Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123398 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #32760 on: June 27, 2022, 10:02:22 am »
Ottavio looks like a Gini Wijnaldum. Does a bit of everything, great engine, and seems tactically aware to play anywhere. Perfect Klopp player really.

Sign him up.

That is probably why I like the idea of Otavio. Player with no defined position, but can probably play 3-4 positions in the 4-3-3 and the 4-2-3-1. Could be a great squad option, replacing both Ox and Minamino, with Jones, Elliott and Carvalho taking the rest of the minutes. Probably nothing in this rumour, though ...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32761 on: June 27, 2022, 10:05:05 am »
Or, he is taking the corners ...

Whooosh
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32762 on: June 27, 2022, 10:05:57 am »

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32763 on: June 27, 2022, 10:09:56 am »
That is probably why I like the idea of Otavio. Player with no defined position, but can probably play 3-4 positions in the 4-3-3 and the 4-2-3-1. Could be a great squad option, replacing both Ox and Minamino, with Jones, Elliott and Carvalho taking the rest of the minutes. Probably nothing in this rumour, though ...
Neil Jones who reports on LFC from goal has just said, that the club has told him there is no interest in Otavio and that he never has been a target.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32764 on: June 27, 2022, 10:12:48 am »
Looks like it's back to treating the portuguese sources as mostly laughable rumour-mongers using our name to try and drum up interest

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #32765 on: June 27, 2022, 10:14:22 am »
Looks like it's back to treating the portuguese sources as mostly laughable rumour-mongers using our name to try and drum up interest

I agree.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32766 on: June 27, 2022, 10:21:35 am »
Neil Jones who reports on LFC from goal has just said, that the club has told him there is no interest in Otavio and that he never has been a target.

Well, that kills this rumour. Still, it would be interesting to see if Ox can perform the same role on the squad. I think that he could be pretty effective playing on the right of our attack in the 4-2-3-1, resting Salah in some games ...

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32767 on: June 27, 2022, 11:49:32 am »
Or, he is taking the corners ...

You seem emotionally very daltonic. You really cannot spot when someone is joking?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #32768 on: June 27, 2022, 01:04:50 pm »
We are now being linked as front runners for Ousmane Dembele as his contract ends in 2 days! Some of these reports are laughable  :butt (I assume the Spanish 'Sport' are as dodgy as our own version  ;) )

I hope not! Apart from his obvious attitude problems, Injury problems and the money he would expect, I am pretty sure he's already pissed Jurgen off once before?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:07:51 pm by BigRedFeetBed »

Offline Arrowsmith

• Anny Roader
  • Eee aye addio, we've won the cup!
« Reply #32769 on: June 27, 2022, 01:13:47 pm »
Think I read about him in The Onion
Is he a Dane? I was hoping he'd be an Argy Bardghji.
Wool by birth, Scouse by blood.
JFT97

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32770 on: June 27, 2022, 01:18:40 pm »
You seem emotionally very daltonic. You really cannot spot when someone is joking?

Nah, I just have a very refined sense of humour ...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32771 on: June 27, 2022, 01:19:21 pm »
We are now being linked as front runners for Ousmane Dembele as his contract ends in 2 days! Some of these reports are laughable  :butt (I assume the Spanish 'Sport' are as dodgy as our own version  ;) )

I hope not! Apart from his obvious attitude problems, Injury problems and the money he would expect, I am pretty sure he's already pissed Jurgen off once before?
Sport is a propaganda machine that lets them put what they want out.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:21:34 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32772 on: June 27, 2022, 01:20:15 pm »

We are not signing Ousmane Dembele ...

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #32773 on: June 27, 2022, 01:34:30 pm »
We are not signing Ousmane Dembele ...

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment to be honest..I know we arent signing him.

Just out of interest, who are our trusted sources?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32774 on: June 27, 2022, 01:37:26 pm »
It was more of a tongue in cheek comment to be honest..I know we arent signing him.

Just out of interest, who are our trusted sources?

Joyce, Pearce, Reddy ...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32775 on: June 27, 2022, 01:47:04 pm »
Joyce, Pearce, Reddy ...Samie

Cheers.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #32776 on: June 27, 2022, 01:48:09 pm »

Jack of all trades, master of none? No thanks.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32777 on: June 27, 2022, 01:54:45 pm »

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32778 on: June 27, 2022, 01:58:56 pm »
Bellingham confirmed.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #32779 on: June 27, 2022, 02:00:32 pm »

A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32780 on: June 27, 2022, 02:02:21 pm »
Bellingham confirmed.

But, his huge wage demands? His admiration for Guardiola and De Bruyne? Him beeing a childhood Man City fan?

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #32781 on: June 27, 2022, 02:13:37 pm »
Is he a Dane? I was hoping he'd be an Argy Bardghji.

Are we allowed to use jokes from Mind Your Language? Should be a bannable offence.  :no :lickin
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32782 on: June 27, 2022, 02:33:31 pm »
But, his huge wage demands? His admiration for Guardiola and De Bruyne? Him beeing a childhood Man City fan?

Nailed on, just like Mbappe

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32783 on: June 27, 2022, 02:35:25 pm »
Nailed on, just like Mbappe

More like Sancho. Bellingham is not at the same level as Mbappe, in any way ...

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #32784 on: June 27, 2022, 02:40:19 pm »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32785 on: June 27, 2022, 02:42:54 pm »
And Sami.

