Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4013411 times)

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #40240 on: August 6, 2015, 07:50:21 pm »
Yea it's a good film that Geoff.

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #40241 on: August 7, 2015, 03:24:50 am »
 Happy Birthday Mr Gill Sir.

My 8th anniversary joining Rawk. !

If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #40243 on: August 7, 2015, 09:52:29 am »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/my-premier-league-life

Haha, I was just coming on here to post the same thing, mad isn't it? The club we've lost the most to since I was born was the friggin' Mancs, however, all is not bad, the club we've beaten the most is the Bitters!
« Last Edit: August 7, 2015, 09:54:30 am by BSBW »
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #40245 on: August 7, 2015, 12:13:22 pm »
Alright Vic.

I second that emotion.

HB to one of Liverpool and RAWKs treasures.

We all devour your every recollection.

All the best for a happy and healthy, mate.

« Last Edit: August 7, 2015, 12:54:21 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #40246 on: August 7, 2015, 04:46:03 pm »

Delighted to echo that wish Vic - many more of 'em mate!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40247 on: August 7, 2015, 07:46:52 pm »
Happy birthday Vic
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #40248 on: August 8, 2015, 09:07:20 pm »
Happy Birthday Sugarpants. Mwah   :lickin :champ :scarf :thumbup :wellin
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40249 on: August 9, 2015, 08:06:47 am »
I am late to this party all the best Vic
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40250 on: August 9, 2015, 04:27:04 pm »
Come out come out wherever you are Vic lad! We all know you hate the bloody limelight - but you can't duck it lad - NOT on your birthday!! Show your head over the parapet!! There's no bullets flying in here. . .
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #40251 on: August 9, 2015, 06:49:08 pm »
I suspect the parrot has a wing in this silence.  Things have not always been easy between them and ... ooooh you know ... beak to the unsuspecting throat during siesta and well .. doesn't bear thinking about.......
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40252 on: August 10, 2015, 07:44:28 am »
Bloody sneaky those African greys - at their most dangerous when you least expect it.
Lull one into a false sense of security and then CAW-POW, they pounce !!  ::) ::)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:46:09 am by JohnnoWhite »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40253 on: August 10, 2015, 09:13:25 am »
Bloody sneaky those African greys - at their most dangerous when you least expect it.
Lull one into a false sense of security and then CAW-POW, they pounce !!  ::) ::)
A bit more active than the Norwegian Blue then Johnno

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40254 on: August 11, 2015, 06:19:07 pm »
And those Norwegians I am led to believe can be VERY blue indeed. I want one for Chrissie!!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40255 on: August 11, 2015, 09:21:42 pm »
And those Norwegians I am led to believe can be VERY blue indeed. I want one for Chrissie!!

Beautiful Plummage

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #40256 on: August 11, 2015, 11:38:34 pm »
Hello folks, long time no see, I hope you're all well. :wave
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #40257 on: August 12, 2015, 02:38:35 pm »
If I could get one for my missus, that wouldn't be a bad swap.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40258 on: August 13, 2015, 08:05:18 am »
Vic lad - wherefore art thou Vic lad? ;) Yer can't still be kaylyed after yer birthday party .  .  . surely? :P

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40259 on: August 13, 2015, 08:45:08 pm »
i created a mini wildlife area on my allotment today with not one but two small ponds , Frogs soon found it, jobs a goodun

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #40260 on: August 15, 2015, 12:05:04 pm »
Just a quick question. Who was responsible for killing this thread by taking it off the main boards?
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #40261 on: August 15, 2015, 06:41:59 pm »
Funny day that in town, why did Nazi's choose Liverpool for their March? Fucken madness.

Anyway never got out of Limey ended up locked in the left luggage, you couldn't make it up, coppers in massive numbers smuggling them out the back gate of Limey and right out of the city, they never even got to see the George's hall!

'White man March' my arse!
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40262 on: August 15, 2015, 07:10:18 pm »
Some of the videos on Facebook/youtube are funny as...

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #40263 on: August 15, 2015, 07:18:09 pm »
Some of the videos on Facebook/youtube are funny as...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rc-nN64OmeY?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rc-nN64OmeY?fs=1</a>
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40264 on: August 15, 2015, 07:58:49 pm »
Funny day that in town, why did Nazi's choose Liverpool for their March? Fucken madness.

Anyway never got out of Limey ended up locked in the left luggage, you couldn't make it up, coppers in massive numbers smuggling them out the back gate of Limey and right out of the city, they never even got to see the George's hall!

'White man March' my arse!

My missus is out in town today/tonight told her to be careful. She's just text that theres loads of Police still about.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40265 on: August 15, 2015, 08:31:44 pm »
My missus is out in town today/tonight told her to be careful. She's just text that theres loads of Police still about.

There will be, shoplifters will have had a ball today, every bizzie on Merseyside was in Limey

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40266 on: August 16, 2015, 11:32:53 am »

They must be totally thick, and know nothing about our gaff or it's history. Or they knew it all, and purposely choose Liverpool.

My head's like scrambled eggs nowadays. That's why I haven't been on, nothing much to say but have a moan. But besides all I learnt from the aul ones, I used to love reading about Liverpool. I wish I could just remember where I read some of the facts that I can remember. I remember reading one thing about Surnames in England. Allsorts of mad statistics. But the length and breath of the country, it was Smith and Jones and the likes, bar Liverpool. Mish mash of everything from everywhere. I can remember reading it. But I always thought it was perfectly normal to have mates called Macabee and the likes.

They try to rewrite history. But as we all know the place was built on immigration. Slavery, Famine, exodus to America, they landed on the Pier Head from everywhere. I think we were brought in on a pallete. But crossroads of the world, we're all immigrant mongrels of some sort.

