Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279687 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #3600 on: June 15, 2020, 09:10:59 am »
Rashford may be overrated as shit on the field, but he is an excellent human being.

He's a top, top bloke and hugely admirable, but I also think that he's a really good player. He'd make a great backup to our 3 strikers. And he's only 22, so you know Jurgen would really improve his game.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3601 on: June 15, 2020, 09:18:37 am »
Brilliant stuff from Rashford. Using his position of relative influence to help out the communities like the one he came from.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3602 on: June 15, 2020, 09:46:07 am »
Credit to Rashford, he doesn't have to do anything but he's making this stuff public and raising funds/awareness
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3603 on: June 15, 2020, 09:53:16 am »
Brilliant stuff from Rashford. Using his position of relative influence to help out the communities like the one he came from.

great stuff from him.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3604 on: June 15, 2020, 09:56:43 am »
https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1272302819819823105
Always thought he was a bit of a twat being Lingard's sidekick but that's a great letter. Fair play to him.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3605 on: June 15, 2020, 10:13:12 am »
Well said Marcus Rashford
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3606 on: June 15, 2020, 10:22:02 am »
BBC saying they have upped their big for Grealish to £75m.

Please make it 90 and let it happen.
if that happens then no sancho for this summer

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3607 on: June 15, 2020, 11:27:57 am »
if that happens then no sancho for this summer

It's being tried BECAUSE no Sancho this summer
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3608 on: June 15, 2020, 11:29:50 am »
BBC saying they have upped their big for Grealish to £75m.

Please make it 90 and let it happen.

Hahaha, oh God please.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3609 on: June 15, 2020, 11:36:40 am »
Its the bbc gossip section quoting the daily star. I would not put mich faith in it

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #3610 on: June 15, 2020, 11:38:01 am »
Hahaha, oh God please.

Him squeezing into a child’s sized kit whilst Shaw squeezes into a XXL  :lmao
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3611 on: June 15, 2020, 12:12:57 pm »
Yep. Well in Marcus Rashford.

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: June 15, 2020, 12:34:04 pm »
RAWK's blindspot for Rashford's ability is one of the 8 wonders of the world.

In what sense, it is perfectly feasible for somebody to be good and still also be very overrated?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3613 on: June 15, 2020, 12:39:01 pm »
Fair fucking play Marcus Rashford.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3614 on: June 15, 2020, 12:42:55 pm »
Fair fucking play Marcus Rashford.

If there is any kind of SPOTY this year he is a 1/50 shot.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3615 on: June 15, 2020, 01:31:59 pm »

;D

Not just with him, happens with a load of players, it’s pretty funny.

Whereas Rashford being in that top 10 list the other day was funny (but the list as a whole is bizarre), he is clearly a very good player, and one of the few Man Utd should be building around.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #3616 on: June 15, 2020, 01:33:37 pm »
He's a good lad isn't he. It's great to see a young player so articulate and committed to a cause - shame he's a Manc of course, but we can't all be perfect.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3617 on: June 15, 2020, 02:18:00 pm »
Well in to him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #3618 on: June 15, 2020, 03:54:09 pm »
I see, according to the BBC Sport site, that Sheffield United are hopeful of Dean Henderson's loan being extended until the end of the season.
It's a strange situation, particularly as Sheffield United are a rival to Man Utds attempt to qualify for a European competition.
 I'm surprised that it has still not been sorted yet either, with the League starting again on Wednesday.
If Utd pull the plug, all of a sudden, Sheff Utd would be left without their first choice keeper from July until the end of the season.
However, I do get the impression, that Man Utd are happy enough for him to remain there next season, so will probably agree to it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3620 on: June 15, 2020, 04:14:22 pm »
I see, according to the BBC Sport site, that Sheffield United are hopeful of Dean Henderson's loan being extended until the end of the season.
It's a strange situation, particularly as Sheffield United are a rival to Man Utds attempt to qualify for a European competition.
 I'm surprised that it has still not been sorted yet either, with the League starting again on Wednesday.
If Utd pull the plug, all of a sudden, Sheff Utd would be left without their first choice keeper from July until the end of the season.
However, I do get the impression, that Man Utd are happy enough for him to remain there next season, so will probably agree to it.

I thought that ManU had already agreed he could stay.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Rheinbacher

• Main Stander
« Reply #3621 on: June 15, 2020, 05:27:09 pm »
Fair play Marcus Rashford,great stuff.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3622 on: June 15, 2020, 05:37:10 pm »
Can't knock that at all from Rashford.  Good to see he's remembering his roots and campaigning for it in a way that everyone can get behind.  A shame that the letter is sent to a compassionless cockwomble like Johnson.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3623 on: June 15, 2020, 05:47:42 pm »
I'm sure their fans will be back to singing about poverty in Liverpool soon, without an ounce of self awareness of what Marcus Rashford has been campaigning for.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3624 on: June 15, 2020, 06:01:06 pm »
Is that awesome Marcus Rashford behaviour a new way issuing a come get me plea to Klopp?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3625 on: June 15, 2020, 07:21:57 pm »
I'm sure their fans will be back to singing about poverty in Liverpool soon, without an ounce of self awareness of what Marcus Rashford has been campaigning for.

Meanwhile the foodbank less than a mile from the ground gave out 3188 food parcels in 2019 and child poverty in Old Trafford runs at 49%

They're thick as fuck some of their lot.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3626 on: June 15, 2020, 08:09:36 pm »

;D

So true.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3627 on: June 15, 2020, 08:30:02 pm »

I wouldn't go this far but he's definitely under rated by parts of this forum. I think maybe because from an early age he was touted as being better than he was. After a really good breakthrough year his next 2 season were OK to good. Nothing great.

I think the last 2 seasons he's made massive strides in his overall game but more so in his output. Since the start of the 2018/19 season he's got 47 goal contributions (32 goals and 15 assists) in 63 starts and 11 sub appearances. This is for a player who is still only 22 and not playing for one best teams in the league currently.

I don't think he's close to the level of our front 3 but in terms of output, as measured by assist and goals per start, he's similar to Mane over the same time period. Mane has scored and assisted more over a larger number of games  - 44 goals and 17 assists in 83 starts. In terms of minutes per goal contribution (goal or assist), Mane and Rashford are almost identical since the start of 2018/19.

Like I said I don't think he's a World Class player or even Top 5 in terms of attacking players in the Premier League. However, he's much better than some people give him credit for and a well better player than the likes of Martial, who conversely seems to be viewed as a really good player/talent by some.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3628 on: June 15, 2020, 10:51:20 pm »
I wouldn't go this far but he's definitely under rated by parts of this forum. I think maybe because from an early age he was touted as being better than he was. After a really good breakthrough year his next 2 season were OK to good. Nothing great.

I think the last 2 seasons he's made massive strides in his overall game but more so in his output. Since the start of the 2018/19 season he's got 47 goal contributions (32 goals and 15 assists) in 63 starts and 11 sub appearances. This is for a player who is still only 22 and not playing for one best teams in the league currently.

I don't think he's close to the level of our front 3 but in terms of output, as measured by assist and goals per start, he's similar to Mane over the same time period. Mane has scored and assisted more over a larger number of games  - 44 goals and 17 assists in 83 starts. In terms of minutes per goal contribution (goal or assist), Mane and Rashford are almost identical since the start of 2018/19.

Like I said I don't think he's a World Class player or even Top 5 in terms of attacking players in the Premier League. However, he's much better than some people give him credit for and a well better player than the likes of Martial, who conversely seems to be viewed as a really good player/talent by some.

He's got quite a few penalties in there too, doesn't he?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3629 on: June 16, 2020, 12:03:25 am »
Brilliant from Rashford.  Seems genuine about it too which makes it even better. 

Also this.  I will never understand fans singing about this. 

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3630 on: June 16, 2020, 12:50:13 am »
Good stuff from Rashford.

Doing an amazing thing there. Really well done.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Rheinbacher

• Main Stander
« Reply #3631 on: June 16, 2020, 02:58:53 am »
Please @ his letter to your local MP on twitter, especially if you live in a Tory constituency.

The labour party should be getting behind it but Sir Keir is too afraid off pissing off the Sun/Daily Mail.

https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1272302819819823105

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3632 on: June 16, 2020, 02:59:57 am »
Please @ his letter to your local MP on twitter, especially if you live in a Tory constituency.

The labour party should be getting behind it but Sir Keir is too afraid off pissing off the Sun/Daily Mail.

:lmao
https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1272629637852643328

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3634 on: June 16, 2020, 09:30:38 am »
He's got quite a few penalties in there too, doesn't he?

Think he's got 7 penalties in that time, so about 20% of his goals.

Non penalty goal contributions he's 40 (25 goals and 15 assists) in 63 starts since the start of 2018/19. Reckon that would put him somewhere around 10th-12th in the Premier League in that period, if you strip out penalty goals for everyone.

Outside our's and City's players, I reckon Aubameyang probably has the most goal contributions over the same time period. Kane, Son and Vardy would probably all be ahead of Rashford as well. Can't be bothered looking into the exact figures but as a guess I reckon those 4 plus our front 3, Sterling Aguero, Mahrez and Jesus would probably be ahead of Rashford in terms of non-penalty goal contributions. De Bruyne probably would be also if he played more in 2018/19.

I would guess Rashford at 22, alongside Gabriel Jesus, would be the youngest out of the Top 10 or so players. He's a promising young player and defo not as average as some people have suggested.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3635 on: June 16, 2020, 10:15:39 am »

Ha ha

The Corbinista still hitting that nail on the head.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3636 on: June 16, 2020, 10:19:58 am »

This forum has a tendency to not rate players from rival English teams. Ronaldo would be banging in hat tricks every weekend in Spain, and people would still find a way to talk him down because of his United past. Also 'kick and rush' Bale would flop at Madrid, four Champion Leagues later...

Rashford on the left, is a world class player in the making. However the lad is still convinced he is proper number 9, which wastes his talents.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3637 on: June 16, 2020, 10:27:39 am »
The last few pages of the RAWK Meltdown thread are absolutely hilarious

Tiny tears of frustration and angst on every page :)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3638 on: June 16, 2020, 10:36:11 am »
Just to echo other's sentiments, Rashford is a top fella. Well in.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3639 on: June 16, 2020, 10:48:02 am »
Just to echo other's sentiments, Rashford is a top fella. Well in.

He is. Well done him for showing up the hypocrisy of the likes of Hancock telling footballers to do more. And hopefully it will make their fans think twice too (but we all know it won’t).