Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1045890 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Ah, I thought the lannisters split at Winterfell. But its more about the logic of the deal, is a threat still a threat when no ones around to pay

Oh, my bad. I just realised the threat was killing them then with his intsa load crossbow, I was thinking that was just him stating his terms

Bronn is riddled.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
No, its still burning my head out this Bronn deal. Picture the scene as D & D write this um, scene.

D1:So, we have to have a scene where Bronn meets the Lannisters again. What shall we make the reason for the meeting?

D2:Well what do we know about Bronn?

D1:Well he's ruthless and a sellsword

D2:Whats a sellsword?

D1:Hmmm,  I think thats a George word.

D2:Okay,lets make him put a crossbow to their heads and and make off with Jamies golden hand

D1:Makes sense, but Cersi is offering a lordship

D2:(scribbles )...Bronn makes off with Highgarden it is. High Five!!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:54:13 pm by HelterSkelter »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Bronn story has been set up that way from the very beginning,he has told them both many a time that he doesn't really give a fuck about them and is only ever in it for the gold.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
Yeah, but he went in there with no hand to play. There is not one person in the show that would expect someone to stand by that promise. He went in there and basically put a gun to their heads and said pay me in 3 months, or I kill you now. He was never going to effect the outcome that all 3 knew was coming, and had no worth to barter. He mugged them but expected the kind of rewards that are granted to people who supply whole armies to the cause.

He is however a sellsword and would of been welcome with open arms and a fat payout to boot, which he stood a chance of getting, to fight with his friends which is always been what he is about, selling his sword to help fight with them. Unless something happens tomorrow as a pay off it seems daft not to go that route.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:34:01 pm by HelterSkelter »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Bronn should have died in season 7 when Dany attacked the Lannisters forces, there's no real narrative reason why he shouldn't have.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He already had the gold from Cersei though,he was just pushing for extra.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bronn should have died in season 7 when Dany attacked the Lannisters forces, there's no real narrative reason why he shouldn't have.

He had to save Jamie  ;D

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
He already had the gold from Cersei though,he was just pushing for extra.
See now that's why he should of just mugged them for actual gold, it would of been a great comedic nod to him if he turned up to tell them he got cercis gold and made off with Jamies hand

Aaand Then the Curb tune kicks in
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:55:35 pm by HelterSkelter »

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
Ghost in ep3 too. If using the dog is getting too costly or whatever, send it off a hero or not at all.  It would of been better to continue using a sock puppet instead of that weird send off
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 07:08:28 pm by HelterSkelter »

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
Just think, in 12hrs time (UK), before I got work I’ll know who finally sits on the Throne and I can honestly I’ve loved this season

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just think, in 12hrs time (UK), before I got work I’ll know who finally sits on the Throne and I can honestly I’ve loved this season

You're not allowed to love it mate because some prick on the internet said it's shit. You have to be a sheep and hate it like everyone else.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
I’ve liked this season other than episode 4. I’ll probably like the final episode. Then I’ll be laughing at everyone who hates it and wasted so much of their time watching to the very end. ;D
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
You're not allowed to love it mate because some prick on the internet said it's shit. You have to be a sheep and hate it like everyone else.

I don’t know who’s worse, them that brag about never watching a episode of Games Of Thrones or them that think they could do a better job in ending it

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Anyone who’s saying it’s shit is wrong, clearly. It’s still good, the acting is good, the special effects are good, the camerawork is great, there’s been some genuinely brilliant moments right up there with the best moments in the whole 8 seasons and some really gut wrenching moments again delivered superbly.

It hasn’t ‘dropped off a cliff’ or become terrible.

It’s just been annoyingly rushed, which is frustrating as we’re all Game of Thrones fans who would have had liked some more seasons and because it can’t be done again and you’re always looking for a great finish when a TV show ends. I think they’ll all see it as a missed opportunity in years to come.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan

It’s just been annoyingly rushed, which is frustrating as we’re all Game of Thrones fans who would have had liked some more seasons and because it can’t be done again and you’re always looking for a great finish when a TV show ends. I think they’ll all see it as a missed opportunity in years to come.

These two parts kinda dovetail thiugh. Annoyingly rushed isn't what Game of Thrones has been at all, so "dropped off a cliff" is a reasonable way of describing it IMO.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Anyone who’s saying it’s shit is wrong, clearly. It’s still good, the acting is good, the special effects are good, the camerawork is great, there’s been some genuinely brilliant moments right up there with the best moments in the whole 8 seasons and some really gut wrenching moments again delivered superbly.

That's exactly where I stand with it as well. I will watch the last episode, though I had considered not doing so. The first seven seasons I enjoyed overall, some series more than others. It became a bit hit and miss once the show passed the book material. But it still held my interest in the main. But I will always regret they took their eye off the ball in the last series. To do two huge battles in just six episodes was always going to mean there would be less time in character development and that is where its lacked for me this season. They always promised it would be a bittersweet ending, but frankly I don't see too much sweet in any ending they will give the show now. That is disappointing. I certainly understand they can't please everyone and no one expects a Disney ending as its always been a ruthless piece of story telling. But if they don't give the correct time to each character's ending you cannot expect everyone to be thrilled with the result.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan

This is how i feel. Realising that they only have a finite amount of time to finish telling the story has meant the pacing over the last few seasons has been ridiculous, in huge contrast to what the show was initially, and the quality has suffered.

