Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 662979 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #11720 on: March 30, 2024, 01:25:46 am »
Ok, a question from someone who doesn't know the area and is unlikely to visit Liverpool any time soon (though I did get to see it as a teenager): is there actually a sewage smell? I know that not every type of waste treatment plant creates much of an odor.
I have not noticed it myself but I am aware there are some awful fewms
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11721 on: March 30, 2024, 02:08:53 am »
Ok, a question from someone who doesn't know the area and is unlikely to visit Liverpool any time soon (though I did get to see it as a teenager): is there actually a sewage smell? I know that not every type of waste treatment plant creates much of an odor.
Not all the time. In the colder months I've not noticed it, but in the warmer months it's sometimes quite sickening when I've driven past. The windows go up pretty fast. I sometimes get car service items from Euro Car Parts nearby and I've smelt it there at times too. As the weather warms up I'm sure the smell will be more noticable. Well, if it ever does warm up, that is.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #11722 on: March 30, 2024, 06:44:31 am »
When all is said and done, it would be an absolute shame for the league, the city, the wider area and for football in general, if Everton didn’t go down.

Scousers untide.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #11723 on: March 30, 2024, 08:52:57 am »
Over time the smell will settle into the stadium, so when it doesn't stink, it'll still stink

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11724 on: March 30, 2024, 09:39:13 am »
Over time the smell will settle into the stadium, so when it doesn't stink, it'll still stink

That is so true. Before they sorted the smell from shitworks by ours out, I worked in an office not too far from it and even on days when there was no smell, you'd walk into reception and you could smell it in the walls. Even with all the work done to sort the smell, sometimes we'll go to the retail park near it and it'll stink.

Mondays driving into work over the Barton Bridge were the worst, that horrible cabbage smell, must have been Sunday dinner disposal shits.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11725 on: March 30, 2024, 10:18:15 am »

Which is why they are supposedly pumping a scent in
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/inside-everton-550m-stadium-seats-scent-2963704

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11726 on: March 30, 2024, 10:18:53 am »

700 local residents sued the owners of the plant in 2021 claiming the smell was that bad they couldn't let their kids play out in the summer. Some remedial work has been done but it still stinks when they open the gates. It is that bad that they have agreed not to open the gates on match days. If only Everton would promise to do the same.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11727 on: March 30, 2024, 11:04:05 am »
This is New Brighton, imagine waves like that hitting the dock wall outside BMD on a match day

I remember them building a state of the art shopping mall at New Brighton. I also remember cars floating around the car park at high tide.
They had to retro fit steel flood gates.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11728 on: March 30, 2024, 11:36:53 am »
I remember them building a state of the art shopping mall at New Brighton. I also remember cars floating around the car park at high tide.
They had to retro fit steel flood gates.

The Mersey has the 2nd highest tidal range of any River in the Country. When you think that the Thames with a smaller tidal range has installed flood barriers then it doesn't bode well for Everton.

This was the St Nicholas Place in 1990.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11729 on: March 30, 2024, 11:45:33 am »
Their statement yesterday was interesting. Basically confirming that they still don’t have funds to complete the stadium.

Quite an achievement
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #11730 on: March 30, 2024, 11:50:52 am »

The smell of shit will be embedded in the concrete.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11731 on: March 30, 2024, 12:19:10 pm »
The Mersey has the 2nd highest tidal range of any River in the Country. When you think that the Thames with a smaller tidal range has installed flood barriers then it doesn't bode well for Everton.

Why the heck would you be that stupid?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11732 on: March 30, 2024, 12:19:47 pm »
Well, there will definitely be shite football inside the stadium, to match the smell.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11733 on: March 30, 2024, 12:26:37 pm »

I remember that storm, New Brighton open air swimming pool was flooded so bad [sea water got into the foundations] in that storm it had to be demolished

#Sausages

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11734 on: March 30, 2024, 12:37:16 pm »

Easy to see why Arrigo Sacchi's hair turned white...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11735 on: March 30, 2024, 12:39:25 pm »
I remember that storm, New Brighton open air swimming pool was flooded so bad [sea water got into the foundations] in that storm it had to be demolished

This was New Brighton during that storm.

