Author Topic: Wasps...  (Read 17791 times)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Re: Wasps...
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2010, 12:32:02 pm »
...like a huge version of a wasp but instead of black and yellow it was brown and yellow....

A Hornet I suspect.
Despite hostile appearances and a drone from their wings like a fully laden Lancaster, the ones we have in the UK are generally harmless bumbling giants and aren't really interested in you at all. And unlike wasps, they don't seem to get drunk at this time of the year on fermented fruit juices and then get aggressive for no good reason.
I usually have a couple of hornet nests in my garden each year and just leave them be, and if they inadvertantly enter the house, simply catch them and release them outside.
(They are attracted by flourescent lights, or at least the UV end of the spectrum). Like wasps, only the queens hibernate, all the others not survivng the first few frosts.
They do quite a lot of good stuff and have their niche in the general scheme of things.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2010, 12:33:58 pm »
Is it a bulldog? What does it look like while it's eating the wasps?
Sam Allardyce
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2010, 12:37:07 pm »
Just had my first encounter since the bed incident last Christmas, little fucker was trying to get out from behind my blinds... so I sprayed half a can of Wasp killer up them.
(is it just me, or do you have to virtually empty the can onto them rather than just one spray?!)
 ???
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2010, 12:40:18 pm »
Yet when it comes to it, we freeze, and hope to God that they fuck off before mistaking the sloghtest movement for agression, and sting you in the face
I hate them too but this thread is class some of the lines at the end.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2010, 12:40:25 pm »
A Hornet I suspect.
Despite hostile appearances and a drone from their wings like a fully laden Lancaster, the ones we have in the UK are generally harmless bumbling giants and aren't really interested in you at all. And unlike wasps, they don't seem to get drunk at this time of the year on fermented fruit juices and then get aggressive for no good reason.
I usually have a couple of hornet nests in my garden each year and just leave them be, and if they inadvertantly enter the house, simply catch them and release them outside.
(They are attracted by flourescent lights, or at least the UV end of the spectrum). Like wasps, only the queens hibernate, all the others not survivng the first few frosts.
They do quite a lot of good stuff and have their niche in the general scheme of things.

have to admit it wasnt hostile....just more annoying than anything...hence the reason i eventually got it out the window and it didnt get the paper/shoe treatment....scary size though ....

Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2010, 12:44:36 pm »
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2010, 12:44:58 pm »
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2010, 01:18:53 pm »
Britain's biggest ever wasp nest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-10871240

Someone should edit that headline and take out the word 'nest'... :) That would scare the shit out of ya!

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2010, 02:26:01 pm »
Britain's biggest ever wasp nest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-10871240

Sent a shiver down my back that. Kill it with fire!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2010, 11:02:16 pm »
these fuckers are out and about again the c*nts, but ive noticed here in london there's a lot of these smaller wasps like ones that just seem to hover around with their wings flapping at like super speed
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2010, 11:09:15 pm »
Found one lying already dead on my bed the other day. I plead not guilty your honour.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2010, 11:09:46 pm »
Just had my first encounter since the bed incident last Christmas, little fucker was trying to get out from behind my blinds... so I sprayed half a can of Wasp killer up them.
(is it just me, or do you have to virtually empty the can onto them rather than just one spray?!)
 ???

Check the expiry date on the can, we had a can recently which wasn't that effective and it was out of date, got a can of Raid and its lethal and very fast.

Also, be sure they are wasps. I had 3 honey bees in the bedroom (thought they were wasps initially as they aren't fat like bumble bees) and the wasp killer wasn't very effective, took over 5 mins for them to die after several sprays.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2010, 11:26:26 pm »
these fuckers are out and about again the c*nts, but ive noticed here in london there's a lot of these smaller wasps like ones that just seem to hover around with their wings flapping at like super speed

Think they are called hoverflies?

Completely harmless but I think they look like that to scare off would be predators. I|'ll double check with Bill Odie next time he calls (if he leaves a message).

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2010, 11:32:48 pm »
Fucking c*nts, the lot of them. This picture from the 'funny photo' thread pretty much sums it up.

I just nearly gave myself a hernia!  Seriously haven't laughed that hard for ages.  Cheers!
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2010, 11:37:09 pm »
What is it with wasps, mosquitoes, spiders and other horrific bugs that make a large percentage of humanity shit themselves when they come into vague proximity with us?
I'm always worried in case they fly up my nose.     :o
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2010, 11:50:57 pm »
Check the expiry date on the can, we had a can recently which wasn't that effective and it was out of date, got a can of Raid and its lethal and very fast.

Also, be sure they are wasps. I had 3 honey bees in the bedroom (thought they were wasps initially as they aren't fat like bumble bees) and the wasp killer wasn't very effective, took over 5 mins for them to die after several sprays.

You killed bees? You fucking disgust me.

;D

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2010, 12:04:54 am »
Agree that wasps are bastards. There's just no need for them. Thankfully, haven't seen as many this year as usual..

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2010, 12:50:35 am »

RIP bees. You animal... :D

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2010, 03:48:00 am »

Offline miguelcooper

• Main Stander
  • I love Mad Men - purely for the storylines though
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2010, 11:53:05 am »
People should really stop posting the scary videos!  :missus
I was reading the other day that, apparently, 1 in 5 people are Chinese...and there are 5 people in my family, so, which one is it?

Well, it's not me...so, it’s either my mum......or my dad......or my older brother Colin......or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu.   Hmm...it's probably Colin.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2010, 01:04:00 pm »
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg