skill and energy. But how sustainable is it for players? Probably not very much. 3 seasons now where we've had long periods of just completely falling away. Covid season there were mitigating factors. It probably means we need better players who can  deal with the pressures of the success we crave without needing the manager to bring it out of them. I don't know. But the fact that we played so so well first half in the United game then so badly and have since then completely given up is really worrying. How can you have such fragile self belief that it disappears so quickly? Even though you know you're brilliant and capable. The whole thing is obviously mentally very exhausting for the players as much as the manager and this is something the new management team will have to really think about
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13017 on: Today at 03:30:59 pm »
Come on Arnie. You can do better than this Klopp fella 😁
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13018 on: Today at 03:36:43 pm »

He hasn't even started yet and some of our supporters are already forensically analysing his every action.
Give it a rest, we have plenty other issues to worry about at the moment