Samie works for the club, so he is not a source. More of an insider ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32787 on: June 27, 2022, 02:51:39 pm »

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32788 on: June 27, 2022, 02:58:08 pm »
Ffs Samie don’t post stuff late and make it out like you got the scoop. You’re like SkySports or Tap In. Caston beat you to it - sort it out Son
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32789 on: June 27, 2022, 03:02:48 pm »
Ffs Samie don’t post stuff late and make it out like you got the scoop. You’re like SkySports or Tap In. Caston beat you to it - sort it out Son

;D

To be fair I didn't see Caston's post.  ;D

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #32790 on: June 27, 2022, 03:06:20 pm »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32791 on: June 27, 2022, 03:07:46 pm »

Samie has to get nippier.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32792 on: June 27, 2022, 03:09:53 pm »
Samie has to get nippier.

He's slowed down later into his career. A few years ago he'd have been first to all bits of info like that. Might be time to let him wind down his contract and bring a younger replacement in.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32793 on: June 27, 2022, 03:17:16 pm »
There needs to be an investigation into what is wrong with Samie. I think he might be a bot or maybe that sentient ai that mad fella from google was on about.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32794 on: June 27, 2022, 03:19:22 pm »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #32795 on: June 27, 2022, 03:37:11 pm »
There needs to be an investigation into what is wrong with Samie. I think he might be a bot or maybe that sentient ai that mad fella from google was on about.
Nah, he's just had too many kebabs in his young life.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32796 on: June 27, 2022, 04:15:23 pm »
What are the chances of signing Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund?
So who are Liverpool likely to target, then?

We know that they looked at signing Aurelien Tchouameni this summer, only to discover pretty early on that the France international had his heart set on a move to Real Madrid.

Tchouameni eventually got his wish, moving to the European champions in a €100m (£86m/$106m), but it is that type of player that Liverpool will seek to bring in: young, athletic, with good experience but also plenty of room to grow and develop.

‘A Bellingham-type’, as one source put it earlier this summer.

What about Bellingham himself, then? The England international will almost certainly leave Borussia Dortmund next year and, at 19 (his birthday is June 29), he represents the ultimate long-term investment, a successor to Henderson and the kind of player who could dominate the Reds’ midfield for a decade or longer.

Klopp is a fan (who isn’t?) but Liverpool know competition for his signature will be fierce. Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City have all registered their interest, and it would be a surprise if both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich hadn’t done the same.

A potential fee of £100m ($123m) could also prove prohibitive, especially with Bellingham likely to command a salary which would place him among the highest earners at the club if he were to join. Were he to shine at the World Cup this winter, the numbers, and the interest, will only rise.

Liverpool’s wage structure is carefully managed – see, for evidence, the difficulty they’ve had agreeing a new deal with Mohamed Salah – so it would be interesting to see just how hard they would be willing to push for someone like Bellingham, even if it is understood the player would be more than interested in a move to Merseyside.

Who else could Liverpool look to sign?

Of course, Liverpool’s recruitment team would not be doing their jobs properly if they had not identified other targets.

Barry Hunter, the chief scout, and his team are known to operate two or three windows in advance of the present, and Ward's database will be bulging with tons of regularly-updated reports on potential arrivals.

Declan Rice of West Ham, for example, has admirers, but is seen as expensive, both in terms of transfer fee and wages. Aston Villa youngster Carney Chukwuemeka, currently shining at the European Under-19 Championship with England, is also highly thought of, but might join Dortmund. Could he be the long-term replacement for Bellingham, perhaps?

Inter’s Nicola Barella, and Ibrahim Sangare of PSV are among those who have been linked. Klopp rates Barella in particular, while Salzburg’s Luka Sucic is viewed as a potentially-elite prospect, and Liverpool boast a strong relationship with the Red Bull group, which owns the Austrian champions.

Whoever is eventually targeted, they are likely to fit a certain profile. Liverpool broke from their usual strategy to sign Thiago, an established star in his late-20s, from Bayern Munich in 2020, but they have been very much back 'on brand' since, with the arrivals of Diogo Jota, Ibrahima Konate, Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez, Carvalho and Ramsay. We can expect that to continue going forward.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/bellingham-2023-liverpool-midfield-transfer-dilemma/bltf86925e716dec293#csf638ca4ca4c6101b

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #32797 on: June 27, 2022, 04:19:58 pm »

https://theathletic.com/3384142/2022/06/27/liverpool-midfield-transfers-klopp

Obviously no use signing someone who we don't really want but if we're prepared to risk a season waiting for Bellingham, I just hope in 12 months time The Athletic aren't writing a briefed article that we can't match the salary offer other clubs are and we're prepared to wait till 2024 - if we don't find the right player at the right price - and key funds have already gone on replacing another African forward.

If we weren't waiting on Bellingham - and we really wanted a midfielder - we'd be working through a list of 4 or 5 targets to get one, who had been extensively scouted. If we're going to wait another year, then I don't want to hear excuses next year over why Bellingham is signing for someone else, we need to get him.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 04:25:43 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32798 on: June 27, 2022, 04:21:07 pm »
Names! I like names.

They could easily get Sucic out of Salzburg this summer but I'd guess we think he'd benefit from more time spent there first.

Chukwuemeka probably wants to do what Bellingham's done, so might not be an easy one to tempt.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32799 on: June 27, 2022, 04:27:24 pm »

Listening to him,we'd just be another stepping stone,this time to Birmingham City.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill