Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1016407 times)

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2009, 09:51:47 am »
you know what. i know you are right. i just have this pathetic ego shit going thinking that ive lost if i need help. im a man. i should be able to do this on my own.  you know what i mean?

I see where you're coming from... but honestly you haven't "lost" at all. It takes more strength to admit you need help than it does to try to go it alone.
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2009, 11:13:32 am »
The day when you'll be rolling on your bed wishing to die rather than facing the agony is the day you'll end your affair with the poison.

The above lines do not make sense?.Let me add sense then.

Engineering College , friends b'day , tons of booze. Beer, Vodka , whiskey , white rum, gin , Cheap wine, Breezer you name it.

After having consumed god knows how much amount of all that stuff. I had a marathon vomiting session lasting two days.couldn't even keep any medicine down. Any kind of food would result in me throwing up in 2 mins. I have been to hell and back, Think about it:I couldn't even hold down WATER. Head felt like a seriously abused punching bag and riding in a supercharged ferris wheel all the time.

Pure hell. was the last time for me. Nowadays the only thing i drink is Breezer and  a glass or two max. Whenever i see whiskey,rum etc i feel like throwing up. Just imagine that..
why god, is it possible for me to cringe so much - from reading posts on the internet?

give your head a wobble, jesus
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2009, 11:58:26 am »
After having consumed god knows how much amount of all that stuff. I had a marathon vomiting session lasting two days.couldn't even keep any medicine down. Any kind of food would result in me throwing up in 2 mins. I have been to hell and back, Think about it:I couldn't even hold down WATER. Head felt like a seriously abused punching bag and riding in a supercharged ferris wheel all the time.

Pure hell. was the last time for me.

sounds like a standard weekend for me ;D
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2009, 01:21:47 pm »
yeah, agree with the other guy about asking for help

you have no idea how much help other people around you are getting for their own problems as its something no one ever talks about

one of the so called 'harder' people in this community talked about depression and a number of people here openly said they have also taken anti depressants at one time or another

its not such a big deal

its better to quietly accept help from one direction or another than it is to think your a hard nut and you can handle this on your own

which your trying your best at, but its a pretty big mountain to climb on your own

Offline Troglodyte

• Cave dwelling Sun reader. That'll be the target demographic nailed then.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2009, 04:56:42 pm »
Think what you want but thats exactly what i felt. I had been sick many times before that but this was different. I am unable to describe this in a way you'd understand.

Usually when y've had too much , you vomit two or three times , drink something like gatorade for the dehydration and just crash your bed and sleep.
But imagine this ,  the  inability to keep even WATER down.I tried a couple of tabs of Zantac to help the acidity but kept throwing up.

It reached a point where all i was throwing up was this bitter yellow fluid and dry heaves after that.
You might think i am exaggerating and I understand but you'll know when something similar happens to ya. :'(
And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2009, 05:00:54 pm »
and yeah , In retrospect i'd say it was not so bad at all because after this happened , I tried lord shiva's sacred weed AND that was the greatest thing to have happened to me in a while. Now i don' touch alcohol. Two hours of drunkenness is not worth the headache next day.

weed IS THE MAGICAL plant..amen 8)

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2009, 05:16:47 pm »
Think what you want but thats exactly what i felt. I had been sick many times before that but this was different. I am unable to describe this in a way you'd understand.

Usually when y've had too much , you vomit two or three times , drink something like gatorade for the dehydration and just crash your bed and sleep.
But imagine this ,  the  inability to keep even WATER down.I tried a couple of tabs of Zantac to help the acidity but kept throwing up.

It reached a point where all i was throwing up was this bitter yellow fluid and dry heaves after that.
You might think i am exaggerating and I understand but you'll know when something similar happens to ya. :'(

24 hour party person.

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2009, 05:33:06 pm »
24 hour party person.
aye, my idea of 'partying' is stay in my flat with my girl and a couple of assorted friends, passing the bong around in my dimly lit hall, Dark side of the moon on my Bose.

