Author Topic: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted  (Read 387450 times)

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted
« Reply #7000 on: May 8, 2024, 12:22:51 am »
I have no opinion on MSNBC but agree with oldfordie on the seriousness of Trump's crimes. The only thing saving America from catastrophe was the laziness and ineptitude of Trump's plan, but the intent was extreme, and if America decides to walk past it then they've created an awful president (that was an auto correct of "precedent" but I'm leaving it in! )

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7001 on: May 8, 2024, 07:58:54 am »
Are there trials lined up for his part in the failed insurrection?
Or is it 'enough' to keep him out of the Whitehouse. Not the punishment he deserves, but absolutely the minimum requirement.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7002 on: May 8, 2024, 08:27:16 am »
Is this the ‘Celebrity and Prostitute Blow Football Competition’ thread?

I only want to know so I can make a donation to the ‘Homeless Ponies’ charity.

Thank you.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7003 on: May 8, 2024, 10:09:53 am »
Are there trials lined up for his part in the failed insurrection?
Or is it 'enough' to keep him out of the Whitehouse. Not the punishment he deserves, but absolutely the minimum requirement.

Lined up, but looking likely to be pushed back until after the election. So they may never happen.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #7004 on: May 8, 2024, 10:52:05 am »
Only point I can agree with is Kirschner. Maddows is superb, articulate bringing together old evidence and new evidence to give the full picture to prove why Trump is corrupt as well as a dangerous traitor. she has a superb memory, imo one of the best around, it's easy to comment on new evidence, remembering old evidence that's also relevant to the point she is making puts her in a different class to most political commentators.

If Maddows floats your boat then rock on mate. Who you watch, what you consume, and the conclusions you draw are entirely your own prerogative. All I'd offer in way of response is: not all of us see American media in the same light. What may appear as an articulate presentation of the evidence to you, may appear as rehashed hyper-obsessive diatribe to others.

Am not shocked at your opinions as there are many people around the world who can't see very dangerous psychopathic narcissistic fascists for what they are, sad would be a better word, you think Trumps offences aren't that serious.?

Did you by chance read the end of my post where I pointed to the erosion of middle-ground? And how frenzied people have become when discussing all matters relating to Trump? Do you not see how the bollox you've just posted kind of proves my point? I literally said Trump is an unscrupulous criminal who's guilty of breaking the law. I even underscored it with a disclaimer confirming my dislike for the guy

Yet amazingly, you managed to overlook all of that, and just launched into a rant accusing me of not being able to see Trump for what he is? And that I'm "sad" for thinking Trumps offences aren't that serious? Sorry mate, but get fucked with that. I know what Trump is and the dangers he poses to democracy. I've said so in this very thread (and others) numerous fucking times. I don't need you or Maddows to explain it to me ad nauseam

The point I was making, before you got all trigger happy, is that the hyper-obsessive style of Maddows/O'Donnell/Kirschner et al is just as damaging to public discourse as the bollox that comes from the right. As evidenced by the fact that we're having this very fucking conversation. Now do you get it?

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7005 on: May 8, 2024, 11:14:38 am »
The point I was making, before you got all trigger happy, is that the hyper-obsessive style of Maddows/O'Donnell/Kirschner et al is just as damaging to public discourse as the bollox that comes from the right. As evidenced by the fact that we're having this very fucking conversation. Now do you get it?

This from John Stewart the other week nails it.

John Stewart did a really good piece on the media hype around such basic trial. He make some really valid points especially if Trump gets off.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zqkf2U5jcE0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zqkf2U5jcE0</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7006 on: May 8, 2024, 12:59:04 pm »
If Maddows floats your boat then rock on mate. Who you watch, what you consume, and the conclusions you draw are entirely your own prerogative. All I'd offer in way of response is: not all of us see American media in the same light. What may appear as an articulate presentation of the evidence to you, may appear as rehashed hyper-obsessive diatribe to others.

