Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3548003 times)

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #21160 on: April 2, 2021, 03:28:15 pm »
Could these be authentic?

Sounds as though the away and third are concepts based on the rumuored colours, but these three would represent possibly our best set of away kits in recent years. Certainly a better set of "change" kits than we've had recently anyway.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21161 on: April 2, 2021, 03:32:42 pm »
Also, despite all the al fellas reminding everyone of how much they hate Nike every second post, aren't the rumuored colours for the away and third their idea of our ideal away colours?

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21162 on: April 2, 2021, 03:35:11 pm »
That's the most 'un-Liverpool-looking' home kit I've seen in my life.
Yes, I really hope that's not really it, looks like a training kit. Those aways are very nice though.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21163 on: April 2, 2021, 04:06:41 pm »
So those kits that were posted a couple of weeks ago are the kits?

Offline TJ2318H

• Main Stander
« Reply #21164 on: April 2, 2021, 04:15:54 pm »
Nothing wrong with the kits I guess.
I just feel like Black has no business being on a LFC Home Kit.
Red, White, and Black are Manchester United Colors.
Red, White, Yellow, and Teal are Liverpool
« Last Edit: April 2, 2021, 04:22:01 pm by TJ2318H »

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21165 on: April 2, 2021, 04:25:41 pm »
The home shirt is a bit too much change all at once for me. Black? nah, pink? why? stay on palette and be creative. Blue shorts and brown socks anyone?

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21166 on: April 2, 2021, 04:28:09 pm »
I like the yellow with the thick pin stripes. It grew on me. I would rather the home with the pink than the one on the hanger above. The lighter shade of red just doesn't contrast well enough and the neck looks thick and spongy. We haven't had a home kit that bad since the 1998 home kit. I hope most of all that's not the away. My first ever kit was the 1997 away in cream/ecru and I was hoping for a return to that. I rarely ever buy the tops but a return to that colour, rather than plain white and I would've bought it.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2021, 04:31:19 pm by Marty 85 »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21167 on: April 2, 2021, 04:29:55 pm »

This looks like its the real deal.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNIDvx9jVy1/

It looks very nice. The young people would love it ...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21168 on: April 2, 2021, 04:37:26 pm »
Be interesting to see what the 'player' or whatever the fuck they'll call it this time version will look like. Those tend to look far superior.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21169 on: April 2, 2021, 04:41:20 pm »
Actually, it looks alot better on my phone. Two completely different shades of red when comparing on my pc and phone.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21170 on: April 2, 2021, 04:46:29 pm »
That looks lovely to be fair

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21171 on: April 2, 2021, 05:12:15 pm »

This looks like its the real deal.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNIDvx9jVy1/

There's a shitload of other pics of the shirt on that instagram account which shows beyond doubt that the collar is green rather than black

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21172 on: April 2, 2021, 05:13:59 pm »
Nothing wrong with the kits I guess.
I just feel like Black has no business being on a LFC Home Kit.
Red, White, and Black are Manchester United Colors.
Red, White, Yellow, and Teal are Liverpool

It's not black, it's dark teal.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21173 on: April 2, 2021, 05:16:23 pm »
I like the yellow with the thick pin stripes. It grew on me. I would rather the home with the pink than the one on the hanger above. The lighter shade of red just doesn't contrast well enough and the neck looks thick and spongy. We haven't had a home kit that bad since the 1998 home kit. I hope most of all that's not the away. My first ever kit was the 1997 away in cream/ecru and I was hoping for a return to that. I rarely ever buy the tops but a return to that colour, rather than plain white and I would've bought it.

2014/2015 was the worst home kit we've had since then. 2015/2016 was bad as well, and the 2010/2011 is close with it.

Offline TJ2318H

• Main Stander
« Reply #21174 on: April 2, 2021, 05:32:14 pm »
It's not black, it's dark teal.

EXTREMELY dark teal.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21175 on: April 2, 2021, 06:15:54 pm »
It looks very nice. The young people would love it ...
Yep, my daughters bf was enthused by them but someone on here said those won't be the kits.

Exciting stuff Peter.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21176 on: April 2, 2021, 06:22:32 pm »
Not sure why you're asking why.  I've already said why.

So you don't mind overt displays of our victorious past, so long as they're sanctioned by the authorities?  Just seems a bit odd to differentiate.

It's such a trivial bone to be arsed picking really.

I stated a personal opinion (of which I'm entitled to do so) that I'm glad the club haven't gone down the route of incorporating stars into our club crest. Loads of clubs have started doing it, and it feels a bit tacky to me. Of course, opinions will differ there.

The 'Six Times' patch has not been incorporated into our club crest, and the XXX-Times patches are dished out to multiple winners of their competition by UEFA and are worn in their competition too, so that is completely irrelevant when it comes to talk of adding stars to the official club crest.

Some are into adding stars, some aren't. Really, it's no big deal.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21177 on: April 2, 2021, 07:17:30 pm »
The “so called pink” compared to our 2000 home kit.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #21178 on: April 2, 2021, 07:29:31 pm »
I think it looks great, and I'm not young *sobs*

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #21179 on: April 2, 2021, 07:56:31 pm »
I don't like the collar. This is no longer the club I fell in love with and I will now follow tennis instead.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21180 on: April 2, 2021, 08:08:22 pm »
Yeah, that kit was always a touch on the pink side too.  Well spotted.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21181 on: April 2, 2021, 08:14:16 pm »
I don't like the collar. This is no longer the club I fell in love with and I will now follow tennis instead.

