Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047647 times)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Reply #9680 on: October 13, 2022, 09:38:44 am »
Jake Humphrey is an overpromoted children's TV presenter gobshite. I still expect him to end every sentence with ", boys and girls!"
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9681 on: October 13, 2022, 10:28:29 am »
Not like Steve Nicol to just look at the negatives after a 7-1 win.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9682 on: October 13, 2022, 10:41:55 am »
Not like Steve Nicol to just look at the negatives after a 7-1 win.
We really do have some ex players who just love to shit on the club. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but they tend to over react without context. It was easier to play the role of "not as good as we were" pre Klopp, but they are attempting to critique a group of players and a manager that have provided consistency like we have never seen before.

Hamann, Nicol, Whelen, Mcmanaman, Carragher (when there's no trophy to celebrate) have all been guilty. Some more than others.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9683 on: October 13, 2022, 11:01:35 am »
We really do have some ex players who just love to shit on the club. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but they tend to over react without context. It was easier to play the role of "not as good as we were" pre Klopp, but they are attempting to critique a group of players and a manager that have provided consistency like we have never seen before.

Hamann, Nicol, Whelen, Mcmanaman, Carragher (when there's no trophy to celebrate) have all been guilty. Some more than others.
Is there any former LFC player turned pundit who actually likes us? Seems like most of them tend to get off on us being shit or nitpicking things when we are playing good

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9684 on: October 13, 2022, 11:09:25 am »
Is there any former LFC player turned pundit who actually likes us? Seems like most of them tend to get off on us being shit or nitpicking things when we are playing good

Fowler….think that’s it
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9685 on: October 13, 2022, 11:16:52 am »
Fowler….think that’s it
Fowler, Barnes, McAteer. Gerrard obviously on the few occasions he's done one of our games. I'm sure I've seen lads like Garcia do a good job. But mainstream UK regular pundits that are measured about us are pretty rare.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9686 on: October 13, 2022, 11:37:06 am »

Depends what you consider a pundit. I’d say pretty much all of the ones who work for LFCTV are true fans. Certainly nobody could say Aldo for example doesn’t bleed Liverpool. He’s probably the most biased on there. McAteer, Spackman, Kirkland etc are reds though I think.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9687 on: October 13, 2022, 11:47:39 am »

^ Spackman when working for non-LFC TV can be snidey - surprisingly Beglin can be too on occasion. Obviously Lawrenson is a full-time snide (when not talking about his glory days).
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9688 on: October 13, 2022, 11:51:59 am »
^ Spackman when working for non-LFC TV can be snidey - surprisingly Beglin can be too on occasion. Obviously Lawrenson is a full-time snide (when not talking about his glory days).

Warnock's the same. Way more critical of Liverpool when working for Sky or Five Live than he is on the club channel.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9689 on: October 13, 2022, 11:52:03 am »
Is Michael Owen alright? I've only caught him a couple times post match as not something I really bother with and he seems boring but decent given the standard and pretty positive, although given it was both after wins might have swing that

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9690 on: October 13, 2022, 11:59:24 am »
Is Michael Owen alright? I've only caught him a couple times post match as not something I really bother with and he seems boring but decent given the standard and pretty positive, although given it was both after wins might have swing that

Owen is okay at times (in comparison to others around him) - yet seemingly always looking to make the conversation about him and his playing days. Offers little insight, toes the line and seems to look to say what he thinks others want to say - I suppose that's what tv companies want. #CleanCutBrandValuesBrochure ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9691 on: October 13, 2022, 12:03:55 pm »
Fowler….think that’s it

Jamie Redknapp and Crouchy stick up for us quite abit imo.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9692 on: October 13, 2022, 12:06:44 pm »
Warnock's the same. Way more critical of Liverpool when working for Sky or Five Live than he is on the club channel.
Up to a point that’s fair enough I think. On a club channel they can be fairly one eyed. When it’s a national broadcaster they know they’ll probably get loads of grief if they’re too pro-Liverpool. Doesn’t seem to bother pundits either links to other clubs but we just boil more piss than most.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9693 on: October 13, 2022, 12:31:28 pm »
Owen is okay at times (in comparison to others around him) - yet seemingly always looking to make the conversation about him and his playing days. Offers little insight, toes the line and seems to look to say what he thinks others want to say - I suppose that's what tv companies want. #CleanCutBrandValuesBrochure ;)

Sometimes though I quite like that. I haven't listened to him too much to be honest, but when I have, he gives some good insight into how he would see a situation as a striker or why strikers approach things in a certain way. I like that. It certainly beats the hell out of some of the cliches like "he would have score that last season" or the tiresome "you would have scored that one Alan" followed by hilarious laughter you get with most of them.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #9694 on: October 13, 2022, 01:24:54 pm »
Fowler seems to like us.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9695 on: October 13, 2022, 01:36:37 pm »
That’s not something you read a lot.

