Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 664466 times)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will he be fit for the start of the season?

Yes

Offline crabfootlong

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Looked fit and strong today. The third goal reminded me of how strange his composure is. He plays like a seasoned finisher but he is so damn young. He clearly looked the part today. No problem running alongside the defenders knowing that he had the ball. And an excellent finish after making the goal-keeper commit. Exciting times ahead!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Hard not to get excited about what this lad could become if he continues to progress the way he has been doing. He's already a beast for his age.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Away from home I think Big Div will get the nod over Sturridge, quick and strong, fast and powerful, swift and robust, certainly has the right attributes to succeed :) keep up the good work, lad.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Give him the #9
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's immense, seems lethal infront of goal now aswell. I was expecting a gradual improvement over time with him but he pretty much went from ok to brilliant!  ;D Fair enough!!

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
Give him the #9

Can see him getting it next summer if he has a belter of a season this year.

Might be reading too much in to it but I think he wants the number 9 based on the fact he's chosen the 27. Strikers quite often take numbers which add to 9 if they can't get the 9 itself.
Believe

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Starting next week then I suppose
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
Brilliant, just brilliant. You felt confident he would score when he was through one on one - tells you how far he has come on.

Without doubt our main striker.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Brilliant, just brilliant. You felt confident he would score when he was through one on one - tells you how far he has come on.

Looks casual which must confuse defenders.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
He's bloody strong too. Once he gets ahead of you, it's hard to get around him to get the ball.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

;D So understated. Divock is a god amongst men
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Nope.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I'd prefer just to be excited that he seems to be growing into his potential rather than start saying he's better than Sturridge, etc. 10m looks like an absolute steal, mind.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
So friggin' good, crazy how much he's improved, going from the 'Worst striker in the French League' to being a top striker for a world famous club, this lad has everything, pace, strength, power, finishing and most importantly....A brain! Divock has massive potenial and hopefully he stays with us long enough to become a world class striker!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Of Firmino - in the shape we played first half

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
Natural, easy flowing pace, didn't even look like he was sprinting away.

Lad has everything you need to be a top striker, if he can stay fit and keep improving, he could be the PL's breakout player this year.

He starts 35 games I reckon he gets 20+ goals easily, absolute monster this lad.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite

Not sure we have a main striker. Think it will depend on opposition, type of game, midfield shape etc.

He's very good though. Like Kloppo said: we'll have a lot of fun with this player.  8)

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Once Sturridge rides away into the sunset, this guy will take his place. Immense today.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's ok

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Took his goal in a fashion eerily similar to brazilian Ronaldo, plus the celebration was the same, hmm...

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd prefer just to be excited that he seems to be growing into his potential rather than start saying he's better than Sturridge, etc. 10m looks like an absolute steal, mind.

I'd argue that we play better as a team with Origi up top even though Sturridge is a better striker currently. Origi's qualities suit our style of play perfectly, his ability to hold up the ball and that pace advantage he has over Sturridge being the main benefits he gives us. They are both so useful to have though, I couldn't care less which one starts. I'm just delighted we have some great options to pick from.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looking clinical at finshing from one on one's which is the most important thing in a striker for me, after all its what Rushie and Robbie did best.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
hesg onna be boss this lad

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
He is the perfect striker for Klopp's system. Pace, power, technique and the ability to finish. He has played himself ahead of Sturridge in the pecking order for me.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
thought the chance was lost when he pulled wide with the ball rather than going centrally

den BOOM! the net rattled

Wasn't sure whether he will start vs Arsenal but thats a given now with Sturridge injury(how many time are we going to see that again this season, sighhh)

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
Some player this guy,   understanding of the game, for a striker is rare. That Firmino chance in the second half, where Stewart played a first time left footed drive volley through ball.
Origi's layoff first time to Stewart, was unreal appreciation of the situation.
Never seen a player show so much of change over two seasons.

He is good at running the channels. Good at dribbling. Good on 1v1s in and around the box. Good with his back to the goal. Good at finishing now, though need to show consistently. Good as an aerial threat.
Pace, power, passing, finishing, heading.
When a striker has even 3 of the above, he can be greatly successful provided he has the spirit and a brain to learn.
Origi has each of these aforementioned qualities.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2016, 05:31:40 am by Carra-ton »
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The good thing is, I'm not that concerned if Daniel picks up a knock anymore. When he's injured, we've young Divok who can do a job for us and if he gets injured, we can play Sadio through the middle. And if he then gets injured, we still have Bobby and Danny to call upon.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
What a finisher he is, really happy with our front line going into the season.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
The good thing is, I'm not that concerned if Daniel picks up a knock anymore. When he's injured, we've young Divok who can do a job for us and if he gets injured, we can play Sadio through the middle. And if he then gets injured, we still have Bobby and Danny to call upon.
To be fair in the past 2 seasons we didn't really have a quality striker aside from Sturridge. Our attacking options are a lot better now. Were done from the Lambert, Balotelli, and sticking Sterling up front days. We have some quality with Origi, Ings, and even Firmino.
Seen us win everything

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I like the guy and think he is good for 12-15 goals in all comps this year

Hope we can play the long game a bit more with attacking players and find the next steal that Klopp can develop

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hard not to get excited about what this lad could become if he continues to progress the way he has been doing. He's already a beast for his age.

Credit to Rodgers for having the foresight to sign him. Up.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yep. Well done Brendan.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Maybe Origi as he is now is the player Brendan thought Benteke would be.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Yes, definitely one of Rodgers' better signings.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
Yes, definitely one of Rodgers' better signings.

It was a transfer committee signing ;)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Maybe Origi as he is now is the player Brendan thought Benteke would be.

I think he's the player he hoped Balotelli could be for us.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline MontyM

• Kemlynite
  • I'm 2000 miles away, you lucky B*stards!
It was a transfer committee signing ;)

Every time I hear this, I imagine cloak and dagger style English Gentlemen chortling at sweet nothings and vanishing into an alleyway

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
I like the guy and think he is good for 12-15 goals in all comps this year

Hope we can play the long game a bit more with attacking players and find the next steal that Klopp can develop

Depends on how much of the season Sturridge misses with injury. Divovck could get a lot more than 12.

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
I think he's the player he hoped Balotelli could be for us.

I think Rodgers is the player that Origi thought Balo would be for Benteke.........Err.