Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279203 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #4280 on: July 5, 2020, 10:57:01 am »
Sky hyping up utd's front 3 by highlighting they have scored more than our front 3. I do think the stats they're reporting is misleading. I

Of course they are, also United's defence is far from the finished product. The only competition they've won so far is the one for earning the most penalties.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4281 on: July 5, 2020, 10:59:33 am »
55 points with 6 to play?  I can see their logic about being back. 

If they win all 6 that gives them 73 points for the season which isn't far off the number they won most of their titles with.

Pity it takes another 20 or so to win it these days [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4282 on: July 5, 2020, 11:02:22 am »
16 pens v 5 pens.

Salah and Mané both targeted by media as divers.

Haha!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4283 on: July 5, 2020, 11:05:23 am »
This is how the Utd fans must have felt when media used to hype up Fowler, Gerrard, Owen, Carra, Collymore, Suarez, Torres etc...While their team just carried on mopping up the trophies.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4284 on: July 5, 2020, 11:18:43 am »
This is how the Utd fans must have felt when media used to hype up Fowler, Gerrard, Owen, Carra, Collymore, Suarez, Torres etc...While their team just carried on mopping up the trophies.

Have you been in a coma for the last 25 years? They've always been the media darlings especially in the Sky era.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #4285 on: July 5, 2020, 11:23:14 am »
Sky hyping up utd's front 3 by highlighting they have scored more than our front 3. I do think the stats they're reporting is misleading. I

Is that accurate?

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4286 on: July 5, 2020, 11:26:07 am »
Quite often we’d get giddy on the back of a promising run, often towards the end of a season, leading to optimism which ended up misplaced because at the end of the day we weren’t really good enough. That’s this United team.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #4288 on: July 5, 2020, 12:09:52 pm »
it's all good as far as I'm concerned, it means woodward and ole will be staying at the wheel for a bit longer  ;D and they are happy despite being 30 points behind us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4289 on: July 5, 2020, 12:48:06 pm »
So we've scored 70, they've scored 56, we've conceded 25, they've conceded 33, our GD is 45 and their is 23, we're on 86pts they are on 55 and they are better than us?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Who said they were better than us?

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4290 on: July 5, 2020, 01:06:00 pm »
It will end in tears by October.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4291 on: July 5, 2020, 01:12:16 pm »
Have you been in a coma for the last 25 years? They've always been the media darlings especially in the Sky era.
The 70s and 80s were laughable in that regard too. Liverpool cleaning up at home and abroad, yet all the media went on about was the irritating little cup side called Man United, how 'great' they were and what they were going to do next season now they just signed 'the best in the world'.  ::)

They've always had the best tea lady. Best cat. Best everything actually. All 'best in the world.'  ::)

I do love it when the media have to hype that lot up as we pick up the prizes. It's the resumption of normal service. Long may it continue.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: July 5, 2020, 01:31:48 pm »
I've had messages from people who dont even like United saying that they'll be challenging next season.  I've just replied saying it's only 34 points they need to make up!

Its amazing what battering relegation fodder can do to your reputation. I think they'll be nearer us next season but definitely not near enough to challenge for the title. Their defence is far too poor

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4293 on: July 5, 2020, 02:02:24 pm »
If only they'd had the chance to spend 130 million to improve their defence
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4294 on: July 5, 2020, 02:05:08 pm »
Twitterati.

It's been hilarious reading their shite the last couple of weeks, Goldbridge is the worst.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4295 on: July 5, 2020, 02:28:07 pm »
Is that accurate?

If you count all the games played, then yes and it includes alot of poor sides in the cups

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4296 on: July 5, 2020, 02:31:53 pm »

The difference is that most of those players were brilliant. This United team has a couple of good players, and a few inconsistent players on form now and that's it.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4297 on: July 5, 2020, 02:51:04 pm »

A lot of the media if you consider the context; front 3 challenging ours, "sexy" football from them, world class partnership of Fernandes and Pogba, most promising youngsters in England, swagger back, etc.

