Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 375321 times)

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
Re: The Meh Scottish Football Thread
« Reply #2880 on: April 14, 2020, 09:53:54 pm »
From what I can remember, a shambles just like everything else that went on at that time. Did it not just get signed off the day before the first game of the season?

Who knows. Has anyone outside a few in the SPFL and Rangers MKII been allowed access to it?

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2881 on: April 14, 2020, 10:01:55 pm »
Who knows. Has anyone outside a few in the SPFL and Rangers MKII been allowed access to it?
It had been leaked on the internet previously.  And it would have been known to the SFA; Both Rangers Mk I and II, SFL amd SPL as they parties who signed it.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2882 on: April 15, 2020, 03:49:12 pm »

Not sure, but I certainly don't think it we came out winners at the end of it. Like I said, I think they had a gun to our head basically because the season was just about to start. The only thing we successfully managed to argue was the stripping of titles. We had to start in Div 3, got a transfer embargo, got a fine, missed out on prize money from the previous season.

I wonder how that punishment compares to someone like Juventus who blatantly deliberately cheated by bribing refs & officials.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #2883 on: April 16, 2020, 10:23:16 am »
Just seen Stevie G on sky sports calling for a external investigation on this the SPFL are open to investigating internally what is the point? He said the same need someone outside the body to investigate this .

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: April 16, 2020, 07:17:32 pm »
Just seen Stevie G on sky sports calling for a external investigation on this the SPFL are open to investigating internally what is the point? He said the same need someone outside the body to investigate this .

I think he used the quote its like marking your own homework, & that's exactly what it is.

At the end of the day, I've no massive problem with Celtic being awarded the league, as they were likely going to win it anyway. I don't know how you can relegate teams like Partick Thistle mind you, who were 2 points behind but with a game in hand. That's bad to me.

However, the main worry is the full shocking process. At best it's incompetent, at worst it's bordering on corruption. The influence that Lawwell has, & the worrying background of the people in charge with previous statements that have supposedly been made, is it any wonder why Rangers have concerns over balanced decision making?

Gerrerd is right, get an independent review set up of the full process. If there's nothing to hide, they won't find any wrong doing, & then we all move on. I suspect though, they won't allow any such thing to happen.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #2885 on: May 12, 2020, 10:00:16 am »
They need to finish the season off. Not a fan of voiding seasons. Particularly as nobody knows if corona will/when hit again in a new season and that one will need to be cancelled. Start a season finish a season.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2886 on: May 18, 2020, 01:47:15 pm »
Congrats Celtic!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #2887 on: May 18, 2020, 02:25:06 pm »
What’s happened with the cup?

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2888 on: May 18, 2020, 02:28:27 pm »

Peter Lawwell will probably demand that goes to a vote as well, then the governing bodies will manipulate it so Celtic get awarded that as well.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: May 18, 2020, 02:44:52 pm »
Peter Lawwell will probably demand that goes to a vote as well, then the governing bodies will manipulate it so Celtic get awarded that as well.

Want some chips with that salt  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2890 on: May 18, 2020, 03:13:08 pm »

Read before they want to try and get that completed as it’s at the semi final stage so only 3 games to play.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #2891 on: May 18, 2020, 03:33:31 pm »
Read before they want to try and get that completed as it’s at the semi final stage so only 3 games to play.
That’s what I was wondering.  It would make a hell of an intro for the new season, whenever that is.  They could just about do it in an afternoon.

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #2892 on: May 18, 2020, 03:35:23 pm »
No shame from Celtic FC either. They’ve been calling for the season to be ended and then declared champions the minute this COVID stuff kicked off. The only team in the world to do so but they have the SPFL / SFA by the balls so it was always going to go the way they wanted it to.

Just sums the whole thing up that they are willing to play the remaining Scottish Cup fixtures whenever they possibly can just so Celtic can complete another tainted treble.

Scottish football is dead.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2893 on: May 18, 2020, 03:42:30 pm »
No shame from Celtic FC either. They’ve been calling for the season to be ended and then declared champions the minute this COVID stuff kicked off. The only team in the world to do so but they have the SPFL / SFA by the balls so it was always going to go the way they wanted it to.

Not like the eventual outcome was going to be any different though to be fair.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #2894 on: May 18, 2020, 03:51:57 pm »
Not like the eventual outcome was going to be any different though to be fair.
Was still plenty of football left to play including a game in hand for rangers and 2 old firm games.

It should have been played to a finish like the English Premier league will be.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2895 on: May 18, 2020, 04:06:06 pm »
Was still plenty of football left to play including a game in hand for rangers and 2 old firm games.

That does seem mad - didn't know that context. So Rangers could effectively have pegged them back to 4 points if they won all 3 (but probably unlikely?)