:D I'll take it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9696 on: October 13, 2022, 01:38:57 pm »
I wish I was Hazell. During our game on Sunday Tyler said it. If you are unfortunate enough to listen to him, he starts every match reeling off pointless stats, regardless of whats happening on the pitch

He needs to be put out to pasture. It's mad that all he has to do is turn up, spout nonsense for 90 minutes and then go home.

Just have no commentary or 'analysis'.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9697 on: October 13, 2022, 02:01:56 pm »
Up to a point that’s fair enough I think. On a club channel they can be fairly one eyed. When it’s a national broadcaster they know they’ll probably get loads of grief if they’re too pro-Liverpool. Doesn’t seem to bother pundits either links to other clubs but we just boil more piss than most.
I quite like the one eyed stuff, but I was brought up on the footy Echo  :)

The thing that bugs me though is why does it just seem to be a load of our ex players that try hard not to appear too biased? I agree with you, Utd City and Chelsea are 3 clubs that spring to mind where pundit supporters have no problem with circling the wagons and defending those clubs no matter what.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9698 on: October 13, 2022, 02:23:06 pm »
The pundits I find with the strangest affinities to any club are the likes of John Hartson, Chris Sutton and Mark Hateley who constantly refer to Celtic or Rangers as us or we, when they only spent a season or two playing with those particular clubs throughout a long career. It's maybe the only way they will get a gig on TV I guess.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9699 on: October 13, 2022, 03:27:17 pm »
The pundits I find with the strangest affinities to any club are the likes of John Hartson, Chris Sutton and Mark Hateley who constantly refer to Celtic or Rangers as us or we, when they only spent a season or two playing with those particular clubs throughout a long career. It's maybe the only way they will get a gig on TV I guess.

Michael Owen has said the 'we' when referring to Manchester United a few times too. I agree - it is most strange...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9700 on: October 13, 2022, 04:30:43 pm »
Half time and we get a replay of the pundits studio when Rangers scored. I’d expect a manc to be happy but Ferdinand celebrated like it was Man U winning the CL final. Can’t imagine one of our former players acting the same when they concede….then again, we don’t sing about their club.  EVERY. FUCKING. GAME.

Special mention to Jake Humphrey also leaping about for the Rangers goal. Looked like he just wanted to be their mate though.

Nice to hear the main presenter was remaining impartial. The prick. Has he apologised for the shite he came out with in Paris yet?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9701 on: October 13, 2022, 06:11:44 pm »
Why do they all do that stupid growl thing when they're explaining a move or goal! 

Even the females are doing it 😡

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9702 on: October 16, 2022, 07:28:42 pm »
Just watching the post match stuff.

Carragher is a c*nt.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9703 on: October 16, 2022, 07:48:01 pm »

Carragher is a c*nt.

Don’t usually watch the after game crap but today was both amusing and annoying.

Sky seem to be gutted we lost but Richards was incredible today I wondered if it is the same bloke as I didn’t hear his laugh or maybe he is just a massive fake, who knows ?!

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9704 on: October 16, 2022, 08:09:35 pm »
Martin Tyler is too focused on the “wider picture” to get absorbed in the moment, as Peter Drury does so well.

Tyler is just a mix of frequent pauses and mentioning something that’s happened recently.

“Darwin Nunez… scored against Rangers in… midweek. On the bench today.”
“James Milner who… last season was… given the run around… by Phil Foden”

Drury on the other hand… THE PHAROHS RESIDE IN THEIR PYRAMIDS, MO SALAH THE EGYPTIAN KING RESIDES AT ANFIELD, LIGHTING UP THESE BIG GAMES LIKE A SHOOTING STAR IN THE NIGHT SKY OF CAIRO

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9705 on: October 16, 2022, 08:17:23 pm »
Didi Hamann must be gutted about that result.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9706 on: October 16, 2022, 10:44:33 pm »

Carragher is a c*nt.
What did he have to say this week? Was he gutted we won

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9707 on: October 16, 2022, 11:01:36 pm »

Said the Haaland foul on Fabinho was 50/50.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9708 on: October 16, 2022, 11:04:13 pm »
I can’t believe I’ve just heard Danny Murphy actually talking some sense.
AHA!