They are certainly building it so that you'll have a fair share of pundits predicting they will win the league next year

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #4298 on: July 5, 2020, 02:57:51 pm »
They are certainly building it so that you'll have a fair share of pundits predicting they will win the league next year
I'd be surprised if even one pundit predicts them at the top of the table.

Being at my most generous, I suppose you could make a case for them being reminiscent of us in the spring of 2013. We signed Sturridge and Coutinho, and things were looking up. We had our faults, but still did very well in 2013/14. But none of the teams we challenged back then were anywhere near the quality of our team today. They'll probably do better next year than this year, possibly by some margin, but by and large they are doing the same mistake we used to do every year. They look at everything that's gone against them in terms of injuries/luck/circumstances, and think that next year nothing in the world will go against them. It just never works out that way.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4299 on: July 5, 2020, 03:11:05 pm »
haven't you heard. They have already won the Post covid break EPL trophy. Wonder when is their trophy presentation.

wankfest is truly nauseating. But they do look pretty good so far with all the penalties awarded to them but not others.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #4300 on: July 5, 2020, 04:09:40 pm »
...They've always been the media darlings especially in the Sky era.

I did some work at Sky HQ in Hounslow the other year, it's a pretty vast complex, but in the outer core building that I was in many of the walls seemed to have quite a few large pictures of various Man Utd players in action, yet strangely no other teams.

These weren't put up by employees but it seems by the organisation.

I can't help but think a lot of this continued media fascination and the constant positive spin of them by Sky can probably be traced back to when they (and Murdoch) tried to get ownership of Utd back in 1999 as it would certainly seem that some at the top still love them above all others.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4301 on: July 5, 2020, 04:32:03 pm »
Sharing for no other reason than I found it.  8)

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4302 on: July 5, 2020, 07:00:28 pm »
34 points..... :wave

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4303 on: July 5, 2020, 07:07:05 pm »
Sharing for no other reason than I found it.  8)

There are some absolutely tremendous old gifs like this, and many feature Phil Jones

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #4304 on: July 5, 2020, 08:17:16 pm »
They go on and on about how much better than us City really are, and then talk about how they're convinced that not only are they going to catch up with us, current champions, but also the team they're claiming are even better.

They really are a strange bunch.

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4305 on: July 5, 2020, 08:27:47 pm »
They go on and on about how much better than us City really are, and then talk about how they're convinced that not only are they going to catch up with us, current champions, but also the team they're claiming are even better.

They really are a strange bunch.
Remember when they always insisted that the table never lies?

Now it seems the table speaks with forked tongue.  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #4306 on: July 5, 2020, 09:03:28 pm »
Remember when they always insisted that the table never lies?

Now it seems the table speaks with forked tongue.  ::)

Yep.

9 defeats for them now.  Definitely better team than us though, definitely.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4307 on: July 5, 2020, 09:07:04 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olx2rHMcr8c I happened to run into this on Youtube and it's funny how much Sky wanked off them during this period. Sky darlings.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4308 on: July 6, 2020, 06:01:24 am »
Found this cracker of a post on the caf   ;D

"Hopefully next season when its between us and City for the league they throw away as many points and lose as many games as this season."

What's happening to Liverpool are we going to become liquidated and not exist anymore   :o

Their current form reminds me of us in the back end of 2010/11 season when we had just signed Suarez and everyone was playing on a wave momentum, I remember thinking at time were definitely gonna challenge for the league next season and then we ended up finishing in 8th place in that next season with our lowest points total in the 3 points per game era.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2020, 06:06:45 am by kloppagetime »

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4309 on: July 6, 2020, 06:07:18 am »
Found this cracker of a post on the caf   ;D

"Hopefully next season when its between us and City for the league they throw away as many points and lose as many games as this season."