That's  a very different scenario to our league where City, at best  could get within 19 if they won vs Arsenal and then beat us.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #2896 on: May 18, 2020, 04:12:14 pm »
That does seem mad - didn't know that context. So Rangers could effectively have pegged them back to 4 points if they won all 3 (but probably unlikely?)

That's  a very different scenario to our league where City, at best  could get within 19 if they won vs Arsenal and then beat us.
Exactly that. I agree it’s probably unlikely that Rangers would have caught them but I don’t think it was anywhere near impossible or enough for the league positions to be final.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: May 18, 2020, 04:38:35 pm »
Want some chips with that salt  ;D

No wonder. The guy runs Scottish football through his convienetly placed lackies. I'm not even overly fussed about Celtic winning the title, but the whole way it came to be was a total shambles & a disgrace. How they can relegate the likes of Hearts & Partick Thistle is beyond me.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: May 18, 2020, 04:47:29 pm »

To be fair, I got the impression that the SPFL bosses were taking a bit of a high and mighty stance with this and almost trying to draw a line between themselves and the EPL. Their stance, from a very early point, was that it was unlikely to be finished in Scotland and that the PL were on a road to nowhere for trying to get the season concluded.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: May 18, 2020, 06:19:08 pm »
Well done Celtic, fully deserved.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: May 18, 2020, 07:12:57 pm »
No wonder. The guy runs Scottish football through his convienetly placed lackies. I'm not even overly fussed about Celtic winning the title, but the whole way it came to be was a total shambles & a disgrace. How they can relegate the likes of Hearts & Partick Thistle is beyond me.

Exactly Lawell is a cheating twat,def got in Dundee's ear
Partick getting punished because of success in another competition is just a joke

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2901 on: May 18, 2020, 08:04:29 pm »

Probably the fairest way in all seriousness.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2902 on: May 18, 2020, 08:33:10 pm »
How they can relegate the likes of Hearts & Partick Thistle is beyond me.

Not really relevant to all the outrage over the travesty of a decision, etc., but I always wondered if the second relegated club wasn't just the result of a typo on the application to the Scottish League...

I mean, guy forms and names a club after himself, "Patrick Thistle," fair enough.

What the fuck is a "Partick?"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2903 on: May 18, 2020, 09:12:29 pm »
Not really relevant to all the outrage over the travesty of a decision, etc., but I always wondered if the second relegated club wasn't just the result of a typo on the application to the Scottish League...

I mean, guy forms and names a club after himself, "Patrick Thistle," fair enough.

What the fuck is a "Partick?"

;D

Partick is a suburb of Glasgow, if you didn't know that already & that was just a pisstake. ;D
#Sausages

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #2904 on: May 18, 2020, 11:01:51 pm »
Rangers form had collapsed after the winter break.  Any talk of tainted titles is nonsense. Celtic are worthy champions and fully deserve 9 in a row.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2905 on: May 18, 2020, 11:16:31 pm »
;D

Partick is a suburb of Glasgow, if you didn't know that already & that was just a pisstake. ;D

:D

It was one, but the underlying query remains mildly valid.

What the fuck is a partick, really? And are they all thistly, or just some of them? Is there a plethora of thistle trees in that partikular area?

:o

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2906 on: May 18, 2020, 11:30:50 pm »
:D

It was one, but the underlying query remains mildly valid.

What the fuck is a partick, really? And are they all thistly, or just some of them? Is there a plethora of thistle trees in that partikular area?

:o

Could be worse, could be Queen Of The South, or Raith Rovers. ;D
#Sausages

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2907 on: May 19, 2020, 12:29:53 am »

Could be worse, could be Queen Of The South, or Raith Rovers. ;D

As I understand it, the first makes much bank...

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2908 on: May 19, 2020, 12:33:37 am »
As I understand it, the first makes much bank...

;D
#Sausages

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2909 on: May 19, 2020, 10:23:06 pm »
And in the craziness of Scotland.

The SFA is expecting the semi finals or the Scottish Cup to be played at some point next season.

(Is this a joke?)

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2910 on: May 19, 2020, 10:54:32 pm »
Exactly that. I agree it’s probably unlikely that Rangers would have caught them but I don’t think it was anywhere near impossible or enough for the league positions to be final.
Rangers form fell off a Cliff since January, so talk of winning both old firm etc fanciful.
Tbf Celtic went 13 points clear with 9 games left
Season was done and dusted Celtic worthy champions
Rangers had the title in their hands in January and blew it.
The worry is a fair few clubs in Scotland will fall apart the longer this goes on.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2911 on: May 20, 2020, 09:02:29 am »
And in the craziness of Scotland.

The SFA is expecting the semi finals or the Scottish Cup to be played at some point next season.

(Is this a joke?)