Still great but could've been the greatest.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The Author,HBO excec & a ew of the top actors already think it is/was a missed opportunity.

Just internet pricks obviously.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite

Why on earth would you get so defensive about a TV show to abuse someone(or no-one in particular eh, Is that what passive aggression is? ;p). GOT is many things but shit is not one of them, but if i have a view other than that im an internet prick?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 08:28:19 pm by HelterSkelter »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
What's the run time of this episode? I'm considering gettingg up before work to watch it. Not sure I can risk going the whole day without having the finale spoiler by some muppet.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

And you've got to justify that hate by using terms like "character arc, trope" and other made up words and pretending to be a fan of obscure Latvian cinema.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What's the run time of this episode? I'm considering gettingg up before work to watch it. Not sure I can risk going the whole day without having the finale spoiler by some muppet.

79 minutes according to the Telegraph. I'm up at 6 when the wife gets up and supposed to log on to work, I'll log on and do fuck all work
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Emilia Clarke from her Instagram.  :(

Finding the words to write this post has left me overwhelmed with how much I want to say but how small words feel in comparison to what this show and Dany have meant to me.
The mother of dragons chapter has taken up the whole of my adult life. This woman has taken up the whole of my heart. I’ve sweated in the blaze of dragon fire, shed many tears at those who left our family early, and wrung my brain dry trying to do Khaleesi and the masterful words, actions (and names) I was given, justice.
Game of Thrones has shaped me as a woman, as an actor and as a human being. I just wish my darling dad was here now to see how far we’ve flown.

But to you, dear kind magical fans, I owe you so much thanks, for your steady gaze at what we’ve made and what I’ve done with a character that was already in the hearts of many before I slipped on the platinum wig of dreams. Without you there is no us.
And now our watch has ended.
@gameofthrones @hbo #love #motherofdragonsoverandout
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
'Game of Thrones || Everything We've Been Through':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IdH1Hjy0ggg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IdH1Hjy0ggg</a>

'Cersei Lannister || The Queen Of The Seven Kingdoms':- (includes footage up to and including the 5th episode of Season Eight)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IsBA4VRx278" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IsBA4VRx278</a>

'Jaime Lannister || A Man Of Honor':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FStL8R_ENVE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FStL8R_ENVE</a>

'Qyburn || The Chainless Maester':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tsjj9o47n0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Tsjj9o47n0</a>

'Theon Greyjoy || Home':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gOO_JKJDubg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gOO_JKJDubg</a>

'Beric Dondarrion || A Purpose':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vpfsp44Bxfg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vpfsp44Bxfg</a>

'Melisandre || A Champion Of Light And Life':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5nuaKHaE0A8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5nuaKHaE0A8</a>

'Jorah Mormont || To Serve You':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/k3hCPYCZGGM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/k3hCPYCZGGM</a>

a fair few more quality Game Of Thrones videos by Zurich 23M here - https://www.youtube.com/user/Zurik23M23/videos
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 03:31:54 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spoiler for Episode 6

Spoiler
So Bran is king of the 6 kingdoms....yawn.

This episode just hasn’t had any emotional impact and does very much feel like the last episode.

You could see Danys death coming a mile off so wasn’t shocking at all either.
[close]

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
oh noooo. even the actors could barely keep a straight face.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
So those two c*nts over here, really did told us the end after all.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
What a "meh" ending of all endings. Very underwhelming  :-X
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Spoiler
RIP Dany, last seen being carried away in a foot.
[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
That absolute weapon Outer Mongolian Red was right last week. I hope he enjoys what's left of his ban.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Best thing of the night was the new Westworld teaser.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Spoiler
I think Jon will end up killing Danny
[close]

Wish I could have bet on this  8)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
End spoilers.

Spoiler
So Dany is dead and Drogon flies off with her, Bran giving his little smirk so you know he’s going hunting for him and will probably try warg into him, but we’ll never find out.

Sansa’s arc was obvious and has been for a while, Arya was massively underused for 2 episodes now aswell.

Jon made the sacrifices for everyone else and ended up in the only place beside Winterfell he felt ‘home,’ beyond the wall.

Just a ‘Meh’ ending all around.
[close]

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR

Wish I could have bet on this  8)

CL final score and scorers please.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
That was bit underwhelming the only thing missing was a ewok party at the end.

And why would Bran need a master of whispers isn't knowing everything his party trick.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
Spoiler
that was fine but safe. Nothing shocking or surprising except I suppose that there was a “happy” ending. All things considered.
But also nothing overly dumb or annoying.
It does feel like we went from watching a novel to watching bullet points. I’ve no real problem
With how things ended up here and there. It’s just a shame a lot of the final threads weren’t fleshed out more.
The scenes with the new council made me miss the early season scheming and plotting tension.
[close]

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
CL final score and scorers please.

My gift is only for tv shows otherwise I'd be a rich man  ;D

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
About as predictable and cookie-cutter finale as you could expect, no twists or surprises there.

Still, hell of a show in its prime. I'll be eagerly awaiting the prequels.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017