Author Topic: Lottery thread  (Read 90234 times)

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
Re: Lottery thread
« Reply #1160 on: October 4, 2017, 11:15:43 am »
i usually play this online so i dont have to carry weeks worth of tickets in my wallet and so it can tell me straight off if i won or not. similar to having online betting

whats annoying is when you win something it just tells you that you won a prize and not how much until you log in

you cant help but get a bit over excited

Know exactly what you mean. And they send you the email in the early hours of the morning. A few weeks ago I woke in the middle of the night and looked at my phone to see the time. Noticed I had one of those emails. Thought I would just leave it til the morning but couldn't get back to sleep. Logged in to find I had won the grand sum of £5.40.

A couple of years ago I had 4 numbers and 1 lucky star on the euromillions and got £214. 2 numbers away from £80m.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: October 4, 2017, 02:50:38 pm »
Know exactly what you mean. And they send you the email in the early hours of the morning. A few weeks ago I woke in the middle of the night and looked at my phone to see the time. Noticed I had one of those emails. Thought I would just leave it til the morning but couldn't get back to sleep. Logged in to find I had won the grand sum of £5.40.

A couple of years ago I had 4 numbers and 1 lucky star on the euromillions and got £214. 2 numbers away from £80m.

I've always wondered what it'd say when you logged in after a jackpot win.  Would it just show £100m sitting in your account to encourage you to spend it all on instant games?   ;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1162 on: October 4, 2017, 03:10:12 pm »
I've always wondered what it'd say when you logged in after a jackpot win.  Would it just show £100m sitting in your account to encourage you to spend it all on instant games?   ;D
think if you withdraw it, it doesnt go into an account, they send a cheque

they did that to me once and my mam thought i had won mega money when she saw the cheque in the post

was only about 12 quid hahaa. id have kept it in the account if id known they had to post it out

would have been funny if it arrived like one of them big novelty cheques :D
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: October 4, 2017, 03:37:52 pm »

They've said before on the news bit with winners that it doesn't go into your account, you have to contact them and then you meet with a winners team and financial advisors and sort you out a bank account and all kinds of things. I think that's the case for wins above a certain threshold, like you can only get upto £500 from a supermarket, have to call them for anything higher.

Not that I'd know, never win fuck all ;D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: October 4, 2017, 03:50:28 pm »
They've said before on the news bit with winners that it doesn't go into your account, you have to contact them and then you meet with a winners team and financial advisors and sort you out a bank account and all kinds of things. I think that's the case for wins above a certain threshold, like you can only get upto £500 from a supermarket, have to call them for anything higher.

i think the bank account thing is for higher interest? some wins are so high some could probably live off the interest

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: October 4, 2017, 03:56:34 pm »
Whwnever I win anything (never won more than £20  :'(), it just transfers it automatically to my bank account - never gives me the option to keep it in my account. I play by direct debit though so that might be the difference.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1166 on: October 4, 2017, 04:18:25 pm »
i think the bank account thing is for higher interest? some wins are so high some could probably live off the interest

You could easily live off the interest, like a king, with the huge ones.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1167 on: October 4, 2017, 04:26:01 pm »
£167 million. I wouldn’t even know where to start.

A new centre half would do.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: October 4, 2017, 04:57:55 pm »

Yeah, I'd heard that re the advisors etc, which makes sense.  It'd be more fun if they just put it in your lottery account or, even better, your bank account.  Imagine checking your account Saturday night to see if you can justify another takeaway, then seeing all those zeroes.  I'd get two naan breads.   

think if you withdraw it, it doesnt go into an account, they send a cheque

they did that to me once and my mam thought i had won mega money when she saw the cheque in the post

was only about 12 quid hahaa. id have kept it in the account if id known they had to post it out

would have been funny if it arrived like one of them big novelty cheques :D

You can transfer it to your account these days?  But yeah a novelty cheque would be a laugh.  Get your pic in the local paper for a £5 win.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: October 4, 2017, 09:12:04 pm »
£167 million

Prob been asked but when it gets to obscene amounts like this why not create 167 millionaires and give it away like that.

I agree entirely Phil, so hopefully a syndicate wins this.

A syndicate from Liverpool.

Preferably that I'm a member of :)

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: October 5, 2017, 08:48:59 am »

You can transfer it to your account these days?  But yeah a novelty cheque would be a laugh.  Get your pic in the local paper for a £5 win.
probably can, i havent done it since. i forgot my password for ages and usually get when im getting fuel. depends what mood im in to do it online.

if i win a small amount it just goes towards the next draw

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1171 on: October 5, 2017, 07:43:30 pm »
Since they added more numbers to lotto ... won f*ck all  :no...