Did you by chance read the end of my post where I pointed to the erosion of middle-ground? And how frenzied people have become when discussing all matters relating to Trump? Do you not see how the bollox you've just posted kind of proves my point? I literally said Trump is an unscrupulous criminal who's guilty of breaking the law. I even underscored it with a disclaimer confirming my dislike for the guy

Yet amazingly, you managed to overlook all of that, and just launched into a rant accusing me of not being able to see Trump for what he is? And that I'm "sad" for thinking Trumps offences aren't that serious? Sorry mate, but get fucked with that. I know what Trump is and the dangers he poses to democracy. I've said so in this very thread (and others) numerous fucking times. I don't need you or Maddows to explain it to me ad nauseam

No, I don't believe the opinions of the likes of Maddows are just as damaging as the opinions on the right, who exactly do you mean on the right,  Tucker Carlson & co, What a absolute load of boll.. ,  the problem with Trump supporters and the people who ignore the severity of just how dangerous the man is is they fob off the evidence and dismiss it with all sorts of silly logic, ohh take no notice of the US political commentators, they are all the same, they are just trying to whip you up into a frenzy,  f.. me. so all the political commentators are the same now, that's a new one to add to the list.

The far right political commentators are winding up the gullible with lies and propaganda, Maddows etc are defending democracy with facts and evidence, the far right supporters don't want to debate, they don't want to defend their opinions, they want to force their opinions on the rest of the country. that's the reason Public discourse is so bitter, it's down to the likes of Trump and Fox etc.
The country should not be in the position it is in now, the people standing up to the charlatans by exposing them with evidence and facts deserve credit not smears to dismiss anything they say without any consideration.

I commented on your summing up of Trump, you said his crimes aren't nearly as serious as Maddows etc have us believe, no I never read all your past posts stating Trump is a danger to democracy,  I commented on your opinion that his crimes aren't that serious and how you view him as unscrupulous rather than a narcissistic psycho who should be nowhere near power. if you previously said he was a danger to democracy then you contradicted yourself with those words.
There are too many CTs today, too many flawed silly arguments made to lead people away from what's important. it's all led to flawed opinions that always help Charlatans like Trump & co.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2024, 01:01:47 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7007 on: May 8, 2024, 03:26:01 pm »

I totally get what you're saying about the media hype machine Billy. People's bullshit detectors get thrown out the window when they're reading something that aligns with their worldview. I see it all the time on here

I fell for the hysteria for the first two years of the Trump presidency at least, maybe more. Every morning I'd wake up and look at r/politics on reddit for the latest horrors of what Trump and his admin were doing, and the dramatic "this is is, we've finally got him" proclamations. At one point I realised I was just reading the same shit over and over, getting my little dopamine hits. Remember those Seth Abramson tweet storms haha, what's that guy up to now?

That Jon Stewart clip is top notch, give it a watch

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7008 on: May 8, 2024, 04:51:26 pm »
It reminds me of what Len McCluskey said about the Remain Lobby to belittle the opinions of remain supporters. McCluskey "The Remain Lobby made the Brexit debate toxic."   yeah sure, we were all d/heads who let ourselves be influenced by political commentators out to wind us up. realty was nothing could be further from than the truth, remain supporters based their opinions on facts and evidence not wind ups by politicians, similar situation argued now, we all let ourselves be wound up by political commentators, evidence and facts never played a part in forming our opinions on Trump, reality is like Brexit the far right Trumpers made the debate on Trumps guilt toxic and like Brexit there was nothing much we could do about it when people hold flawed opinions to dismiss their arguments and evidence.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7009 on: May 8, 2024, 04:59:56 pm »
I totally get what you're saying about the media hype machine Billy. People's bullshit detectors get thrown out the window when they're reading something that aligns with their worldview. I see it all the time on here

I fell for the hysteria for the first two years of the Trump presidency at least, maybe more. Every morning I'd wake up and look at r/politics on reddit for the latest horrors of what Trump and his admin were doing, and the dramatic "this is is, we've finally got him" proclamations. At one point I realised I was just reading the same shit over and over, getting my little dopamine hits. Remember those Seth Abramson tweet storms haha, what's that guy up to now?

I think you & I shared the hope of multiple convictions mate.
I don't think all those people were wrong though, it's just that only a small % of what he did was followed up and that % is taking years.
There are a number reasons why he didn't face more or widespread punishment.
Some of it was because he made sure his base petrified his Republican party, some of it was because he was genuinely lucky as he has been throughout his life and some of it was because he did too much for it all to be followed up. They are so numerous I think the judicial system was shell-shocked.
I'm sure it's been written elsewhere better than how I can portray the failure of the authorities to act on those moments you (and I) absorbed.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7010 on: May 8, 2024, 05:46:41 pm »
It reminds me of what Len McCluskey said about the Remain Lobby to belittle the opinions of remain supporters. McCluskey "The Remain Lobby made the Brexit debate toxic."   yeah sure, we were all d/heads who let ourselves be influenced by political commentators out to wind us up. realty was nothing could be further from than the truth, remain supporters based their opinions on facts and evidence not wind ups by politicians, similar situation argued now, we all let ourselves be wound up by political commentators, evidence and facts never played a part in forming our opinions on Trump, reality is like Brexit the far right Trumpers made the debate on Trumps guilt toxic and like Brexit there was nothing much we could do about it when people hold flawed opinions to dismiss their arguments and evidence.

