Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12302949 times)

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
Re: So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?
« Reply #84480 on: September 19, 2015, 12:54:05 pm »
When it comes to potential, from todays starting line-up I rate Masterson, all three midfielders (Phillips, Kane, Alexander-Arnold) and Ben Woodburn. Dhanda is injured unfortunately.

I rate Whelan higher than Masterson personally.

Only seen the second half but I thought we were the better team.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84481 on: September 19, 2015, 12:56:13 pm »
Gotta say we haven't be so fun to watch this season so far, at all levels. Usually even if the first team are going through a rough patch, you can count on the youth teams to put on a good display.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #84482 on: September 19, 2015, 01:00:03 pm »
For the type of player he is, and can become, a lack of pace really isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. 

That's not what I was saying, it's more the combination of both his lack of pace and his lack of aggression and physicality.  Rossiter is a lot more aggressive and is more suited to the game over here.  That's not to say Chirivella wouldn't make it as a player, I just think he's more likely to succeed on the continent, where his touch and awareness would be huge assets.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84483 on: September 19, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »
Gotta say we haven't be so fun to watch this season so far, at all levels. Usually even if the first team are going through a rough patch, you can count on the youth teams to put on a good display.
The two Chelsea matches and the 3-3 with Everton at u21 level and the 4-3 with 'Boro at u18 level were similar to what we played last year. That's more than half the televised matches.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84484 on: September 19, 2015, 01:40:02 pm »

Everton were the better team in the first half.   As Fairclough commented, our midfield (Phillips, AA, Kane) were sitting too deep so Woodburn was rather isolated (not great when you are a slight winger), and the ball came back quickly.  That said, Phillips' goal was at least a good goal.  The og we gifted them wasn't even looking a particularly dangerous ball. 

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84485 on: September 19, 2015, 01:55:21 pm »
Interested to know more about the Brewster lad playing for Everton who apparently left LFC for Everton c. age 12.  He looked quite useful so shame about that.  Is he related to Rhian Brewster, and is Rhian still with us?  Apologies if the answer is perfectly obvious (like they maybe different ethnicities), but I have never seen Rhian and just heard he was useful.   

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84486 on: September 19, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »
Interested to know more about the Brewster lad playing for Everton who apparently left LFC for Everton c. age 12.  He looked quite useful so shame about that.  Is he related to Rhian Brewster, and is Rhian still with us?  Apologies if the answer is perfectly obvious (like they maybe different ethnicities), but I have never seen Rhian and just heard he was useful.   
We got Rhian Brewster from Chelsea so I doubt it and yeah he's still with us.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84487 on: September 19, 2015, 04:25:18 pm »
Assist for Canos.

@BrentfordFC
63 | What an introduction for @sergicanos! He beats four men and squares for Vibe to sweep home at the near post, Come on You Bees! (1-1)
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84488 on: September 19, 2015, 04:58:12 pm »
Kent 'man of the match by a country mile' according to Chesterfield's twitter account.

Rafa.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84489 on: September 19, 2015, 05:03:52 pm »
Assist for Canos.

@BrentfordFC
63 | What an introduction for @sergicanos! He beats four men and squares for Vibe to sweep home at the near post, Come on You Bees! (1-1)

Within 30 seconds of coming on....? What a start.

61:19 Goal scored
Goal!
Goal! Brentford 1, Preston North End 1. Lasse Vibe (Brentford) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Sergi Canos.
60:50 Substitution
Substitution
Substitution, Brentford. Sergi Canos replaces Josh Clarke.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 05:12:09 pm by Wullie160975 »

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84490 on: September 19, 2015, 05:16:09 pm »
Kent 'man of the match by a country mile' according to Chesterfield's twitter account.

After reading the tweets, it seems he was playing in the number 10 position.

He had a goal disallowed as well.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 05:19:21 pm by momo22 »
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84491 on: September 19, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »
Funny how Canos was the one that ended up getting the move to a Championship club  :)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84492 on: September 19, 2015, 06:06:55 pm »
Funny how Canos was the one that ended up getting the move to a Championship club  :)

Why?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84493 on: September 19, 2015, 06:21:48 pm »
Why?

Didn't even realise he was out on loan! Somehow passed me by. Other than that, Kent and Wilson have probably featured more for the U21s, with more hype too. Talent-wise, they're certainly all good enough for Championship loans, I'm definitely not having a go at Canos! Just Kent was being linked with a couple Championship clubs, and Wilson is Wales youngest player or whatever, and I see Canos make an instant impact in a move I didn't even know happened.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 06:25:47 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84494 on: September 19, 2015, 06:29:05 pm »
That's not what I was saying, it's more the combination of both his lack of pace and his lack of aggression and physicality.  Rossiter is a lot more aggressive and is more suited to the game over here.  That's not to say Chirivella wouldn't make it as a player, I just think he's more likely to succeed on the continent, where his touch and awareness would be huge assets.

I guess I would have to disagree with you about him.  I think he'll be just fine and I think he's got a lot of potential to do a lot of good things.  He's a lot more in the Alonso mold then the Mascherano mold so his lack of aggression won't be a problem.  Plus, don't forget he's still a kid so he'll continue growing and filling out and with the added size/strength he'll naturally become a little more physical and aggressive defensively.   

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84495 on: September 19, 2015, 06:44:48 pm »
Nice to hear the lads are off to a great start, hopefully they keep impressing. Got high hopes for them so will be interesting to see how they fare out on loan.

Offline Lilebroer

• Kemlynite
  • The good will cry and the evil will laugh.
« Reply #84496 on: September 19, 2015, 06:46:35 pm »

I read an article on FC Midtjylland in a Swedish football magazine. They recently got bought by Matthew Benham who owns Brentford. The article didn't go into it that much but apparently Brentford has a quite unique scouting system which is base on mostly statistics. So them going for Canos probably had something to do with this. Mayby someone on the forum could fill this out. It might fit better in a forum about Brentford though...

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #84497 on: September 19, 2015, 07:55:13 pm »

I think Whelan is the better defender (especially defensively) at the moment but I think Masterson has the higher ceiling, very good feet for a CB, very composed and quite big/strong.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #84498 on: September 19, 2015, 08:01:04 pm »
Assist for Canos.

@BrentfordFC

Best Brentford home debut ever? He was unbelievable. Great touch, strong and seemed really mature when Preston tried to have a little kick. I'm really impressed

The first five minutes I thought christiano ronaldo had found his way into the pitch. After that he started getting very over excited and the cockhead of a ref would have been delighted to have given him a second yellow so glad vibe had a quite word and calmed him down.

He was a little bit on the periphery after that.

Great impact from the bench from him. Obviously it's tougher to start games at that level. Kent had a good game from the start this week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84499 on: September 19, 2015, 09:35:23 pm »
Got to say that tweet definitely over hyped the assist!

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #84500 on: September 19, 2015, 09:43:01 pm »
In contrast Wolves fans are  underwhelmed with Sheyi Ojo :(

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=94659
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84501 on: September 19, 2015, 10:07:36 pm »

Dodgy offside decision prevented Kent from getting his first goal.

Rafa.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84502 on: September 19, 2015, 10:19:26 pm »

Might not be ready to start at that level yet. Not many are at 18. A Swindon-type loan may have been better than being expected to fill the void of the best wide player in that league last season who has looked great for Palace.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:21:06 pm by Bitter Mug »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84503 on: September 19, 2015, 10:21:23 pm »
Wolves were awful, put him in a better team and I think he'd be fine.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84504 on: September 19, 2015, 10:24:43 pm »
Wolves were awful, put him in a better team and I think he'd be fine.

They're one of the better teams in that league, or certainly last season and expected to be up there again. A better team in that league wouldn't need him, so it's either a struggling team or try League One like Kent.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84505 on: September 19, 2015, 10:30:38 pm »
They're one of the better teams in that league, or certainly last season and expected to be up there again. A better team in that league wouldn't need him, so it's either a struggling team or try League One like Kent.
Meant that I wouldn't worry about his performances there as they all looked bad today and from the looks of it have been for most the season so far.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84506 on: September 20, 2015, 02:56:37 am »

They should be one of the better sides, but they're not. They may be underwhelmed with Ojo, but they're underwhelmed with many of their players currently. The point of a season loan is to see if he can improve,

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #84507 on: September 20, 2015, 09:04:17 am »
Haven`t really paid that much attention to the youth players this last year. So can anyone give a quick summary of who`s the next big thing/or at least has a decent opportunity to make it?

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84508 on: September 22, 2015, 05:53:43 am »
Found a little gem for you guys. An 11 yr old Rossiter reacting to winning a national championship (not the interview)

https://youtu.be/7F4Clg1KlGA?t=435

He's always had that enthusiasm it seems  :D

Also interesting to see he's the CB in that game, seems he went from there, to 8, to DM.

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84509 on: September 22, 2015, 11:08:20 am »
Found a little gem for you guys. An 11 yr old Rossiter reacting to winning a national championship (not the interview)

https://youtu.be/7F4Clg1KlGA?t=435

He's always had that enthusiasm it seems  :D

Also interesting to see he's the CB in that game, seems he went from there, to 8, to DM.

Could have been a CM wearing a 5

Offline Lovely Man

• Main Stander
  • I have Mr Mime
« Reply #84510 on: September 23, 2015, 09:54:53 am »

Must admit, I've never really seen the fuss over Ojo either.

Love for him to prove me wrong, but he's a bit of a nothing player for me. All style no substance.

Interesting reading that Wolves forum and seeing the other names that have caught their eye, like this lad from Arsenal who is on loan at Ipswich...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/20/arsenal-loanee-ainsley-maitland-niles-shows-pure-gas-to-win-penalty-for-ipswich-v-birmingham-5399971/

Haddaway - "What is love, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more"

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #84511 on: September 23, 2015, 10:46:18 am »

He impresses me hugely - for a lad who only turned 18 in June.  He has all the physical attributes needed and just needs a little more time - don't think Ibe was ripping it up in the first couple of months at Derby last season.

Cheers
Jon

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #84512 on: September 23, 2015, 01:14:20 pm »

Love for him to prove me wrong, but he's a bit of a nothing player for me. All style no substance.

Interesting reading that Wolves forum and seeing the other names that have caught their eye, like this lad from Arsenal who is on loan at Ipswich...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/20/arsenal-loanee-ainsley-maitland-niles-shows-pure-gas-to-win-penalty-for-ipswich-v-birmingham-5399971/

:o
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline stevelecool

• Main Stander
« Reply #84513 on: September 23, 2015, 03:02:30 pm »
Ojo will obviously start destroying the Championship when he is moved to his best position as a centre mid. Obviously.

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #84514 on: September 23, 2015, 04:58:24 pm »
My beloved HJK lost grasp on the Finnish title today with a 3 - 0 loss away at Seinäjoki. :-\
Why am I posting to this thread? Because all three goals were created by a certain Allan Rodrigues da Souza, on loan at Seinäjoki.  :D This wee lad has the best left foot ever seen in the Finnish league and takes better corners than anyone currently in the Liverpool first team. Really hope his development is supported better than most young foreign talents at Liverpool recently.

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #84515 on: September 23, 2015, 05:18:04 pm »
My beloved HJK lost grasp on the Finnish title today with a 3 - 0 loss away at Seinäjoki. :-\
Why am I posting to this thread? Because all three goals were created by a certain Allan Rodrigues da Souza, on loan at Seinäjoki.  :D This wee lad has the best left foot ever seen in the Finnish league and takes better corners than anyone currently in the Liverpool first team. Really hope his development is supported better than most young foreign talents at Liverpool recently.

Scores one from a corner and assists two.

2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games (2 starts & 2 short substitute appearances).

Not bad for an 18-year old in a totally different enviroment than what he's used to.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84516 on: September 23, 2015, 05:52:49 pm »
Bolded part doesn't mean much does it? :D Good to hear he is doing well and takes good set pieces though

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84517 on: September 23, 2015, 06:24:17 pm »

Interesting line in this is  "One thing I don't like about him is he runs at players then stops just bloody stops" I said last season he reminded me of Downing doing this when he faced a defender. I am not sure if a role in the wing is the best postion for him really.

Offline stevelecool

• Main Stander
« Reply #84518 on: September 23, 2015, 06:40:17 pm »
I don't think Ojo's best as a winger, partly because of his size, but it's worth remembering that Wolves aren't doing so well and a young 'flair player' on loan is a perfect scapegoat for the fans.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84519 on: September 23, 2015, 07:07:45 pm »
Ojo will obviously start destroying the Championship when he is moved to his best position as a centre mid. Obviously.
Ojo is very talented. He may never fulfill that talent, like 80-90% of talented players. It doesn't mean he isn't talented. For instance, I don't think he's much less talented than Ibe. But Ibe looks like he will make it as a quality Premier League player. Ojo might or might not. But that doesn't make the people who are excited about him wrong, or stupid.