Author Topic: CL: Atletico Madrid 2 v 3Liverpool Salah ‘8 ‘77 Keita ‘13 Griezmann ‘20 ‘34  (Read 35971 times)

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Am I the only one that enjoys it?  (mainly when they're not playing us admittedly)

They're a total gang of twats, awful to play against and so on .. I never want us to draw them again ... but at least its different and a bit edgy and sometimes upset the "super clubs"
I'm not exactly cheering for them and I don't want more than one of them but I'm glad they exist

Thought they were fantastic last night to be honest.  Happy to admit I called the game wrong, they out coached and out played us and got unlucky - which is pretty funny and satisfying ... but that's what its all about in Europe - going into bear pits where you get abused and cheated and finding a way to get out on top

Same here. Hate having to play against the fuckers, but have begrudging respect for their win at all costs mentality. It's easy to say they are a bunch of shitehouses, but last nights game as as intimidating as I've seen away from Anfield. Simone just needs to wind it in about 10%, and not do shit like run off at the final whistle and they'd be a little easier to stomach.

Would you have Simone at Liverpool after Klopp if he learned some manners?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
He fucking ruffled his hair. Messi is not the messiah, he's a tax dodging prick. Although you didn't ask me, have this for free; I thought it was the 2nd best moment of the game, after Trent's decision to take the corner quickly.
Baffles me how this always seems to get overlooked amidst the adulation... Kind of how Ronaldo's sexual transgressions are never mentioned these days because he plays for Man United and we must absolutely adore him for the drama he brings to the league or whatever.  ::)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I was impressed with Thomas Lemar. Looked really good.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Same here. Hate having to play against the fuckers, but have begrudging respect for their win at all costs mentality. It's easy to say they are a bunch of shitehouses, but last nights game as as intimidating as I've seen away from Anfield. Simone just needs to wind it in about 10%, and not do shit like run off at the final whistle and they'd be a little easier to stomach.

No thanks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!

There lies the problem. The fit between the club culture and the manager has to be a driving force, otherwise we'd be like Chelsea or City. And maybe United now, they have not found a match since Fergie left.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
The Uruguayan thing?  Greizmann loves Uruguay, started with his first coach in professional football being from there, and he ended up just having loads of Urugayan teammates over the years and Godin for instance is one of his closest friends and his daughters godfather, and apparently his Uruguayan teammates got him onto drinking mate and supporting Penarol. He speaks Spanish, and generally seems obessed with the country.

It all came to a head when France where playing them in the world cup in 2018 and Greizmann made some comments about his love for the country and how he feels almost Uruguayan. Suarez called him out on it. Although other players where far more complimentry and supportive of his love of the country!
Ah ok, thanks mate.
How did Suarez call him out on it? Like telling him that he's a fake and should be 100% into France instead?

Must be awkward now they're in the same team!

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
24 hours later, and I still can't analyse that match.

Bewildering, heads gone all over the place from both teams. It's just one of those games I suppose, so to get three points out of it really was something. Really felt like a roll of the dice at times.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Ah ok, thanks mate.
How did Suarez call him out on it? Like telling him that he's a fake and should be 100% into France instead?

Suarez was peeved, as Uruguay is a small country, so his feeling was very much that they had to work so hard to get where they where - so he pointed out that Griezmann wouldn’t understand their mentality as it where, as he is from a much bigger country. That’s what annoyed him about it. 

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Suarez was peeved, as Uruguay is a small country, so his feeling was very much that they had to work so hard to get where they where - so he pointed out that Griezmann wouldn’t understand their mentality as it where, as he is from a much bigger country. That’s what annoyed him about it. 
Cultural appropriation always grates. I’d say Suarez is very much in the “Griezmann is an insufferable prick” camp.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
So Griezmann will be out, suspended, for the second leg, correct?
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Hamann is the worst though. I think Kloppo violated him or something because he just been hatin' on us since we started to become really, really good.

I think some of the 'old un's' fear for their legacy. This may well be the greatest Liverpool team ever.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Ta.
If I was Suarez, I'd be flattered.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
It’d be great having Simeone at Anfield. Imagine the impact of him going absolutely crackers on the sidelines - would turn Anfield into an absolute mad house week after week. Shithouses are great when they play for you, and Atletico are probably one of my favourite continental sides (except when they play us).

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No fucking chance, don’t want that prick and his shit on a stick football anywhere near Anfield.  I wouldn’t be able to stand the cheating. It’s the biggest turn-off in football.

Kinda sad to even read a Liverpool fan suggest it to be honest, like somehow SImeone would improve on what we have now?

I far prefer the impact of a manager who manages teams to play the right way and who is a natural with the fans.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
Ah ok, thanks mate.

Suarez shithousing someone? As the kids would say 'suprised pikachu'

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Am I the only one that enjoys it?  (mainly when they're not playing us admittedly)

They're a total gang of twats, awful to play against and so on .. I never want us to draw them again ... but at least its different and a bit edgy and sometimes upset the "super clubs"
I'm not exactly cheering for them and I don't want more than one of them but I'm glad they exist

Thought they were fantastic last night to be honest.  Happy to admit I called the game wrong, they out coached and out played us and got unlucky - which is pretty funny and satisfying ... but that's what its all about in Europe - going into bear pits where you get abused and cheated and finding a way to get out on top

Peoples perception of Atletico is bizarre. They aren't some penniless underdog who have to resort to shithousery. Last night they had Felix who cost £115m, Griezeman who Barca paid £100m for and Lemar who cost £65m.

When they actually try to play they are an excellent side. They choose to play anti football.

Imagine what someone like Klopp could do with that squad. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 01:52:52 am by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Hmm. I wonder if the Simeone apologists in the thread would be quite so magnanimous with their “oh I think they’re rather super duper entertainment and damn fine togger team who just know how to stretch the boundaries” comments about Atletico and their heinous fucking c*nt of a manager if the horrible c*nts had actually managed via their blatant cheating to wangle a victory.

Fact is Simeone and the gang of cheating c*nts he’s forensically forged are a fucking disgrace and a stain on the game and well in the magnificent Jurgen and his boys for ensuring the Simeone crew have to stomach the all so deserved vanquished spoils of the shite they serve up.

;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 02:01:50 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Hope Atletico can help beating United at the EL.
Believer

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
11 v 11 we would have probably lost that match.  All over the place defensively.

Downside of Simeone's approach is that it can get his players too wound up. That cost them.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
I have rewatched the game again and now I have made my own conclusion that aa...

"Simeone is a c*nt". That is my own personal conclusion.Try, rewatch it again.

That dance / mocking for the equaliser goal... Fucking, hell.

And running away down the tunnel once the final whistle being blown... He was running. Run.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
They have spent quite a lot of money to be classed as the plucky underdog havent they?

I wouldnt want Simone here. No way could i watch his turgid brand of football, its horrible to watch.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Mcmanaman.. 'I can't believe it'..'Firmino is bending down to control it'

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/MMvTzHJfgSE?start=380&amp;end=410" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/MMvTzHJfgSE?start=380&amp;end=410</a>

https://youtu.be/MMvTzHJfgSE

6 mins 20 in.
Can’t bear Mcmanaman. It’s like he’s constantly trying to prove he’s not biased towards Liverpool. How the fuck was Bobby ‘bending down’?
Ridiculous. Like when Elliot got injured and commentators were saying it wasn’t a foul. It’s about time we had commentators who will call incidents for what they are. Something like ‘yeah, he was a dirty twat there and fully deserves a red card’ would be much better.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Baffles me how this always seems to get overlooked amidst the adulation... Kind of how Ronaldo's sexual transgressions are never mentioned these days because he plays for Man United and we must absolutely adore him for the drama he brings to the league or whatever.  ::)

Because they sell. Its all about the money, the sponsors and the product.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
He fucking ruffled his hair. Messi is not the messiah, he's a tax dodging prick. Although you didn't ask me, have this for free; I thought it was the 2nd best moment of the game, after Trent's decision to take the corner quickly.

Robertson is a legend just for that moment alone. I loved it.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Thought we got fucking lucky, Ali keeping us in the game like Oblak did for them last time.

One of the best game I watched this year on multiple levels. They remind of 80/90’s Italian teams, where they’ve got 300m of strikers up front, a ridiculous goalkeeper and 8 other blokes that work like coal miners and are just as dirty.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Pardon for my knowledge in Spanish football (as I don't follow much), but from what I read, technically - Griezmann still belong to Barcelona.

May I know why did they "loan / offload" him? Is he not good enough to feature in the first team? I think Griezmann is a good player, technically gifted and could operate in a tight space.

There's no way Griezmann is a shit player. No way in my eyes. This kind of player is "considered" not good enough for Barcelona? I don't mind him here.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Thought we got fucking lucky, Ali keeping us in the game like Oblak did for them last time.

One of the best game I watched this year on multiple levels. They remind of 80/90’s Italian teams, where they’ve got 300m of strikers up front, a ridiculous goalkeeper and 8 other blokes that work like coal miners and are just as dirty.

How many times have we finished games without a win saying that their keeper has kept them in it?

And I'm sure United are hoping DeGea can do the same in Sunday.

Having a world class keeper is a thing of beauty, I just hope we can work out how we can make sure he has a lot less to do in future.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f

Yeah, me too. At least the players and fans seem to care. You can't dismiss their results either.

But they're a different team nowadays. They actually have a lot of skill up front, but their defense is not as good as it used to be. We scored 3 without playing very well. Oblak didn't impress me.

And all this talk about Atletico being "disciplined" is absurd. Their lack of discipline won us the game. They lost their heads.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
No fucking chance, don’t want that prick and his shit on a stick football anywhere near Anfield.  I wouldn’t be able to stand the cheating. It’s the biggest turn-off in football.

Kinda sad to even read a Liverpool fan suggest it to be honest, like somehow SImeone would improve on what we have now?

I far prefer the impact of a manager who manages teams to play the right way and who is a natural with the fans.
Me neither. He does what he has to and more power to him, but he'd be perfect for Chelsea or the Bitters for instance.
Just not a Liverpool manager in a million years. Most of our lot already seems "against" him.
We like our's to have some class to begin with... and Simeone, sorry to say- lacks in that department. So that's already a big no-no.
We also cannot stand a snidey, cheating, ref-surrounding team (Stevie and Henderson as recent examples of how we conduct ourselves) and so that's the rest.
It's tough trying to play fair, and to rule the fair play league for decades but there is a certain type of person that identifies with Liverpool and Simeone is just not for us.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:53:00 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool

We battered them at Anfield and on balance of play and respective performances on the night would have won that game convincingly 9 times out of 10. Their victory stemmed from our profligacy, an inspired goalkeeping performance from Oblak and an absolute nightmare display from Adrian that gifted them victory. That was what you call fucking ‘lucky’.

In contrast the other night was a nip and tuck game which could have gone either way with a multitude of game changing incidents and swinging dynamics in the on field play. It so happened the result went our way but no way were we ‘lucky’ when all things are fairly considered.

As for your savouring of the game and reflections on Atletico. Everyone to their own mate. Personally speaking for me it was a game to be endured not enjoyed and my loathing of Simeone and the teams he fashions in his own grotesque image precludes me from the minutest inclination to reflect upon him and them beyond my innate contempt for how they desecrate the spirit of the game.

So to sum up - I think they’re a fucking abomination.

;D

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 12:46:09 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Peoples perception of Atletico is bizarre. They aren't some penniless underdog who have to resort to shithousery. Last night they had Felix who cost £115m, Griezeman who Barca paid £100m for and Lemar who cost £65m.

When they actually try to play they are an excellent side. They choose to play anti football.

It's all relative their wage bill is roughly a third of ours

You're right that doesn't dictate style - but financially their underdogs relative to the 6 or 7 biggest clubs

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
They were so desperate for a red card for us for anything

When Trent made an accidental hand ball and kicked it away the way they surrounded the ref you would think he snapped someones leg off

they can cry about accidental handballs all they want, I bet if it was the other way round and Firmino did that to Griezemann, then baldy conscience on the side line with his monkey arse hair do would have probably ran on to the pitch
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97

A lot of people were saying that they’re not the team that they were when we’ve played them previously. When they played their attacking football I thought they were a better team than when we’ve previously played them.

You’re right that if they had a manager like Klopp then they would be an exceptionally good team.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We battered them at Anfield and on balance of play and respective performances on the night would have won that game convincingly 9 times out of 10. Their victory stemmed from our profligacy, an inspired goalkeeping performance from Oblak and an absolute nightmare display from Adrian that gifted them victory. That was what you call fucking ‘lucky’.

In contrast the other night was a nip and tuck game which could have gone either way with a multitude of game changing incidents and swinging dynamics in the on field play. It so happened the result went our way but no way were we ‘lucky’ when all things are fairly considered.

As for your savouring of the game and reflections on Atletico. Everyone to their own mate. Personally speaking for me it was a game to be endured not enjoyed and my loathing of Simeone and the teams he fashions in his own grotesque image precludes me from the minutest inclination to reflect upon him and them beyond my innate contempt for how they desecrate the spirit of the game.

So to sum up - I think they’re a fucking abomination.

;D

a thousand times this Timbo, wonderfully said.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Can’t bear Mcmanaman. It’s like he’s constantly trying to prove he’s not biased towards Liverpool. How the fuck was Bobby ‘bending down’?
Ridiculous. Like when Elliot got injured and commentators were saying it wasn’t a foul. It’s about time we had commentators who will call incidents for what they are. Something like ‘yeah, he was a dirty twat there and fully deserves a red card’ would be much better.

Compare that to the commentary last night 'Viva Ronaldo!' and about a million other vomit inducing comments screamed out by Savage. Mcmanaman showed his true colours many times before and especially when we played his beloved Madrid last year. He was always a blue as a kid and although I'm sure he still holds our club dear in many respects we are probably about number 3 on his list, at best, which is clear to anyone with ears.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Personally speaking for me it was a game to be endured not enjoyed and my loathing of Simeone and the teams he fashions in his own grotesque image precludes me from the minutest inclination to reflect upon him and them beyond my innate contempt for how they desecrate the spirit of the game.

Yeah, same here.

I only remember having to do it a couple of times in my life but I had to turn off the match with about 10 minutes to go as I just couldn't stand watching the shithouse tactics from every call for a red card to diving, to waiting for that piss covered loonatic to start wanking off into the baying crowd. Watched the match comms in here until the last couple minutes then turned it back on and this was for a group game too, not exactly must win.

Think I would prefer to never play them again if I had the choice. Absolute torture from start to finish.

Online Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
a thousand times this Timbo, wonderfully said.
Echo this.

Also what's not being mentioned by many is the relative prep time.
International break, 12.30 at Watford away. Then a big Euro away on the Tuesday. Oh and 2 players flew straight to Madrid. If you consider post international recovery, post Watford recovery and 2 lots of travel, I'd be surprised if there was time for 1 good session to prep for each of those games.

I saw someone comment in that Klopp had a mare, when you factor in the lack of Midfield options, I'm not sure how much choice he had. But the bottom line is that those 2 away games, coming when they did, were a logistical and sports science nightmare.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Want to say thanks to our comms team. Couldn't pay much attention to the game apart from the last fifteen mins and I don't do streams and what not. Was great to have some commentary on the game.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Echo this.

Also what's not being mentioned by many is the relative prep time.
International break, 12.30 at Watford away. Then a big Euro away on the Tuesday. Oh and 2 players flew straight to Madrid. If you consider post international recovery, post Watford recovery and 2 lots of travel, I'd be surprised if there was time for 1 good session to prep for each of those games.

I saw someone comment in that Klopp had a mare, when you factor in the lack of Midfield options, I'm not sure how much choice he had. But the bottom line is that those 2 away games, coming when they did, were a logistical and sports science nightmare.

Atletico had the weekend off too, so they were able to prepare all weekend with no league game.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
brilliant player back in day but jesus he is a brutal commentator
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR