Author Topic: Curry Thread  (Read 66593 times)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Re: Curry Thread
« Reply #320 on: February 8, 2008, 10:19:03 pm »
alright I guess that opens up the second question  ;D -

much like a fine wine paired with an italian feast, what Lagers are you lot drinking with a good curry.  Something that obviously balances out the spices but still opens up the palate.

Personally I think a stella or carlsberg suits me just fine, but I'd throw in a Fosters occasionally as well.
The ideal to accompany curry is an IPA (Greene King is quite common in the supermarkets).  I also find Hoegaarden is heavenly with a curry.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #321 on: February 8, 2008, 11:09:57 pm »
Does anyone know any caloric values for the curry dishes in this thread.

They are all delicious obviously, but I've always wondered what the calorie/nutrional facts are in south asian food.

I think its a safe assumption that they're not ideal health food, but with the use of vegetables/spices and proteins they don't sound unhealthy either.

There are various ways of preparing a curry.  I previously made them with Gee (clarified butter) but now use very little oil or butter and I have now convinced myself that it is quite a healthy meal, there is one now sitting in the oven which was made this evening, it is slowly fermenting for tomorrow night  :lickin.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #322 on: February 9, 2008, 12:55:44 am »
Chicken madras, keema rice, garlic naan. Heaven

Apart from the garlic nan, that sounds gorgeous. I tend to go for just a pilau with my chicken madras, out of fear that the keema rice would take away from the madras.

Tomorrow night is curry night. Chicken Madras, Pilau Rice, Keema nan and perhaps even some chips if I'm feeling gluttonous. Can't wait.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: February 9, 2008, 01:30:08 am »
just ordered some of those rafi's curry pack things you's were talkin about cause i can't cook ....are they decent ? they look nice in the pics.....
Indeed...

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #324 on: February 9, 2008, 07:58:30 am »
just ordered some of those rafi's curry pack things you's were talkin about cause i can't cook ....are they decent ? they look nice in the pics.....

Can't fail mate, even Evo can do them, saying that he'd eat anything!  Enjoy.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 9, 2008, 08:12:08 am »
Vindaloo, or a Madras for me. Love em. I'm yet to try a Phall yet, will do soon though.
Nah.

Offline worthers

• originals
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: February 9, 2008, 08:12:50 pm »
Just had a fingerlicking Lamb vindaloo. I'm getting a bit worried cos it wasn't hot enough and i'm too wimpish to try a phall. Can anyone tell me if theres a big difference between the two?
"We can not walk alone" Martin Luther King 1963

In nine years, Paisley won three European Cups, a Uefa Cup, six League titles and three League Cups. He won three European Cups in nine years, while Mr Ferguson has managed two in 24.

Offline Red345

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #327 on: February 9, 2008, 08:19:40 pm »
got my mum's home cooking to look forward to tonight.

shes got some paneer tikka masala, a vegetable biryiani, and a vegetable jalfrezi on the menu.

me cousin and i are contributing a case of heineken to the meal.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #328 on: February 9, 2008, 09:52:30 pm »
can anyone recommend a nice prawn type curry recipe?

please

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2008, 06:20:01 am »
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #331 on: March 3, 2008, 05:39:18 pm »
Anyone here ever try Phall? Its Indian. Its supposed to be hotter than Vindaloo. Im dying to try 1 but the Indian restaurant near my gaff dont have it on their menu. I want to know if its a real arse burner or not
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #332 on: March 3, 2008, 05:51:49 pm »
I fuckin love curry.

I can barely go a week without a curry. My local's closing down for a refit for a month. A month! I've never gone a month without a curry since that first taste of a chicken bhuna, aged 18. And my local is the best Indian i've ever eaten, outside India anyway.

I fucking love you curry
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #333 on: March 3, 2008, 05:58:37 pm »
And my local is the best Indian i've ever eaten, outside India anyway.

I fucking love you curry

Do they have phall on the menu?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #334 on: March 3, 2008, 06:01:30 pm »
Do they have phall on the menu?

No, tends to be an under the counter curry that. I've had two in my life and will never have a third. They were unbelievably tasty, but the first i ate hot, the second i ate stone cold, and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. Nearly took the lining off my throat.

Probably about 30-40% hotter than a vindaloony

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #335 on: March 3, 2008, 06:03:43 pm »
No, tends to be an under the counter curry that. I've had two in my life and will never have a third. They were unbelievably tasty, but the first i ate hot, the second i ate stone cold, and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. Nearly took the lining off my throat.

Probably about 30-40% hotter than a vindaloony

Now thats what i call a curry! Id fucking love to try it. Vindaloo's dont do it for me anymore. I need to move on to the hard stuff.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 3, 2008, 06:06:15 pm »
Anyone here ever try Phall? Its Indian. Its supposed to be hotter than Vindaloo. Im dying to try 1 but the Indian restaurant near my gaff dont have it on their menu. I want to know if its a real arse burner or not

Ask them to make one for you.

Or ask for a Chicken Chilli Massala - hotter than Vindaloo but less powdery than Phaal, apparently. Couldn't tell you first-hand since my spice tolerance is a fair bit lower than that ;)

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #337 on: March 3, 2008, 06:08:56 pm »
Now thats what i call a curry! Id fucking love to try it. Vindaloo's dont do it for me anymore. I need to move on to the hard stuff.

Ask for it, they'll probably cook you one, but they will have you down as a bit of a lad, so they might be tempted to really fire it up and have one at your expense.

Tip: before you go to bed, put a bog roll in the fridge. And ask for a side dish of yogurt - it's the best way of cooling your mouth if it catches fire

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: March 3, 2008, 06:24:50 pm »
I am still not a fan of getting food from a indian restaurant... went to one in leicester a couple of months back... not a patch on the real stuff

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #339 on: March 3, 2008, 06:37:56 pm »
Curry's are class. Rogan Josh's are amazin.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #340 on: March 3, 2008, 06:56:05 pm »
Ask them to make one for you.

Or ask for a Chicken Chilli Massala - hotter than Vindaloo but less powdery than Phaal, apparently. Couldn't tell you first-hand since my spice tolerance is a fair bit lower than that ;)

Ha ha, you big wuss :wave

Tip: before you go to bed, put a bog roll in the fridge. And ask for a side dish of yogurt - it's the best way of cooling your mouth if it catches fire

I'll bear that in mind lad cheers

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: March 3, 2008, 07:55:01 pm »
Homemade curry I can just about eat. Curry from takeaways and all are sick.
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #342 on: March 3, 2008, 08:02:43 pm »
Homemade curry I can just about eat. Curry from takeaways and all are sick.

try Rafi's mate, you wont look back, the link is on the first page I think. Just add a tin of toms, 300 mil of water and stir, your missus will think she's shagging Indias Jamie Oliver

Offline GlentoranMark

• Gin thief.... watch it or it’s gone and the real 'Nasty Pastie' to boot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #343 on: March 3, 2008, 08:29:05 pm »
try Rafi's mate, you wont look back, the link is on the first page I think. Just add a tin of toms, 300 mil of water and stir, your missus will think she's shagging Indias Jamie Oliver

Im going to order myself a few of those, are they that good really?
S*******s Is A 'Nasty Pastie'

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #344 on: March 3, 2008, 08:32:52 pm »
Im going to order myself a few of those, are they that good really?

Dog's bollocks mate, I used to really enjoy blending my own spices and making various curries now I'm a slave to Rafi.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #345 on: March 4, 2008, 07:15:30 am »
Never, ever seen a "Phal" in this part of the world - India that is.  Another Brum invention.

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #346 on: March 4, 2008, 08:16:19 am »
Never, ever seen a "Phal" in this part of the world - India that is.  Another Brum invention.