😂
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21182 on: April 2, 2021, 08:51:08 pm »
Absolutely love it  8)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21183 on: April 2, 2021, 08:56:21 pm »
It's a bright crimson red, or vermillion.

The shirt being massively different to any other Liverpool kit: not sure if that's a stroke of genius or a bad thing. Probably the former, though, when you compare just how different it is to the current one, which I actually like. It's not like NB or Adidas when we'd a couple that looked so similar that you couldn't tell what year they were from.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2021, 08:59:16 pm by Macphisto80 »

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21184 on: April 2, 2021, 09:13:19 pm »
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21185 on: April 2, 2021, 09:19:09 pm »

Home kit's legit, away / third aren't. That's what Fumler reckons anyway and I don't think he's ever been wrong with his kit knowledge.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #21186 on: April 2, 2021, 09:26:01 pm »
It's funny when you think about it now as this is an all time classic, but you can imagine the vitriol to this shirt when it was released had the internet been around then. ;D

#Sausages

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21187 on: April 2, 2021, 09:43:32 pm »
Home kit's legit, away / third aren't. That's what Fumler reckons anyway and I don't think he's ever been wrong with his kit knowledge.

Tbf the home kit still isn't technically 'right' per Fumler's knowledge either. Close knock-offs but there's some marked differences.

Assuming it's similar I think the home kit will do pretty well.
YNWA.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21188 on: April 3, 2021, 07:52:57 am »
Is that the away kit next to it?

Ha ha

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21189 on: April 3, 2021, 08:47:37 am »
It's funny when you think about it now as this is an all time classic, but you can imagine the vitriol to this shirt when it was released had the internet been around then. ;D

You can stick yer fucking stripes up yer arse
You can stick yer fucking stripes up yer arse..
You can stick yer fucking stripes up yer arse ...sideways

Spion Kop first home game of the season that kit was worn (I know, I was there)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21190 on: April 3, 2021, 08:52:04 am »
Also, despite all the al fellas reminding everyone of how much they hate Nike every second post, aren't the rumuored colours for the away and third their idea of our ideal away colours?

Shanks changed our kit to all red in the 60's. Every other tradition is getting eroded, why do we clap the away goalie at the kop?, lets sing the songs like were on speed, lets whinge and whine about the owners and money, blah blah fucking blah, so lets at least leave the fucking home kit alone.

I like the design on the aways btw. I'd never pay the money though, overpriced tat from what people who bought last years kits said.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #21191 on: April 3, 2021, 09:02:40 am »
You can stick yer fucking stripes up yer arse
You can stick yer fucking stripes up yer arse..
You can stick yer fucking stripes up yer arse ...sideways

Spion Kop first home game of the season that kit was worn (I know, I was there)

Haha, I also remember people saying that it looked like a red Ipswich kit
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21192 on: April 3, 2021, 02:08:03 pm »
Shanks changed our kit to all red in the 60's. Every other tradition is getting eroded, why do we clap the away goalie at the kop?, lets sing the songs like were on speed, lets whinge and whine about the owners and money, blah blah fucking blah, so lets at least leave the fucking home kit alone.

I like the design on the aways btw. I'd never pay the money though, overpriced tat from what people who bought last years kits said.

I would argue the traditions on the Kop are way more important and different than some commercial design decisions made to sell kits across the globe, where a lot of those people are probably pretty far removed from the match-day traditions and the clubs' ethos. As long as it's red and isn't offensive in some way I have no major qualms about whatever they do.

I would imagine the club have probably considered modernising the logo too, which is probably going to go down like a lead balloon with some of our fanbase one day.
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #21193 on: April 3, 2021, 06:18:44 pm »
I really like it, and the white one. I'm not keen on yellow kits to be honest (yeah yeah, come at me :P) mainly as I look shit in yellow. Good job we don't have many pasty Brits who'll be wearing it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #21194 on: April 3, 2021, 06:20:00 pm »
I would imagine the club have probably considered modernising the logo too, which is probably going to go down like a lead balloon with some of our fanbase one day.

Remember the special Centenary badge we had, now that was fucking shite.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
« Reply #21195 on: April 3, 2021, 08:31:13 pm »
Obviously it’s a rather subjective and meaningless point to make but to me that hone one doesn’t really ‘look’ like a Liverpool kit.

If you took the logos off and showed it to fans of other clubs how many of them would think it was Liverpool’s? I think people would say it was Roma.

If the away and third kits are legit then I do like the yellow, the only thing I would change would have a V neck like the old Hitachi kit.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21196 on: April 3, 2021, 09:05:52 pm »
If the away and third kits are legit then I do like the yellow, the only thing I would change would have a V neck like the old Hitachi kit.
The main problem I have with the yellow one is that it makes me visualise Rickie Lambert.

Plus the stripes are way too thick.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #21197 on: April 3, 2021, 11:40:04 pm »
The main problem I have with the yellow one is that it makes me visualise Rickie Lambert.

Plus the stripes are way too thick.

Nothing wrong with Rickie Lambert. Achieved a dream by playing for his boyhood team and scored a few goals as well including one at Villa when he ran into the fans and we went apeshit. Great stuff. Just saying like.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21198 on: April 4, 2021, 01:27:45 am »
Nothing wrong with Rickie Lambert. Achieved a dream by playing for his boyhood team and scored a few goals as well including one at Villa when he ran into the fans and we went apeshit. Great stuff. Just saying like.
I don't disagree.  I just separate Rickie the footballer from Rickie the man.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21199 on: April 4, 2021, 03:27:30 am »

He said we weren't signing with Nike once too.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."