Author Topic: 2030 World Cup: Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Spain, Portugal and Morocco  (Read 9319 times)

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
 :lmao :lmao

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
Zero considerations to environmental impacts,facility costs and travel expenses for fans. What a fucking shit show.

Teams will be transported on ships between the continents to minimize environmental impact.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
You mean you won't be interested in seeing if Jude Bellingham will finally win a World Cup on his 4th attempt?
It'll be especially exciting after he's won another UEFA Champions League for the host nation's Al Hilal club, beating Qatar side Al Sadd in the final.

His 4th attempt, but the other 3 were with England. This is his first stab at winning with Saudi Arabia. Will be tough to depose defending champions Qatar though.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Hey! Hang on, no, that is fair... though some of us just still love the older World Cups ;D

Yeah, I have some good memories too. But I switched off after they gave it to Putin and will never tune in again. It’s simply impossible as an adult to detach the event from FIFAs corruption.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
Saudi/UAE bid for 2034 incoming.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Hey! Hang on, no, that is fair... though some of us just still love the older World Cups ;D

Spain '82 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=254153.0
Mexico '86 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=253812.msg6629277#msg6629277

Jason, you have missed one of the all time great tournaments in 78!
In fact 74 was good too, the Dutch team both those years were magnificent yet somehow never quite crossed the line.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Dread to think how low quality the matches are going to be in the heat for these games.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Saudi/UAE bid for 2034 incoming.
This guarantees them the tournament. 3 continents done, will be ‘due a tournament in asia’ used as an excuse.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Jason, you have missed one of the all time great tournaments in 78!
In fact 74 was good too, the Dutch team both those years were magnificent yet somehow never quite crossed the line.

I know mate - some quality footy in those two tournaments (and great moments too) - though disappointingly we still don't have threads for those '74 & '78 World Cups  :-[
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
Like the 2026 World Cup it will probably be ridiculously weighted in favour of the biggest host nation. There will be about 100 games, so expect Morocco to get 10 of those, Portugal 20 and then Spain with just the remaining 70.
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
So it's gonna be New Zealand as hosts in 2034 then, since it will be the turn of Oceania?

I'm right naive I am....but happy  ::)
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
So it's gonna be New Zealand as hosts in 2034 then, since it will be the turn of Oceania?

I'm right naive I am....but happy  ::)

I really hope the Vowel Manglers get it mate - but fear not even a fully trained Jedi could take on Vader and the Emperor Sportswashers and the Evil Empire that is FIFA.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Zero considerations to environmental impacts,facility costs and travel expenses for fans. What a fucking shit show.

Teams will be transported on ships between the continents to minimize environmental impact.

Solar powered electric airplanes by then, so no worries. Unless they fly at night.  ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
This guarantees them the tournament. 3 continents done, will be ‘due a tournament in asia’ used as an excuse.
Japan, South Korea, even China are all more feasible to host a World Cup, it's just so transparently corrupt.

• Legacy Fan
It sounded fanciful in the 90s, but Vic Reeves suggestion of Lemon powered teacups doesn't sound so outlandish after all.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
Now added to the BBC article:

"Fifa also confirmed only bids from countries from the Asian Football Confederation and the Oceania Football Confederation will be considered for the 2034 finals. Following that decision, Saudi Arabia announced it would be bidding to host the tournament in 2034 for the first time."

::) ::) ::)
NZ and Australia joint bid to include both confederations. After the women's WC here this year, why not? We won't be able to offer as massive a bribe as some, but, assuming it's decided on a football basis, then we should have ...
Sorry, please stop laughing so I can finish.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
I remember when a WC Group was staged entirely at two stadiums in fairly close proximity. You played your games there and then would only move to a different part of the host country if you progressed from the group.

They've gone from that, to teams moving around a country in the groups, to multiple countries.
I guess we should be preparing for World Cup 2050 - Earth, The Moon and Mars.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Infantino is a shameless money grabbing c*nt, as corrupt as he was it makes me wish Blatter was still FIFA head. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
I remember when a WC Group was staged entirely at two stadiums in fairly close proximity. You played your games there and then would only move to a different part of the host country if you progressed from the group.

They've gone from that, to teams moving around a country in the groups, to multiple countries.
I guess we should 68 preparing for World Cup 2050 - Earth, The Moon and Mars.

Multiple continents mate. It's bonkers.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
Multiple continents mate. It's bonkers.

I think the only thing that can top a WC in the desert (so you have to move it) and a WC EVERYWHERE, would be a WC entirely in Antarctica

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I think the only thing that can top a WC in the desert (so you have to move it) and a WC EVERYWHERE, would be a WC entirely in Antarctica

Get the orange ball out!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Get the orange ball out!
A Norway Vs England final would be a re-run of the classic clash of 1912 that England lost in, erm, sudden death.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
A Norway Vs England final would be a re-run of the classic clash of 1912 that England lost in, erm, sudden death.

The closest a Scott has got to the knock out stages of a World Cup.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

;D
Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
A rule they still employ in Saudi Arabia.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
The closest a Scott has got to the knock out stages of a World Cup.
:D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online drmick

• Legacy Fan
NZ and Australia joint bid to include both confederations. After the women's WC here this year, why not? We won't be able to offer as massive a bribe as some, but, assuming it's decided on a football basis, then we should have ...
Sorry, please stop laughing so I can finish.

