Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (home vs Chelsea - 01/05 - 19:00 ko) (*)  (Read 598014 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Liverpool Women (*)
« Reply #2800 on: January 27, 2020, 09:16:01 am »
Very convincing 8-1 win over Blackburn in the Womens FA cup over the weekend

Though a rather scathing article in the Mail on Womens football with Liverpool womens team at the forefront is out today

Few take home point from it with regards to LFC

One of Liverpool's managers fought to have players moved out of accommodation considered substandard, with inadequate heating and a condemned boiler, before the club agreed to find better flats.

The average salary at Liverpool — whose team has a dedicated sponsorship deal with Avon — is just £20,000 a year, plus accommodation

Some Liverpool players describe a struggle to plan for a professional or financial future, with the club seemingly reluctant to discuss new contracts with agents, even if a deal is due to within months. Most women are offered maximum two-year contracts, with the club retaining a one-year option to extend.

Liverpool's women use the Tranmere Rovers Solar Campus training ground, where their access has been limited when the League One club's Under 18s need the facility for games.

Liverpool's new men's and Under 23 training facility at Kirkby will have no provision for their women's team.

Something as basic as women's boots are not widely available, leaving many WSL professionals to play in children's boots or small-sized men's boots. 'Sometimes we were advised to wear another pair of socks or insoles to fill out men's boots,' says one source.

WSL referees operate in a different world from those on full-time contracts in the Premier League, earning a match fee of £60 plus a basic travel allowance.

Liverpool said: 'Our players share training facilities with Tranmere in a deal which is mutually beneficial. They have excellent access to training pitches, a fully-equipped gym, physio room, backroom offices and analysis facilities, as well as a canteen with a nutrition-based chef.

'Those players who choose to take advantage of club accommodation benefit from living in a sought-after riverside location.'

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2801 on: January 27, 2020, 09:31:13 am »
If the club are not going to go all in with supporting the Women’s team, they shouldn’t register it.

They either do the right thing and provide the best environment for the ladies to thrive or they should just ditch the whole project.

This is pathetic from Liverpool and the CEO bears responsibility for this. Would love for us supporters to unite and take the club to task for this embarrassment

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2802 on: January 27, 2020, 09:34:31 am »
^ I've just been reading that myself. I'm not sure how accurate some of this is. The Avon deal has ended for example, which makes me wonder how many other details are outdated too since there is no reference to time with any of this. I can believe it all true - I'm just not sure if the picture it paints is wholly the current reality or if they have included old news to give their poor depiction more weight. Though perhaps that doesn't matter, because even if things have improved on what the article says, the club still could and should be doing considerably better.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2803 on: January 27, 2020, 09:43:14 am »
If the club are not going to go all in with supporting the Women’s team, they shouldn’t register it.

They either do the right thing and provide the best environment for the ladies to thrive or they should just ditch the whole project.

This is pathetic from Liverpool and the CEO bears responsibility for this. Would love for us supporters to unite and take the club to task for this embarrassment
This is what annoys fans of the women's team so much. The club love to trot out a nice sound bite or hashtag to make it appear like they're on board with it all. First it was 'one club mentality' then it was 'this means more'. It clearly doesn't and they aren't fooling anyone. All it achieves is additional frustration because on top of being angry about the shoddy treatment of the team you then also have fans angry at being played for mugs.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2804 on: January 27, 2020, 09:56:30 am »
^ I've just been reading that myself. I'm not sure how accurate some of this is. The Avon deal has ended for example, which makes me wonder how many other details are outdated too since there is no reference to time with any of this. I can believe it all true - I'm just not sure if the picture it paints is wholly the current reality or if they have included old news to give their poor depiction more weight. Though perhaps that doesn't matter, because even if things have improved on what the article says, the club still could and should be doing considerably better.

Hopefully some bad PR will kick someone at the club into making some changes. I think it's criminal that the womens team aren't included in the plans for Kirkby.

Taking the womens team along for pre-season should have been a huge positive to build on. Seeing Anfield so packed for the Everton game should have been something to be positive about.

Is there not something the fan committee or a group like SOS can do?

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: January 27, 2020, 10:19:15 am »
Hopefully some bad PR will kick someone at the club into making some changes. I think it's criminal that the womens team aren't included in the plans for Kirkby.