Fuck me , try listening to shine on you crazy diamond after you've had a few hits from the bong. Heaven , I tell ya...

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2009, 05:34:46 pm »
24 hour drama-queen homophophobic attention-whore

Agreed

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2009, 05:38:41 pm »
Agreed
I wish the same on ya , mr wise guy.I have put the evil eye on ya , just ya wait :P

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2009, 05:49:31 pm »

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2009, 08:08:59 pm »
24 hour party person.

Try wet behind the ears student type...
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2009, 09:56:52 pm »
i must admit, that isnt a big deal really. everyone has probably done that. not that im condoning it but to get that wankered and feel that bad is just the norm for those not used to it. and when your belly is empty then bile ( the yellow stuff ) is whats left. that and the lining of your stomach.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2009, 10:14:34 pm »
Hmm. In my experience the worst kind of nausea is triggered by beer which is no longer chilled due to being left out for some time. Plus the foam , uggh.

Pigging out after a booze session is another reason, especially if its oily/greasy. Some light snacks about an hour before the booze session is advisable.

also , mixing your drinks is a bad idea in my exp.If y're havin beer then stick to it. I have seen people taking large pegs ,60 ML of whiskey and mixing it with beer instead of soda :o

Another thing i've marked from my limited experience with booze is that smoking too many cigarettes consecutively while drinking makes your head spin.Its not pleasant , let me tell ya.

I can tolerate fever, headache , bronchitis , The shits , fractured limbs , any thing else you can think of. But Nausea /Vomittting is one thing that is absolutely hell for me, Its horrible, you try to close your eyes and lie down and the 10000 RPM of your brain triggers off..

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2009, 10:17:59 pm »
Hmm. In my experience the worst kind of nausea is triggered by beer which is no longer chilled due to being left out for some time. Plus the foam , uggh.

Pigging out after a booze session is another reason, especially if its oily/greasy. Some light snacks about an hour before the booze session is advisable.

also , mixing your drinks is a bad idea in my exp.If y're havin beer then stick to it. I have seen people taking large pegs ,60 ML of whiskey and mixing it with beer instead of soda :o

Another thing i've marked from my limited experience with booze is that smoking too many cigarettes consecutively while drinking makes your head spin.Its not pleasant , let me tell ya.

I can tolerate fever, headache , bronchitis , The shits , fractured limbs , any thing else you can think of. But Nausea /Vomittting is one thing that is absolutely hell for me, Its horrible, you try to close your eyes and lie down and the 10000 RPM of your brain triggers off..

Look, I don't want to appear rude but I'm an Irish man in his late thirties. It is unlikely you have anything to teach me about drinking and that would probably go for most other people on this thread, too.

Run along, now, the grown ups are talking.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #255 on: November 23, 2009, 10:19:26 pm »

But imagine this ,  the  inability to keep even WATER down.
:o even WATER!!!!

You're my hero.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Online Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #256 on: November 23, 2009, 10:20:12 pm »

fucking hell, the fella is talking about alcohol addiction, not a big sesh followed by a nasty hangover. get out of the thread before you embarrass yourself any more.

boo fucking hoo I did exactly that last weekend and still went out and got shitfaced this Saturday and I'll do the same next weekend.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2009, 10:20:46 pm »
no offence but methinks you may have slightly misunderstood the topic. its true that those things are not great. but with alcohol probs, mixing drinks is what you do to get to where u need to be. hangovers are either a way of life or non existent. you are more along the lines of a good piss up. try 150 units at least a week for a few years and you will inderstand lol. but thanks for your views. its different for everyone.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #258 on: November 23, 2009, 10:21:34 pm »
And to add to that , I love Mary Jane coz it makes you feel good in a ethereal dreamy sort of way, Never causes nausea , infact it COUNTERS nausea. It gives you a grand appetite which is good for me considering my weight-55-60 kilos fluctuating.
i have also noticed that booze makes people overly sensitive and aggressive.I've lost count of the no of times I've seen people seriously out to injure each other over some ridiculously trivial reason.