Australia are not in the Oceanic federation.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can’t have consecutive World Cups on the same continent (apparently), so host the 2030 WC on 3. Then hours later Saudi announce their bid for 2034 WC.

Couldn’t make it up.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
After the women’s World Cup went so well this year I was hoping we’d be able to put in a joint bid with New Zealand for the men’s version. Unfortunately Saudi bidding has probably dashed all hope that which is bitterly disappointing.

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
Yes, but its not the entire squad and staff of one team though is it? Say a team plays Saturday evening, they've got a few hours after KO for the flight, then a 13 hour flight, then stay up all day to get back onto Spanish time, then a group game on the Tuesday. Its shit

Well, they won't have a group game on Tuesday, will they?  There are 12 groups now, so its more time in between the matches, and then the 6 teams which will be in SA on that one Saturday can just have their games moves a day or two later.  The distance is not that much greater than NY to LA (which teams did in '94), and less than that between Mexico and Vacouncer/Toronto, which will happen in 2028.

Don't get me wrong, I think it ian utterly corrupt and stupid decision - but the "jet lag" reason is pretty much the weakest argument against it.

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan

I guess we should be preparing for World Cup 2050 - Earth, The Moon and Mars.

Nothing wrong with multiple countries - otherwise you are deliberately not allowing countries like Japan/SK, Netherlands/Belgium, Poland/Ukraine etc - none of those countries have the logistics of stadiums available to host a WC - so you are massively limiting the pool of countries if you don't allow multiple countries. 

Online Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
Like the 2026 World Cup it will probably be ridiculously weighted in favour of the biggest host nation. There will be about 100 games, so expect Morocco to get 10 of those, Portugal 20 and then Spain with just the remaining 70.

Why is that a bad thing if the countries with more logistics, more stadiums and more ability to hold game have more matches.  Portugal have 3 stadiums with a capacity of at least 40k ; Morocco do have 5 so should have more than Portugal for sure - Spain have 11 (so almost 50% more than the other two combined.  The city of *Seville* have 3 stadiums of that size alone.  The only way you make it more equal is you pick smaller stadiums - which means that matches in those stadiums are deliberately chosen so fans of the respective countries have no chance of seeing their team as they'd be no tickets.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
FIFA is shit.

Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay will get 1 match at home before they join the rest of the WC.

Now there is NO way FIFA tell Germany, England, France, etc to head over to South America for one match and then head back to Europe for the second.

FIFA are going to schedule the weakest teams possible to go to South America and gift Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay with a win.

Whatever team gets scheduled to play Uruguay/Paraguay/Argentina. I'm sure the regular National Team supporter is going to love the cost of travel for one match in South America, then the travel to Spain/Portugal/Morocco for the next match.

FIFA have screwed the regular National Team supporter who will have to bear the cost of travelling to multiple continents to follow their team.

FCUK FIFA and their corporate greed.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Will Paraguay even qualify? They don’t always. Or will they be giving 6 spots to the hosts? Suppose if they keep extending the number of teams involved it’s less of an issue.

Paraguay v Vatican City should be a belter.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
All I can see here is FIFA adding these token games to South America (under pretense it is because of the WC anniversary) to free up the slot for Saudi Arabia to run unopposed for the next available WC. If this format seems strange and unjustified, it's because it is. It has probably already been paid for by Saudi Arabia.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
So a minimum of 5 countries get automatic qualification.

KSA has the backing of the Asian Football Confederation so that means Australia/NZ are fcked. That and they have only 25 days to put their PowerPoint Solution together to bid.

This is all teed up for MBS to have the completion of the NEOM (2030) as a showpiece. Going to be mental how many ethnic workers get dragged into the shit storm of building a futuristic city and a bunch of temporary stadiums.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
So a minimum of 5 countries get automatic qualification.

KSA has the backing of the Asian Football Confederation so that means Australia/NZ are fcked. That and they have only 25 days to put their PowerPoint Solution together to bid.

This is all teed up for MBS to have the completion of the NEOM (2030) as a showpiece. Going to be mental how many ethnic workers get dragged into the shit storm of building a futuristic city and a bunch of temporary stadiums.

To be fair - as it will be a 48 team tournament, it is hard to think that all bar Paraguay wouldn't be qualifying anyway (CONMEBOL will have 6 of their 10 teams qualify, plus a 7th through to playoffs, so no chance that either of Uruguay or Argentina aren't qualifying; UEFA will have 16 so ditto Spain and Portugal; and Africa have 9, plus 1 through to a play off tournmant, so unlikely to think that 10 teams will be better than Morocco).

Compare that to 2026, where they will have 3 hosts, from a federation that would have 5 or 6 qualifiers - but it is very possible to imagine at least 1 of USA and Canada failing to get in that top 5/6 in CONCACAF.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
Doesn't the previous winner qualify also?  Could have 7 spots taken already.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2023, 11:28:23 pm by vblfc »

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
Australia are not in the Oceanic federation.
Well, yeah, that's why I said both confederations.