I think it's good to see to be honest. All 4 clubs dont have to enter next season's competition until January (assuming next season goes ahead from August - May as normal), so there is no real reason why they can't play it out whenever it is safe to do so.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #2912 on: May 20, 2020, 09:14:18 am »
I think it's good to see to be honest. All 4 clubs dont have to enter next season's competition until January (assuming next season goes ahead from August - May as normal), so there is no real reason why they can't play it out whenever it is safe to do so.

So what happens next season when they want to finish this seasons scottish cup off Hearts in championship will be a over haul in players the players they then bring in are they allowed to play in the semi final v Hibs ? if they have came from teams who been knocked out are they cup tied ? Hearts have been expelled from the league so a lot of players will end up leaving and be in a weaker position playing Hibs in the semi ?

Its the same for Celtic and Aberdeen what if Aberdeen loose a few players out of contract or sell on Celtic buying a player for Millions can he play ?

Its a joke and its for Celtics benefit for getting there 4X trebles in a row.

Also if they are keen on finishing the Scottish Cup but stopping the leagues how cant they continue with the Plays offs in the lower leagues Highland League and Lowland league winners would play each other in a play off to then play who is bottom of league 2 who is currently Brechin City who's owner is on the board of the SPFL quite handy that's been stopped for them because they are rotten. The Lowland league have came out and said they were pressured to accepting Brechin into the lowland league opposed to the Highland league if they lost the play off . Also is the Celtic Chief peter lawell on the SPFL board sure he is.

Its for their benefit
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:18:34 am by ScottishKopite »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2913 on: May 20, 2020, 09:19:16 am »
So what happens next season when they want to finish this seasons scottish cup off Hearts in championship will be a over haul in players the players they then bring in are they allowed to play in the semi final v Hibs ? if they have came from teams who been knocked out are they cup tied ? Hearts have been expelled from the league so a lot of players will end up leaving and be in a weaker position playing Hibs in the semi ?

Its the same for Celtic and Aberdeen what if Aberdeen loose a few players out of contract or sell on Celtic buying a player for Millions can he play ?

They'll get a treble next season anyway as they're still by far the best team in the country.
Rangers fans are coming out of this looking very very childish. Even more childish than they were previously.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: May 20, 2020, 09:21:54 am »
Also is the Celtic Chief peter lawell on the SPFL board sure he is.

Is he?

https://spfl.co.uk/pages/rules-and-regulations

The 2019/20 SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Murdoch MacLennan (Chairman), Karyn McCluskey (non-executive), Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Stewart Robertson (Rangers), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Ewen Cameron (Alloa Athletic), Ken Ferguson (Brechin City) and Peter Davidson (Montrose).

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2915 on: May 20, 2020, 10:16:36 am »
Celtic is so far ahead it is laughable. Similarly, if it weren’t for us, City would have gone something like that too.

Jon Flanagan’s contract with Rangers had expired and has left the club today if anyone is interested. 39 appearances in 2 years.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #2916 on: May 20, 2020, 10:23:58 am »
Celtic is so far ahead it is laughable. Similarly, if it weren’t for us, City would have gone something like that too.

Jon Flanagan’s contract with Rangers had expired and has left the club today if anyone is interested. 39 appearances in 2 years.

Fleetwood with Barton

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2917 on: May 20, 2020, 04:05:00 pm »

Also if they are keen on finishing the Scottish Cup but stopping the leagues how cant they continue with the Plays offs in the lower leagues Highland League and Lowland league winners would play each other in a play off to then play who is bottom of league 2 who is currently Brechin City who's owner is on the board of the SPFL quite handy that's been stopped for them because they are rotten. The Lowland league have came out and said they were pressured to accepting Brechin into the lowland league opposed to the Highland league if they lost the play off . Also is the Celtic Chief peter lawell on the SPFL board sure he is.

Its for their benefit

its exactly that
Dundee and Inverness should be playing a playoff
SPFL are corruptAF

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: May 20, 2020, 05:14:58 pm »
They'll get a treble next season anyway as they're still by far the best team in the country.
Rangers fans are coming out of this looking very very childish. Even more childish than they were previously.

Well no, they cancelled the part of the season that helps Celtic but haven't cancelled the other part so that they can win another trophy.

Either the season is cancelled or it isn't. You can't pick and choose. It stinks.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2919 on: May 20, 2020, 07:04:53 pm »

Thing is Barney, that would maybe be true if it was just Rangers fans. But it's not. This isn't Rangers vs the SPFL, or something just to spite Celtic. This is about lots of clubs feeling very, very hard done by, & massive concerns about the governance of the game. So I don't know how you can say Rangers fans are looking very childish, when, if you take away the clubs votes who have representatives on the SPFL board, almost half the clubs voted for an independent review?