With weed , you are too fucked up to even go to the fridge to get water for your dehydrated tongue and throat , so fighting is out of the equation.. :D

Online Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #259 on: November 23, 2009, 10:22:15 pm »
And to add to that , I love Mary Jane coz it makes you feel good in a ethereal dreamy sort of way, Never causes nausea , infact it COUNTERS nausea. It gives you a grand appetite which is good for me considering my weight-55-60 kilos fluctuating.
i have also noticed that booze makes people overly sensitive and aggressive.I've lost count of the no of times I've seen people seriously out to injure each other over some ridiculously trivial reason.

With weed , you are too fucked up to even go to the fridge to get water for your dehydrated tongue and throat , so fighting is out of the equation.. :D

:butt

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #260 on: November 23, 2009, 10:23:42 pm »
Hey, Trog, what's the story with cigarettes? Good thing/Bad thing?

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #261 on: November 23, 2009, 10:25:38 pm »

Are you seriously 25?or just blind?
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #262 on: November 23, 2009, 10:28:22 pm »
You peeps are missing the point.I was not trying to 'teach' any one about alcohol. I was just narrating an anecdote ,stuff which happened to me. I was not advising any body. since it was a threa about booze , i just thought i'd share my exp.
may i know why the animosity?. Did i type  anything offensive or insulting?
My apologies for offending you all.Won't post anything else.
Have a nice day.

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #263 on: November 23, 2009, 10:45:41 pm »
The animosity? Let me guess...

You've given a sequence of entirely self-centred, and flippant, responses to a topic that is more serious and more important than you appear to have the ability to comprehend.

It is not a thread to announce your love of drugs nor is it somewhere to fawn over a hangover which made you a bit ill.

The discussion here is a discussion of alcoholism, mental health and finding solutions for those brave enough to seek a bit of help.

It might help if you read the thread from post one. Then you'll understand the hostility.
point taken and understood

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 23, 2009, 11:05:06 pm »
You peeps are missing the point.I was not trying to 'teach' any one about alcohol. I was just narrating an anecdote ,stuff which happened to me. I was not advising any body. since it was a threa about booze , i just thought i'd share my exp.
may i know why the animosity?. Did i type  anything offensive or insulting?
My apologies for offending you all.Won't post anything else.
Have a nice day.

its not just about booze. your views are more than welcome but read from the first page mate. it goes a lil bit deeper than a quick piss up. and dont stop posting , just remember to make sure you are on the same topic as us ;)

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #265 on: November 23, 2009, 11:16:48 pm »
its not just about booze. your views are more than welcome but read from the first page mate. it goes a lil bit deeper than a quick piss up. and dont stop posting , just remember to make sure you are on the same topic as us ;)

Thanks mate,cheers.I do realise now this is a serious topic to discuss an issue which many people face.My posts were in a lighter vein which is not appropriate for this thread, i can see it.
cheers. I am gonna crash now , serious need for some sleep
:D

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: November 23, 2009, 11:17:42 pm »
Hey, Trog, what's the story with cigarettes? Good thing/Bad thing?
very, very cool.

in all seriousness my dad is still struggling badly and i haven't a clue what to do, he has fell out with his local sister, the other sister lives 200miles down south and his dad is too old/weak to put the effort in to help an alcoholic

i feel its my duty (wrong word) to try and help him out and offer support, but everytime i see noticable improvement and he stays sober for a few days maybe a week, he will end up getting fucked again - my patience runs out and i get pissed off. I'm not a clued up medic i don't know what i am supposed to do to help

i haven't a clue what more he can do for himself now, detox/rehab centres seem to have become an in-effective waste of time, i fear this is him for life now and it hurts me more than it hurts him to be honest
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:21:59 pm by C »
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #267 on: November 23, 2009, 11:19:40 pm »
very, very cool.

No, they're bad. They just make you look cool.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #268 on: November 23, 2009, 11:25:57 pm »
:lmao
I can't believe this
I don't understand how my post was funny or unbelievable.  I was advising HF not to have a gun around, how is that funny?