I see your point there. My point is, with Trump, just report the facts - they are damning enough.

The media learned very quickly that Trump generates clicks, and Trump outrage generates loads of clicks. A perfect example of what I'm thinking of happened just a few weeks ago. I get pretty much all my news from the BBC and NYT at the moment. On both sites I see a headline along the lines of 'Trump warns of bloodshed if he is not elected' - outrageous right, given what happened on Jan 6? Then I watched the 30 second clip and he was talking about how the US auto industry would be obliterated by China, he would save it by imposing 100% tariffs on Chinese car imports, but if he wasn't elected there would be a bloodbath for the American auto industry. That's standard political bluster. But these two media stalwarts reported it in this shocking, attention grabbing way that completely distorted the reality of what was said.

I don't need anyone to over egg the pudding and try to rile me up, just report the facts and soon enough he will say something outrageous, I don't need anything manufactured.

We all mock the right wing for getting up in arms about false controversies but how many of you are getting suckered in yourselves?

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7011 on: May 8, 2024, 06:42:18 pm »
I see your point there. My point is, with Trump, just report the facts - they are damning enough.

The media learned very quickly that Trump generates clicks, and Trump outrage generates loads of clicks. A perfect example of what I'm thinking of happened just a few weeks ago. I get pretty much all my news from the BBC and NYT at the moment. On both sites I see a headline along the lines of 'Trump warns of bloodshed if he is not elected' - outrageous right, given what happened on Jan 6? Then I watched the 30 second clip and he was talking about how the US auto industry would be obliterated by China, he would save it by imposing 100% tariffs on Chinese car imports, but if he wasn't elected there would be a bloodbath for the American auto industry. That's standard political bluster. But these two media stalwarts reported it in this shocking, attention grabbing way that completely distorted the reality of what was said.

I don't need anyone to over egg the pudding and try to rile me up, just report the facts and soon enough he will say something outrageous, I don't need anything manufactured.

We all mock the right wing for getting up in arms about false controversies but how many of you are getting suckered in yourselves?
I agree, there are people who use incitement to cash in, they are easy enough to spot, making outrageous claims to get noticed.  that's why they should be ignored,  this doesn't just apply to Trump and the right. people from all sides try to make money from it  it's also in UK politics so these points aren't lost on me and most on here.
I think the majority of people on here thought Trump would never be prosecuted, the only reason I thought it might happen is down to my own opinion of there being the will to prosecute.  point is I don't think people did come away from watching a Kirtchner videos thinking we've got him now. he's really slipped up this time. they watched because they are interested in how things develop.
I stopped following him because I didnt find it interesting, he just went into the legal stuff to much for me.  lets face it the small stuff is nothing compared to the criminal charges that will really do the damage.
There were also a few who ridiculed Trump and his sycophant ally's with humour, I enjoyed their videos and took them for what they were, ridicule to make a point, excellent weapon when fighting the charlatans.
The likes of Maddows and a few others opinions I valued, they were all based on evidence and fact not meaningless rhetoric to lead you away from what's important. quite the opposite, they homed in on what's important.
As I say there were some who used the political climate to try and cash in, ive got no stats to back this up but I guarantee the vast majority of these people try to cash in from the gullible Trump/ republican supporters, the majority of people who follow the political situation in the US who oppose Trump do so because they judge him on evidence and facts, anyone trying to wind them up with just rhetoric will find it much harder, it's the reason I brought the Brexit comparison up, people could say the same about remain supporters, McCluskey tried it and I will always remember him for it, one of the most disgusting accusations made during the Brexit campaign,

« Last Edit: May 8, 2024, 06:46:32 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7012 on: May 8, 2024, 07:05:57 pm »

That Jon Stewart clip is top notch, give it a watch

The fact Trump hasn't faced any real repercussions for his action so far isn't a genuine reason to belittle the seriousness of his crimes.