Anyway, while I'm on here, I suppose I should say what's going on. I just hate to moan about it. Well, I don't. But it's a drag. I'm not even fully diagnosed yet. I still have to go for more tests. The main things are out the bag... HepC, Advanced Micronodular Cirhosis and manky blood like water. So, I'm always knackered but I can't sleep. It's weird. No wonder it baffles the doctors and takes so long to sort out.

The micronodular thing just means the lumps on my liver are small. Macro or Micro, makes no difference. Just means it's like me aul fella's porridge. Oh well, it is what is. And at least the doctors are on top of it now. I'm just waiting for them to have a meeting about the best way of treating me. That's another thing, each case is different. So there's no blanket treatment.

But the dirty bastard corporations that gave us it, have came up with a couple of new treatments. They're supposed to be the business. But they're charging the NHS 45 to 65k per treatment. And I could go on. I've found out some really shocking stuff. But the rub is... the guilty corporations are going to end up owning the NHS. It's a nasty dirty tangled web that stretches from the Whitehouse to Westminster. And if this TTIP thing goes through, well, that's that... kiss tara to the NHS.

Sorry to be such a cheerful chappy on a Sunday morning. But that's nothing to what I could have said.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40267 on: August 16, 2015, 12:43:59 pm »
Its things like this that mean I'll never move back to the UK.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40268 on: August 16, 2015, 12:48:20 pm »
Just clocked it Johno... Anniversary of Peterloo Massacre
http://www.peterloomassacre.org/news.html

PS: watching MOTD2, Charlie Adam is turning into Elvis Costello, but Elvis knows a bit more about football
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:53:27 pm by Fat Scouser »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40269 on: August 16, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »
Its things like this that mean I'll never move back to the UK.

I've never lived in the UK, never will.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40270 on: August 16, 2015, 07:43:00 pm »
:D

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40271 on: August 17, 2015, 06:52:09 am »
Just clocked it Johno... Anniversary of Peterloo Massacre
http://www.peterloomassacre.org/news.http

Hiya Leo mate. Hope they eventually get on top of this blood stuff lad. It's been a long battle.

About Peterloo, 35 years back I was well into my folk music and I wrote this song (if you can't sing it - 'cos you don't know the tune - then think of it as a poem) :P :P

In eighteen hundred and nineteen,
all on a sunny summer's day,
Henry Hunt led th'spinners o' Lancashire
That they might have their rightful say.

To Peter's Fields in Manchester
did come there many thousands strong
The working classes o' Lancashire
to hear Hunt tell how they'd been wronged.

The magistrates of Manchester
Unto those masses then did read
The Riot Act which ordered all
Depart this place with all due speed !

“Why nay” said they “for as Englishmen,
We seek but justice from the Crown.
We'll not disperse until our words
Are heeded and are written down.”

Those magistrates were most displeased
to have their orders disobeyed
So to the Yeomanry did instruct
Turn out your troop without delay.

On Peter's Fields then with sabres drawn
Did ride with horse and jackets red
That brave yeomanry flashing steel.
And in their wake lay eleven dead.

Henceforth to all the working class
To England’s sons good men and true
That fateful day in Manchester
Shall ere be known as Peterloo.

Important to remember that only 4 short years before, Wellington's allied armies had defeated Napoleon's Republican Army at Waterloo .
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:11:26 am by JohnnoWhite »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40272 on: August 17, 2015, 10:05:49 am »
Brilliant that Johno. Would have been good to sing that at the memorial yesterday.

I know a little about Peterloo and Wellington. What a prick he was. I can't remember all the guff they taught us at school about him. Obviously, they kept Peterloo dark. But loads of the people there where his men from Waterloo. Not unlike today, they were left on the streets with nothing when they got home from fighting for the Empire.

I can't remember but I think some of the murdered had been at Waterloo. Wellington hated them. And here's the truth of how he got the name Iron Sides... After Peterloo he had iron shutters fitted over the windows of his house because people kept lobbing bricks through them. And he spent the rest of his life hiding away from them. Not the quite the impression they gave us at school,eh.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40273 on: August 21, 2015, 12:01:05 am »
So I'm over in the UK next month,family visit etc, but I'll be in Liverpool for the Norwich game,be staying the night at WOOLTONIAN 's house. So if anyone fancies a beer or two PM me your mobile number.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40274 on: August 21, 2015, 03:34:13 pm »
Joe Strummer day

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #40275 on: August 24, 2015, 04:56:04 pm »
 BUMP

Are you all hibernating ??

Vic, Maggi, Flying pig, Dr Beaker ,  come out come out wherever you are  !!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:59:19 pm by flw »
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40276 on: August 24, 2015, 11:04:45 pm »
At a loss to know where everyone is!

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40277 on: August 24, 2015, 11:10:03 pm »
Don't really want to go over old ground but the thread should be moved back to where it really belongs ;)

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #40278 on: August 25, 2015, 10:20:14 am »
Don't really want to go over old ground but the thread should be moved back to where it really belongs ;)

You are 100% right Tony, I am still amazed that "Guess who I met in the Asda" is still in there, plus quite a lot of the stories are not about "Who I met in the Asda" This thread (The auld arse Thread) was put in the front page as a kind of memorial to a man who made us laugh, made us cry, and was a top class writer, I still miss him and I'm sure lots more people do too, Rest in Peace (if that's possible mate) you lovely man.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #40279 on: August 25, 2015, 02:03:18 pm »
Are you all hibernating ??
I blame it on apathy caused by the start of the football season.
The thing we used to anticipate for months is now just likely to provoke a moan-fest.
I'd hate to be back on the Main Board and get mixed up in all that malarkey.