What do Spaniards know about curries anyway  ::)

Offline leighton

• adopter of peasants, spelling mistakes are the iPads fault - obviously.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter @smee05
« Reply #347 on: March 4, 2008, 08:17:04 am »
lamb laal maas lastnight, spicy!
Everton fc, the slogans club. More slogans than trophies - now available in pink.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: March 4, 2008, 08:07:13 pm »
Ha ha, you big wuss :wave

Not of the Korma-only variety, I hasten to add! But yeah, I have a definite upper limit on my chilli-ometer.

Clearly I need to go to India. For at least 6 months. It's the only solution. I wonder if work will pay me to.

:wave

Offline scottishkop

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #349 on: March 4, 2008, 08:14:32 pm »
Lamb methi is boss.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: March 4, 2008, 09:02:27 pm »
Homemade curry I can just about eat.

Really.... How come?

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: March 4, 2008, 09:03:39 pm »
Really.... How come?

'Cause my mummy cooks it and mum's food is usually nice! :P

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #352 on: March 4, 2008, 09:06:10 pm »

said it once and I'll say it again; you can't beat a proper British Indian, non-of that foreign rubbish.  :D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: March 4, 2008, 09:09:56 pm »
'Cause my mummy cooks it and mum's food is usually nice! :P

lol you said you can just about it eat, i was thinking it was you that can't cook very well ;D

I don't know why people go indian restaurants to be honest, if I had 1 it would be streets ahead of the sweet, over the top crap they serve in many a place :)

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: March 4, 2008, 09:15:43 pm »
lol you said you can just about it eat, i was thinking it was you that can't cook very well ;D

I don't know why people go Indian restaurants to be honest, if I had 1 it would be streets ahead of the sweet, over the top crap they serve in many a place :)

The food in Indian restaurants is sick. Waaaay oily and fatty then homemade Indian food. I'm not a big fan of it anyway. :-\

And you're right. I can't cook to save my life.  :-[

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: March 4, 2008, 09:19:06 pm »
The food in Indian restaurants is sick. Waaaay oily and fatty then homemade Indian food. I'm not a big fan of it anyway. :-\

And you're right. I can't cook to save my life.  :-[

Exactly, I can't see why people eat it like its best thing, when you can have fish & chips or summat ;D

You don't like asian food in general? Lol you can cook, whether you can cook food that you like is a different thing.....

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: March 4, 2008, 09:29:12 pm »
Exactly, I can't see why people eat it like its best thing, when you can have fish & chips or summat ;D

You don't like asian food in general? Lol you can cook, whether you can cook food that you like is a different thing.....

I'm picky from where I eat fish and chips as well.

Nope don't like Asian food in general, give me pasta any day!! :)

And I can't eat the food I cook, everytime I try to cook something always goes wrong and it puts me off cooking. I can bake though. :D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: March 4, 2008, 09:43:45 pm »
I'm picky from where I eat fish and chips as well.

Nope don't like Asian food in general, give me pasta any day!! :)

And I can't eat the food I cook, everytime I try to cook something always goes wrong and it puts me off cooking. I can bake though. :D

Battered chips..... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Yeah i be careful where i buy takeaway food from in general.

Pasta is good.... mum makes it bit too hot the sauce sometimes though lol.

Surely you should be making daal etc by now, its like girl scouts and you get a badge for it for your marriage cv lol ;)

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: March 4, 2008, 09:51:39 pm »

Surely you should be making daal etc by now, its like girl scouts and you get a badge for it for your marriage cv lol ;)

:lmao :lmao I don't need a marriage cv so it's ok!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: March 4, 2008, 10:10:08 pm »
:lmao :lmao I don't need a marriage cv so it's ok!

I thought it was funny when i typed it...... :P Why don't you....? You're already engaged etc or your lesbian.... :lickin ;)

I really think i should open a place with authentic indian food....