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9709 on: October 16, 2022, 11:05:12 pm »
I can’t believe I’ve just heard Danny Murphy actually talking some sense.
Must be getting cold in hell then

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #9710 on: October 16, 2022, 11:50:34 pm »
Neville with another orgasm on live tv.. when Salah scored

Atleast he’s consistent

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9711 on: October 17, 2022, 10:49:29 am »

Somehow managed to shoehorn Trent into the conversation when talking about Cancelo being a wank defender, the absolute twat.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9712 on: October 17, 2022, 11:49:18 am »
Murphy and Keown saying Taylor was right in not blowing the whistle for the foul on Fabinho because he wanted to let the game flow. Just get rid of the ref and let VAR take over if that's the case. Also didn't have time to review the foul and attempted elbow on Salah that Klopp was sent off for.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9713 on: October 17, 2022, 12:34:10 pm »
Stupidly put Sky on when I got back from the game only for them to spend ages talking about a correctly disallowed goal rather than a really good game of football.

I particularly liked when Neville said it should have stood as the ref had let those incidents go all game. He named a few of those incidents and funnily enough they were all fouls not given for us- he didn't point out that flaw in his argument

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9714 on: October 17, 2022, 12:48:19 pm »
Martin Tyler is too focused on the “wider picture” to get absorbed in the moment, as Peter Drury does so well.

Tyler is just a mix of frequent pauses and mentioning something that’s happened recently.

“Darwin Nunez… scored against Rangers in… midweek. On the bench today.”
“James Milner who… last season was… given the run around… by Phil Foden”

Drury on the other hand… THE PHAROHS RESIDE IN THEIR PYRAMIDS, MO SALAH THE EGYPTIAN KING RESIDES AT ANFIELD, LIGHTING UP THESE BIG GAMES LIKE A SHOOTING STAR IN THE NIGHT SKY OF CAIRO

;D Drury can get too lyrical sometimes. Yeah sure, against City or a cup final it's brilliant but maybe not so much for our 9th goal against Bournemouth. Definitely prefer him to Tyler any day though. On the feed I had yesterday, they had someone doing main comms with Jim Beglin. Thought he was alright for the most part, just didn't catch his name.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9715 on: October 17, 2022, 12:58:33 pm »
;D Drury can get too lyrical sometimes. Yeah sure, against City or a cup final it's brilliant but maybe not so much for our 9th goal against Bournemouth. Definitely prefer him to Tyler any day though. On the feed I had yesterday, they had someone doing main comms with Jim Beglin. Thought he was alright for the most part, just didn't catch his name.

Conor Mcnamara. He does 5 live most of the time.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9716 on: October 17, 2022, 01:40:55 pm »
Conor Mcnamara. He does 5 live most of the time.

Yeah he’s decent too.

Shame Clive Tyldesley has been banished to Soccer Aid.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9717 on: October 17, 2022, 02:12:43 pm »
Yeah he’s decent too.

Shame Clive Tyldesley has been banished to Soccer Aid.
that's a shame and yet Sky still drag out Tyler every year. Does Alan Parry still games for Sky?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9718 on: October 17, 2022, 02:13:22 pm »
that's a shame and yet Sky still drag out Tyler every year. Does Alan Parry still games for Sky?

He sounds like a lot of fun.

You edited that you bastard!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9719 on: October 17, 2022, 03:32:48 pm »
Murphy and Keown saying Taylor was right in not blowing the whistle for the foul on Fabinho because he wanted to let the game flow. Just get rid of the ref and let VAR take over if that's the case. Also didn't have time to review the foul and attempted elbow on Salah that Klopp was sent off for.
[/b]

What was that about !  Big talking point in the game, and they "didn't have time" to review it? I'll tell you why. Because Klopp said what does Mo have to do to get a free kick, and every one of them have Salah does as a diver and a cheating foreigner, so they're not going to show something that dispels that myth. The treatment Salah gets from officials, and the media, is rotten.
If Salah had have dived there, and it was Guardiola who went mad and got sent, would they have time to have shown it?  There you go