Author Topic: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤  (Read 240959 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Reply #3880 on: April 21, 2024, 08:58:35 pm »
Came in did his job and helped us to three points.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3881 on: April 21, 2024, 09:00:07 pm »
Sure our 8s have a good first touch, but they are far too easy to mark.

IMO Jones, Gravenberch, Harvey and Szobo have similar problems. They have skill, but they play too cute and with too many touches and slow us down. Their off the ball work is not sufficient.
Endo is a better player at his job, and often his simple passes are much more effective.

Mac is more skilled than Endo, and importantly hes able to use it effectively.

This is why Id rather see upgrades at 8 than at 6

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3882 on: April 21, 2024, 11:10:57 pm »
I think he needed that little rest, he was looking tired to be fair, but much more refreshed today.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #3883 on: April 22, 2024, 01:23:22 pm »
I like Endo, and I hope he has a squad role with us for another season or two, but it's obvious in every game we play that he is targeted by opposition managers as a weak-link on the ball.

Watch closely and you'll notice that every time he is on the ball for more than a few seconds, he is immediately pressed, in a way that MacAllister, Szobo, Jones, Elliott aren't.

As he isnt the best on the ball, he has been caught in possession a few times in recent games, and I think the team needs a new first choice DM, who is strong on the ball, to which Endo would then take on a squad role/cup games.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3884 on: April 22, 2024, 04:49:37 pm »
I like Endo, and I hope he has a squad role with us for another season or two, but it's obvious in every game we play that he is targeted by opposition managers as a weak-link on the ball.

Watch closely and you'll notice that every time he is on the ball for more than a few seconds, he is immediately pressed, in a way that MacAllister, Szobo, Jones, Elliott aren't.

As he isnt the best on the ball, he has been caught in possession a few times in recent games, and I think the team needs a new first choice DM, who is strong on the ball, to which Endo would then take on a squad role/cup games.

All of our 6’s have been targeted over the years. It’s a potential weak link in our system that opens up both sides of the pitch on the counter, the easiest path to the goal. Even Fabinho was susceptible. He’s not exactly known for playing with the ball at his feet.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #3885 on: April 25, 2024, 12:49:25 am »
Couldn't find the Endo thread was on the 2nd page. He's gone from one of the most discussed players to no mention. Probably sums up the disappointment we all feel now with the way the season has ended after a shit month

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3886 on: April 25, 2024, 12:51:26 am »
I reckon he has taken Milner’s tag for the worst Derby sub performance by a Liverpool player in Klopp’s tenure.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3887 on: April 25, 2024, 12:57:08 am »
The irony is that our biggest problem over the last month has been the ability of the six to get the ball to the eights.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3888 on: April 25, 2024, 02:19:06 am »
I reckon he has taken Milner’s tag for the worst Derby sub performance by a Liverpool player in Klopp’s tenure.
Really don’t see the point of digging out individual players when the entire team breaks down. There were obviously bigger problems than Endo.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3889 on: Yesterday at 01:20:52 pm »
Frightening how often he gets left for dead.
Don't post during the fucking game.

Thanks

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3890 on: Yesterday at 03:40:04 pm »
He’s a long way from being good enough for a CL team, let alone a title hunting team. Given that our frailty is in transition he’s far too slow and given how much we can struggle to build up through a press he’s far too vunerable in tight spaces and when being pressed.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3891 on: Yesterday at 03:41:18 pm »
He's what he is. Has surpassed expectations and he'll be a decent squad player next year.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3892 on: Yesterday at 03:46:44 pm »
He's what he is. Has surpassed expectations and he'll be a decent squad player next year.

In some games he’s easily surpassed expectations. Against City for example. But in others he’s been significantly below them.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3893 on: Yesterday at 03:47:59 pm »
In some games he’s easily surpassed expectations. Against City for example. But in others he’s been significantly below them.
There was no expectation to begin with :D

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3894 on: Yesterday at 03:49:19 pm »
There was no expectation to begin with :D

If Klopp signs a player for £16 million I expect a player good enough to play for Liverpool. Otherwise why do it. And in some games he’s been more than good enough. But in others he’s been no where near good enough.

Online KC7

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3895 on: Yesterday at 04:42:11 pm »
It was the "we need your legs" comment from Jurgen in meeting him that was surprising when you see him play.

It was like Steptoe had stepped on the field vs Newcastle. It was anything but legs. It could well be the German league makes you look quicker (he looked it on his YouTube footage, plus Keita looked much more powerful/quicker in that league). The first showing various people suggested he was tired having just signed, that was the hope anyway, but then you saw him again and he really is that slow. When he went off at Newcastle the tempo immediately ramped up, and we overturned a game in which we had been dominated. As you'd expect he has improved in his understanding of the team since then, and hes tidy, but the lack of athleticism and the effect he has on the 8s who have to stay near him so as not to expose him, restricts the midfield.

I dont think he would get in a top 10 PL side (he definitely wouldn't get in the 14th place Palace side who targeted him twice), this league is just so demanding physically (though Atalanta also did it to us/him). We saw last season what happened with Fabinho's legs going, pretty much every opposition ran through our midfield at will. Southampton who were already relegated opened up us time and again, with a completely shot Fabinho trailing behind the runners.

We were despondent in the summer when the big DM deals fell through as we knew how vital that position was. When Endo's name came up there was almost an incredulity (lots of googling), then Jurgen's first comments to him, which sounded promising (I thought this fella was going to be a Ji Sung Park type who could run all day). Its then when you see him, and the lack of mobility, and the restrictions it places on the midfield, when reality set in. The midfield has been disjointed all season as there isnt enough running power in the DM position to track runners when teams break (saw it again multiple times today, including when Bowen breezed past him which ended up with Allison saving, and when Kudus went past him which saw him get booked for dragging him back). The passivity, the lack of speed, athleticism, intensity, the lack of screening the back line, the slower tempo he imposes on the team, the 8s having to play closer to him as they know he doesn't have recovery pace when teams break (and being compact is not suited to a pressing side which takes risks), the effects are wide ranging. The 6 doing his job allows the 8s to do theres, and the whole team functions better, attacks are more effective with the 8s further advanced, and the defence has someone protecting them, putting out fires, preventing easy chances being given up (and we give up easy chances aplenty with a dreadful United putting 6 past us in 2 games despite us dominating possession).

It's such a key position that we have now gone two seasons without an adequate one for what the club aspires to achieve. It's the first thing Slot has to address as no doubt Klopp would have done.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:44:29 pm by KC7 »

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3896 on: Yesterday at 08:46:31 pm »
Why the hell should we waste time verbally beating on a squad player who’s worked like a dog through an injury crisis and been seriously overplayed this season? His only cover is Mac who’s also been overplayed? It’s clear we don’t have enough depth for the position given the intensity with which we play. Endo is gassed. We need Bajcetic back in pronto.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3897 on: Yesterday at 08:49:50 pm »

Not his fault the club failed to bring a top young dm.