Taking the womens team along for pre-season should have been a huge positive to build on. Seeing Anfield so packed for the Everton game should have been something to be positive about.

The club did once form a fan committee of sorts for the women's team so there was a proper channel for the criticism which fans were hitting them with. I did not apply to join it as I knew I wouldn't have been able to make the meetings. As far as I know, there was only one held. I did get a copy of the minutes; lots of stuff promised, nothing delivered. This move was under a women's team GM who is no longer at the club. I've seen nothing to suggest the committee is still active or has been replaced with some other forum.

If the main club fan committee or SOS wanted to raise the issue of the women's team I'm sure it would very much appreciated by fans who have tried to address this through their own methods but got nowhere. I feel it would probably need to be elevated to one of those groups anyway and it deserves to be.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2806 on: January 27, 2020, 02:02:38 pm »

There has to be a way that we can make the message loud and clear to Peter Moore. Someone on here should point us to a procedure that can be followed- maybe a petition with as many signatures as possible, may be banners at the game to voice frustration.
Perhaps if the club wants a more civil way of telling the truth then this can be done in closed door meetings.

We need the Women's game to be respected and Liverpool need to do their bit

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2807 on: January 28, 2020, 09:34:48 am »
Chelsea away in the FA Cup, Sunday 16th February.

They have (what should be a fairly easy) home game against Birmingham on the 12th. But do have a few key players in China and Australia right now for Olympic qualifying, though they should be arriving back in time to at least make the bench.

We have an evening home league game against Arsenal on the 13th.

Not an ideal tie, or an ideal lead up to it. But we did hold them to a draw in the league before christmas so there is no reason to fear.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2808 on: January 28, 2020, 09:31:17 pm »
As mentioned the deal with Avon has been over for a couple seasons.

The Women did the USA tour and were treated very well.

I suspect the article had some things correct ( probably from an ex-player).

But it's also conceivable things have changed or been upgraded for the betterment of the players and staff.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2809 on: January 28, 2020, 09:39:33 pm »
Are the apartments they provide in town? I’ve see a few of the players in the local shops by me quite regularly so guessing at least some live near me, and if so the vast majority of apartments aren’t that cheap at all.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2810 on: January 29, 2020, 03:17:15 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2811 on: January 29, 2020, 03:19:09 pm »
I think it's downright lunacy to not consider the Women's team when drawing up plans for the new training facility at Kirkby.  I mean what the fuck where those in charge thinking?  :butt

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2812 on: January 29, 2020, 03:20:16 pm »
I think it's downright lunacy to not consider the Women's team when drawing up plans for the new training facility at Kirkby.  I mean what the fuck where those in charge thinking?  :butt

You'd hope there are plans to bring them in there at some point, as it should be more than big enough.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2813 on: January 29, 2020, 04:43:43 pm »
You have to laugh at these keepers  https://twitter.com/LiverpoolFCW/status/1222248545786396672
Nah, not laughing at her - I feel sorry for her - whoever's training her needs training themselves - no spatial awareness, no closing of angles, none of the basics that I've seen covered better in 12 year olds in Sweden. It's embarrassing putting someone like her in that position - not her fault. But a few of those Liverpool goals show class - am sure that 2nd to last goal I'd have struggled to get even close to saving!!!

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2814 on: January 29, 2020, 05:00:01 pm »
When were the expansion plans first started? I can think of a reason why the women's team weren't included which makes some sense. But it is timeline dependant.

One of the reasons they trained at Halton stadium was because they wanted to train on the same artificial pitch they played on. If the expansion plans were drawn up back when there was no reason to believe they would be leaving Halton stadium, it's possible they weren't included because it was their preference not to be. It could fit. And it could be enough of a deflection for the club to use.

Though it would still leave the question of why the club didn't then say move to Kirbky with us and we will get you a grass pitch instead so there is no reason not to come--something which has now happened after the FA told us (and Everton) to move somewhere else. It would also be a fair question to ask if they will now be going to Kirbky after all in light of changing their playing surface.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2815 on: January 29, 2020, 05:02:38 pm »
When were the expansion plans first started? I can think of a reason why the women's team weren't included which makes some sense. But it is timeline dependant.