So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7013 on: May 8, 2024, 07:46:50 pm »
The fact Trump hasn't faced any real repercussions for his action so far isn't a genuine reason to belittle the seriousness of his crimes.

The main reason he hasn't found any real repercussions is time.  It takes *forever* for big, complex cases to make it to, and through trial.  Even then, judges have near limitless power to delay and obfuscate trial proceedings - just look at Cannon down in Florida.  Been stalling it since August last year (when the Grand Jury that was impanelled rendered their judgements), then yesterday she came out and instead of just adding another couple months, declared the trial start delayed *indefinitely* due to the "complexity" of the issues (most of which aren't complex, and were caused by her bending over backwards to agree to anything Trump asked).

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7014 on: May 8, 2024, 08:11:56 pm »
Doesn't help that Merrick Garland is spineless and waited two whole fucking years before appointing Jack Smith. Biggest mistake Biden ever made appointing him and I hope it's the first thing he fixes after the election.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigR2323

• Main Stander
« Reply #7015 on: May 8, 2024, 09:12:38 pm »
Is this the ‘Celebrity and Prostitute Blow Football Competition’ thread?

I only want to know so I can make a donation to the ‘Homeless Ponies’ charity.

Thank you.

I got it  :wave ;D ;D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7016 on: May 8, 2024, 10:41:46 pm »
Will be interesting to see the interactions between MTG & Trump seeing as she's pushing ahead to ouster Speaker Johnson.

Love seeing this shitshow eat it's own.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #7017 on: May 9, 2024, 03:39:45 pm »
NECHELES: “Even though you had agreed that you would not discuss this supposed story and you had received a lot of money for that agreement, you then decided that you wanted to publicly say that you had sex with Donald Trump.”

DANIELS: “No, nobody would ever want to publicly say that”.

_________

Asked about merchandising from the former president's criminal proceedings, Daniels quips: "Not unlike Mr. Trump," to muted laughter in the court.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #7018 on: May 9, 2024, 04:25:05 pm »
NECHELES: “Even though you had agreed that you would not discuss this supposed story and you had received a lot of money for that agreement, you then decided that you wanted to publicly say that you had sex with Donald Trump.”

DANIELS: “No, nobody would ever want to publicly say that”.

_________

Asked about merchandising from the former president's criminal proceedings, Daniels quips: "Not unlike Mr. Trump," to muted laughter in the court.

She is absolutely the sharpest thorn in his side, and I love it.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7019 on: May 9, 2024, 05:00:50 pm »
What is he actually being tried for here?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7020 on: May 9, 2024, 05:10:11 pm »
What is he actually being tried for here?
paying her off to stay silent, and using company funds / political donation money (can't recall which) to refund the money to Cohen - who actually paid her the cash.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7021 on: May 9, 2024, 05:14:36 pm »
OK. So possibly two different verdicts.

What sort ofaw is the hush money one? Isn't that essentially an extension of a non disclosure agreement?
Or is it specifically because her story could have affected the election. In which case it's a very obscure piece of legoslation
Apologies for sounding confrontational, just curious.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #7022 on: May 9, 2024, 05:17:29 pm »
paying her off to stay silent, and using company funds / political donation money (can't recall which) to refund the money to Cohen - who actually paid her the cash.

It's not about paying her hush money, which is not against the law. It's because he falsified business accounts to come up with the money to pay her.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7023 on: May 9, 2024, 05:25:37 pm »
It's not about paying her hush money, which is not against the law. It's because he falsified business accounts to come up with the money to pay her.
which is basically what I said.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7024 on: May 9, 2024, 05:32:11 pm »
She is absolutely the sharpest thorn in his side, and I love it.
When all this came out, in what, 2015/16, I heard her give a couple of short press conferences. To be frank - I was not expecting to like her. But she was instantly impressive and likable.

A couple of days ago, I heard on MSNBC that she had won a full scholarship to veterinary school. But took a year out to save up some money via exotic dancing before starting (she comes from a very deprived background). She got waylaid (good money from the dancing, I think), and never made it to vet school. It did not much surprise me that had won a full scholarship. As you say, she is 'sharp'. I am reluctant to write this, but a rather wasted life.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2024, 07:09:02 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7025 on: May 9, 2024, 06:06:07 pm »
Someone on YT, might have been Farron Cousins, recently said that if Garland was on the ball, Trump would be up on federal charges for election fraud/interference over the hush money case, rather than state charges for business fraud for falsifying the payment. Everybody is scared of this guy.  :butt

Popcorn's Art

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #7026 on: May 9, 2024, 06:53:57 pm »
which is basically what I said.

The thing is, so many people think it's because he paid her hush money. Even the media are referring to it as the hush money trial, which leads people to thinking paying her was against the law.
Oh, these sour times.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7027 on: May 9, 2024, 08:25:51 pm »
And fyi MSNBC is brilliant. They have some of the best presenters - Melber; O'Donnell; Hayes; Maddow; plus morning Joe.
Glen Kirschner is an extremely experienced prosecutor. I understand he can be over exuberant on his desires to indite Trump but he is very interesting.
It's remiss of me not to mention Joy Reid also, she's great :)

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7028 on: May 9, 2024, 08:42:06 pm »
The thing is, so many people think it's because he paid her hush money. Even the media are referring to it as the hush money trial, which leads people to thinking paying her was against the law.

Ah got ya.  Thanks to you and SamLad.
Basically using company and or / campaign funds for personal gain.  Essentially theft.

It's just incidental he had to steal from his own company to buy her disgression.

Bloody complicated!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7029 on: May 9, 2024, 09:18:54 pm »
O'Donnell can be insufferable.* Maddow has returned to her say everything three times in a different way for effect shtick.** Morning Joe is generally very good, with many good guests. And Chris Hayes is quite brilliant - an all-round excellent presenter.

* O'Donnell is still miles ahead of most presenters at CNN, for example.
** Maddow switched way from this shtick during the Trump presidency (maybe because there was too much to get through). But she returned to it since then. I end up just shouting at the screen for her to 'get on with it!' :) Away from The Rachel Maddow Show, she's excellent too.

Rachel Maddow is an excellent investigative journalist, but yeah, she tends to mansplain everything to her audience and it's fucking tedious. But away from her newsdesk she comes across as an excellent person and very likeable.

Popcorn's Art

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #7030 on: May 9, 2024, 10:32:21 pm »
Rachel Maddow is an excellent investigative journalist, but yeah, she tends to mansplain everything to her audience and it's fucking tedious. But away from her newsdesk she comes across as an excellent person and very likeable.

I give Maddow a pass on the tediousness if only because I think we underestimate just how stupid people are, and that includes those on the left (who are likely the largest group watching her). I mean, I know those of us on RAWK don't need things explained repeatedly or on the atomic level, but my god, there are a LOT of people who need their hand held.
Oh, these sour times.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7031 on: May 9, 2024, 10:44:08 pm »
Can a person called Rachel mansplain?

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7032 on: May 9, 2024, 11:35:00 pm »

It's a typo, he meant msnsplain

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7033 on: May 10, 2024, 07:39:40 am »
Transplain?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7034 on: May 10, 2024, 08:14:28 am »

It was the easiest word to pick from when a commentator is catering to the perceived lowest common denominator of their audience's intelligence. Personally, I think her presentation style would bore the stupid and infuriate the intelligent, but like I said, she's also a wonderful human being so I generally give her a pass.

I give Maddow a pass on the tediousness if only because I think we underestimate just how stupid people are, and that includes those on the left (who are likely the largest group watching her). I mean, I know those of us on RAWK don't need things explained repeatedly or on the atomic level, but my god, there are a LOT of people who need their hand held.

^^^

Popcorn's Art

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7035 on: May 10, 2024, 03:36:15 pm »
Stephanie Rhule not getting a mention? She's my pick of of the MSNBC politics squad  ;)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7036 on: May 10, 2024, 04:27:56 pm »
Stephanie Rhule not getting a mention? She's my pick of of the MSNBC politics squad  ;)
Is it her grip on finances which appeals to you?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7037 on: May 10, 2024, 05:09:26 pm »
Is it her grip on finances which appeals to you?

Of course!

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7038 on: May 10, 2024, 05:40:32 pm »
I'm just hoping. That one morning, I pick up my phone and see on my 'new replies' page, that this thread title is updated to 'Sexual Abuser Donald Trump - Jailed'

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7039 on: May 10, 2024, 05:44:41 pm »
I'm just hoping. That one morning, I pick up my phone and see on my 'new replies' page, that this thread title is updated to 'Sexual Abuser Donald Trump - Jailed'
I'd prefer: 'Sexual Abuser Donald Trump - Killed by Lightning Bolt while Golfing"