HF, have you given any thought to joining a gym as some had suggested.  I'm hoping to join one next week, not because I'm on the drink but because I'm an obese mofo. :)
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2009, 11:53:31 pm »
well im on the ale again, and smashed, cant see it ending. i know i have a problem, fuck knows where to go from here.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: November 23, 2009, 11:54:08 pm »
i know i must be fucked up cos just friend requested my ex ex.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2009, 06:20:46 am »
well im on the ale again, and smashed, cant see it ending. i know i have a problem, fuck knows where to go from here.

Sorry if I've missed it in the thread (mainly been looking out for Harvest Fields) but have you been to the AA or the NHS?
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline 250505

• Main Stander
« Reply #272 on: November 24, 2009, 06:47:39 am »
Ok

Well i am a 19 yo who trains regularly at the gym, I have managed to put on 6kgs of lean muscle in the past 4 months, Now what i really want to know is, does getting pissed once or twice a week affect my muscle growth at all?

Online Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2009, 08:32:06 am »
Ok

Well i am a 19 yo who trains regularly at the gym, I have managed to put on 6kgs of lean muscle in the past 4 months, Now what i really want to know is, does getting pissed once or twice a week affect my muscle growth at all?

in here:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=61268.0

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2009, 06:28:58 pm »

???

*edit... seen later posts...obviously he hadn't read the thread from the opening post.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:33:37 pm by gerrardspetal »
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #275 on: November 24, 2009, 06:32:23 pm »
very, very cool.

in all seriousness my dad is still struggling badly and i haven't a clue what to do, he has fell out with his local sister, the other sister lives 200miles down south and his dad is too old/weak to put the effort in to help an alcoholic

i feel its my duty (wrong word) to try and help him out and offer support, but everytime i see noticable improvement and he stays sober for a few days maybe a week, he will end up getting fucked again - my patience runs out and i get pissed off. I'm not a clued up medic i don't know what i am supposed to do to help

i haven't a clue what more he can do for himself now, detox/rehab centres seem to have become an in-effective waste of time, i fear this is him for life now and it hurts me more than it hurts him to be honest

I think you have done all you can to be honest.  :( 
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: November 24, 2009, 11:44:14 pm »
Sorry if I've missed it in the thread (mainly been looking out for Harvest Fields) but have you been to the AA or the NHS?

no mate, but i'm smashed again. need help. losing everyone around me.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: November 24, 2009, 11:53:09 pm »
We're here mate. Even if everything else seems like it's falling apart.

I know it's not much, but we care mate.

mate i'm in serious depression. me ex bird is driving me to suicide. i know people here will say the usual man up thing but just found out she's with someone and drink is ther only answer and it makes me worse, the beak does no favours.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: November 25, 2009, 12:56:47 am »
thanks mate, i take it on board. to be honest id just fuck off abroad, luckily in financially well off but that means not seeing my little girl. your post was very helpful. i just don't know what to do.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: November 25, 2009, 05:44:56 am »
mate i'm in serious depression. me ex bird is driving me to suicide. i know people here will say the usual man up thing but just found out she's with someone and drink is ther only answer and it makes me worse, the beak does no favours.

Anyone who just tells you to man up and deal with it doesnt know what they are on about. You may feel like you are totally on your own and that its up to you to sort out your problems- thats not true at all. There are lots of places that you can get good help from, and as the previous poster said, there's only one decision that you have to make TRULY on your own: "Do I want to sort myself out?" - or as it said in the Shawshank Redemption, "Either get busy living or get busy dying".

If its any help at all you always have sympathetic ears in this thread, I know its not much but we are here looking out for you - don't feel like you haven't got anyone on your side.

Also I would agree with the previous poster, the earlier you can swerve the booze and beak the better, they may seem attractive at the time but in the long run they aren't your friends.

Good luck mate, stick with it.

ps just remembered you should check out http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?, even though its an Aussie site there is plenty of good helpful info on there about depression and what you can do to combat it.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 05:58:01 am by Rusty »