They were reviewing it quite a long time before announcing it in 2017. I'd guess they probably started looking at it around 2013/14 ish, maybe before.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: January 29, 2020, 05:27:58 pm »
They were reviewing it quite a long time before announcing it in 2017. I'd guess they probably started looking at it around 2013/14 ish, maybe before.
The team moved to Widnes for matches in 2013. They were training at Kirbky for a time before they then also moved training to Widnes. The move to Prenton Park was announced Oct 2018. Wasn't that around the time the spade went in the ground there?

If them being 'fine' to stay where they were at the time of the plans being drawn up because it meant the pitch surfaces matched was a factor it probably wasn't the only one. I can still imagine the club just wasn't bothered on top that.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2817 on: February 2, 2020, 01:53:31 pm »
See another match postponed as Tranmere pitch is knackered

Needs addressing one way or another

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: February 2, 2020, 01:56:50 pm »
There are a lot of people saying that if we can't find another pitch we should pay for and maintain Tranmere's for them.

But I'm seeing one or two others say that FA rules would forbid such an arrangement. Anybody know more?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2819 on: February 2, 2020, 02:11:05 pm »
There are a lot of people saying that if we can't find another pitch we should pay for and maintain Tranmere's for them.

But I'm seeing one or two others say that FA rules would forbid such an arrangement. Anybody know more?

Not sure. Know Arsenal have for boreham wood I think it is

Play a pre season match there every year and their u23’s use the ground etc

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2820 on: February 2, 2020, 02:16:42 pm »

Arsenal paid for Boreham Woods new pitch a few years ago and employ two full time groundstaff to maintain it, not sure how much difference it would make with Tranmere being a Football League club though.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2821 on: February 2, 2020, 04:57:49 pm »
Well it has (finally) prompted a response from Peter Moore

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/385615-peter-moore-liverpool-fc-women-prenton-park-pitch-statement

Liverpool FC chief executive officer Peter Moore has reassured fans the club is doing everything it can to alleviate the ongoing problems with the pitch at Prenton Park.

It follows the postponement of Liverpool FC Women’s game against Birmingham City on Sunday after the referee deemed part of the surface unplayable.

Moore, also chairman of Liverpool Women, said: “We know how frustrating this is for supporters as well as the players and staff of both clubs who have put in a hard week of preparation for the game.

“I speak regularly with Mark Palios at Tranmere and we had a solid pitch on Saturday but overnight rain saw it deteriorate despite the best efforts of all the hard-working grounds staff at Tranmere acting in conjunction with our own grounds team.

“While these problems are not unique to us – with other Women's Super League games called off both on Sunday and earlier this season – we need to try to find a solution to provide our LFC Women with the surface they deserve.

“To that end we will continue to explore all the options open to us.”

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: February 2, 2020, 05:58:12 pm »
Well it has (finally) prompted a response from Peter Moore
He can be quite vocal when he wants to be. There have been times when he has been bombarded on twitter (the end of the 2017 season when all the squad walked away being the time which always springs to mind first) and he does make an effort to respond. The problem is that we have passed the point where words are a sufficient response.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2823 on: February 4, 2020, 09:09:29 am »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2824 on: February 9, 2020, 10:53:57 am »
The derby is postponed, Goodison has blown down.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2825 on: February 9, 2020, 11:22:43 am »
She's a'creekin like the Mary Rose Cap'um and she's nay gonna tik anymmoooooore.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #2826 on: February 13, 2020, 07:03:16 pm »
Playing Arsenal and being covered by BT Sport 1 HD now.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2827 on: February 13, 2020, 07:47:19 pm »
Thinks it's a bit embarrassing how the club have neglected the women's team. Men's team boss. Plenty of promising academy players coming through. New sate of the art training ground close to opening. Annie Road end looking to be extended. And then there is the women's team who have been struggling towards the bottom of their league for a number of years now and are only avoiding being rock bottom because of goal difference this season. Shame really, the club looked to have a real interest in the women's game back when they won their league back-to-back. Just comes across as they can't be arsed with them now. Or am I completely reading it wrong?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2828 on: February 13, 2020, 07:54:00 pm »
There’s been a bit of negative publicity about the state of the women’s team recently so hopefully the Club will get to grips with the situation for next season.

Halftime 2-2.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: February 13, 2020, 08:56:25 pm »
FT 2-3 Arsenal. Pretty good display by the Reds.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2830 on: February 14, 2020, 05:18:22 pm »
There’s been a bit of negative publicity about the state of the women’s team recently so hopefully the Club will get to grips with the situation for next season.

Well, I hope they do. Because they're part of the club now and deserve to be looked after more. It's not as if it costs 10's of millions to sign players in their league either. So surely it wouldn't take that much money to make them competitive in that league. I really hope they stay up and things improve for them next season anyway.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: February 14, 2020, 05:52:27 pm »
The FA Cup fifth round away at Chelsea on Sunday has been pushed back to 7pm on Monday because the weekend's forecast.

We're also looking to move the remainder of our home games to Chester because of the issues with Tranmere's pitch https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51498257
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:54:07 pm by kellan »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: February 15, 2020, 10:27:54 am »
I think we have moved beyond the point of it being 'a bit' of negative publicity. It's becoming relentless now. I can't remember the last time I saw us get coverage which wasn't about how poorly we are being run. It has definitely become the hot topic. There was a segment on prime time BBC news yesterday. Plenty of articles are being written, both by the mainstream media and the women's sport media. And even the articles which aren't specifically about us are managing to add a paragraph to stick the boot in.

I'm not sure how the club tackle this and without it looking completely disingenuous. Because it's not as if they can come out and say message understood and then reel off all the ways they intend to do better starting next season when there is still a chance such plans would have to go out of the window due to relegation at the end of this one.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2833 on: February 15, 2020, 02:21:06 pm »
I think we have moved beyond the point of it being 'a bit' of negative publicity. It's becoming relentless now. I can't remember the last time I saw us get coverage which wasn't about how poorly we are being run. It has definitely become the hot topic. There was a segment on prime time BBC news yesterday. Plenty of articles are being written, both by the mainstream media and the women's sport media. And even the articles which aren't specifically about us are managing to add a paragraph to stick the boot in.

I'm not sure how the club tackle this and without it looking completely disingenuous. Because it's not as if they can come out and say message understood and then reel off all the ways they intend to do better starting next season when there is still a chance such plans would have to go out of the window due to relegation at the end of this one.

Yeah, saw the BBC news coverage. Suppose it can only help to put pressure on the Club but take your point regarding the uncertainty regarding which league they will be in next season. Mind you, having watched the Game on BT the other night I was quite impressed with their performance so hopefully they will pull themselves up the table.

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2834 on: February 16, 2020, 07:34:24 am »
What are they moaning about then? club can do nothing about tranmere pitch dying mid season. compared to other wsl teams lfc team have the best ground.

some people on twitter suggesting to play at anfield. which is daft considering operating costs will be more then gate receipt you get selling £3 tickets plus pitch is needed at 100% for the mens first team all season.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2835 on: February 16, 2020, 06:56:43 pm »
Well the match at Chester seemed to go down well

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2836 on: February 17, 2020, 05:15:51 pm »
The main problem for the Women is attendance. The WSL averages approximately 1,000 per match for the League. Not counting the skewed matches when they've played when the men are off and at  a big stadium in a derby.

Even in the USA, the holy grail of Womens footy, the league average is just over 7,300. And that is for 9 teams in the entire country. Again those numbers are a bit skewed due to the Portland Thorn averaging 20,000. Double more than the next best. Otherwise their league average would be about 5,700.

Leagues depend on tv revenue more than the gate.

If looked at just as a financial decision, Womens footy is not paying it's way. ( or barely in the USA).

So it is hard for clubs to invest in Womens footy knowing the long term growth is going to be in small increments.

Without knowing the costs, even for LFC they may not cover the costs of renting a stadium for the Women to play in. So finding a suitable venue for the Women to play in within the area is a task.

LFC have taken the Women to the USA with them, at some considerable expense. So the club is spending money on Jepsons side.

Going forward something will be done. Just what remains to be determined.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2837 on: February 17, 2020, 05:32:56 pm »
What I want to see most is for the women to be able to train with the men alongside the youths in Kirkby starting next year. We are not talking about all the practices, but in the future the youths will be able to run drills alongside the first team. Why not the women? Surely it can’t be that hard.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2838 on: February 17, 2020, 07:09:35 pm »
What I want to see most is for the women to be able to train with the men alongside the youths in Kirkby starting next year. We are not talking about all the practices, but in the future the youths will be able to run drills alongside the first team. Why not the women? Surely it can’t be that hard.
Why? oh why?

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2839 on: February 23, 2020, 08:13:16 pm »
Bottom of the league after today. looks like relegation having played bristol twice already