Lottery              Jackpot odds           Any Prize

UK Lotto            1 : 45,057,474          1 : 54

Euro-millions       1 : 116,531,800         1 : 13

Irish Lotto          1 : 10,737,573           1 : 42
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1172 on: October 5, 2017, 08:06:56 pm »
Weirdly enough ive won more.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: October 5, 2017, 09:00:34 pm »
Since they added more numbers to lotto ... won f*ck all  :no...

UK Lotto            1 : 45,057,474          1 : 54

Euro-millions       1 : 116,531,800         1 : 13

Irish Lotto          1 : 10,737,573           1 : 42

I play Thunderball:

Thunderball             1 : 8,060,598            1 : 13

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: October 5, 2017, 10:07:54 pm »
Premium bonds are a better investment in my opinion.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: October 5, 2017, 10:13:03 pm »

I read somewhere before that you only get that sort of help if you go public. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you get fuck all. I don't know if that's true or not, as like you, I never win fuck all

Having never bothered looking into that, I just have. It's bollocks

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/life-changing/winner-advisor-carter

If the winners wanted anonymity instead of going public, would you still advise them?

Absolutely yes. It’s entirely the winner’s decision if they want to share news of their win. We have an aftercare programme in place to ensure that all winners have access to legal and financial advice.

It’s often the case that when a winner decides to remain anonymous, we are the only people that know about their win so we keep in touch with them for as long as they want to. Often they like to talk to someone or just let us know what they have been up to.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2017, 10:19:07 pm by B@rneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: October 5, 2017, 10:43:13 pm »
Premium bonds are a better investment in my opinion.
I agree mate, they can provide a mini-regular income.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: October 6, 2017, 12:20:08 am »
I agree mate, they can provide a mini-regular income.
When I was 18 my Dad got me £500 worth of Premium Bonds so I have had them now 19 years.

In that time I have won 1 x £100, 1 x £50 and 4 x £25.

You are free to cash them in and get your money back as well which is a good thing, especially if you were given them as a gift.   :)

I have just checked and see that I have won nothing in this months (October) draw.

They pay out a lot of prizes, over £67 million this month.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1178 on: October 6, 2017, 09:46:34 am »
plus you get the millionaire raffle

the jump in prizes does need changing though

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: October 6, 2017, 05:00:45 pm »
When I was 18 my Dad got me £500 worth of Premium Bonds so I have had them now 19 years.

In that time I have won 1 x £100, 1 x £50 and 4 x £25.

You are free to cash them in and get your money back as well which is a good thing, especially if you were given them as a gift.   :)

I have just checked and see that I have won nothing in this months (October) draw.

They pay out a lot of prizes, over £67 million this month.
I can't complain about my PB return compared to the Lottery, I win at least £25 every month and often £100  ;)
You're right about still having big win opportunities while being able to cash-out anytime.

As an absolutely skint widow in 1969, my mum won £1000 on the PB's. It was a massive amount that bought her a Mini and a washing machine   ;D

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1180 on: October 6, 2017, 07:42:08 pm »
I play Thunderball:

Thunderball             1 : 8,060,598            1 : 13

Is right mate..  ;D ... quid a go too (i think).. Also why do i want to punch that Jeff Brazier guy (postcode lottery) done nowt to me  ;D
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: October 6, 2017, 08:04:52 pm »
I can't complain about my PB return compared to the Lottery, I win at least £25 every month and often £100  ;)
You're right about still having big win opportunities while being able to cash-out anytime.

As an absolutely skint widow in 1969, my mum won £1000 on the PB's. It was a massive amount that bought her a Mini and a washing machine   ;D
I would be doing cart wheels if I won £1,000 now. 

My Dad left school in 1972 aged 15 and his 1st job (he left school on the Friday and started on the Monday) the pay was £10 per week) so £1,000 to him then was 2 years pay.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1182 on: October 6, 2017, 11:00:43 pm »
Someone in Spain has just won £168 million

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: October 7, 2017, 09:02:29 am »
I'd forgotten why I jibbed the Euro lottery years ago and convinced work to as well. I had a punt yesterday and got £6.30 for getting both lucky stars and a prime number  ::)  We won £580 on the Irish Lottery for 3 numbers

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1184 on: October 8, 2017, 10:43:30 am »
I got one of those possibly exciting emails a few weeks back.
Opened it up expecting the usual free lucky dip and found just over a thousand quid in my account.
Was a nice feeling for a while then I wondered what I actually got in order to win it. Turned out to be five numbers which kind of annoyed me in a way as that is possibly my day in the sun lottery wise. I've had four come up twice before but five seems almost impossible.

Have won Fuck all since.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1185 on: October 8, 2017, 10:47:09 am »
Was a nice feeling for a while then I wondered what I actually got in order to win it. Turned out to be five numbers which kind of annoyed me in a way as that is possibly my day in the sun lottery wise. I've had four come up twice before but five seems almost impossible.

The lottery machine doesn't discriminate against past winners. You're as likely to win the week after hitting every number and winning £167m as you were the week before winning it and not getting a single number for the previous decade.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1186 on: October 8, 2017, 11:17:42 am »
The lottery machine doesn't discriminate against past winners. You're as likely to win the week after hitting every number and winning £167m as you were the week before winning it and not getting a single number for the previous decade.

I know, but it just seems that way. I don't know anyone who has got five numbers before.
It did make me expect to win something for a while though. I do like that e-mail moment though, as just for a minute its a possibility.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: October 8, 2017, 11:37:43 am »
I got one of those possibly exciting emails a few weeks back.
Opened it up expecting the usual free lucky dip
The clue is in the email subject title - its either "News about your ticket" or "You've won a lucky dip".

I probably need to start a Premium Bonds thread for for comparison purposes I thought I'd add that my daughter got a £25 cheque through the post yesterday (again).

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: October 8, 2017, 05:37:38 pm »
The clue is in the email subject title - its either "News about your ticket" or "You've won a lucky dip".

I probably need to start a Premium Bonds thread for for comparison purposes I thought I'd add that my daughter got a £25 cheque through the post yesterday (again).
When you get a letter from NS and I, you know what it is about . . . . you sit there shouting at the letter PLEEEEEASE GOD, I'M BEGGING YOU.

You open it and 1st thing you see is the little slip with a bottle of champagne on it and the words, "Congratulations, you are a winner".

Heart is beating faster, louder, palms are sweaty as fuck and you shout COME ON YE FUCKING BEAUTY . . . .

You look at the cheque, £25 and all though you should be grateful you feel like you have just had a kick in the guts.

DAMN YOU TO HELL YOU BASTARRRRRRRD   :)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: October 9, 2017, 09:33:23 am »
I had a look on the NS&I site and noticed the two people who'd won the million had £20k and £40k in bonds ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: October 9, 2017, 07:54:38 pm »
I had a look on the NS&I site and noticed the two people who'd won the million had £20k and £40k in bonds ;D
The rich getting richer.

I thought the limit was £20,000 worth of bonds, they must have raised it    :(

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: October 9, 2017, 09:02:03 pm »
I need to consolidate mine, I've got a few lump sums that all deliver £25 regularly (like today again) but never anything decent.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1192 on: February 20, 2018, 10:40:10 am »
£141m tonight.  But don't bother buying a ticket, I've already got the winning one.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1193 on: February 20, 2018, 11:19:56 am »
£141m tonight.  But don't bother buying a ticket, I've already got the winning one.

Well thanks for admitting who has stolen my ticket  :no

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1194 on: February 20, 2018, 11:40:21 am »
Been a while since i've put a line on

When did it go up to £2.50 a line!!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1195 on: February 20, 2018, 11:54:39 am »

I have a £2.50 'winning' ticket on my fridge - must take that and trade it in for one for tonight.

Does anyone do the postcode lottery?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: February 20, 2018, 12:05:35 pm »
I had £100 in bonds for years, but I only ever won once and that was right after I first got them.  I think somehow preferential treatment must be given to new bonds, or that you have to keep investing in them to keep winning (I suppose the more people who buy them the more the odds become stacked against you.)  Still it was £50 so I'm not complaining.

I don't bother with lottery tickets, just scratchcards.  I win enough to keep me interested.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: February 20, 2018, 01:41:17 pm »
The rich getting richer.

I thought the limit was £20,000 worth of bonds, they must have raised it    :(

My Nan had/has about £30k in PB. She's won few hundred quid in the last few months and she's been dead 7 months.

It's been raised to £50k by the way.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: February 20, 2018, 04:53:06 pm »
SPOILER

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: February 20, 2018, 04:54:24 pm »
I have £500 worth of Premium Bonds and had them for coming up to 20 years this May and in all this time I have won 3 prizes, all of them £25.

As far as the Lottery goes I stopped putting it on 2 years ago.

I used to put 2 lines on both Saturdays and Wednesdays and one Saturday evening I had 4 numbers come up and the payout was less than it would have been if I had 3 numbers up, one less.

So, for 2 years i have saved myself £8 a week by not putting it on = £832 which makes me a winner I suppose     :lickin