This is Michael Chong talking about BMD.

He added: "We are actually probably building one of the most complex projects in one of the most difficult locations.

"It's in a world heritage site, it's in a floodplain, it's in a docklands environment which is used to control the Leeds-Liverpool canal there - and we literally have to raise the footprint of the stadium by over a metre to create a new level if you want to call it that, where hopefully the experts will have got it right.

"The rest of Liverpool could flood but the football stadium should be ok!"
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11736 on: March 30, 2024, 12:40:47 pm »
Easy to see why Arrigo Sacchi's hair turned white...

I thought it was Howard Kendall looking for the bottle of Scotch he had stashed.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11737 on: March 30, 2024, 12:48:44 pm »

He added: "We are actually probably building one of the most complex projects in one of the most difficult locations.

"It's in a world heritage site, it's in a floodplain, it's in a docklands environment which is used to control the Leeds-Liverpool canal there - and we literally have to raise the footprint of the stadium by over a metre to create a new level if you want to call it that, where hopefully the experts will have got it right.

Looks like a friendly monster popping up from the depths.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11738 on: March 30, 2024, 03:57:29 pm »
Commentator on the Everton-Bournemouth match seems to infer the 2nd PSR is coming early next week

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #11739 on: March 30, 2024, 04:57:45 pm »
Joint worst run of form with Mike Walker’s rabble of a side :lmao
AHA!

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11740 on: March 30, 2024, 04:58:20 pm »
What a Seamus

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11741 on: March 30, 2024, 04:59:26 pm »
I know this is a daft question but what on earth was Pickford doing?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11742 on: March 30, 2024, 05:01:06 pm »
3 and a half months since their last league win.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11743 on: March 30, 2024, 05:02:02 pm »
I know this is a daft question but what on earth was Pickford doing?

He was doing the Pickford, it's a crazy new dance that has an ever evolving number of moves.

Genius really.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11744 on: March 30, 2024, 05:02:10 pm »
They are lucky theirs 4 teams worse than they are, thats unless they get another points deduction.
#Sausages

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #11745 on: March 30, 2024, 05:02:34 pm »

Nothing that another points deduction wont cure.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11746 on: March 30, 2024, 05:04:44 pm »
Nothing that another points deduction wont cure.
It'll certainly help ward off their biggest problem - COMPLACENCY.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11747 on: March 30, 2024, 05:06:17 pm »
Any chance it will spread to the Old Trafford tonight?

Hard to say, it's spread has baffled the worlds greatest minds, could be in the water, I think it's the boos.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11748 on: March 30, 2024, 05:06:56 pm »
Was the own goal as good as it sounds?

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11749 on: March 30, 2024, 05:07:12 pm »
Haven't won a game since December and yet they'll stay up quite comfortably. The bottom of the league is a bad joke.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11750 on: March 30, 2024, 05:07:48 pm »
Was the own goal as good as it sounds?

Was a worldie.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11751 on: March 30, 2024, 05:07:56 pm »
Hard to say, it's spread has baffled the worlds greatest minds, could be in the water, I think it's the boos.

Fingers crossed then, I feel like a good laugh tonight.  :jester

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan

Offline kiwiscouser

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11755 on: March 30, 2024, 05:14:05 pm »

What could possibly go wrong!? 🤷

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11757 on: March 30, 2024, 05:15:30 pm »
Thanks.  A beautiful finish!

To be fair to Coleman at his age it is easy to forget what you went into the penalty area for.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11758 on: March 30, 2024, 05:17:15 pm »
What could possibly go wrong!? 🤷

Imagine spending £750m on a new Stadium and 'hoping' the experts have got it right.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11759 on: March 30, 2024, 05:17:24 pm »

They should be thankful for getting their points deduction. The only good run of form they've had all season came off the back of it. More than offset what they ended up getting taken off.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.