What's happening to Liverpool are we going to become liquidated and not exist anymore   :o

Don't worry. He's talking about the 4th Place trophy  :P
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4310 on: July 6, 2020, 06:52:47 am »
Don't worry. He's talking about the 4th Place trophy  :P
I love it though, all my life my mates who support United have been mocking me for the same thing and now they are doing it themselves when they are saying next season will be their year despite being miles behind us it's just brilliant  ;D

The thing is those United fans that weren't convinced with how we played yesterday and think they are better than us, they need to remember that's how champions win games they grind out results despite being off-colour they used to do the very same thing under whisky nose. I always used to say United look shit we play better football than them all the while they were miles miles clear of us like we are of them right now.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2020, 06:57:17 am by kloppagetime »

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4311 on: July 6, 2020, 08:50:20 am »
The three most common Utd fan comments, 19/20:

"The league is truly terrible this season, it must be for them lot to be so far ahead. There's no quality in midtable and all the big clubs are in transition, you can't really gauge how good anyone really is."

"Their title win should have an asterisk, we're playing with different rules now so anything happening in these last 8-9 games won't really be indicative of a team's actual level."

"We're tearing it up! Next year will be our year!"

So give their excellent run-in an asterisk - new rules, half the teams are still mentally on holiday and nobody (except us) has shown any quality this season anyway.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #4312 on: July 6, 2020, 09:36:16 am »
Not a hope they get anywhere near us or City next season

Best case scenario for them is 70 to 75 points, which should be enough to see them secure top four

But a title challenge? They're deluded if they think that's a possibility

Mind you, I think most of their match going fans recognise they're nowhere near us

It's more their twitter brigade (of which they have millions) who generally come out with that kind of shite
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4313 on: July 6, 2020, 10:54:41 am »
Three year deal for Matic  :o

They all wanted him out before Christmas :lmao
AHA!

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #4314 on: July 6, 2020, 10:57:34 am »
Not a hope they get anywhere near us or City next season

Best case scenario for them is 70 to 75 points, which should be enough to see them secure top four

But a title challenge? They're deluded if they think that's a possibility

Mind you, I think most of their match going fans recognise they're nowhere near us

It's more their twitter brigade (of which they have millions) who generally come out with that kind of shite
Where the hell is andy tate?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4315 on: July 6, 2020, 11:09:29 am »
Three year deal for Matic  :o

They all wanted him out before Christmas :lmao

I’ve got a Manc mate who’s been getting extremely giddy recently. Had a chat on whatsapp yesterday and went through both squads and he went very quiet when he realised the core of our squad is still young and our players in their prime have still got a good 3/4 years left (at least) at the top level.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4316 on: July 6, 2020, 11:13:21 am »
I want to win the league again next season but i wont lie i want us to give these lot and Everton the shoeing they deserve at their grounds.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4317 on: July 6, 2020, 11:19:48 am »
Had a Zoom catch-up with some mates  on Saturday (and how 2020 does that sound?) and one of them is really worried about the Mancs. Reckons they'll be real contenders next season and Ole is the new Ferguson. I laughed, a lot.

As I said to him, they've improved but they're basically a cup team, and there's no way they'll be challenging us and City for a few years. They're basically us under Roy Evans but playing worse football.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4318 on: July 6, 2020, 11:34:02 am »
As ever there’s probably over reaction on all sides (especially there’s).

First and foremost their manager is shite. Thankfully. They’re not as good as they think they are and comparisons to our front three etc are way over the top. They’ve also had a fairly easy run of fixtures since lock down.

However more by luck than judgement they seem to have stumbled on a system that works ok for them. And finally they’ve been able to phase out some who are clearly not at the level required (Lingard, James, Pereira). So they have a decent base to build from and will probably throw money at things in the summer.

It’s fair to admit all that while also saying that as lying as we don’t drop off a cliff (and why should we) then we should still be finishing comfortably above them next season. We’re built to get 90 plus points and we’ve done it twice in a row. We know how to do it.

Even despite their improvements their ceiling currently looks 75-80. Fair to say we won’t finish around 40 points ahead of them next year but they’re getting way too giddy if they think they’re suddenly going to be challenging.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4319 on: July 6, 2020, 11:48:21 am »
Geezus, they've given 31 year old, slower-than-a-snail Matic a 3 year contract.  Admittedly, he's the best they have to shield Pogba and Fernandes in terms of raw ability but anyone in a No.10 role with a bit of pace can bypass him in a second, or a savvy team can just play around him (because, let's face it, he's not going to get much help from either of the aforementioned 2).
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez