Author Topic: CL: Atletico Madrid 2 v 3Liverpool Salah ‘8 ‘77 Keita ‘13 Griezmann ‘20 ‘34  (Read 35966 times)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

I don’t always greet the other coach after the game because I don’t like it,” he explained. “It’s not healthy for either the winner or the loser. I think of it that way. But now, when I see him, I’ll greet him without a problem.” - Simeone
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I've only just managed to catch up with the game.

My god, what a classless bunch of whingeing, moaning, diving, crying shithouses Atleti and their plastic-faced jack-in-the-box of a manager are.

I'd give the game up if I had to watch that kind of shite every week.

Well done Reds. Not at our best, but beat the biggest gang of shithouses on their own patch.

Oh, Simeone
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Ha, what rubbish. And he shook hands with Kloppo after the last game at the Wanda, funny how tonight he chooses not too. I wonder why  ???

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
That’s what I said - we’re being tested by the good teams and conceding lots of goals to them. Something to improve upon. It’s just an observation - no need to cry about it.

In what world were they "crying about it"? You moaned about our performance and they gave a reasoned response to say why there are positives to be taken from it.

It was a weird performance tonight but what an excellent result. Four years unbeaten at home in Europe until tonight. This was always going to be a tough game.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976

You don't get to pick and choose which games you shake hands on ya prick!

Win, lose or draw ... you congrat or console the oppo manager after a game.

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
And thank God it ended up not becoming forever known as our 3-3 kit.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Simeone looking for a bit of class..

Mo  :wave

Caption: "Bring me my sword. There can only be one."
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Simeone looking for a bit of class..

Mo  :wave

Why does he wear leather sole shoes on a football pitch? No wonder he’s moving around all the time. He needs to keep his balance.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
What a SORE LOSER this Simeone is !
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Any win against AM away is a good one. We’ve had a terrific start to the season. We’re getting that mentally back where we are just about impossible to beat.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Kloppo has no more fucks left to give with this journo :lmao

‘When was I angry? Now I’m angry because of your question!’

https://twitter.com/stansportfc/status/1450577429177634818?s=21

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jόrgen-a believe us... ♬
Thought Ox played well and improved the midfield when he came on, both going forward and defensively.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jόrgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
Spanish teams/players are so cynical.

Ref could whistle for a throw-in and they'll be in disbelief ranting on his ear like he just murdered someone in cold blood.

Why can't they be normal, like ... at least a hint of composure. A semblance of sanity. An ounce of humility.

Tw*ts (thumbs up emoji)
The change is cast

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

I don't particularly like Porto but i hope us and them go through. We could help them by twatting Atletico at Anfield and not winning against Porto.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
I don't particularly like Porto but i hope us and them go through. We could help them by twatting Atletico at Anfield and not winning against Porto.

Porto absolutely dominated the opening tie at the Wanda and should’ve won, if they’d done that we could’ve been putting Atletico in the Europa league when they come to Anfield.

Good job by the lads tonight, that’s us basically through. Win one more game and we’re basically guaranteed to top the group.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Number 7 and 20 for 21/22. Thank you and goodbye
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
Funny how everyone here hates Real Madrid but these lot are just as bad. Arrogant and classless, fuck them. Hope we smash them at Anfield. Oh and Simeone is a proper little shit.

I used to have a soft spot for Atletico, just because they weren't Real. But now they can go do one. You're right, they really are no better.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Also they were at home. No game at the weekend - the perfect preparation for us for a week or so.
Next time at Anfield will be easier.
They are on a 2 a week schedule now and all la Liga games. It will be different at Anfield

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
These are a horrible bunch but they're also the champions of Spain for a reason. To get a result here, let alone a win is a great achievement. I know I wouldn't like to play in their stadium, seemed very intimidating on tv (and the ref blew for pretty much everything after the red card).

Alisson MOTM. That first Salah goal is going to be overlooked but yet another moment of brilliance from him.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Rayo Vallecano? Getafe?
That's true, there's more options than just the big two in that City. Rayo and Getafe probably have more class and a lot less diving.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Why does he wear leather sole shoes on a football pitch? No wonder he’s moving around all the time. He needs to keep his balance.
Cheap twat still has the price sticker on the sole.
Fόreinander, nicht jeder fόr sich.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What a SORE LOSER this Simeone is !

That's Argies for you, they have a history of behaving like this.

And Simeone has always been a complete wanker which doesn't help.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Was concerned about the midfield when I saw the line up. Keita , wonder goal aside, looked out of his depth, Hendo and Milner are really struggling this season. That said, it was a very difficult game against the shithouses of Europe. The team did great to stick at it and earned the 3 points.
Was great to get one over Simeone.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Add Ronnie Whelan to the list. Watched the game on RTE and he was an absolute misery, worse than peak Lawrenson. I don't think he praised us once tonight and seemed gutted we won. Spent the whole game criticising us. Yes, we didn't play our best but you would swear Atletico beat us 6-0 the way he was going on.

He's always like that on Liverpool games. He only started talking when they scored their 1st ffs. An epic bellend whopper.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Love that they feel aggrieved after that, perfect way to beat such a snide shithouse
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Reporters notepad:

K.

Klopp.

Don't treat him like a fool.  :D

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
Love that they feel aggrieved after that, perfect way to beat such a snide shithouse

That aligns with how I felt after the game!

I still don’t get Simeone; he’s just a cheerleader in a suit really. If he spent more time concentrating on his team rather than trying to whip up a crowd… who knows.

Ah well hope we batter them next game

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Atletico fans crying about decisions, two weeks after they got awarded the most laughable penalty decision ever to win in Milan, after they had a man harshly sent off is priceless stuff.

Have some fucking shame.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Lemar was interfering with play as he is in a position that stops Matip from attempting a clearance.

From the FA rule book…..

In situations where:
a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball

Walton was arguing that it was different rule for goalies being “obstructed” than defenders.
That shows he knows not of which he spake.
It just says opponents.
Shows how much he makes up to justify the refs actions.
Crap referee crap pundit.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
How was Nabby overall?  I haven't watched the full game yet but saw he was twice beaten 1 on 1 in the lead up to goals.  Great strike though.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
I still can't get over what Hermoso did for the penalty, what an absolute weapon.

Simone is just an Argentine Sam Allardyce, shite, defensive, long-ball football. He's created a siege mentality in his team that makes them think they can do what they want and any repercussions are because they're being picked on.

Once the decisions start going against them, their decision making gets worse and worse, the play acting and histrionics increase and they’re constantly in the officials face. That’s why they gave away that stupid penalty. They believe they can do what they want on the football pitch.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
I’ve got a lovely scar from where a high stud ripped my ear in two, about 20 years ago. That guy didn’t mean it either. A red all day long.

The pen was 50-50. Contact was clumsy but it was also a dive. It would’ve been given last season.

Watching the replays and there was one angle where it shows the Atletico player actually moves across into Jota and initiates the contact.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
Is trent playing with an injury ?
Looked disinterested & his passing was not that great. Even klopp was shouting at him for his wayward passes.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

All the Abu Dhabi fans in the responses.
They really do feel insecure and unloved and most of all irrelevant.
They score 5 and no one is talking about them, only about us.
 :)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Is trent playing with an injury ?
Looked disinterested & his passing was not that great. Even klopp was shouting at him for his wayward passes.

He certainly looks interested. Not sure what people watch.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Add Ronnie Whelan to the list. Watched the game on RTE and he was an absolute misery, worse than peak Lawrenson. I don't think he praised us once tonight and seemed gutted we won. Spent the whole game criticising us. Yes, we didn't play our best but you would swear Atletico beat us 6-0 the way he was going on.

Had to turn Ronnie off after the Atletico equaliser and switch on BT. He's always been a bit of a moan but since the Euros he's become unbearable. All just classic "All footballers are daft and shite these days" kind of moaning. Terrible commentator which is annoying because I much prefer George Hamilton to "Fletch" and "Macca".

McManaman, like many commentators and pundits, just stuck to his "It's accidental, football's too soft these days for me, and old-school footballer" schtick on the red card.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Reading the BBC report on the game and it is clear that increasingly journalism is not about writing knowledgeably about the subject, but more about expressing an opinion in the sole hope of creating arguments, usually by a public school educated posh boy. Phil McNulty must wonder what he has on his team.

Apparently the two penalty decisions were similar.
Greizemann’s red was debatable

The red card was a red all day long. Anyone who actually follows football would be able to point to similar applications of the rule about a high boot. Endangering the opponent is the key phrase. Nani and Alex say hello.

For our penalty the Atletico player looks only at Jota, totally ignoring the ball and runs across the area into him flattening him. More American Eggball than football

Their effort was one where both players were running together and one decides to throw himself to the floor after moving across to bump the defender.

But by getting us to talk about his write up said “journalist” has achieved his aim.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
Thank fuck for Alisson Becker, not our best performance but we won at one of the hardest grounds to go to, Atletico are a team of bitches with a bitch manager

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams

McManaman, like many commentators and pundits, just stuck to his "It's accidental, football's too soft these days for me, and old-school footballer" schtick on the red card.

If you accidentally kick someone in the head then that is just as dangerous as if you meant it. Dangerous Play = red card.

Looking forward to when we get a new generation of commentators and pundits who have grown up with more tolerance in the rules of football and stop moaning about things back in their day.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How was Nabby overall?  I haven't watched the full game yet but saw he was twice beaten 1 on 1 in the lead up to goals.  Great strike though.

I think he and the overall midfield didn’t work out that well in the first half. Not sure if we should blame Naby for that but he looked a bit off. Henderson was in the first 10 mins or drifting up quite a bit and the three of them looked out of shape. Got better with Fabinho in for sure.