Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 14th/15th/16th September  (Read 78364 times)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League fixtures 14th/15th/16th September
« Reply #600 on: September 14, 2013, 04:03:37 pm »
Bored of the Ozil mania already. Hes only played a half against a crap team.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #601 on: September 14, 2013, 04:03:50 pm »
Fucking hate the word "squad" "players:" etc now.

If the league is decided all by which team has the best squad, or best players...why bother with managers and tactics ??!! Surely they become pointless if the so called "squad" or "team" is weaker than others on paper.

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: September 14, 2013, 04:04:08 pm »
We weren't top of the league after 3 games under Kenny.

The Mancs club both won their first 5 games that season.

We were league leaders overnight then.

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: September 14, 2013, 04:05:02 pm »
Fucking hate the word "squad" "players:" etc now.

If the league is decided all by which team has the best squad, or best players...why bother with managers and tactics ??!! Surely they become pointless if the so called "squad" or "team" is weaker than others on paper.

So you're saying the players at the manager's disposal don't have a part to play in where teams finish?

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: September 14, 2013, 04:05:27 pm »
I don't think there's anything wrong with being jealous of the squads of other teams - it doesn't mean you want to swap with them, but you can't help but look at Spurs line-up and think "I'd have a bit of that", they've got some great players, as do the rest of the 5 teams we're competing against.
Fortunately, football isn't won on paper, and things like how well the team gels, how much they're willing to fight and their determination all play a huge part in the actual results.

We have that this year, based on the evidence so far - do Spurs?

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: September 14, 2013, 04:05:52 pm »
Anyhoo, hope Borini comes on for Sunderland and grabs the equalizer. Don't know why he isn't playing ahead of Altidore who is awful.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #606 on: September 14, 2013, 04:06:08 pm »
Penooo!

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: September 14, 2013, 04:06:19 pm »
pelanty sunderland!!!!!!

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #608 on: September 14, 2013, 04:06:19 pm »
Koscielny giving away a penalty yet again. What a shitty start of the season he is having.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #609 on: September 14, 2013, 04:06:27 pm »
Tottenham go 2 up but Sunderland equalize.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: September 14, 2013, 04:06:29 pm »
Sunderland 1 Arsenal 1 ;D

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: September 14, 2013, 04:06:40 pm »
Season over, Spurs have scored again  :'(

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: September 14, 2013, 04:06:52 pm »
Gardner. Haha.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: September 14, 2013, 04:06:52 pm »
Scores from the spot! Nice one :)

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #614 on: September 14, 2013, 04:07:03 pm »
So you're saying the players at the manager's disposal don't have a part to play in where teams finish?

They do. But the manager is still a very significant part of the equation.

You can have a good squad on paper, and be utter tosh in reality. no way QPR had the worst squad in the league last season for example.

or United the best squad in the league in 2009/10 when they won it replacing Tevez with Owen and Ronaldo with Valencia.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: September 14, 2013, 04:07:05 pm »
City have been brutally bad.

Stoke killing them.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: September 14, 2013, 04:07:08 pm »
Haha! Sunderland penaly.  Yesss! 1-1. LOL!

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: September 14, 2013, 04:07:29 pm »
Oh look Arsenal concedes a penalty.

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: September 14, 2013, 04:07:46 pm »
Koscielny is a good defender but he's too aggressive at times.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: September 14, 2013, 04:08:02 pm »
Great pelanty but terrible dive. Nice one  ;D
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: September 14, 2013, 04:08:13 pm »
I don't want to get carried away after three games in which we've scraped through all of them. We had decent runs last season, only for us to brought back down to Earth the next game. If we can beat Swansea then I know we mean business this year.

Your the eternal pessimist.  Kind of like I am.  We have got the results while not playing that well and that is a good sign.  Just see how many titles Man u won while we all argue they play like shite.

When we start beating teams 1-0, the media claims we are lucky but when Man u does it, the media Man u lovefest headlines that the stuff champions are made off.

Before you berate me for it, I too am a bit apprehensive after all the false dawns.  Just take it a game at a time. If we win against Swansea then its fantastic and look forward to the next game.  No point saying that we are the bees knees when we beat swansea but lose the next 3 fixtures(touch wood it would not happen!)

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #621 on: September 14, 2013, 04:08:38 pm »
Okay maybe jealous is the wrong word because obviously I love Liverpool but I can't say that I wouldn't be happier if we had the likes of Lamela, Jovetic etc - players that our rivals have and are the reason why it will be incredibly difficult to break into the top four, despite our start to the season.

What you're not taking into account though is the fact that there's a cohesive system in place here and the players have worked under Rodgers long enough to understand that system. He's had time to implement his vision and acquire the right types of players for it. Obviously he's had to do that in a creative fashion and doesn't have the world class talent as his disposal, but the list of teams who have just bossed a league by walking on the pitch is very short. He's built a squad that would seem to have some interchangeable pieces to it. The players you named are fine and I wont deny it would be nice to have some of them, but we're not exactly void of class at the moment. Chances are not very good that those players are going to bed in and turn those clubs into powers overnight. I like our chances, but I'm not blind to the fact that the clubs you name have massive talent.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: September 14, 2013, 04:08:38 pm »
Okay maybe jealous is the wrong word because obviously I love Liverpool but I can't say that I wouldn't be happier if we had the likes of Lamela, Jovetic etc - players that our rivals have and are the reason why it will be incredibly difficult to break into the top four, despite our start to the season.

Why do you bother ?  It's clear that you're one of those people that take little joy from the game and look for every negative rather than enjoy the positives.  Every side in the country would want Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho in their squad, then there's Gerrard, Agger and Mignolet, not to mention the quality youngsters.  We also have a manager that seems to have a bit about him.  We'll do okay, I thought we'd finish above Spurs before the season started, I've seen nothing to change my mind.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: September 14, 2013, 04:08:49 pm »
Ozil should have saved that penalty.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: September 14, 2013, 04:09:08 pm »
We only picked up two points off our first five games last season. It didn't mean we were relegation candidates.

Offline Liverbird27

• Anny Roader
« Reply #625 on: September 14, 2013, 04:09:19 pm »
After the wankfest that was going on here, I just knew one of Spurs/Arsenal were gonna drop their lead in the second half!  :lmao

Glad it was Arsenal.... :wave
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 04:11:58 pm by Liverbird27 »

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: September 14, 2013, 04:09:51 pm »
we were top of the league in may 2009?  oh dear.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #627 on: September 14, 2013, 04:09:58 pm »
Thanks. And I'm not saying our squad is too shabby either but on paper (and I know football isn't played on paper) we're probably behind the rest of the top six. No one had us down to finish fourth before the season because of that. We started the season well under Kenny in 11/12, first three games unbeaten, top of the league for the first time since May 2009 but then we lost to Stoke 1-0 and Spurs 4-0.

True. First or second, not fourth.

We haven't 'started the season well'. Our form since January is right up there and we've added well to that squad. This isn't a three wins from nowhere. We've carried on our excellent form.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #628 on: September 14, 2013, 04:10:10 pm »
All the stick Mancini got, I don't think Pellegrini will be that much better the football looks more of the same.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: September 14, 2013, 04:11:14 pm »
Di Canio must send Borini in to finish off Arsenal!

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: September 14, 2013, 04:11:33 pm »
Think Chelsea will take the league this season, can see the other 3 spots being fought out by the rest of the teams... don't think City or United will be pushing ahead like they have done in the past.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: September 14, 2013, 04:11:43 pm »
True. First or second, not fourth.

We haven't 'started the season well'. Our form since January is right up there and we've added well to that squad. This isn't a three wins from nowhere. We've carried on our excellent form.

Indeed

A little fact.

We've got 8 clean sheets out of the last 10 league games. We're just continuing our form, and converting what would've been draws last season into wins.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: September 14, 2013, 04:11:46 pm »
All the stick Mancini got, I don't think Pellegrini will be that much better the football looks more of the same.
Give it time. A lot of signings to click. Once they do they'll destroy.

Just like everyone is giving Spurs the title now.

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: September 14, 2013, 04:12:01 pm »
Stoke are actually playing quite well
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: September 14, 2013, 04:12:54 pm »
Stoke are actually playing quite well

You should be banned for saying that dirty sentence ;)

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
« Reply #635 on: September 14, 2013, 04:13:17 pm »
We only picked up two points off our first five games last season. It didn't mean we were relegation candidates.
Just like no one is saying that we are title candidates right now. But top 4? I think so.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: September 14, 2013, 04:13:40 pm »
What channel on sop cast is the arse game?

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: September 14, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »
Why do you bother ?  It's clear that you're one of those people that take little joy from the game and look for every negative rather than enjoy the positives.  Every side in the country would want Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho in their squad, then there's Gerrard, Agger and Mignolet, not to mention the quality youngsters.  We also have a manager that seems to have a bit about him.  We'll do okay, I thought we'd finish above Spurs before the season started, I've seen nothing to change my mind.

I strive for excellence. You can't rest on your laurels. We want to be aiming for the league do we not? I love watching us play well and win, but that doesn't mean everything is fine and dandy. Even Rodgers alluded to it yesterday, saying the squad is still not there and will take several more windows to get the depth and quality required.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: September 14, 2013, 04:14:17 pm »

True

Those egos will probably have very little input from a coach/manager actual taken on board in terms of either style or formation, and the manager will always pay for that, even though in all probability he has minimal influence

As a team ethos we are probably far better off in terms of cohesion than they ever will be
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: September 14, 2013, 04:14:18 pm »
Give it time. A lot of signings to click. Once they do they'll destroy.

Just like everyone is giving Spurs the title now.

Not sure their signings are anything particularly special though. Even before they joined City.